Darth Vader vs Yoda: Is he a good fight for him?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Seriously, if anyone here actually thinks Vader is a good fight for Yoda, I'll leave KMC TONIGHT, I promise.

Well there you have it KMC, with the stakes set so high, is Vader a good fight for Yoda?

Jmanghan
xD

Jmanghan
I mean, Vader was killed by Palpatine in seconds, I don't think it would have made a difference if he had a saber in his hand or not.

Deronn_solo
Yeah, a peak Vader would lose for sure, but I don't think it'll be a stomp - not with the power and abilities Yoda brings to the table.

Overall, it'll be a decent bout - if not a good one - depending on how Yoda actually goes about handling Darth.

darthbane77
No. Yoda outstrips Vader in the Force considerably and is both an all around better duelist and is much faster than Vader. Vader could put up a fight for a short time, but eventually Yoda's speed will overwhelm him.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
Yeah, a peak Vader would lose for sure, but I don't think it'll be a stomp - not with the power and abilities Yoda brings to the table.

Overall, it'll be a decent bout - if not a good one - depending on how Yoda actually goes about handling Darth. Couldn't he just ragdoll him? :/

Why would Yoda have any trouble doing that?

Deronn_solo
Nah, Yoda isn't capable of ragdolling Vader, kek.

quanchi112
Yoda wins.

ares834
Couldn't he just ragdoll him? :/

Why would Yoda have any trouble doing that?

Probably because Vader is also a titanicly powerful telekinetic.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Yep, Vader would hold up admirably against Yoda.

chingchangwalla
Vader takes sabers tbh. As Anakin he would know how Yoda fights and since Vader changed his style so much post suit, Yoda would come into the fight not knowing how the Sith Lord will attack. Vader gets the physical edge and Yoda takes force but not by as much as one thinks.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by ares834
Probably because Vader is also a titanicly powerful telekinetic. Titanically*

He's not even on Yoda's level, not even in his tier.

Based on... y'know, feats, and accolades.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by chingchangwalla
Vader takes sabers tbh. As Anakin he would know how Yoda fights and since Vader changed his style so much post suit, Yoda would come into the fight not knowing how the Sith Lord will attack. Vader gets the physical edge and Yoda takes force but not by as much as one thinks. Anakin knew how Kenobi fought but still got his ass beat.

quanchi112
Probably because Vader is also a titanicly powerful telekinetic. Vader is overrated.

Jmanghan
Nah, Yoda isn't capable of ragdolling Vader, kek. Why isn't he?...

What has Vader done to suggest he could resist Yoda's TK?

ares834
Titanically*

He's not even on Yoda's level, not even in his tier.

Based on... y'know, feats, and accolades.

You don't have to be even with someone to avoid being ragdolled...

And yes, based on feats and accolades Vader can certainly resist being ragdolled.

chingchangwalla
Just because Yoda 'stalemated' Paplatine and Palpatine > Vader doesn't mean he'll just win. Don't forget Dooku and Mace have contended and beaten Yoda in sparring sessions before, all of whom are in the same league as Vader.

ares834
Anyway Jmang time to hold up to your promise.

wavey

Deronn_solo
Why isn't he?...

What has Vader done to suggest he could resist Yoda's TK?

Vader's own telekinetic showings? Honestly, if we want to get technical - Vader actually sports better TK feats than Yoda does. Collapsing a cathedral while actively keeping himself alive via pure willpower, is comparable to anything Yoda has done.

Jmanghan
Just because Yoda 'stalemated' Paplatine and Palpatine > Vader doesn't mean he'll just win. Don't forget Dooku and Mace have contended and beaten Yoda in sparring sessions before, all of whom are in the same league as Vader. ...Saesee Tiin was fighting on par with Mace in a sparring session as well.

The Hero of Umbara beat Yoda in a sparring session too, whats your point?

I like how you used quotes there, but fr, Yoda did stalemate him, and even overpowered him a few times.

Jmanghan

wavey I had my fingers crossed.

...*****.

Jmanghan
Vader's own telekinetic showings? Honestly, if we want to get technical - Vader actually sports better TK feats than Yoda does. Collapsing a cathedral while actively keeping himself alive via pure willpower, is comparable to anything Yoda has done. Are you talking about that time he saw Padme's ghost and wanted to commit suicide?

quanchi112

wavey We both knew he wouldn't do so.

chingchangwalla
Yoda ultimately got defeated mate. I'm not trying to argue Vader > Yoda by any means but he is getting really low balled here.

Jmanghan
Yoda ultimately got defeated mate. I'm not trying to argue Vader > Yoda by any means but he is getting really low balled here. He fell down, thats what happened.

Novels and books state otherwise, but they can't... Because we see what happens.

If anything, Gravity beat Yoda, not Sidious.

FreshestSlice
Literal cancer. "My opinion is what really happened."

Jmanghan
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Literal cancer. "My opinion is what really happened." Mate, he falls.

Everyone can ****ing see it.

He falls down, and then leaves, and says that he "lost".

Wtf.

ares834
Yes, he falls. Because he is forced off the platform by Palpatine's powers. no expression

chingchangwalla
Yes, he falls. Because he is forced off the platform by Palpatine powers. no expression
Don't bother, nothing gets through his head...

FreshestSlice
Duh.

quanchi112
Sidious beat Yoda. Yoda is a failure. Loneliness and despair were too good for him.

chingchangwalla
Yeah for all his 'knowledge' and 'wisdom' Yoda's a real ignorant dumbass.

quanchi112
Yeah for all his 'knowledge' and 'wisdom' Yoda's a real ignorant dumbass. thumb up

The weak Jedi order deserved to fall.

Jmanghan
Yes, he falls. Because he is forced off the platform by Palpatine's powers. no expression

They both got pushed back.

You could even argue that Yoda won the clash, because he was the one to push back.

Deronn_solo
I like how you called us all "scum", but you can't be a man of your own word.

laughing out loud

NewGuy01
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Well there you have it KMC, with the stakes set so high, is Vader a good fight for Yoda?

Sure is.

I mean, Vader was killed by Palpatine in seconds, I don't think it would have made a difference if he had a saber in his hand or not.

You do remember how Palpatine died in that scene, right?

MythLord
I think Vader wouldn't get insta-stomped by Yoda, but beings of Yoda's class or higher are outside Darth's paygrade.

carthage
He's got greater force feats than Canon Yoda, but as a swordsmen Yoda is greater and would beat him. In theory, it should be a solid fight but Yoda even in Canon fought a more skilled Sith i,e ROTS Sidious

MythLord
Even in-canon, Yoda's essentially suppose to be a close contender with Sidious, who's considerably more powerful than Vader.

FreshestSlice
Never said in Canon once. Like ever.

AncientPower
thumb up

cs_zoltan
So when are you leaving Jmanghan?

chingchangwalla
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
So when are you leaving Jmanghan?

Yes. Leave.

MythLord
Honestly, upon rethinking my opinion, maybe Yoda even loses the fight.

leave jmangman

quanchi112
They both got pushed back.

You could even argue that Yoda won the clash, because he was the one to push back. Yoda was disarmed and then fell back because the resulting impact of the force knocked him off the pod. Yoda fell down. He didn't want to. He lost. Period. Yoda even admitted his failure in the film. He's pathetic.

TheMuser
Yoda takes Vader convincingly and rather quickly.........The Vader hype is so real here today......

Deronn_solo
Like he did to Dooku, a significantly less powerful, and somewhat less skilled duelist?

TheMuser
Anakin>Dooku=Yoda=sidious right? Also Anakin is the most powerful jedi ever, so yeah, it all comes back around.

Deronn_solo
What exactly is the above brand of cancer supposed to prove?

TheMuser
Eh, more or less me having to many other debates going on for me to bother posting anything in depth, proof of concept lets call it.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by TheMuser
Anakin>Dooku=Yoda=sidious right? Also Anakin is the most powerful jedi ever, so yeah, it all comes back around.

Finally someone gets it. yes

Beniboybling
Originally posted by TheMuser
Anakin>Dooku=Yoda=sidious right? Also Anakin is the most powerful jedi ever, so yeah, it all comes back around. No. uhuh

TheMuser
For all of those people who see my above posts, note, I am trolling.....This in no way reflects my actually opinions as such.

NewGuy01
reported for trolling

Darth Thor
Vader's TK is probably on par with Yoda's tbh. So Yoda isn't ragdolling.

That said, in a Saber fight, I can honestly see Yoda being Vader's worst nightmare.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Vader's TK is probably on par with Yoda's tbh. So Yoda isn't ragdolling.

That said, in a Saber fight, I can honestly see Yoda being Vader's worst nightmare. You betrayed Vader. I knew your Vader love wouldn't last.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Like he did to Dooku, a significantly less powerful, and somewhat less skilled duelist?

MEGA RAYQUAZA.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.