Yoda's order vs. Luke's order

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BazookaMaster
Elites of both Jedi orders duke it out. In character and small starting distance.

Yoda team:
- Yoda
- Mace Windu
- Anakin Skywalker
- Obi-Wan Kenobi
- Kit Fisto
- Agen Kolar
- Plo Koon

Luke team:
- Luke Skywalker
- Jaina Solo
- Kyp Durron
- Kyle Katarn
- Mara Jade
- Saba Sebatyne
- Corran Horn

darthbane77
I'm gonna give it over to the NJO, but it's very close. The presence of Kyle, Saba and Jaina are what sell it imo; combined with Luke's presence. Though Yoda's Order is by no means way out of their depth, it would be a very close fight.

The Ellimist
Originally posted by BazookaMaster
Elites of both Jedi orders duke it out. In character and small starting distance.

Yoda team:
- Yoda
- Mace Windu
- Anakin Skywalker
- Obi-Wan Kenobi
- Kit Fisto
- Agen Kolar
- Plo Koon

Luke team:
- Luke Skywalker
- Jaina Solo
- Kyp Durron
- Kyle Katarn
- Mara Jade
- Saba Sebatyne
- Corran Horn

Luke beats Yoda
I'm not sure about Jaina vs. Windu. Jaina's feats are often underwhelming, but her age -> Skywalker bloodline + accolades seem to suggest that this would be a feat. Nonethless Windu's track record still makes me lean towards him.
Anakin is probably too powerful (and deadly up close) for Kyp, despite Durron's vastly greater telekinetic mastery.
Obi Wan beats Katarn via superior feats and accolades; Kyle's best counter is his fast growth rate, but I don't think that's enough to suggest that he's above Kenobi.
Mara Jade beats Kit Fisto, better feats.
Saba beats Agen, better feats.
Corran beats Plo Koon, see above.

So yeah, Anakin and Windu can't beat everyone else together. This does probably depend on who wins first though; I get the feeling that Mara/Saba/Corran win theirs quickest.

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by The Ellimist

So yeah, Anakin and Windu can't beat everyone else together.

I... I... What?

Q99
I agree that Luke's order has the edge, somewhat better matchups.

chingchangwalla
NJO might edge out thanks to Luke

Deronn_solo
Luke > Yoda
Mace > Jaina
Anakin > Kyp
Obi-Wan > Katarn
Mara > Fisto
Saba > Kolar
Corran > Plo

NJO wins, imo.

UCanShootMyNova
NJO wins in a good fight.

MythLord
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
Luke > Yoda
Mace > Jaina
Anakin > Kyp
Obi-Wan > Katarn
Mara > Fisto
Saba > Kolar
Corran > Plo

NJO wins, imo.

Pretty much this, yeah.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
Luke > Yoda
Mace > Jaina
Anakin > Kyp
Obi-Wan > Katarn
Mara > Fisto
Saba > Kolar
Corran > Plo

NJO wins, imo.
Agreed with almost all of this.

NewGuy01
Probably team Yoda, honestly. His team tapers off a little at the end, but his frontliners are a head and shoulders above Luke's.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Probably team Yoda, honestly. His team tapers off a little at the end, but his frontliners are a head and shoulders above Luke's.
How do you feel about Luke vs Yoda?

NewGuy01
I think it's debatable, honestly.

UCanShootMyNova
Ouch...

The Ellimist
I think it's debatable, honestly.

How so?

Deronn_solo
Luke vs Yoda debatable?

Don't really see how, but NG01 is a pretty good debater with a grasp on the mythos few can match, so I wouldn't mind hearing his take nonetheless.

The Ellimist
Wanna debate Luke vs Yoda ng?

Trocity

Luke>Yoda but I agree with this. PT team probably wins.

JKBart
Well, let's go for the most balanced matchups.

Yoda vs. Luke Skywalker - this one is fairly obvious. It will be the longest, and most incredible, but Luke is the clear winner.

Mace Windu vs. Kyp Durron - Mace wins, no contest. Kyp is more powerful, and will likely give Mace hell because of that. He's not going to have a chance to win through that power, though. With Mace's superiority as a duelist, his offensive style that's going to prevent Kyp from getting time for extensive Force usage on a scale huge enough to overpower Windu with Force alone - not possible. Kyp has no showings implying he has enough mastery and skill to harness power great enough to do such a damage to such a Force user in a grueling lightsaber contest, especially one where he will be on a losing end the entire time and will be forced to fight for his survival.

Anakin Skywalker vs. Jaina Solo - no contest here. Jaina is great, possibly surpassing almost every PT duelist sans Yoda, Palpatine, Mace, Anakin and Dooku, but... yeah, above. Anakin is just better as a combatant, better in every physical field to inhuman extent if he goes for the kill, and more powerful, and just more everything. Jaina stands no chance.

Obi-Wan Kenobi vs. Kyle Katarn - Kenobi wins. He's just better.

Kit Fisto vs. Mara Jade Skywalker - yeah, Mara wins. Besides being easily the more powerful, she has far better showings as a duelist, even though I rate Kit very highly.

Agen Kolar vs. Saba Sebatyne - it all depends on your rating of Agen's stompage of Quinlan Vos. If you take it at face value, Agen, despite lack of showings, unknown amount of physical capabilities etc. is just a better duelist overall. If you start to question that fight... it gets very difficult to rate. I'll let it pass.

Plo Koon vs. Corran Horn - honestly, Corran wins this one. Pretty similar in his prowess as a duelist, but has a few tricks up his sleeve that are going to decide everything in a contest that close.

You can switch Mace and Anakin, and the results will be roughly similar.

Then there comes the second thing. Where do we have the most obvious winners and shortest fights? How much of a damage they can do when "free" to disrupt other duels presented above?

The most one-sided fights would be Anakin vs. Jaina, Kit vs. Mara and possibly Mace vs. Kyp. Anakin obviously trumps Mara, but it leaves time for the other duels to finish, making the outcome completely unknown. If we add in Mace vs. Kyp as the third easiest fight, then the result is obvious.

With Anakin and Mace going to help Yoda against Luke, even Luke himself goes down. Yoda is close enough to Luke that giving him backup of these two guys will allow him to trump Luke. While Luke is insanely superior to Mace or Anakin, he can't one-shot them, and they will provide enough for Yoda to win over Luke.

In the meantime of course, there will be chaos. The guys from NJO can win other fights, but they would still have to go through Kenobi, and Anakin or Mace can even leave Yoda for a small amount of time to help Kenobi/Agen clean up.

Really, the Prequel team should win pretty often. Impossible to tell that in X/10 format though, it's too large of a battle.

chingchangwalla
"Jaina definately has a chance of defeating DE Palpatine." Evannova95
You're all wrong, Jaina solos

JKBart
Originally posted by chingchangwalla
"Jaina definately has a chance of defeating DE Palpatine." Evannova95
You're all wrong, Jaina solos

do u know spreading sicknesses on purpose is a crime and cancer is a sickness

chingchangwalla
*slow sarcastic clap* for the twit above who thinks I'm serious

JKBart
u truly don't know me if you believe that smile

chingchangwalla
I obviously don't.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.