Darth Marr vs. Vodo Siosk Baas

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Round 1: Lightsabers only

Round 2: Force duel

Round 3: All out fight

Duel takes place on Ossus

Jmanghan
Baa--- Mar--....

Hmm...

Deronn_solo
Not much is known about either combatant for me to form a solid opinion.

Nephthys
Marr imo.

SunRazer
Probably a draw, tbh.

Beniboybling
Baas beats him to a pulp.

S_W_LeGenD
Darth Marr

MythLord
Baas.

S_W_LeGenD
Any arguments for Vodo Siosk Baas?

MythLord
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Any arguments for Vodo Siosk Baas?

Being more powerful than Thon, who can overcome a DS nexus, besting Kun in his early training days when he is still regarded as one of the greatest Jedi in the Order, and stalemating/fending off a Sith Kun until he revealed the new modifications to his lightsaber.

All better than Marr, tbh.

BazookaMaster
Vodo achieved something else than having a "cool image" and stomping Lachris who is nobody besides having a fight with Barsenthor lol

Nephthys
Marr takes his mask off and one-shots tbh

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
^rofl.

Anyways, Baas, unless people think Kun is that shitty.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
^rofl.

Anyways, Baas, unless people think Kun is that shitty.
So being regarded as one of the greatest warriors of the Empire and a member of the Dark Council for 40 years straight is shitty resume?

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by MythLord
Being more powerful than Thon, who can overcome a DS nexus,
Great argument.

How is overcoming a DS nexus relevant here?

besting Kun in his early training days when he is still regarded as one of the greatest Jedi in the Order,
So besting (padawan) Exar Kun is now an impressive thing?

and stalemating/fending off a Sith Kun until he revealed the new modifications to his lightsaber.
Right.

Darth Marr's dueling skills and powers are stated to be second to none among the Sith of his time. Hype factor aside, we have his feats and accomplishments to consider. He have history of single-handedly routing entire armies of the Republic in various battles and beat the shit out of other Sith and Knights of Zakuul who attempted to stop him. Few could challenge and overwhelm him in single combat. And those few would humiliate Baas as well.

All better than Marr, tbh.
Nonsense.

DarthAnt66
Being more powerful than Thon
???

MythLord
Great argument.

How is overcoming a DS nexus relevant here?

Because it shows Thon's power, in the fact that he overwhelmed a planet-razing nexus.

So besting (padawan) Exar Kun is now an impressive thing?

When that padawan Exar Kun has been noted as greater than Ulic Qel-Droma, as potentially the best swordsman of the Jedi Order, and has stomped "Jedi Legends" like Sylvar, yes I'd say it's damn impressive.

You also didn't answer how Marr's besting someone who's stalemated prime Exar Kun, who shits on Marr.

Darth Marr's dueling skills and powers are stated to be second to none among the Sith of his time. Hype factor aside, we have his feats and accomplishments to consider. He have history of single-handedly routing entire armies of the Republic in various battles and beat the shit out of other Sith and Knights of Zakuul who attempted to stop him. Few could challenge and overwhelm him in single combat. And those few would humiliate Baas as well.

His dueling skills were second to none at a time where the Empire didn't have anyone of note -- Jadus died and Malgus left.

As for "routing entire armies", that's flowery hype from a subjective source who heard legends of Marr. If you wish to take that seriously, then we might as well say Marr has planetary-level defenses, so Revan can telekinetically manhandle planets. Of course you realize just how ridiculous that is, yes?

Beating around fodder Sith and Zakuul Knights hardly impresses me as much as fending off/stalemating pre-saberstaff Sith!Kun.

And few can overwhelm your standard Jedi Master in combat, lol. And nah, Baas would beat those "few" as well, unless they're Malgus, Arcann, Vitiate or beings of actual note, unlike Marr.

Nonsense.

Great way to describe your entire argument thumb up

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
???

Baas was described as the Mace Windu of his time, i.e. the second most powerful Jedi.

|King Joker|
Good argument, Wollf. Going with Baas. smile

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Shut up. smilesmilesmile

|King Joker|
Make me. smile smile smile smile

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
/me shoves his cock in Joker's mouth

|King Joker|
https://media.giphy.com/media/MngYBAIhEaRO0/giphy.gif

TheMuser
So this is why KMC has a rep of being garbage.....Makes sense.

MythLord
Originally posted by |King Joker|
Good argument, Wollf. Going with Baas. smile

thumb up

DarthAnt66
Baas was described as the Mace Windu of his time, i.e. the second most powerful Jedi.
So... not more powerful than Thon. Gotcha. thumb up

MythLord
Given how the most powerful Jedi of the time, or the Yoda of the time, was Odan Urr... yeah more powerful than Thon.

DarthAnt66
No clue why you think being the main two Jedi of the Order translates into power. erm

I wouldn't say Urr is the most powerful either, so your comparison was shit. thumb up

MythLord
Urr is literally the leader/Grandmaster of the Order. You'd need to be the most powerful(and knowledgable, which usually translates to power) in order to be Grandmaster.

And given how, at the time said statement was made, Yoda and Mace were the two main Jedi because they were the most powerful in the Order, my comparison is completely valid, and I don't really care what you'd say. thumb up

Deronn_solo
Yeah, I think the "Yoda and Mace" of their time thing is more symbolic than anything else.

Satele Shan could be listed as the "Yoda" of her time --- given position as the Grandmaster and importance to the Order as a whole, yet we know HoT > Shan.

MythLord
Like I said above: at the time of the statement, Yoda and Mace were the two big boys because they're superior to any other Jedi of the Order at that time.

And prior to HoT surpassing her, Satele was technically the Yoda of her time.

Deronn_solo
Still doesn't detract from the fact that it could have been a symbolic statement, rather than a power one.

This, quite frankly, doesn't matter. If Satele can still be seen as the Yoda of her time even after being surpassed by the Hero, that means an "accolade" such as the one Urr sports, doesn't, necessarily, have to refer to power.

MythLord
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
Still doesn't detract from the fact that it could have been a symbolic statement, rather than a power one.
This, quite frankly, doesn't matter. If Satele can still be seen as the Yoda of her time even after being surpassed by the Hero, that means an "accolade" such as the one Urr sports, doesn't, necessarily, have to refer to power.

Could have. However, though, the quote following that accolade says this:

So, it's more than likely referring to power, and not just being symbolic.

Deronn_solo
Yes "much", which means it isn't exclusively referring to power. thumb up

MythLord
So most of their respect/status comes from power, which means it's more likely they gained their status through strength in the Force than just to be symbolic. thumb up

Simply shrugging it off as a less likely conclusion based on Satele Shan's admission that HoT her, would be an anecdotal fallacy.

ILS
The only Jedi who had any claim to being possibly the most powerful Jedi at the time was Ulic, due to the fact he was the only one who could hold a candle to Kun, who was far stronger than any of the other Jedi of that time according to a source. Sylvar also suggested Ulic was possibly their strongest member. Obviously Kun is also a candidate there.

Being the Grandmaster/right-hand man of the Order doesn't necessitate superiority over everyone else. HoT > Satele? Anakin by RotS?

MythLord
Like I said, anecdotal fallacies.

And from what I recall, Ulic was called the "greatest" of the Jedi, not neccessarily the most powerful.

And The Jedi Path pretty much confirms to be a Grandmaster, one needs to be the greatest/wisest/most powerful member of the Jedi Order, and with the exception of Qel-Droma, Urr and Baas were the most powerful Jedi within the Order.

Come to think of it... that only strengthens my point, since Baas was doing more than just holding a candle to Exar.

Nephthys
I'd say Nomi > Urr and Thon.

MythLord
When she became the leader of the Jedi Order, yeah I'd actually agree with that.

darthbane77
I'm going with Marr.

cs_zoltan
Jedi are not sith, they don't have to be the most powerful to be in a leader position.

Deronn_solo
Exactly.

Hence, the reason Anakin wasn't on the Jedi High-Council, despite the fact he was more powerful than everyone there sans Yoda. Also, would absolutely clown the likes of Yarael Poof and co. lmao.

MythLord
Again, that's great and all. But you're using one or two isolated incidents in order to completely disregard a quote, which is more-than-likely referring to power given how it says the major reason why Jedi garner their authority is through their strength in the Force.

So, given how it's the exact same quote that says Vodo and Urr are the Yoda and Mace of the time, it's through their power more than anything else.

AncientPower
The quote from Power of the Jedi which Myth refers to, comes right after declaring Odan-Urr and Vodo Siosk-Baas as the Old Republic examples of the most respected Jedi in the Order I.E. the same as what Yoda and Mace Windu were in their time, the only two Senior High Council members. They wouldn't have gone to the trouble of clarifying that, if we aren't taking it seriously.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.