Wonder Woman and Thor better flight speed

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
http://net.archbold.k12.oh.us/ahs/web_class/Fall_09/WonderWoman_Storrer/images/powers4.jpg

Who has it?

Classic (DCnu feats allowed) unamped versions, point A to point B, who's been shown to be best at this?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-agQCAHn5ZrQ/TcakHY81VwI/AAAAAAAABC8/syEKSoP73ak/s1600/Thor-FLYING.jpg

abhilegend
Thor.

ghostman
thor, i not once recall ww traveling interstellar distances like thor has.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/10/109250/2383401-2142346-thormjolnir116_speedwhomthegodswoul.jpg
although iirc odin might have had something to do with the 60 second galaxy feat.

theres him traveling from the earth to the sun in moments

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/10/109250/2276987-1461704-thor_vs_sentry_09_super.jpg

theres thor catching up to ego at ftl speeds

theres his fight with gorr the godbutcher which traverses light years

then theres this of course

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11/111099/2891541-thor_ftl_speed.jpg

also mjolnir outracing surfer.

riv6672
Well, that was easy. thumb up

Pillow Biter
For whatever reason, Wonder Woman has traditionally had space issues.

She's faster than Thor, typically, when planet-side. Though I'm sure that if you dredge Thor continuity for the most insane feats possible, he probably has some crazy travel speed feats on Earth.

riv6672
Space issues. That made me laugh for some ungodly reason.

Rao Kal El
Thor

riv6672
Completely off topic but, you made me think...is Thor spinning Mjolnir like he does to block attacks an example of him having super (hand) speed? In YO?
Having thought of it, i'm not sure...huh

Delta1938
Originally posted by riv6672
Space issues. That made me laugh for some ungodly reason.

I see what you did there. sneer

riv6672
Originally posted by Delta1938
I see what you did there. sneer
shifty

bluewaterrider
The really interesting question would be who has the greater flight speed with and without the hammer, Mjolnir, especially given that we now have Jane Foster as our 2nd or 3rd female Thor (Tarene the Designate was, arguably the 2nd).

Recall now, though, that Diana was the first to be given that honor, though she immediately relinquished the position:

https://lowbrowcomics.files.wordpress.com/2015/12/dcvsmarvel_03_21.jpg

A few thoughts come to mind, presumably Jane-Thor and "unworthy" Odinson are addressing them.

Perhaps even Rogue of the X-Men, because of Avengers Annual #10, and the saga of the celestial Exitar (where Rogue absorbed the power of numerous heroes, including Thor himself, to make herself strong enough to resist a physical force that would LITERALLY have crushed planet Earth) can provide input:

Do the gifts conferred by Mjolnir "stack", replace, or "subtract" to the abilities the bearer already possesses innately?

Do things like mass or size and weight have any effect on traveling speed of a Thor? Would Jane-Thor, for instance, be faster than Thor Odinson because of her lighter weight and lesser air resistance? How about a Wonder Woman judged worthy by Mjolnir?

-----------

Some really interesting tangent questions:

If Thor's speed, going by the model that USED to explain his "flight" back in the day, is in some part determined by how hard and fast he can "throw" Mjolnir, and be "caught" by the strap of the hammer, and thus dragged along by the force of his cast, could Diana following the same model with Mjolnir, go several times faster if she wielded Mjolnir AND wore her rarely used Gauntlet of Atlas, which makes her 10 times stronger than she normally is already?

Is Thor Odinson a faster flyer with or without Mjolnir?
Is Thor Odinson without Mjolnir as fast as Diana without Mjolnir?
Is Thor Odinson without Mjolnir as fast as Diana WITH Mjolnir?

If Rogue were to come across Thor Odinson and Jane-Thor fighting, as when Thor Odinson was trying to get Mjolnir back from Jane-Thor, for instance, and Rogue decided to simply touch and take the power of both of them to end the fight, would she be as strong as both of them combined, or merely AS strong?
What if Rogue herself were first found Worthy by Mjolnir, and transformed into a Thor? If she touched both Thor Odinson and Jane-Thor at that point, would Rogue be 1, 2, or 3 times stronger than either of them?

Sin I AM
Long winded

bluewaterrider
You posted 26 times on Tuesday of this week alone, Sin.

That implies a lot of time spent online.

Take a break. Then you'll be able to read things longer than 2 paragraphs again.

ghostman
Originally posted by bluewaterrider
The really interesting question would be who has the greater flight speed with and without the hammer, Mjolnir, especially given that we now have Jane Foster as our 2nd or 3rd female Thor (Tarene the Designate was, arguably the 2nd).

Recall now, though, that Diana was the first to be given that honor, though she immediately relinquished the position:

https://lowbrowcomics.files.wordpress.com/2015/12/dcvsmarvel_03_21.jpg

A few thoughts come to mind, presumably Jane-Thor and "unworthy" Odinson are addressing them.

Perhaps even Rogue of the X-Men, because of Avengers Annual #10, and the saga of the celestial Exitar (where Rogue absorbed the power of numerous heroes, including Thor himself, to make herself strong enough to resist a physical force that would LITERALLY have crushed planet Earth) can provide input:

Do the gifts conferred by Mjolnir "stack", replace, or "subtract" to the abilities the bearer already possesses innately?

Do things like mass or size and weight have any effect on traveling speed of a Thor? Would Jane-Thor, for instance, be faster than Thor Odinson because of her lighter weight and lesser air resistance? How about a Wonder Woman judged worthy by Mjolnir?

-----------

Some really interesting tangent questions:

If Thor's speed, going by the model that USED to explain his "flight" back in the day, is in some part determined by how hard and fast he can "throw" Mjolnir, and be "caught" by the strap of the hammer, and thus dragged along by the force of his cast, could Diana following the same model with Mjolnir, go several times faster if she wielded Mjolnir AND wore her rarely used Gauntlet of Atlas, which makes her 10 times stronger than she normally is already?

Is Thor Odinson a faster flyer with or without Mjolnir?
Is Thor Odinson without Mjolnir as fast as Diana without Mjolnir?
Is Thor Odinson without Mjolnir as fast as Diana WITH Mjolnir?

If Rogue were to come across Thor Odinson and Jane-Thor fighting, as when Thor Odinson was trying to get Mjolnir back from Jane-Thor, for instance, and Rogue decided to simply touch and take the power of both of them to end the fight, would she be as strong as both of them combined, or merely AS strong?
What if Rogue herself were first found Worthy by Mjolnir, and transformed into a Thor? If she touched both Thor Odinson and Jane-Thor at that point, would Rogue be 1, 2, or 3 times stronger than either of them?

thor wins, why the **** would thor be flying without mjolnir. all that other shit is you just trying to give wonder woman possible wins.

Delta1938
Originally posted by ghostman
thor wins, why the **** would thor be flying without mjolnir. all that other shit is you just trying to give wonder woman possible wins.

You should see him arguing Pre-FLASHPOINT Wonder Woman was stronger than Pre-FLASHPOINT Superman.

ghostman
You should see him arguing Pre-FLASHPOINT Wonder Woman was stronger than Pre-FLASHPOINT Superman.

jesus does thor even have any flying feats without mjolnir?

Delta1938
Originally posted by ghostman
jesus does thor even have any flying feats without mjolnir?

I think I've seen him hover. But that's about it that I'm aware of.

Sin I AM

Take a break. Then you'll be able to read things longer than 2 paragraphs again.

Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa....whoa. ....whoa

Constructive criticism bro...take it down a notch

riv6672
Yeah, no offense but i skipped the text wall once i saw where it was going.

psycho gundam

Take a break. Then you'll be able to read things longer than 2 paragraphs again. Yikes

riv6672
That was a sick burn back on Wizard World in 2001. thumb up

Stoic
Mjolnir is faster than Diana, Diana is faster than Thor.

riv6672
Thats a cute save attempt. eek!

Delta1938
Thats a cute save attempt. eek!

It's true.....but irrelevant to the topic.

riv6672
Well, one wouldnt say, Tony Stark's armor is faster than so and so, but so and so is faster than Tony Stark.

You know what, scratch that. Quite a few people would say some shit like that, here. laughing

Stoic
How is it irrelevant to the topic when it answers the topics question? Diana is faster than Thor in flight when he does not have the hammer, but slower than him when he has it in his possession. Pretty simple stuff right?

DarkSaint85
Mjolnir gives you the power of Thor. Without it, he is not Thor.

Therefore, if the question is asking about Thor...he's going to have it.

Like asking who's faster, Green Lantern or WW. Without his ring, WW is faster.

Stoic
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Mjolnir gives you the power of Thor. Without it, he is not Thor.

Therefore, if the question is asking about Thor...he's going to have it.

Like asking who's faster, Green Lantern or WW. Without his ring, WW is faster.

No. Thor was Thor before Odin ever gave him the hammer. He still controls the weather and lightning without the hammer. he only decided to call himself Odinson because another person adopted the name. If not, then when he lost the hammer to Red Norvel years past other characters wouldn't have continued to call him Thor. Ignoring the mental gymnastics that are about to begin on the topic, two things will remain true. Diana is faster than Thor is if he does not have the hammer, but is slower than he is when he does as far as flight speed is concerned.

riv6672
Ha, DS gets it. laughing

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Stoic
No. Thor was Thor before Odin ever gave him the hammer. He still controls the weather and lightning without the hammer. he only decided to call himself Odinson because another person adopted the name. If not, then when he lost the hammer to Red Norvel years past other characters wouldn't have continued to call him Thor. Ignoring the mental gymnastics that are about to begin on the topic, two things will remain true. Diana is faster than Thor is if he does not have the hammer, but is slower than he is when he does as far as flight speed is concerned.

Whoever holds this hammer, if they be so worthy, shall bear the power.

Of Thor.

So Mjolnir gives you the power of Thor.

But yes, let's ignore the mental gymnastics. Thor is faster than WW.

Delta1938
How is it irrelevant to the topic when it answers the topics question? Diana is faster than Thor in flight when he does not have the hammer, but slower than him when he has it in his possession. Pretty simple stuff right?

Well, I actually figured you were referring to combat speed for Wonder Woman, but still, Riv is looking for flight speed, and if the best Thor can do without Mjolnir is levitate in one place, if he can even do that much(I'm not even positive), then yeah, it's irrelevant as he intended it to be with Mjolnir.

Delta1938
Well, one wouldnt say, Tony Stark's armor is faster than so and so, but so and so is faster than Tony Stark.

You know what, scratch that. Quite a few people would say some shit like that, here. laughing

I WOULD have said this is an inaccurate comparison, but that's when I thought Stoic meant Wonder Woman's combat speed was better. laughing

riv6672
^^^ wink told ya!

StiltmanFTW
Back in the day, Wonder Woman's flight speed sucked without her invisible jet, too shifty

riv6672
http://dogsondrugs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/wonderwoman.png

Whosoever can remember where they parked, if they be worthy, shall possess the fuel bill of Wonder Woman.

Stoic
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Whoever holds this hammer, if they be so worthy, shall bear the power.

Of Thor.

So Mjolnir gives you the power of Thor.

But yes, let's ignore the mental gymnastics. Thor is faster than WW.

Shall bear the power of Thor, but it does not say shall be Thor. Odinson can still control the elements, make lighting strike an opponent, and is still as strong or as durable without the hammer. That's all I was saying. With Mjolnir, Thor can fly faster than Diana. He may even be able to fly faster than the Surfer, and the other Heralds of Galactus.

Well, I actually figured you were referring to combat speed for Wonder Woman, but still, Riv is looking for flight speed, and if the best Thor can do without Mjolnir is levitate in one place, if he can even do that much(I'm not even positive), then yeah, it's irrelevant as he intended it to be with Mjolnir.

Thor can actually fly without the hammer due to being able to control the wind. Kind of like Storm from the X-Men. Diana has proven that she is far faster than the wind. I was just looking at it from two different perspectives, and generally thought that I went above and beyond to answer the topics question.

Delta1938
Thor can actually fly without the hammer due to being able to control the wind. Kind of like Storm from the X-Men. Diana has proven that she is far faster than the wind. I was just looking at it from two different perspectives, and generally thought that I went above and beyond to answer the topics question.

Let's see it.

StiltmanFTW
He has shown it once or twice stick out tongue

But it's nothing like Storm's flight. More like hovering/gliding. A total amateur flyer.

riv6672
Stubborn. I love it. laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.