Why did we stop inventing gods?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Greatest I am

Mindship
People decided they'd rather be like gods.

Greatest I am
Originally posted by Mindship
People decided they'd rather be like gods.

Indeed.

If A & E could and we see them as our archetypal parents, we should want to emulate them.

That may be wht the Jews see Eden as our place of elevation and not of our fall the way Christians do and did when they reversed the moral of that story and killed the wisdom of it.

Regards
DL

Shakyamunison
We didn't. This is just a pause. Gods are being invented every day.

Surtur
People didn't stop. It's just that a religion that specifically says there is only one God and don't you f*cking dare even think otherwise..became the most dominant religion in the world.

What chances would a new god truly stand?

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Surtur
People didn't stop. It's just that a religion that specifically says there is only one God and don't you f*cking dare even think otherwise..became the most dominant religion in the world.

What chances would a new god truly stand? Uh, I'm right here buddy.

MS Warehouse
They didn't, they just changed "gods" to "political ideology".

Lord Lucien
We upgraded gods to men. We still deify them, we just like how we can see these ones.

Surtur
In a way we all have gods, all have something we worship, if not someone.

Take communism, especially in Russia back in the day. They didn't worship any gods or have a specific religion. However..in a way..communism WAS like a religion. Just the way they thought of it and of the importance of it, they were almost..reverent about it.

Or look at the nazi's. Some of the German people almost thought of Hitler as mythical. Their obsession with racial purity and superiority..they carried that obsession with a zeal not unlike that of which we see from actual religions.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.