Darth Maul vs. Revan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

|King Joker|
Lightsabers only. Both in their prime; battle takes place on Lothal.

BazookaMaster
Slim faith in Maul, 6/10

Jmanghan
Maul 7/10

Emperordmb
In a pure duel? I'd side peak Maul.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Emperordmb
In a pure duel? I'd side peak Maul. I'd side TPM Maul, possibly.

Dude was still wicked with a saber back in those days.

DarthAnt66
Revan's vastly superior Force augmentation, battle precognition, and peerless tactics will undermine Maul's greater technical bladework.

Nephthys
Maul gets the upper hand then bungles it/slips on a banana peel 10/10

Jmanghan
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Revan's vastly superior Force augmentation, battle precognition, and peerless tactics will undermine Maul's greater technical bladework. Force Augmentation of any level has never beaten greater technical bladework in another Force User.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Force Augmentation of any level has never beaten greater technical bladework in another Force User.
Uh, Bane and saberstaff Kas'im? erm

Jmanghan
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Uh, Bane and saberstaff Kas'im? erm When is it shown that he's the superior combatant in terms of sabers?

Jmanghan
Also, Valkorion got absolutely destroyed by the HoT in sabers, and the HoT was infinitely inferior at that time.

Beniboybling
When is it shown that he's the superior combatant in terms of sabers? When Bane admits that it's the case?Originally posted by Jmanghan
Also, Valkorion got absolutely destroyed by the HoT in sabers, and the HoT was infinitely inferior at that time. Christ.

DarthAnt66
When is it shown that he's the superior combatant in terms of sabers?
Kas'im was the better duelist, but Bane's was pushing him back thanks to his Force advantage and knowledge on Kas'im attacks (or, in this case, Revan's battle precognotion).

Trocity
Originally posted by Beniboybling
When Bane admits that it's the case?

I think he meant the other way around.

Ant dealt with it.

Nephthys
and the HoT was infinitely inferior at that time.

Nope

When is it shown that he's the superior combatant in terms of sabers?

When Bane was beating him, lol.

DarthAnt66
Also, Valkorion got absolutely destroyed by the HoT in sabers, and the HoT was infinitely inferior at that time.
You mean Vitiate!Surro? The HoT was also probably more powerful in the Force than her, too. erm

Or at least comparable, in which Maul vs Revan in the Force isn't.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Trocity
I think he meant the other way around.Pretty sure he's asking where it is shown Kas'im > Bane as a swordsman, which Bane admits to be the case.

darthbane77
I'm leaning towards Revan, Maul is a better pure duelist but Revan's precog and combat tactics would play a big role. Not to mention what Ant said about augmentation, Revan's is simply much more potent, it would allow him to do everything Maul does (in terms of acrobatics) and his strength and speed would be superior as well. So I'd say Revan, though it's not easy by any means. Maul will put up a good fight.

Ziggystardust
Force Augmentation of any level has never beaten greater technical bladework in another Force User.

There are plenty of cases that might not spelled out on a shining blimp, but are still rather obvious in nature. When it comes to a more refined (usually older) and more experienced duelist, loosing out to their more powerful opponents. I daresay ones ability to use the Force in a duel, is more important than one's knowledge, practice and form. The best examples from the movies alone:

Anakin vs Dooku - Dooku has 80 years of technical refinement on his side, and with the most dueling-centered form, but it's rather obvious that the power advantage decides the fight here.

Anakin vs Cin Drallig - Similar situation. You can perhaps argue that the battle-master spread himself too thin by learning everything, leaving him with a skillset that was broad, but not necessarily deep. Nonetheless, Drallig had more forms and more knowledge up his sleeve than Anakin did.

Nephthys
Some would say Revan vs Malak.

chingchangwalla
Maul yeah

Jmanghan
This is cringy asf.

JKBart
This is cringy asf. these whole forums are cringy
embrace ur pain

|King Joker|
This is cringy asf. why

Beniboybling
Maul goes high and then low.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by |King Joker|
why Not you, hun.

Me, lol.

Azronger
Revan without too much issue

Dark-Kenshin
Don't see any version of Revan having any issue with Kanan or Ezra. Revan without question.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.