Ultra Boy Vs Orion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
http://static1.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_medium/11/115056/2180524-169223_47994_ultra_boy_super.jpg

No prep.
No BFR.
Standard gear.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/33804/1320608-613006_customsig_115814_fs_gif.jpg

Delta1938
Orion. I dunno if I'd say stomps, but pretty decisively. Maybe stomps going by that version.

krisblaze
Ultra boy just makes no sense.

He can somewhat hang with guys around Orion's level, but it just makes no sense to me. When he's throwing punches and activates his super-strength then he shouldn't have any speed and it should be easy as **** for Orion to counter it.

riv6672
Interesting. Hope to get more feedback.

carver9
Orion stomps.

riv6672
Devil's advocate:

Could Orion get through UBs FF (if he chose to use it. Standard gear.)?
UBs been shown to do well against top tiers, regardless.

http://i.imgur.com/G63r00y.jpg

golem370
If you have super strength you shoulld be fast aka Hulk super strong legs should make him since he is only 1000pounds

beatboks
Originally posted by krisblaze
Ultra boy just makes no sense.

He can somewhat hang with guys around Orion's level, but it just makes no sense to me. When he's throwing punches and activates his super-strength then he shouldn't have any speed and it should be easy as **** for Orion to counter it.

This plusbwhy doesnt he break abd arm ofnfist whennhe strikes things with Super strength or speed.

Orion should win convincingly

riv6672
Haha, i love UB threads; they hurt people's heads.

Cogito
Orion, easily.

riv6672
^^^that only applies 1 out of every 100 times its said, and certainly not this time.

Zack M
Orion.

Cogito
Originally posted by riv6672
^^^that only applies 1 out of every 100 times its said, and certainly not this time.

Orion is equal to or better than Ultra Boy in every stat, can use them all at once, is more skilled, and has the Astro Force.

In what possible way could he lose that isn't PIS/CIS?

riv6672
In what possible way can he win "easily"? Its a stupid thing to say, as it's hardly ever true.

Surtur
Haha, i love UB threads; they hurt people's heads.

You should see the Karate Kid threads.

Delta1938
Devil's advocate:

Could Orion get through UBs FF (if he chose to use it. Standard gear.)?
UBs been shown to do well against top tiers, regardless.

http://i.imgur.com/G63r00y.jpg

Huh? I don't recall Ultra Boy having it standard, and I'm not sure I'd say that's him having a force field.

riv6672
Thats NOT him having a FF, that point had nothing to do with the scan, sorry for any confusion.
abhi and i went at this, and apparently Legion flight rings incorporate B5 FF tech, one of the best FFs in comics.
The scan was about him doing well against a top tier.

Delta1938
Thats NOT him having a FF, that point had nothing to do with the scan, sorry for any confusion.

OHHHHHH!! OK.

abhi and i went at this, and apparently Legion flight rings incorporate B5 FF tech, one of the best FFs in comics.
The scan was about him doing well against a top tier.

I know what you're talking about. Not the same LofSH as the one in either the Ultra Boy pic or the fight with the Wonder Woman construct.

But if we were to go with that, Orion would have to use Mother Box to get around it, I'd think.

riv6672
^^^Agree. thumb up

One drawback about using LoSH characters (and scans) are the reboots.
Still, like someone posted, rule of thumb is they dont lose/gain anything version to version unless specifically shown to (like White to Black Witch definitely gained).

Pillow Biter
In theory, Ultra Boy could win using speed. He's faster than Orion.

In practice, he loses consistently.

celeyhyga17
O'Ryan

riv6672
Originally posted by Pillow Biter

Agreed, both are used on the site, depending which gives the advantage to the character you want.

Stoic
Orion would take his licks right up until he realized that UB was shifting his powers, and then he'd begin pushing him back. UB could wiin though, so this isn't going to be a stomp. I'd give Orion 7/10 for the win, but he's going to work for it.

Delta1938
^^^Agree. thumb up

One drawback about using LoSH characters (and scans) are the reboots.
Still, like someone posted, rule of thumb is they dont lose/gain anything version to version unless specifically shown to (like White to Black Witch definitely gained).

That would be like using Pre-FLASHPOINT and Post-FLASHPOINT Superman interchangeably.

Originally posted by Pillow Biter

What're that Ultra Boy's speed feats? Although Orion hardly uses his speed, him and Darkseid were fighting at super speed in Orion's series, and Darkseid had moved too fast for Byrne-era Superman to see.

Stoic
Orion has UB's ticket when it comes to straight battle which is why he'd win, but KK did train him. IMHO, anyone that thinks Orion would come out without taking some sort of heavy damage aren't taking that into consideration.

Delta1938
Originally posted by Stoic
Orion has UB's ticket when it comes to straight battle which is why he'd win, but KK did train him. IMHO, anyone that thinks Orion would come out without taking some sort of heavy damage aren't taking that into consideration.

Where'd that happen? Only thing I've seen for any Ultra Boy training was Pre-CRISIS using pressure points and TIMBER WOLF citing he taught him them.

riv6672
If you say so.
I didnt make up what i told you, i'm just going by precedent here.

Orion would take his licks right up until he realized that UB was shifting his powers, and then he'd begin pushing him back. UB could wiin though, so this isn't going to be a stomp. I'd give Orion 7/10 for the win, but he's going to work for it.
The power switch argument is never really an issue. I refer you to the scan i posted. WW is superior to Orion, and he took two shots from her, caught a third, and gave her one in return, with no switch problems.

Stoic
KK was showing him how to fine tune his powers. He showed him an example of how to apply pressure by simply smacking the base of a mountain which caused an avalanche. I think that it was a couple of months back that me and Zack had a chat about the feat, which included UB undergoing training from KK. Like I said, he'd still lose, but Orion would take quite a bi of heat before putting him down. UB's super speed rivals Superman, as does his strength, and durability not to mention his Legion ring would allow him to last for a while. What I'm saying is that at optimal condition UB isn't exactly a weakling, not top tier, but pretty darn close. DC IMO failed at fleshing out UB, because he's a pretty decent character.

riv6672
Yeah, i like him too. thumb up

Stoic
If you say so.

The power switch argument is never really an issue. I refer you to the scan i posted. WW is superior to Orion, and he took two shots from her, caught a third, and gave her one in return, with no switch problems.

Yeah which was due to KK training him to use his power's without thinking but going with the flow. My thoughts on it, or how I took it, was that KK thought that UB would be much better at using his powers if he simply thought of combat as going with the flow. Sounds simplistic I know, but that was his main problem in combat, he took too long to switch the tools that he had on hand, which resulted in placing him in danger when things became extreme. I don't think Wonder Woman would take Orion for a majority though. Not when we take all of their abilities into consideration. Diana isn't a poor distance fighter, but even with her equipment she isn't as effective as Orion. At least on paper.

riv6672
Oh, i'm not touching the WW/Orion thing...
-looks around-
...the walls have ears.

confused

Zack M
3Boot Ultra Boy is weak.

riv6672
-gasp-

Delta1938
If you say so.

Well, that doesn't make it correct.

No, Orion is superior to Wonder Woman.

KK was showing him how to fine tune his powers. He showed him an example of how to apply pressure by simply smacking the base of a mountain which caused an avalanche. I think that it was a couple of months back that me and Zack had a chat about the feat, which included UB undergoing training from KK. Like I said, he'd still lose, but Orion would take quite a bi of heat before putting him down. UB's super speed rivals Superman, as does his strength, and durability not to mention his Legion ring would allow him to last for a while. What I'm saying is that at optimal condition UB isn't exactly a weakling, not top tier, but pretty darn close. DC IMO failed at fleshing out UB, because he's a pretty decent character.

Are you talking about Threeboot Ultra Boy and Karate Kid? That wouldn't apply to Post-ZERO HOUR Ultra Boy(or Pre-CRISIS/Post-IC).

Originally posted by Zack M
3Boot Ultra Boy is weak.

-gasp-

Compared to the other two, I'd have to agree. What I've read, I felt the Threeboot LofSH was the weakest incarnation overall.

riv6672
Yeah, that applies to a lot on comics sites. I used to beat my head against walls 10-15 years ago about some things.

Not disagreeing, just couldnt find a good Captain Obvious pic, so i gasped, instead.

carver9
Orion isn't superior to Wonder Woman but he does win this. Orion only battle that put him anywhere near or above WW is his fight against Darkseid, everything else, WW has him beat. Durability, strength, speed, everything.

Delta1938
Originally posted by carver9
Orion isn't superior to Wonder Woman but he does win this. Orion only battle that put him anywhere near or above WW is his fight against Darkseid, everything else, WW has him beat. Durability, strength, speed, everything.

Stop making retarded claims.

Stoic
@Delta, yeah that was the UB that I was talking about, and whoops, I didn't realize that this wasn't the same version. Either way, I've always been an UB fan, but never really thought that he was in the top dog league. Close but not top dog.

riv6672
Originally posted by Delta1938
Stop making retarded claims.
You first.

Delta1938
You first.

laughing Yes, from someone who has no time to debate, but has time to keep saying he won't debate.

riv6672
WW being superior to Orion isnt really a debate, its a fact.

Nice to see how well you remember all my posts, though. Its flattering to be followed like that.

Delta1938

Nice to see how well you remember all my posts, though. Its flattering to be followed like that.

To the ignorant it's a fact.

It's quite easy to remember you doing that when it's just about all you do.

Zack M

How is that a fact?

abhilegend
Originally posted by carver9
laughing out loud

That's why in KOTW, JLA specifically asked for Orion to fight Superman when entire JLA couldn't.

Delta1938
Originally posted by abhilegend
laughing out loud

That's why in KOTW, JLA specifically asked for Orion to fight Superman when entire JLA couldn't.

And prior to that, Superman was ragdolling Wonder Woman, but Orion went toe-to-toe with Superman. And then after the Orion fight, Wonder Woman, Narda, Supergirl(Earth-Angel), J'onn and more were barely able to restrain Superman.

riv6672
To the ignorant it's a fact.

It's quite easy to remember you doing that when it's just about all you do.
Like i said, flattering.
I couldnt recall any particular thing you've said from thread to thread. At most, i can say you are very unmoving in your opinions, and incredibly defensive when those opinions are challenged.

You should start an Orion/WW thread, see what the board consensus is on your opinion.

Delta1938
Like i said, flattering.
I couldnt recall any particular thing you've said from thread to thread. At most, i can say you are very unmoving in your opinions, and incredibly defensive when those opinions are challenged.

You should start an Orion/WW thread, see what the board consensus is on your opinion.

Whatever helps you sleep at night. thumb up

I just might. Will be amusing to see the arguments made.

riv6672
Yes, i can always count on you for a laugh.

Zack M
Whatever helps you sleep at night. thumb up

I just might. Will be amusing to see the arguments made.

He won't debate.

Delta1938
Yes, i can always count on you for a laugh.

Due to you having the Dunning-Kruger Effect.

riv6672
...you are very unmoving in your opinions, and incredibly defensive when those opinions are challenged.
...i can always count on you for a laugh.

Zack M
Due to you having the Dunning-Kruger Effect.

stick out tongue

riv6672
For an attention whore like me, you two are cash customers who just like to cuddle.

Delta1938
For an attention whore like me, you two are cash customers who just like to cuddle.

So you're a woman, is what you're saying. This explains so much.

Zack M
rolling on floor laughing

riv6672
Glad your mom explained it to you.

riv6672
I like how you two are stroking each other in the Orion/WW thread i told you to make. Riv all over your faces is a good look on you guys.

Zack M
What did you explain to your mother? laughing out loud

riv6672
Haha, a question!

Zack M
Amazing!

riv6672
thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.