Darth Krayt vs Darth Bane

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kurk
Both at peaks

Round 1: Sabers only
Round 2: Force only
Round 3: All-Out
Bonus Round: Bane has orbalisk amor, Krayt has his crab armor

I'd like to see what DMB has to say...

cs_zoltan
Both the outcome of the fight and DMB's response is as obvious as it gets.

Ziggystardust
DMB doesn't seriously think Bane has this?

cs_zoltan
I saw him say a few months ago that Bane > Vader in all. Not sure if he changed his stance.

carthage
Krayt stomps

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by carthage
Krayt stomps

ILS
DMB does have Bane above Krayt quite solidly.

Also, Bane dies.

Petrus
Krayt.

Deronn_solo
Krayt sweeps. All are pretty solid fights, however.

Selenial
Originally posted by ILS
DMB does have Bane above Krayt quite solidly.

Also, Bane dies.

thumb up

He's actually supposed to be debating this matchup in a CV tourney, too. Can't wait.

UCanShootMyNova
He'll probably win too depending on who's repping Krayt.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by Selenial
thumb up

He's actually supposed to be debating this matchup in a CV tourney, too. Can't wait. where's the Kas'im vs Ti post? smile

Selenial
Originally posted by |King Joker|
where's the Kas'im vs Ti post? smile

I dropped it in favor of a CaV with Wolf. DMB apparently won't even tell me if he's backing out of a debate with me, and given some of the things I've heard he's said recently I have absolutely no desire to debate someone that salty smile

Sorry to disappointed, sweetie.

Selenial
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
He'll probably win too depending on who's repping Krayt.

It's DC, he shouldn't win, tbh.

Better character and a far better debater, the only problem is DC's complete and unrelenting apathy.

UCanShootMyNova
It's DC

a far better debater

Honestly going by what I've seen from them both I don't think I'd agree.

Selenial
Honestly going by what I've seen from them both I don't think I'd agree.

Again, DC is overwhelmingly apathetic. If he actually decides to debate though, he's a force to be reckoned with.

Also, if you're reading this DC: dont take this as a compliment ur still a fagit. smile

cs_zoltan
DC gona lose by not replying tbh.

UCanShootMyNova
Yeah. If DC is a good debater I don't think he'll actually show his capabilities due to laziness.

He actually cared about that Revan vs Vader debate and still failed to reply.

Selenial
Yeah. If DC is a good debater I don't think he'll actually show his capabilities due to laziness.

He actually cared about that Revan vs Vader debate and still failed to reply.

No offence but who the **** are you anyway? mmm

UCanShootMyNova
The Ancient of Ancients.

darthbane77
Krayt solidly

Nephthys
For the bonus round, Krayt is in his prime but has the crab armor?

NewGuy01
That seems to be the implication, yes.

chingchangwalla
Krayt stomps

|King Joker|
DMB apparently won't even tell me if he's backing out of a debate with me, ? Originally posted by Selenial
and given some of the things I've heard he's said recently I have absolutely no desire to debate someone that salty smile Things like what? smile

Emperordmb
Idk, anything as salty as Sel bitching at me for several posts on various threads without me interacting with her?

carthage
Krayt curbs

Nephthys
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Idk, anything as salty as Sel bitching at me for several posts on various threads without me interacting with her?

Lol.

Krayt may win in all tho, tbh. Good fights.

SunRazer
Krayt wins all. Force is pretty damn easily in his favor. Bane can only really contend in sabers.

Nephthys
Eh, Krayts force feats aren't that great. At least not any better than Bane's. But with DT he does have the edge.

SunRazer
Given that even Vong Krayt "far outstripped anyone else in his Order" in telekinetic and Lightning skills, I'd say so, yes.

Nephthys
Uh..... huh.

MythLord
Why wouldn't Bane also outstrip anyone else in the RoO Order, tbh?

carthage
Bane tking tents/boxes >> Krayt draining Abeloth/contacting every Sith in the galaxy

SunRazer
A vastly pre-prime Krayt "far outstripped" everyone else in the Order. Bane just outstripping everyone in the Order doesn't put him close to Krayt.

MythLord
I'd say being canonically ahead of Exar Kun in knowledge and Dark Side skill, or being the most powerful Sith Lord in centuries -- as of PoD no less -- and his dilluded, poisoned, trainee-days presence overshadowing a DS nexus that took Thon years to subdue, would garner him far outstripping anyone during Krayt's time other than Krayt himself... And that's just PoD/RoT Bane.

Also, I wish to know how the difference between Vong Krayt and War Krayt is vast. Noticeable, perhaps, but not vast.

SunRazer
1. Unless I'm mistaken, the quote's in reference to recent Sith. Not all Sith. PoD Bane being the supreme Sith up to and of his time in terms of power or knowledge is hilarious, too.

2. Your raw power isn't affected by poisons.

3. Krayt was literally being eaten alive by the parasites, IIRC. I mean, his condition had been terminal for quite some time, and it would've only degenerated over that time.

MythLord
1. It's ambiguous, but given how the quote refers to near-the-end-of-RoT Bane, after his little venture for Freedon Nadd's, alongside several other, holocrons

2. But the presence left would've still be diluted with time.

3. If Mara Jade can fight off parasites/coomb spores, which albeit proved a debilitating effort, and still prove to be a pretty damn fierce combatant, I don't see why someone who should logically be more powerful than her, couldn't do the same.

Besides, Bane's Orbalisk armor gave him a similar burden, yet people seem to disregard that.

SunRazer
1. Your sentence is incomplete, but given how amazed Bane was at Darth Revan's holocron and how he could barely wrap his head around most of it, then there's no way that he's more powerful/knowledgeable/masterful than those ancient Sith.

2. Is this the Huntress' vision? If so, then no. Visions take you right back to the time and place of whatever you're seeing.

3. The coomb spores weren't as devastating, and Bane's armor actually enhanced his powers, as he specifically notes. The parasites had a trade-off effect, but the armor doesn't make him weaker. The comparison is about as authentic as a vegetarian sausage.

MythLord
1. I meant is it's Bane as of RoT that the quote is referring to; by that point he's gotten several holocrons which possess most of the ancient teachings of the Sith.
And that's Bane who only knew the teachings from the Brotherhood, at the time. Revan's knowledge should dwarf the Brotherhood's knowledge. Then he goes on to collect even more holocrons. And why would being impressed by something the first time you ever see it, somehow make you inferior to beings who knew it before you, after you've learned it already?

2. No, it's the Huntress literally sensing Bane's presence.

3. I see no reason why not. Both essentially ate their wearers inside out.

4. Eh, I guess :shrug: Though I still don't see how that's enough to suggest a vast difference between Vong and War Krayt.

SunRazer
1. It's referring to Bane at the end of PoD/start of RoT, by which time he's been through the Archives in the academy, Darth Revan's holocron (which even he admits dwarfs all of his prior knowledge), and he's skimmed through Nadd's holocron.

2. Psychometry, you mean? Bane's power still doesn't erode over time.

3. Because Bane's Orbalisks healed him as well, which cancelled it out. And they actually made him stronger. Krayt had no such benefit and was continually seeking ways to rid himself of the parasites.

Nephthys
Originally posted by SunRazer
A vastly pre-prime Krayt "far outstripped" everyone else in the Order. Bane just outstripping everyone in the Order doesn't put him close to Krayt.

Bane vastly outstrips them as well, this is a ridiculous argument.

Originally posted by carthage
Bane tking tents/boxes >> Krayt draining Abeloth/contacting every Sith in the galaxy

Kaan contacted every Sith in the galaxy and compelled them to go to Ruusan. Kaan > Bane????

SunRazer
1. Vastly outstripping Wyyrlok? Probably not. And it's not ridiculous by any means. I brought up that Vong Krayt vastly outstripped everyone else in his Order, and Wollf's response was "Bane also outstrips them", which wasn't a satisfactory response, because, as I said above, just outstripping them in of itself isn't comparable to Reborn Krayt.

2. I'm pretty sure Krayt wasn't really doing what Kaan was, just making his presence felt throughout the galaxy by all Sith so that they knew he would return.

Doesn't he control Sith Troopers from across the galaxy?

Nephthys
1. In TK and lightning? Uh, hell yes he does. No one in Legacy has matched Bane's incinerating lightning. Wolf's point was clear, that Bane can easily match that accolade, you're just being nitpicky and playing semantics.

2. Hence why its a stupid feat for carthage to point out.

Dunno, weren't they linked to him during their creation for something?

MythLord
1. It's referring to Bane at the end of PoD/start of RoT, by which time he's been through the Archives in the academy, Darth Revan's holocron (which even he admits dwarfs all of his prior knowledge), and he's skimmed through Nadd's holocron.

The Deadly Darth section of the Fact File is referring to Bane from Path of Destruction up to the mid or end of Rule of Two, IIRC. Plus the quote is outside the section itself, referring to Bane overall.

2. Psychometry, you mean? Bane's power still doesn't erode over time.

It's still a trainee Bane's presence.

3. Because Bane's Orbalisks healed him as well, which cancelled it out. And they actually made him stronger. Krayt had no such benefit and was continually seeking ways to rid himself of the parasites.

I was referring to the coomb spores, actually.

SunRazer
1. Nah, that's just how some works do fun facts. It doesn't mean it's referring to DoE Bane.

2. That's post-Lehon Bane, if I recall correctly.

3. Ah. Well, Krayt doesn't exactly have Mara's healing powers, not to mention that all of the healing techniques that Wyyrlok & Maladi came across failed as well.

Also, Mara's best Force feats (by a long shot) come from after the coomb spores (not the same series, though, so eh).

MythLord
1. Nah, that's just how some works do fun facts. It doesn't mean it's referring to DoE Bane.

It still would've been RoT Bane, since it's detailing his adventures. And by that point, Bane has the holocron of Belia Darzu, Freedon Nadd(who had all of Sadow's knowledge and taught Exar Kun most of what he knows), Revan(who had a planetary stash of knowledge) and, if I remember correctly, Sorzus Syn.

2. That's post-Lehon Bane, if I recall correctly.

I think it was Bane during the time he was poisoned by Githany while still under the Brotherhood's tutelage, so prior to Lehon.

3. Ah. Well, Krayt doesn't exactly have Mara's healing powers, not to mention that all of the healing techniques that Wyyrlok & Maladi came across failed as well.

Also, Mara's best Force feats (by a long shot) come from after the coomb spores (not the same series, though, so eh).

Krayt's Dark Side powers, even at that time, were greater than Wyyrlok's or Maladi's, and they knew a great deal of healing abilities. And Mara didn't do it so much with healing as she did just via her sheer strength in the Force.

Hence why I'm saying someone with superior strength in the Force juxtaposed to Mara(i.e. Krayt) could've sustained himself in battle fairly well. Though I suppose we can look at this as more of a good feat for Mara. thumb up

SunRazer
1. Does it actually mention anything in RoT other than the beginning?

2. Bane got poisoned by Githany after his first experience on Lehon. He muses that Revan's holocron showed him how to counteract poisons but he missed one which led to it seeping through his system.

3. Yes, it's a good feat for Mara. And Krayt does sustain himself pretty well. Still doesn't stop it from being a massive hindrance to his abilities.

MythLord
1. Yeah, it follows Bane right up to him establishing the base on Ambria, getting his Orbalisks and Nadd's holocron. So by this point he has Nadd's knowledge(which is at least comparable to Exar's), Revan's knowledge(like I said, a planetary stash of holocrons) and the knowledge from the Brotherhood.

2. Ah, well that's still before he gains a vast amount of holocrons up until DoE so... meh.

3. Well, what I get from this is that Mara is at least loosely comparable to Krayt in Force strength smile smile smile Should help me in my CaV. Thanks Nova thumb up

SunRazer
1. That's the start of RoT, lol.

2. Still, she would've only been able to sense his raw power, not Force mastery. Raw power remains constant.

3. You might think that. I couldn't possibly comment. smile

ILS
For the record, the quote saying Bane is > ery Sith before him isn't explicitly referring to Bane at any time period, just that Bane at some point in his career surpassed them all. The quote is separated from the rest of the article.

The idea that it's in the context of the era or any version of Bane is simply an interpretation made by people who have read it, nothing more.

MythLord
1. Heh, I thought it was mid-RoT. I recall it happening in later pages, like 100 or something. mmm Though it wasn't a memorable book besides the last fight sequence :shrugs:

2. Raw power that is superior to a Dark Side nexus that took someone compared to Yoda years to subdue... That still far outstrips anyone in the Legacy era bearing Krayt.

3. A plausibly deniable agreement.

Ziggystardust
ew

MythLord
Originally posted by ILS
For the record, the quote saying Bane is > ery Sith before him isn't explicitly referring to Bane at any time period, just that Bane at some point in his career surpassed them all. The quote is separated from the rest of the article.

The idea that it's in the context of the era or any version of Bane is simply an interpretation made by people who have read it, nothing more.

ILS, do you believe that statement to be true?

ILS
Originally posted by MythLord
ILS, do you believe that statement to be true? With all of my heart and mind, Bane is the shittest of the shit and the best of the shit.

MythLord
Too vague a statement. Be more concrete!

ILS
Sidious > Plagueis > Maul > Bane ~ Venamis > Vitiate

MythLord
You forgot to add Dooku in-between Plagueis and Maul smile smile smile

ILS
Not Rebels Maul, nigga.

I love when a plan comes together.

MythLord
Yeah, not Rebels Maul. He should be below Quordis thumb up

Selenial
Originally posted by Nephthys
1. In TK and lightning? Uh, hell yes he does. No one in Legacy has matched Bane's incinerating lightning. Wolf's point was clear, that Bane can easily match that accolade, you're just being nitpicky and playing semantics.

Not really. People in Krayt's empire have equal and or better Telekinetic feats than Bane, so he can't just take an accolade like that and have it applied to him because reasons. What's more, Wyyrlok's Lightning has incinerated armour that's capable of withstanding Lightsaber strikes, so I'd say someone has matched his Lightning feats at least...

AncientPower
I'm chuckling at the idea of Bane = Kun in knowledge, nevermind the rest.

Beniboybling
Bane can't even beat Cade, Krayt wins comfortably.

And lol @ Bane far outstripping wiping out a small army with a massive satellite dish.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.