Death Sentry vs Dr Strange & Flash

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
Dr Strange & Flash are KMC wildcard character if they were prepare for a fight, who would win? No prep just ready to battle.

RealityWarper
Sentry curbstomps. It's a complete mismatch.

golem370
I think it be closer then that.

riv6672
^^^I think so too.

tkitna
Flash wont offer much in this battle, but Strange might be able to pull something off. Who knows though, Strange has failed in the past against a weaker version of the Sentry.

Going with Bob for the majority.

riv6672
Flash offers speed steal/blitz and Strange offers BFR.

Without the usual stips, Sentry's not winning.

tkitna
Tell me exactly what the Flash is going to accomplish by stealing DSentry's speed? He has no way of putting him down. Flash's best bet is to use his speed and run away. He is basically meaningless in this battle. A BFR from Strange is their only hope.

Also, what are these usual stips you speak of?

Cogito
Originally posted by tkitna
Tell me exactly what the Flash is going to accomplish by stealing DSentry's speed?

Literally turning him into a permanent statue no expression

For example

He has no way of putting him down. Flash's best bet is to use his speed and run away. A BFR from Strange is their only hope. Flash is also capable of BFR'ing him into the Speed Force erm

krisblaze
Sentry has telekinesis.

He doesn't need kinetic energy to move or attack.

I think the amalgam wins, but not because of speed steal.

hutchy1345
Originally posted by krisblaze
Sentry has telekinesis.

He doesn't need kinetic energy to move or attack.

I think the amalgam wins, but not because of speed steal.

He needs it to think?

krisblaze
Originally posted by hutchy1345
He needs it to think?

How do you figure?

His consciousness exists irregardless of his physical state.

Flash couldn't absorb all the stuff that's keeping the Sentry fuelled anyways.

tkitna
Originally posted by Cogito
Literally turning him into a permanent statue no expression

For example

And while he's standing there like a statue, he matter manipulates Flash into sand, salt, rock, or just destroys him at the molecular level with a thought. Maybe he would just lift him in the air and batter him into the ground with TK. DSentry hasent shown to have telepathic powers in his limited appearances as normal Sentry does, but I would bet thats another option. How about emitting enough energy to destroy the surrounding battle area? Yeah, the statue thing isnt working here.

I would like to say though that the scan you showed was pretty grizzly. When did the Flash become a torturous murderer? How long before Inertia died without having water? 3 maybe 4 days? Nice DC.

Not sure how the whole speed force thing works but i've never seen Sentry not being able to reappear from somewhere including death itself. That being said, like with Strange, a BFR is probably the only option they have.

Cogito
Sentry has telekinesis.

He doesn't need kinetic energy to move or attack. Perhaps he could still manage to struggle some, but he's handicapped at that point to where he would be totally incapable of competing.

He needs it to think?

"I immobilized him. Permanently. He's still conscious. He still hears and thinks in real time. But he's trapped for eternity in a frozen body."

krisblaze
Perhaps he could still manage to struggle some, but he's handicapped at that point to where he would be totally incapable of competing.

What do you mean?

Sentry is fueled by his own internal power source and the death seed.

Absorbing kinetic energy isn't going to do anything to him. He doesn't need motion to do anything.

Not that the Flash would have any shot at overriding Sentry's TK/Energy manipulation.

tkitna
Perhaps he could still manage to struggle some, but he's handicapped at that point to where he would be totally incapable of competing.

He doesnt need movement to compete. Its going to be hard finding some exotic way for the Flash to win here. Its a bad matchup for him.

tkitna
What do you mean?

Sentry is fueled by his own internal power source and the death seed.

Absorbing kinetic energy isn't going to do anything to him. He doesn't need motion to do anything.

Not that the Flash would have any shot at overriding Sentry's TK/Energy manipulation.

thumb up

One_Angry_Scot
BFR is there only chance. But they'll only manage that if Sentry just puts himself into a comatose state. Sentry has KO'd Strange once with a single punch and Strange has said Sentry is too powerful for this type of magic.

If we're going with Forum Flash then he kills everyone on both sides and then decides to solo the Living Tribunal and The Presence + Michael and Lucifer.

But in a proper battle the duo won't have much of a chance of winning.

Cogito
If you guys don't think that the total inability to move isn't a detriment, then I've got nothing erm

FFS, Sentry might as well be omniversal.

krisblaze
If you guys don't think that the total inability to move isn't a detriment, then I've got nothing erm

Why do you think kinetic energy absorption would be enough to defeat someone like Death Sentry?

Absorbing kinetic energy wouldn't make him stand still, because

a) He can still move himself using TK

b) He is fueled by a celestial power-source

c) There is no reason to assume that one energy manipulator instantly wins over another.

I actually think the amalgam wins, I just think your assertion is a bit ridiculous.

krisblaze
Not ridiculous, that was rude.

I just disagree with the idea that we can instantly assume that one energy manipulator can trump another.

Cogito
Why do you think kinetic energy absorption would be enough to defeat someone like Death Sentry?
I don't think it's enough to win on its own. I do think it's a huge weapon in his arsenal that, combined with others, is definitely enough.

a) He can still move himself using TK Yeah, there's no reason to think he can do that and fight at the same level he could without being immobilized.

b) He is fueled by a celestial power-source So is Flash

c) There is no reason to assume that one energy manipulator instantly wins over another. There's no reason to assume that it wouldn't work. The default assumption here is that since Flash has done it many times before, to a variety of people and objects, and since Sentry has never resisted such a thing before, we must assume it would work.

krisblaze
Yeah, there's no reason to think he can do that and fight at the same level he could without being immobilized.

Why? Mobility isn't a big part of his fighting strategy. He doesn't need to be mobile to use psionics or energy manipulation.

So is Flash.
That's great. I wasn't making a case for Sentry absorbing the Flash's energies though.

There's no reason to assume that it wouldn't work. The default assumption here is that since Flash has done it many times before, to a variety of people and objects, and since Sentry has never resisted such a thing before, we must assume it would work.

There is reason to assume that. The Sentry could resist Molecule Man's manipulation in Dark Avengers.

abhilegend
He didn't resist the manipulation. Owen exploded him three times and he reformed.

RealityWarper

"I immobilized him. Permanently. He's still conscious. He still hears and thinks in real time. But he's trapped for eternity in a frozen body."

Sentry has limitless speed which let 0% of chance for him to be immobilized.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/10/101942/3189317-5.jpg

Flash can only speed steal the things linked to the Speed Force and Sentry isn't so that let to Flash again 0 % of chance speed stealing him.

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2016/32/1471021510-nospeedforcenospeedsteal.jpg

Sentry butchers Strange and Flash so bad that's not even funny.

RealityWarper

There is reason to assume that. The Sentry could resist Molecule Man's manipulation in Dark Avengers.

True.

Owen couldn't affect him after his third resurrection because Sentry understood that he can manipulate the reality like Owen.

Sentry is in a totally different tier than Owen and that's why Owen wasn't capable to affect him anymore.

Sentry was just stopping Owen cold to use his powers on him.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/8/83882/2214302-1071548_1066614_darkavengers12016_super_super.jpg

"How are you doing this to me ! I control the molecules ! I do !"

Sentry is so powerful that Owen can't do anything to him anymore.

Like that:

http://static1.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11129/111292726/5320703-sentrymorepowerfulthanmoleculemanandbeyonder.jpg

And that:

http://static8.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11129/111292726/5351092-sentryisgodcanbeateveryone%2B.jpg

Cogito
Once again, what could have been a rational Sentry thread begins to go full retard.

I know where this ends. I'm out.

krisblaze
Once again, what could have been a rational Sentry thread begins to go full retard.

I'd still like to know how Flash would put down the Sentry.

Mobility isn't something the Sentry relies on to fight. Aside from bullrushing WWH and Thor most of his prominent fights have been carried out from a stationary position.

He can use his powers more or less regardless of his physical state, and we know that he can reform at the very least 3-4 times without suffering any kind of detrimental effect.

Cogito
The only way would be BFR. Speed steal isn't necessary, but may help the BFR process.

RealityWarper

There is nothing reasonable in putting Sentry against characters that he would squish like ants and complaining just after.

krisblaze
The only way would be BFR. Speed steal isn't necessary, but may help the BFR process.

I actually think they could harm his mind enough through the use of spells.

Maybe separate the death seed from him?

I just don't put much faith in speedforce dump or speed steal.

hutchy1345
Speed force dumping is the ultimate insta win, can sentry recover?

DarkSaint85
Tell me exactly what the Flash is going to accomplish by stealing DSentry's speed? He has no way of putting him down. Flash's best bet is to use his speed and run away. He is basically meaningless in this battle. A BFR from Strange is their only hope.

Also, what are these usual stips you speak of?

Meaningless?

He lends speed to Strange. Magic spells at the speed of light, stacking on top of each other.

tkitna
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Meaningless?

He lends speed to Strange. Magic spells at the speed of light, stacking on top of each other.

So Strange is going to be able to think faster due to the Flash? This is the same argument we just had. Stealing Sentrys mobility means nothing. He doesnt need to move to win this fight, thus leaving Flash virtually useless here. I've always said that it would take somebody like Strange or somebody mystical to MAYBE take out the Sentry at this point, but they better make it a good one. A single gesture or thought more than likely takes out both of them to be honest.

Sin I AM
Someone said bfr. Hasnt sentry countered bfr before?

ShadowFyre
Flash and Syrange with Prep could beat a lot of people. This isnt that big of a deal compared to stuff Strange has akready done.

DarkSaint85
So Strange is going to be able to think faster due to the Flash? This is the same argument we just had. Stealing Sentrys mobility means nothing. He doesnt need to move to win this fight, thus leaving Flash virtually useless here. I've always said that it would take somebody like Strange or somebody mystical to MAYBE take out the Sentry at this point, but they better make it a good one. A single gesture or thought more than likely takes out both of them to be honest.

Pretty much.

Flash has lent speed to the JLA before. Take Strange's reaction feats...and now imagine he has been sped up. Within a nanosecond (or whatever), he could run through every single spell he knows of, and repeat them over and over. Spells, hand gestures, thoughts...at the speed of a Flash.

Essentially, Strange now has prep. And a LOT of it.

krisblaze
Strange's spells rely on external forces.

He's not firing off a million spells a second when they require him to channel energy from the outside.

Although I do believe that the reaction time boost is the key to success here.

DarkSaint85
Strange's spells rely on external forces.

He's not firing off a million spells a second when they require him to channel energy from the outside.

Although I do believe that the reaction time boost is the key to success here.

Channeling....from sources where the laws of physics don't apply. By that I mean, a second or minute of our time doesn't equal a second or minute to the Vishanti, for example.

krisblaze
Channeling....from sources where the laws of physics don't apply. By that I mean, a second or minute of our time doesn't equal a second or minute to the Vishanti, for example.

Fair enough. I suppose you could argue that channeling is because of Strange and not the external forces.

DarkSaint85
Yeah. Just spit balling, to be honest.

DarkSaint85
Flash, lending speed, makes Hippolyta faster than thought. Also enables her to strategise and come up with a plan etc:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11115/111153050/3873828-2364346130-26344.png

Imagine if that was Strange. And he and Flash were now moving faster than thought, coming up with a plan, and Strange could do whatever the hell he wanted....

riv6672

I forgot about this thread, then noticed and wondered how it had gotten to 3 pages.

People are being unrealistic about being unrealistic.
If, like Cogito said, you guys dismiss what the team can do out of hand, there's not much point to this. Or you. laughing out loud

tkitna
Pretty much.

Flash has lent speed to the JLA before. Take Strange's reaction feats...and now imagine he has been sped up. Within a nanosecond (or whatever), he could run through every single spell he knows of, and repeat them over and over. Spells, hand gestures, thoughts...at the speed of a Flash.

Essentially, Strange now has prep. And a LOT of it.

You have a good argument here. Still wondering what would happen if Sentry would take them apart at the molecular level? Would the dispersion take awhile or would it be instant? Dont know.

http://static7.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/4/47437/1071548-1066614_darkavengers12016_super.jpg

Also, Strange would need to attack the Sentry's soul as we know his physical body isnt a factor or needed at this point.

My only other thought is can Strange really do anything to the Sentry? Conventional wisdom would say of course because of some of his crazy, uber feats he's had before, but the Sentry isnt a conventional character.

Here is their first encounter, but admittingly Strange was using specific black magic here and he has other options.

http://static2.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/10/101942/3204827-1.jpg
http://static4.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/10/101942/3204829-3.jpg
http://static5.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/10/101942/3204830-4.jpg

And then there was the instance where the Void was pissed and was walking through Stranges spells along with other groups of heros like they were nothing. Same powerset.

http://static9.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/10/102593/3232252-4+%281%29.jpg
http://static5.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/10/102593/3232253-4+%282%29.jpg
http://static4.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/10/102593/3232249-3.jpg

As said before, I think their only chance is to dump or BFR him somewhere. Eventually its going to turn bad for them.

riv6672
^^^thats all well and good if Sentry had the chance to do so.
Like DS pointed out, Flash and Strange are going to get the first hit in, though, and (relatively speaking) they have the time they need ti make that hit count.
The stips here dont favor anyone, really.

tkitna
What is the first hit going to be though? Any type of physical assault will be worthless. Strange would have to attack the soul or at the type of level.

hutchy1345
Strange can attack the soul though I'm sure there are numerous powerful spells for the attack necessary

krisblaze
Strange can attack the soul though I'm sure there are numerous powerful spells for the attack necessary

I believe this is the best way.

Attacking the soul/mind/spirit/whatever.

carver9
Isn't Sentry FTL? If Flash is doing spells within nano seconds, wouldn't Sentry be reacting and attacking within those seconds as well?

golem370
I made the stip for the team to be prepare for battle like the thread I made Magneto vs Superman I gave Mags his shield already up so he didn't get blitzed of the bat.

carver9
Originally posted by golem370
I made the stip for the team to be prepare for battle like the thread I made Magneto vs Superman I gave Mags his shield already up so he didn't get blitzed of the bat.

Well, that isn't fair. You amped Strange and then gave the most powerful sorcerer prep...wtf.

golem370
I didn't amp anything I saying they are going ready for the fight no real time prep.

carver9
I didn't amp anything I saying they are going ready for the fight no real time prep.

You don't consider Doctor Strange with access to the speed force and having the greatest speed showings in any comic an amp? Maybe our definition of amp is different than what I thought it would be.

You said Strange/Flash is "PREPARED" which means prep imo. Giving them a second of prep makes this a stomp.

golem370
I made the thread but not the way they are going to fight it, I am not banning it so if it a possible scenario then fine.

carver9
I made the thread but not the way they are going to fight it, I am not banning it so if it a possible scenario then fine.

Strange/Flash stomps with ease. Much more interesting when prep wasn't involved.

RealityWarper
Originally posted by carver9
Strange/Flash stomps with ease. Much more interesting when prep wasn't involved.

I am laughing inside.

During Siege the whole rosters of the Avengers and countless heroes were incapable to stop the Sentry without his consent and those two could do better against Bob whose weakenesses have been removed ???

Sentry murders them without trying.

DarkSaint85
What is the first hit going to be though? Any type of physical assault will be worthless. Strange would have to attack the soul or at the type of level.

Agreed.

Strange has fought Sentry before, luckily, so he'll know not to pull his punches. As you've shown, he's tried the usual Strange MO, so one would have to assume extreme stupidity on his part to imagine he'd do the exact same methodology this time round.

Especially when he can actually sit down and strategies at Flash speeds, if needed, faster than thought.

iceman24567
The team could at least split 50/50 here

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.