The Outlander vs Exar Kun

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FreshestSlice
Glowsticks
Space magic
Full pissing match

DarthAnt66
Kun. Outlander's still not ready to dance with the big boys.

AncientPower
Originally posted by DarthAnt66

FreshestSlice
Raisins?

carthage
Will see the clips when I get home, but I foresee a future where the Outlander much like the weak soul of Bane dies

chingchangwalla
Kun in a good fight

darthbane77
Then was that Revan vs Outlander thread a joke thread? Because if the Outlander can't take Kun then he can't take Revan.

On topic: Kun ftw.

DarthAnt66
I was undecided who wins when I made the thread. Now I've decided the Outlander is still firmly below Revan and friends. thumb up

darthbane77
I was undecided who wins when I made the thread. Now I've decided the Outlander is still firmly below Revan and friends. thumb up
Ah, ok. Wasn't sure if you were trolling or not haha.

SunRazer
Outlander still seems weaker than Arcann. He's not beating Exar Kun as of yet.

Nephthys
Lolwut? The Outlander beat Arcann.

S_W_LeGenD
You sure about that?

Selenial

yes

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by SunRazer
Outlander still seems weaker than Arcann. He's not beating Exar Kun as of yet.

Jesus Christ.

darthbane77
Originally posted by Nephthys
That doesn't make him superior to Arcann. Arcann was quite obviously the superior combatant in their duel. It's the same situation as Darth Vader vs Luke on the Death Star II; Vader is obviously superior, but Luke managed a win anyway.

Nephthys
No he wasn't. Arcann was out of breath halfway through while the Outlander was still fresh. The easily repulsed his lightsaber and Arcann couldn't do shit about it. They were 1-handing his strikes.

darthbane77
And seemed incredibly surprised at doing it, watching the duel, I got the impression that Arcann had the upper hand until the ship started kersploding.

carthage
Kylo Ren can repel lightsabers too, hardly an amazing feat and there is no doubt he was better but I'm laughing at the idea that he's vastly above when Arcann still put him on his ass with TK and Outlander only scored some decisive blows when the ship destabilized Arcann.

Kun wins

Nephthys
They just got amped by Valkorion. They weren't aware they could do that until that point. The Outlander is clearly still exploring their power, I wouldn't be surprised if they only continue to improve.

Petrus
It wouldn't be as easy as many say it would, but Kun would take it.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by carthage
Kylo Ren can repel lightsabers too, hardly an amazing feat and there is no doubt he was better but I'm laughing at the idea that he's vastly above when Arcann still put him on his ass with TK and Outlander only scored some decisive blows when the ship destabilized Arcann.
I didn't see Kylo Ren repelling Lightsaber strikes of Rey. This leads me to a conclusion: Ren has not mastered this technique. Your point is moot.

Nobody is asserting that Outlander is vastly above Arcann. Nobody is.

Originally posted by carthage
Kun wins
Right.

AncientPower
Kun definitely takes it, as does Revan, Plagueis and Krayt for that matter.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by AncientPower

The_Tempest
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
I didn't see Kylo Ren repelling Lightsaber strikes of Rey. This leads me to a conclusion: Ren has not mastered this technique.

It's in the TFA novel.

Emperordmb
Which is so ****ing stupid tbh

The_Tempest
There's little about TFA that isn't.

Emperordmb
I'm mainly talking about the fact that there's such a vast disparity between the Book and Movie versions in that instance.

The discontinuity of the movies and movie novelizations has never sat well with me.

The_Tempest
The writers almost always have to work off preliminary scripts and rough drafts to satisfy their deadlines.

cs_zoltan
Originally posted by The_Tempest

thumb up

The_Tempest
Welcome back.

cs_zoltan
Thanks smile

Trocity
Originally posted by The_Tempest

The more I watch it, the less I like it.

Sinious
I was gonna watch it today, but then I realized that I've seen the Batman trilogy only once.

Now, it kinda feels funny that I even considered watching TFA.

SunRazer
Originally posted by Nephthys

Valkorion's level of involvement is iffy and while I only skimmed the video, he didn't appear to have any noticeable edge until the ship was fired on, at which point the fight seems pretty circumstantial.

Didn't Arcann drop the Outlander to his knees with TK?

Beniboybling
Originally posted by SunRazer
Didn't Arcann drop the Outlander to his knees with TK? Shhhh

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by AncientPower
laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.