Dooku vs Obi Wan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ziggystardust
Sabers only.

Petrus
lol

UCanShootMyNova
Dooku after a long and incredibly close fight.

|King Joker|
Dooku.

Kurk

Petrus
Dooku obviously wins.

Nephthys
Dooku borderline wrecks.

Darth Thor
Dooku drop kicks ftw

Petrus
Yeah, nothing has ever indicated Obi hold a candle to Dooku in terms of anything.

cs_zoltan
Dooku has several ways to win this, Dun Moch is not one of them.

cs_zoltan
Originally posted by Petrus
Yeah, nothing has ever indicated Obi hold a candle to Dooku in terms of anything.

lel

Ziggystardust
Dun Moch is not allowed. Sabers only.

Petrus
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
lel

kek

DarthAnt66
Kenobi's directly in league with the Count in regards to swordsmanship. There's a visible distinction in Force power, though.

Petrus
Originally posted by DarthAnt66

Kenobi's directly in league with the Count in regards to swordsmanship. There's a visible distinction in Force power, though.

Is that from the novel? If so, it's plainly contradicted by the movie.

DarthAnt66
Is that from the novel? If so, it's plainly contradicted by the movie.
Adult novelization.

cdtm

Except defeating Anakin, who wrecked him.

Sure, some of that is because of the fact Obi Wan trained him, but they also had head to head tests of strength, both physical and force push.

Rebel95
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
Dooku after a long and incredibly close fight.

Nephthys

No one should give a shit what the novel says.

Petrus
Because it's contradicted by the movie.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Nephthys
No one should give a shit what the novel says.
http://es.yoyowall.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Pared-Puerta-728x455.jpg

Nephthys
http://es.yoyowall.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Pared-Puerta-728x455.jpg

Not working.

chingchangwalla
Kek Dooku schools Obi-Wan.

Darth Thor
If Dooku can't take Kenobi in PURE Sabers, then he can defo drop kick him mid-Saber fight (assuming that's allowed here).

As for Dooku's struggles against Kenobi in the novel, it's naeive to think he'd struggle just as much in a 1v1.

Kurk
Originally posted by Darth Thor
If Dooku can't take Kenobi in PURE Sabers, then he can defo drop kick him mid-Saber fight (assuming that's allowed here).

As for Dooku's struggles against Kenobi in the novel, it's naeive to think he'd struggle just as much in a 1v1. But couldn't you argue that their shit team fighting is really hindering Kenobi's full fighting potential?

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Kurk
But couldn't you argue that their shit team fighting is really hindering Kenobi's full fighting potential?
Can't tell if serious.

Kurk
Can't tell if serious. The idea that Anakin and Kenobi fight like crap together in sabers is not a radical notion

DarthAnt66
In TCW, sure. But by the time of ROTS, it's factually false, being noted by both the narrator of ROTS (numerous times) and Dooku himself in LoE.

Kurk
In TCW, sure. But by the time of ROTS, it's factually false, being noted by both the narrator of ROTS (numerous times) and Dooku himself in LoE. Interesting. I may be developing a case of dementia and I'm not even 20.

quanchi112
Interesting. I may be developing a case of dementia and I'm not even 20. You are already falling apart.

Kurk
Originally posted by quanchi112
You are already falling apart.
Then I will be at your state shortly

quanchi112
Then I will be at your state shortly You will be dead within the week without my protection. You rode with a star and now are living in the wastelands. You only have yourself to blame.

Kurk
Originally posted by quanchi112
You will be dead within the week without my protection. You rode with a star and now are living in the wastelands. You only have yourself to blame.
I was alive and well before you Quanchi, I think I'll manage.

quanchi112
I was alive and well before you Quanchi, I think I'll manage. Without my protection you're going to get shanked. You ****ed up.

Kurk
http://orig04.deviantart.net/954b/f/2009/014/1/c/obi_wan_captured__cw_doodle_au_by_elthegeneral.jpg

MythLord
Oh God I love that image.

SunRazer
Their teamwork has always been good unless Anakin gets a mushroom head like he does in AotC. TCW's just full of shit.

MythLord
I think we should, mostly, discount TCW from canon, ngl.

SunRazer
You mean Legends?

MythLord
Legends is, my canon. But no, I stand by that... TCW shouldn't exist. Neither should Rebels.

chingchangwalla
They should exist, just kept seperate from the comics, novels etc. Like how Lego starwars is. All the characters in Rebels and TCW are just mediocre;
- Grievous in every fight he's in
- Kanan defeating Maul
- Ashoka is now more skilled than Maul in Rebels which is just WTF, how did this happen
- Dooku, Ventress and Maul being heavily underpowered at times in TCW

Too many shit characters are overpowered and too many powerful ones are being shit on. It's all so inconsistent and gross.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by cdtm
Except defeating Anakin, who wrecked him.

Sure, some of that is because of the fact Obi Wan trained him, but they also had head to head tests of strength, both physical and force push.
Thumbs up to that first part.

And Anakin knew as much about Kenobi as Kenobi knew about him.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by chingchangwalla
They should exist, just kept seperate from the comics, novels etc. Like how Lego starwars is. All the characters in Rebels and TCW are just mediocre;
- Grievous in every fight he's in
- Kanan defeating Maul
- Ashoka is now more skilled than Maul in Rebels which is just WTF, how did this happen
- Dooku, Ventress and Maul being heavily underpowered at times in TCW

Too many shit characters are overpowered and too many powerful ones are being shit on. It's all so inconsistent and gross. Ventress and Maul were underpowered???

Maul was able to stomp Kenobi at one point and fight with Sidious... How ****ing powerful do you want him to be?

Asajj Ventress was never that powerful since her very first conception, she got completely destroyed by Post-AOTC Anakin, and improved, but never got past Anakin, Obi-Wan, or Dooku. She was JUST FINE where she was. Hell, it may have overpowered her at times. Remember that episode where she beat DOOKU with the help of two Nightsisters? I ****ing do.

Yeah, Kanan defeating Maul was stupid asf on their part.

Dooku was underpowered at times, but he was also still able to compete with and take his usual opponents, Anakin and Kenobi. As well as having the satisfaction of showing how feared he actually is.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Jmanghan

And Anakin knew as much about Kenobi as Kenobi knew about him.

That still makes it different to other fights.

Plus Anakin's mental state was easier to take advantage of.

MythLord
Jmanghan's posts keep giving me cancer.

Jmanghan
That still makes it different to other fights.

Plus Anakin's mental state was easier to take advantage of. If they know just as much about the others, then the battle is balanced.

I've mentioned this before, but I don't think Anakin was conflicted about killing Obi-Wan, and on the contrary, I think killing him would have, at this point, brought him joy.

See, Anakin's mindset during this fight is, if he doesn't win the fight against Kenobi, he will lose Padme forever. "YOU WILL NOT TAKE HER FROM ME!"

If he kills Kenobi, he gets Padme back (in his mind), and if he doesn't, Kenobi takes her.

He was willing to do anything to kill Obi-Wan for that sole reason.

In short, on top of him being a legitimate full-fledged darksider at this point, Anakin's anger was more of a help then a hindrance.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by MythLord
Jmanghan's posts keep giving me cancer. Lol @ the person who says Surik > Arcann. kys.

MythLord
Lol @ the person who says Surik > Arcann.

My opinion on Arcann has been lowered, recently. And that's only in a pure saber duel.

kys.

Ladies first, Jman.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by MythLord
My opinion on Arcann has been lowered, recently. And that's only in a pure saber duel.

Ladies first, Jman.

...Uh... But... Why though? Wtf happened? Because he lost to the Outlander?

Exactly, so go ahead. smile

MythLord
...Uh... But... Why though? Wtf happened? Because he lost to the Outlander?

No... he's better than the Outlander. I just raised my opinion of Ms Surik recently. Now let's not derail the thread with Surik VS Arcann sabers-only. We can discuss that on another thread.

Exactly, so go ahead. smile

Even if I were a woman, I'd still be more manly than you, lmfao.

chingchangwalla
Cringe Jman

Darth Thor
If they know just as much about the others, then the battle is balanced.

It's not an equation that balances exactly the same on both sides.

I've mentioned this before, but I don't think Anakin was conflicted about killing Obi-Wan, and on the contrary, I think killing him would have, at this point, brought him joy.

See, Anakin's mindset during this fight is, if he doesn't win the fight against Kenobi, he will lose Padme forever. "YOU WILL NOT TAKE HER FROM ME!"

If he kills Kenobi, he gets Padme back (in his mind), and if he doesn't, Kenobi takes her.

He was willing to do anything to kill Obi-Wan for that sole reason.

"Don't make me destroy you" Anakin to Obi-Wan.

In short, on top of him being a legitimate full-fledged darksider at this point, Anakin's anger was more of a help then a hindrance.

He'd been a darksider for what, a couple of days? He's seen crying when he killed the separatists.

He's definitely not in the best state of mind. His ability with a Saber might not have been hindered, but I don't see Jedi Anakin or OT Vader making that jump. Ergo his mental state was at it's worst in his Jedi/Sith career.

Petrus
Every time Dooku faces off against Kenobi, Kenobi gets wreckt one way or another. That's just very easy to see. And in RotS (movie), Dooku pwns him. Dooku is Kenobi's superior in every way.

The fact that Kenobi and Skywalker almost stalemated doesn't mean much precisely because they knew each other's moves to perfection, besides taking into account that Anakin was as an unstable emotional *****.

Kurk
Regardless of down-playing every evil character in TCW and Rebels, I still appreciate the character development and overall story writing. Star Wars is still a series for entertainment and only a handful of its audience watches it solely for feats to debate other people on the internet.

Jmanghan
But couldn't you argue that their shit team fighting is really hindering Kenobi's full fighting potential? Agreed, they've always worked better alone then as a team.

Thats evidenced by... pretty much every time they've worked alone, as opposed to being in a team.

Jmanghan
It's not an equation that balances exactly the same on both sides.

"Don't make me destroy you" Anakin to Obi-Wan.

He'd been a darksider for what, a couple of days? He's seen crying when he killed the separatists.

He's definitely not in the best state of mind. His ability with a Saber might not have been hindered, but I don't see Jedi Anakin or OT Vader making that jump. Ergo his mental state was at it's worst in his Jedi/Sith career. The Movie doesn't support that though.

Darth Thor
The Movie doesn't support that though.

???

Jmanghan
??? Why would he cry after killing the Seperatists?...

chingchangwalla
He loved Poggle...

Darth Thor
Why would he cry after killing the Seperatists?...

Have you not seen the movie? He was crying.

So your claim of " The Movie doesn't support that though." is false.

The movie supports everything I said, and doesn't really support yur arguments tbh.

Zenwolf
Why would he cry after killing the Seperatists?...

He was crying about the things he had done, IE: The Jedi Temple attack.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.