Outlander vs Kyp Durron

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dark-Kenshin
1. Force
2. Sabers
3. All out

Nephthys
Obviously the Outlander.

darthbane77
Outlander, I might be inclined to say Kyp has a slight advantage in the Force; but if he does then the advantage isn't a very big one.

BazookaMaster
1. Kyp, 10/10.
2. Outlander, 10/10.
3. Outlander, 7-9/10.

Kyp is too powerful, but as combatants they are like totally different.

Ursumeles
Bump
Outlander wins Sabers, Kyp wrecks in force and all-out I would give to Kyp.

darthbane77
Outlander

Deronn_solo
Kyp takes all.

ares834
Outlander may take sabers.

Kyp takes the rest.

The Ellimist
Kyp is too powerful for the Outlander.

RHaggis
Durron

Sinious
Resisting opponents with superior raw power and taking them down in close quarters is what HoT does for living.

Nephthys
thumb up

The Ellimist
Originally posted by Sinious
Resisting opponents with superior raw power and taking them down in close quarters is what HoT does for living.

I dunno, Arcann ragdolled him pretty badly, and Kyp is more powerful than Vader.

Sinious
Exactly, all the feats he had, still got ragdolled by Arcann, and then defeated Arcann.

As you can see, I didn't deny Kyp's superior power.

SunRazer
He didn't defeat Arcann in that fight.

Tondemonai
Kyp
Outlander
Outlander

carthage
Not sure

Outlander doesn't impress me

SunRazer
The Outlander is almost certainly the better swordsman, but I can't imagine them overpowering Kyp in a telekinetic showdown.

The Ellimist
If Kyp actually uses his power effectively I don't see how anyone in TOR below novel Vitiate can beat him.

Ursumeles
Originally posted by The Ellimist
If Kyp actually uses his power effectively I don't see how anyone in TOR below novel Vitiate can beat him.
I have Kyp beating Novitate for a majority, tbh. He could lose some rounds to Revan, tho.

The Ellimist
Originally posted by Ursumeles
I have Kyp beating Novitate for a majority, tbh.

I'm not sure. I would be open to that possibility.

FreshestSlice
Kyp defeating Vitiate in any incarnation after Nathema is pure and unadulterated cancer. That being said, he probably could take the Outlander in Force only.

SunRazer
I don't think it's a question that he'd take the Outlander in Force only if he was written well.

He isn't beating Vitiate, though, indeed.

TheKnight
Didn't Corran deflect Kyp's force blast with a force shield when he was under control by Kun?

The Ellimist
Kyp has the feats (dovin basal manipulation, freighter flinging, etc.) and the accolades (suggested to have more raw power than Luke) to take on novel Vitiate. If his performance in combat matched his raw power, I could buy it.

SunRazer
He still got ragdolled. And again in DNT when the playing ground was more even.

Ursumeles
Originally posted by SunRazer
I don't think it's a question that he'd take the Outlander in Force only if he was written well.

He isn't beating Vitiate, though, indeed.
Novel Vitate didn't impressed me so much, tbh.

Ursumeles
Originally posted by The Ellimist
Kyp has the feats (dovin basal manipulation, freighter flinging, etc.) and the accolades (suggested to have more raw power than Luke) to take on novel Vitiate. If his performance in combat matched his raw power, I could buy it.
That is my reasoning. He also should have a ridiculous growth between JA and FotJ.

SunRazer
Kyp's much less than impressive in a number of appearances as well. erm

The Ellimist
Kyp's much less than impressive in a number of appearances as well. erm

Yeah. He isn't as impressive in combat as his signature feats and hype would predict.

Ursumeles
Novel Vitate isn't either, tho.

SunRazer
More impressive than Kyp is on average in terms of combat showings.

Ursumeles
What do you mean with low-showings, btw? Getting stomped by a slayer?

SunRazer
It's not even a matter of low showings. Kyp just doesn't have any combat showings befitting a character of his potential and hype.

Ursumeles
Yeah, that is his problem. He has nearly none at all.

TheKnight
He still got ragdolled. And again in DNT when the playing ground was more even.

Fair enough then.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.