Cade Skywalker vs Kyp Durron

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Trocity
All out.

MythLord
Durron, more-than-likely.

Deronn_solo
Durron can win if he exercises his Force advantage, and never let's up. In a strict duel, Kyp will surely fall to Cade's blade in a good bout.

Ziggystardust
Kyp get's ragdolled ala kenth hamner

Emperordmb
Durron, he's the greater Force user and honestly probably the greatest duelist as well.

NewGuy01
I'd like to say Durron wins, but I doubt it. Cade probably takes this in a close fight.

DarthAnt66
Cade.

Deronn_solo
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Honestly probably the greatest duelist as well.

In theory, yeah - he should be. Too bad his feats don't say as much.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
In theory, yeah - he should be. Too bad his feats don't say as much.
I choose to take the evidence given instead of rejecting it because there isn't more.

RHaggis
Durron, he's the greater Force user and honestly probably the greatest duelist as well.

darthbane77
Cade is overall superior in my opinion, so I'll say Cade.

chingchangwalla
Cade's a lunatic but he takes this

BazookaMaster
Cade is a better fighter and saber duelist. Only a few fights were decided by Force attacks on the mythos.

Ursumeles
Bump

Durron can win if he exercises his Force advantage, and never let's up. In a strict duel, Kyp will surely fall to Cade's blade in a good bout.
This.

The Ellimist
Kyp should be able to ragdoll.

cs_zoltan
Lel

The Ellimist
Kyp's feats and accolades speak for themselves; at this point people are just denying them for the sake of denying them.

Ursumeles
Originally posted by The Ellimist
Kyp's feats and accolades speak for themselves; at this point people are just denying them for the sake of denying them.
yes
An serious Kyp should be able to ragdoll.

cs_zoltan
Most powerful person Kyp ragdolled was nobody, iirc. Krayt couldn't ragdoll Cade.

Do the math.

Ursumeles
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
Most powerful person Kyp ragdolled was nobody, iirc. Krayt couldn't ragdoll Cade.

Do the math.
Krayt was toying iirc.
Kyp>Krayt.
Do the math.

The Ellimist
1. Is stated by numerous in and out of universe sources to have a potential surpassing Vader, and maybe Luke.
2. Manipulates a black hole with greater ease than Luke.
3. Ragdolls a freighter for use as a telekinetic weapon with casual ease.

Yeah, Kyp wins.

Ziggystardust
It's ashame that none of Kyp's feats have translated to combative power.
He might win a bench pressing contest, but in a fight, nah.

cs_zoltan
Originally posted by Ursumeles
Krayt was toying iirc.

Fanon.

Originally posted by Ursumeles
Kyp>Krayt.

Lmao.

1. Is stated by numerous in and out of universe sources to have a potential surpassing Vader, and maybe Luke.

Doesn't matter for shit. Maul had the potential to be Sidious successor.

2. Manipulates a black hole with greater ease than Luke.

And here comes the single most wanked feat in all of SW. If you want to go that route Apocalypse Krayt ~ Luke.

3. Ragdolls a freighter for use as a telekinetic weapon with casual ease.

In space. Cade did the same with a shuttle on ground when using deathsticks to dull his connection to the force thumb up

For all his supposed power Kyp at most was still "only" the combative equal of Jaina. If he could ragdoll the shit out of Jaina he'd be better. He isn't.

Cade is at least as good as Jaina. Kyp ain't ragdolling shit.

Ursumeles
He don't wanted to ragdoll Jaina erm

cs_zoltan
http://villagechurchvinings.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/IMG_6143.png

Ursumeles
If he could ragdoll the shit out of Jaina he'd be better. He isn't.

Cade is at least as good as Jaina. Kyp ain't ragdolling shit.
I just answered that.

cs_zoltan
And you missed the point. I didn't say because Kyp didn't ragdoll Jaina in their fight he can't. I said, because Jaina has an accolade of at least being Kyp's combative equal he logically can't ragdoll Jaina. Otherwise they wouldn't be combative equals, Kyp would be better.

Ursumeles
And you missed the point. I didn't say because Kyp didn't ragdoll Jaina in their fight he can't. I said, because Jaina has an accolade of at least being Kyp's combative equal he logically can't ragdoll Jaina. Otherwise they wouldn't be combative equals, Kyp would be better.
That just put's Jaina on Kyp's level, also above Cade, lmao.

cs_zoltan
Right. Just like how every PT Jedi is automatically scaled off of Rivi-Anu.

Stop your bs wanking.

The Ellimist
Doesn't matter for shit. Maul had the potential to be Sidious successor.

It's powerscaling; Kyp surpasses all of Luke's trainees within like a week, and by FotJ he's middle aged and has been training as a Jedi his entire life. Maul never reaches that age, nor does he have that clear line of progression, but I do use Maul's potential and age as reasons to put him above Bane, for instance.

You didn't actually respond to my point.

(And Krayt wasn't playing the same tactical role as Luke in that fight, so it's a poor comparison)

A freighter is far, far larger. The fact that there was no large gravitational field is more than compensated for by the fact that Kyp would've had to have accelerated the freighter at far more than 1 g for it to have tagged a vessel in a dogfight.

Where is that stated? Jaina is vaguely stated by some sources to be the equal of "anyone" in the Order, which sounds like Anoon's description of being "second to none". She thinks in LotF: Invincible that several council members are her superior.

Anyway, Jaina > Cade.

Um, based on what?

NewGuy01
I choose to take the evidence given instead of rejecting it because there isn't more.

Agen Kolar. smile

JKBart
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Agen Kolar. smile I put him just below Maul as a duelist because of that feat so defo a good example smile

cs_zoltan
It's powerscaling; Kyp surpasses all of Luke's trainees within like a week, and by FotJ he's middle aged and has been training as a Jedi his entire life. Maul never reaches that age, nor does he have that clear line of progression, but I do use Maul's potential and age as reasons to put him above Bane, for instance.

https://media.giphy.com/media/1vAaDWLvujuCI/giphy.gif

You didn't actually respond to my point.

(And Krayt wasn't playing the same tactical role as Luke in that fight, so it's a poor comparison)

There's nothing to respond. The Black Hole wanking is the single most retarded thing in the whole KMC. A single feat done in a meditative state doesn't mean shit, when Kyp combatively isn't even on Jaina's level.

A freighter is far, far larger. The fact that there was no large gravitational field is more than compensated for by the fact that Kyp would've had to have accelerated the freighter at far more than 1 g for it to have tagged a vessel in a dogfight.

It compensates for nothing. In space there's no gravity, there's no air resistance, there's no pressure. Once you move something it keeps moving forever, and it's also far easier to move it in the first place.

Where is that stated? Jaina is vaguely stated by some sources to be the equal of "anyone" in the Order, which sounds like Anoon's description of being "second to none". She thinks in LotF: Invincible that several council members are her superior.

Anyway, Jaina > Cade.

Jaina Solo, who, as Sword of the Jedi, had proven time and again that she was the combat equal of anyone in the Order.
--Fate of the Jedi: Apocalypse

Um, based on what?

Based on his superior feats across the board you fugg.

Geistalt

Used the wrong "lets," tho; non-conjunction verbs just don't use apostrophes.

The Ellimist
https://media.giphy.com/media/1vAaDWLvujuCI/giphy.gif

Concession accepted. thumb up

You can't dismiss a plethora of in and out of universe declarations just because you don't like them. Sorry, not sorry.

OK, so the only actual argument that you make here is that it was done in a "meditative state". That does matter, yes, but it's hardly as if we never consider feats performed under such conditions, or as if just meditating magically lets any Force user do anything. It's still a matter of fact that basically nobody else in the mythos has pulled off a comparable TK feat, meditation enabled or no. The monstrous showing of collapsing black holes capable of generating gravitational fields comparable to what we'd see from planetary bodies is not taken away because he had to concentrate a little bit.

But even beyond the feat itself is the comparison with Luke struggling to do the same thing.

You're welcome to show me which Young Earth Creationist textbook told you that there's no pressure (.i.e. force per area) in space. As with the rest of your response, you ignored the actual argument to just repeat yourself emphatically. The absence of a gravitational field doesn't negate the feat because in order to have used the freighter as a useful projectile, he would've had to accelerated it by far more than one g anyway, seeing as how starships maneuver at far more agile rates. Ergo, his feat is still more impressive than Cade's, even when you take into account gravity, and yes, even when you ignore the size difference between a shuttle and a freighter.

I mean, I don't think it's occurred to you that the acceleration of an object is still proportional to the force applied to it in "space", and there's no constant being added when air molecules aren't around. Your stance here is just unintelligible. What were you trying to get at?

So Jaina ~ Luke now? But what does this prove exactly - if Jaina really is Luke tier, how the hell would Kyp not being on her level be a mark against him?

Well when you learn middle school physics you might think differently. thumb up

So we've clearly gone over the:

1. Plethora of accolades from both trusted in-universe characters and out-of-universe narrators placing Kyp near the top in potential, and the knowledge that he a) learns incredibly fast and b) is middle aged by FotJ.

2. Ability to pull off spectacular feats in telekinesis such as manipulating artificial black holes with greater ease than Luke himself did, and ragdolling freighters for use as projectile weapons.

3. A lack of comparable feats on Cades's end.

I think this is a done deal.

Ursumeles
Ellimist, I like it that you wank Kyp, UnuThul, Caedus and Luke as much as I do smile

cs_zoltan
Concession accepted. thumb up

You can't dismiss a plethora of in and out of universe declarations just because you don't like them. Sorry, not sorry.

I don't dismiss them, but potential is as irrelevant as it comes if he didn't achieve it. Kyp didn't.

OK, so the only actual argument that you make here is that it was done in a "meditative state". That does matter, yes, but it's hardly as if we never consider feats performed under such conditions, or as if just meditating magically lets any Force user do anything. It's still a matter of fact that basically nobody else in the mythos has pulled off a comparable TK feat, meditation enabled or no. The monstrous showing of collapsing black holes capable of generating gravitational fields comparable to what we'd see from planetary bodies is not taken away because he had to concentrate a little bit.

But even beyond the feat itself is the comparison with Luke struggling to do the same thing.

It matters, because Kyp clearly can't actualize that power in a combative scenario. It might be news to you, but force users can't always bring their full power to bear in a duel. Kyp never demonstrated he could.

That's why he's < Jaina.

Kyp could win a "who can lift the bigger rock" contest, but that's not what we are discussing.

You're welcome to show me which Young Earth Creationist textbook told you that there's no pressure (.i.e. force per area) in space. As with the rest of your response, you ignored the actual argument to just repeat yourself emphatically. The absence of a gravitational field doesn't negate the feat because in order to have used the freighter as a useful projectile, he would've had to accelerated it by far more than one g anyway, seeing as how starships maneuver at far more agile rates. Ergo, his feat is still more impressive than Cade's, even when you take into account gravity, and yes, even when you ignore the size difference between a shuttle and a freighter.

I mean, I don't think it's occurred to you that the acceleration of an object is still proportional to the force applied to it in "space", and there's no constant being added when air molecules aren't around. Your stance here is just unintelligible. What were you trying to get at?

First of all I was talking about air pressure, you could've guessed from the context, but it seems you rather just attack my intelligence. Good for you.

Anyhow everything you just said is a big pile of crap thumb up

And yes gravity matters, it's a force which against you have to act when you TK something. Air resistance matters, it slows things down in case you didn't know that.

It's even noted in the text how it was easier:
Now he reached out with the Force and took hold of the dead freighter.

It shot forward with astonishing ease, moving steadily through the vacuum of space toward the shielded coral-skipper.

And as for your fanon on how much Kyp accelerated it to hit coralskipper I'd like you to prove it, since he actually needed help from a squad of x-wings to herd the ship so he can hit it:

The lieutenant spun off in a tight turn, his two surviving pilots following closely. They darted around the big coralskipper, cutting off its retreat, taking and returning fire from the other enemy skips. Their daring maneuvers soon exacted a price-lan's ship got caught in a Yuuzhan Vong crossfire. The double blast of plasma proved too much for his shields, and the ship dissolved in a bright splatter of plasma and superheated metal.

The pilots Lan had commanded doggedly held the course he'd plotted. The XJs continued to harry the big skip, forcing it to keep up its stuttering shields as the dead freighter closed in. At the last moment, the surviving X-wings shot away toward safety.

The freighter never got close.

So Jaina ~ Luke now? But what does this prove exactly - if Jaina really is Luke tier, how the hell would Kyp not being on her level be a mark against him?

Luke wasn't part of the Order, nice try tho.

Well when you learn middle school physics you might think differently. thumb up

So we've clearly gone over the:

1. Plethora of accolades from both trusted in-universe characters and out-of-universe narrators placing Kyp near the top in potential, and the knowledge that he a) learns incredibly fast and b) is middle aged by FotJ.

2. Ability to pull off spectacular feats in telekinesis such as manipulating artificial black holes with greater ease than Luke himself did, and ragdolling freighters for use as projectile weapons.

3. A lack of comparable feats on Cades's end.

I think this is a done deal.

1. Irrelevant.
2. All of them with concentration and in space.
3. Actually every feat other than the Black Hole one Cade exceeds. By quite a bit.

Deronn_solo
Kyp one-shotting a Sith Leviathan via AE the very first time he put it to use, is superior to any destructive feat Cade has shown.

cs_zoltan
"Shown"? Probably. But Cade is vastly superior to Nihl and Talon who repeatedly KO'd or OHK'd High Council level Jedi before their prime, so I doubt he couldn't replicate it.

Ursumeles
Kyp one-shotting a Sith Leviathan via AE the very first time he put it to use, is superior to any destructive feat Cade has shown.
No "LMAO" or "KEK"?
Could this be true? Will Deronn be resurrected once again and will he slain the enemies of Kyp Durron once again?

Emperordmb

Deronn_solo
"Shown"? Probably. But Cade is vastly superior to Nihl and Talon who repeatedly KO'd or OHK'd High Council level Jedi before their prime, so I doubt he couldn't replicate it.

Playing the scaling game with Kyp Durron isn't exactly a smart thing to do. We're talking about someone who was "vastly" more powerful than guys who can one-shot AT-ST's with via Force pushes with moderate difficulty, or summon hurricane force winds. I really don't see a way for one to argue for Cade being more powerful, or even share adjacent parity with Durron.

The Ellimist
I don't dismiss them, but potential is as irrelevant as it comes if he didn't achieve it. Kyp didn't.

No, the argument is that it's reasonable to predict that he did achieve it because of his demonstrated learning speed and years of experience. It's just powerscaling, which is a perfectly justifiable manner of analyzing a combatant. We do it all the time.

It doesn't hurt that this powerscaling just happens to justify Kyp Durron's black hole feat as being the work of a titanic Force wielder (rather than just the product of "concentration"wink and his other monstrous telekinetic demonstrations.

Dude, lots of his most notable Force shenanigans in the NJO series were done in the middle of combat. His freighter manipulation was done while he was dogfighting in his starfighter.

And as I was twice saying, if Kyp accelerated the ship at more than 1 g, he would have applied more force than someone just lifting it steadily on Earth's surface would anyway.

At the speeds Cade was tossing the shuttle, air resistance is negligible relative to the force Kyp was exerting on the freighter.

Or it means Kyp's Force reserves were deeper than he had guessed. thumb up

Because the, like < 0.5 m/s^2 acceleration we'd need for Kyp's feat to require less force than moving a far smaller shuttle in a 1 g gravitational field would be about as sensible or plausible of a projectile weapon as someone trying to shoot down fighter jets with slingshots. At that point it would have less momentum than the proton torpedos mounted on the X-wings anyway, let alone their actual payloads.

It was a nice try indeed, since it succeeded; Luke had already rejoined the Order. laughing

2. So show me all the Cade+ tier people who have done something on that scale "with concentration". Or do you think a feat requiring concentration automatically negates it, no matter how impressive it is? Is Yoda taking on Sidious not an impressive feat because he had to concentrate to do so? Concentration is a factor, but, as I pointed out, it isn't grounds to dismiss everything you don't like.
3. No, tossing a shuttle is not the same thing as tossing a freighter.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.