The Outlander vs Revan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthAnt66
I just fought Arcann and, honestly, it's time to have this discussion again.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Outlander, based on his performance against Arcann.

DarthAnt66
The Outlander:

- Handled Arcann's lightsaber attacks Valkorion-style.

- Dodged Arcann's telekinetic attack with the Force.

- Bested Arcann in strict lightsaber competition.

- Has truly mastered beyond the light and dark side.

Trocity
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
- Handled Arcann's lightsaber attacks Valkorion-style.

Barehanded? Or with a lightsaber but with the same casual ease?

DarthAnt66
Barehanded.

Trocity
Nice.

Still gotta go with Revan, though. I don't think HoT could have closed the gap between SoR and now, and Revan replicates all those feats against Arcann.

DarthAnt66
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-pqmm7_obWwo/V6kmTIm9iQI/AAAAAAAABWU/77G_C4o8VVA8rMSgFXUWHhWOZZXWdne6wCL0B/w1193-h865-no/arcann.PNG

Arcann after his battle with the Outlander.

Ziggystardust
Looks like a bad Assassins Creed rip off

NewGuy01
I thought the early access started tomorrow?

DarthAnt66
Started today.

Emperordmb
Bioware is gonna have completely ****ed the legends continuity by the time KOTFE is done holy shit

NewGuy01
Started today.

I need videos.

DarthAnt66
Mine is being processed and uploaded, but I suspect the more high-quality ones to be here soon anyway.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Arcann blasting back Vaylin after having just gotten raped and woken up from being unconscious was great smile

ares834
Hmmm... Sounds like Outlander has finally surpassed Revan.

NewGuy01
I think it's too early to say that; Arcann wasn't a Revan-class villain, more of a Malak.

Nephthys
Stream: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7ovmWpf3XE

ares834
Originally posted by NewGuy01
I think it's too early to say that; Arcann wasn't a Revan-class villain, more of a Malak.

Sure. But if he kicks his ass and is treating him in the same manner as Valky well... That would be beyond Revan IMO.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Empress Vaylin.

ares834
Are you serious? God damnit.

carthage
Do they have the chapters uploaded yet?

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Ironically, Arcann came off as very impressive in the finale overall. He was summoning force aberrations ala SOR Revan, and he was able to force push Vaylin back despite having just woken up from being unconscious, missing an arm, and having gotten raped physically and in the force.

carthage
Originally posted by carthage
Do they have the chapters uploaded yet?

NewGuy01
Watching it now. I'm 99% sure that it was Valkorion who was deflecting those lightsaber strikes, like Arcann said; the Outlander seemed surprised it was happening.

Nephthys
Naw, they were just surprised at their new power.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Even Valkorion at the end of the Chapter returns and says, "you are ready." Not sure he'd be saying that if he had to do the heavy lifting throughout the situation. /shrug

MS Warehouse
Started today.

God damn it can you PLEASE put spoiler warnings up there? I'm just now downloading it.

quanchi112
laughing out loud

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
You have moved beyond the limits of your past.

You have harnessed the unified beliefs of Darth Marr and Satele Shan.

DarthAnt66
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=630887

Selenial
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-pqmm7_obWwo/V6kmTIm9iQI/AAAAAAAABWU/77G_C4o8VVA8rMSgFXUWHhWOZZXWdne6wCL0B/w1193-h865-no/arcann.PNG

Arcann after his battle with the Outlander.

Not to take away from the accomplishment, since I agree it was impressive, but Arcann had also been crushed by a collapsing Star Destroyer Bridge tbf.

ares834
What stupid shit was that? Valyn, really? Jesus Christ what garbage. I also hope letting Arcann lives comes back to bite you in the ass. Sometimes the dark side choice should be "Better" but I doubt Bioware has the sense to do that.

And Revan still wins.

MS Warehouse
Yea thanks I'll play it instead of looking at it.

NewGuy01
Just finished the fight. Not more impressed with the Outlander than Revan thus far, and I'm not even positive he's really any more impressive than Arcann. They were pretty evenly matched until the ship was hit, and the Outlander hit him mid-fall.

DarthAnt66
Valkorion left the Outlander. I don't think it could have been him.

Rather, it's probably the power Valkorion imbued into the Outlander.

BTW, Valkorion shows up at the end of the chapter and says "You are ready."

ares834
So what was that Commander of the Force shit that people were talking about awhile back?

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Read my spoiler quotes above.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by ares834
So what was that Commander of the Force shit that people were talking about awhile back?
In the gameplay portion of the fight, you get amps titled "Transcendence" and "Unity" which gives you some powers to use against Arcann.

EDIT: And what Skillz said. thumb up

ares834
That's it?

DarthAnt66
Yep.

Nephthys
What do they do?

DarthAnt66
One is a speed boost. The other is a Force barrier.

NewGuy01
Valkorion left the Outlander. I don't think it could have been him.

I thought it was unanimously agreed upon that he was lying?

NewGuy01
One is a speed boost. The other is a Force barrier.

What about Sacrifice?

DarthAnt66
Hm?

NewGuy01
You get three choices when you create the lightsaber. Defense(or something like that), Transcendence, and Sacrifice. Doesn't that mean there are three possible power ups?

DarthAnt66
Ah. Good question. I'm not sure. PMs, BTW.

FreshestSlice
Outlander. As we always predicted, comrades.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
thumb up

Sinious
Still Revan.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
How do the Revan supporters suppose he'll defeat The Outlander, tbh?

DarthAnt66
By killing him, I muse.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
In sabers? The force?

Revan's being pushed to the edge here. smile

FreshestSlice
Revan was just a little rusty. That's why he could kill anyone with a name.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
I honestly believe Revan's just as good as him in sabers, and he's still better in the Force, and knows shit the Outlander has never even dreamed up.

And let's not act like Revan isn't going to go batshit crazy and fight his 150% when he senses an echo of Valkorion within the Outlander.

Teleport a lightsaber up Outlander's ass and that will be that. thumb up

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Fresh: smile

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
That banter got old a year ago, tbh.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Is he wrong tho

DarthAnt66
The last guy the Outlander's officially killed was ****ing Darth Angral. thumb up

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Never failed to kill muggles. thumb down

FreshestSlice
The last guy the Outlander's officially killed was ****ing Darth Angral. thumb up
The last guy the Outlander killed was the Emperor. And what I said didn't become less true because time went by; it became more and more fact.

darthbane77
Revan still wins. The Outlander's performance against Arcann was likely Valkorion's doing, he amped the Outlander immensely.

darthbane77
I honestly believe Revan's just as good as him in sabers, and he's still better in the Force, and knows shit the Outlander has never even dreamed up.

And let's not act like Revan isn't going to go batshit crazy and fight his 150% when he senses an echo of Valkorion within the Outlander.

Teleport a lightsaber up Outlander's ass and that will be that. thumb up I laughed way too ****ing hard at that.

Jmanghan
Revan could take Arcann AND Vaylin at the same time, not sure Outlander could do that, tbh.

Btw, Ant, aren't you dark side?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.