Sith Team vs Sith Team

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

UCanShootMyNova
Revan, Vader, Bane and Malgus vs Anakin, Arcann, Dooku and Maul.

DarthAnt66
Two of these guys aren't even Sith.

Also, is this Knightfall Anakin or Mustafar Anakin?

UCanShootMyNova
It's just standard RotS Anakin.

darthbane77
Team 1 wins without much difficulty.

UCanShootMyNova
What do you have to say to that Ant?

DarthAnt66
I think it depends on how Revan tackles the MVP, who's going to devastate whoever he fights in strict combat.

I maintain my stance, however, that Revan can undermine Skywalker via telepathy and waging physiological warfare.

Petrus
Team 1; Revan MVP.

ares834
Team 1. Vader is the MVP.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by ares834
http://mrwgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Shake-My-Head-Reaction-Gif.gif

Nephthys
Originally posted by darthbane77
Team 1 wins without much difficulty.

SIDIOUS 66
Originally posted by ares834

thumb up

DarthAnt66
I wished you were dead. Make that dream a reality.

UCanShootMyNova
Looks like the vast majority of the forum disagrees with your stance. smile

DarthAnt66
S66 has Revan on Ventress level. His opinion is worthless.

UCanShootMyNova
I wouldn't say such comparisons lack merit. smile

SIDIOUS 66
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
S66 has Revan on Ventress level. His opinion is worthless.

No, I just think you're mad that I could actually make the case, meaning Revan just isn't what you wish him to be.

Nephthys
Lol, nobody can make that case anymore.

Except in sabers, I guess.... mmm

UCanShootMyNova
Revan's best feat is TK'ing two battle-meditated force users of middling power, and a defenseless Satele Shan when his essence was wholly shrouded in the Darkside, yes? Ventress has choked both Anakin and Obi Wan when enraged. Given where you place Anakin I'd think you'd be open to such ideas.

UCanShootMyNova
Btw we're using SoR Revan for the fight. smile

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by SIDIOUS 66
No, I just think you're mad that I could actually make the case, meaning Revan just isn't what you wish him to be.
I'd love for you to try. Please do.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
Revan's best feat is TK'ing two battle-meditated force users of middling power, and a defenseless Satele Shan when his essence was wholly shrouded in the Darkside, yes? Ventress has choked both Anakin and Obi Wan when enraged. Given where you place Anakin I'd think you'd be open to such ideas.
... what?

Shan had a glowing Force bubble around her. laughing out loud

And I don't put TCW Skywalker high, so no, lmfao.

SIDIOUS 66
Originally posted by Nephthys
Lol, nobody can make that case anymore.

Except in sabers, I guess.... mmm

Well let's see, Revan's hype and quotes don't apply to her. They live in Eras so far apart that it's almost like arguing two characters from two different universes. The only quotes that apply to both eras would be the ones from Ventress's, as they pertain to her era and all eras before hers. Ventress is from the prime, and is on par with the best barring a handful. Her best force feat, while circumstantial, is better than Revan's feat that lacks context to even properly make a good comparison.

Ant knows I don't agree that Ventress is above Revan, but that's not why he hates me so much lol.

UCanShootMyNova
... what?

Shan had a glowing Force bubble around her. laughing out loud

It's noted that battle meditation leaves the user defenseless in RoT. Did that "bubble" ever demonstrate the ability to defend against attacks?

So what's a character you put TCW Anakin on par with.

DarthAnt66
It's noted that battle meditation leaves the user defenseless in RoT. Did that "bubble" ever demonstrate the ability to defend against attacks?
It's almost like different works portray Battle Meditation differently. erm

The Battle Meditation that Nomi Sunrider applies, for example, is nothing like what is shown in the RoT novel either.

And yes, she puts it up specifically to defend against Revan.

S4? Below Marr or Shan, lmfao.

UCanShootMyNova
It's almost like different works portray Battle Meditation differently. erm

The Battle Meditation that Nomi Sunrider applies, for example, is nothing like what is shown in the RoT novel either.

And yes, she puts it up specifically to defend against Revan.

S4? Below Marr or Shan, lmfao.

Cool. Now show me the evidence for that. Show me the evidence for this bubble being a defensive barrier.

Now why do you think Anakin became Sidious level in less then a years time. What evidence do you have to support this view?

DarthAnt66
When you hover over the ability she uses, it's called a "Force Barrier." erm

Because it's stated Skywalker grew "vastly in power" between the end of TCW and ROTS.

UCanShootMyNova
The ability being the bubble?

That's fine. What showing indicates growth to Sidious level from Satele level?

DarthAnt66
Yes.

Being inferior to Dooku to stomping Dooku, lmfao.

Nephthys
Well let's see, Revan's hype and quotes don't apply to her. They live in Eras so far apart that it's almost like arguing two characters from two different universes. The only quotes that apply to both eras would be the ones from Ventress's, as they pertain to her era and all eras before hers. Ventress is from the prime, and is on par with the best barring a handful. Her best force feat, while circumstantial, is better than Revan's feat that lacks context to even properly make a good comparison.

Ant knows I don't agree that Ventress is above Revan, but that's not why he hates me so much lol.

No-one care about whether his hype applies to her, it applies to other characters far above the likes of Ventress. His accolades shit on her to a hideous extent. Nor are her force feats worthy of licking that same shit, they are so below his. Revan clowns her instantly in a fight, quit embarrassing yourself.

SIDIOUS 66

Your opinion is irrelevant. Unless this is canon only, EU feats apply and it's still the same Anakin. Regardless, Anakin has very good feats in TCW alone.

You're desperate.

DarthAnt66
quit embarrassing yourself.
Hard for him to do. thumb up

UCanShootMyNova
Proof.

By the end of TCW he's approaching Sooku and as of Dark Disciple he's his equal. The showing doesn't account for growth on the level of Satele to Sidious unless you place Satele a lot higher then you've been letting on.

DarthAnt66
Your opinion is irrelevant. Unless this is canon only, EU feats apply and it's still the same Anakin. Regardless, Anakin has very good feats in TCW alone.
The Anakin we see in ROTS is not the same Anakin as in TCW, if that's what you're implying.

And you're retarded, lmfao.

Nephthys
Ant thinks Anakin was actually being accurate when he says his power doubled in a day, lol.

DarthAnt66
Proof.

By the end of TCW he's approaching Sooku and as of Dark Disciple he's his equal. The showing doesn't account for growth on the level of Satele to Sidious unless you place Satele a lot higher then you've been letting on.
https://swtor.jedipedia.net/en/npc/satele-shan-12

Ventress chokes him in S4, I believe. Not DD.

DarthAnt66
Ant thinks Anakin was actually being accurate when he says his power doubled in a day, lol.
He was referring to AotC. Gillard has also supported this statement in his comments of ROTS Anakin. thumb up

Emperordmb

Season 3 actually.

SIDIOUS 66
No-one care about whether his hype applies to her, it applies to other characters far above the likes of Ventress. His accolades shit on her to a hideous extent. Nor are her force feats worthy of licking that same shit, they are so below his. Revan clowns her instantly in a fight, quit embarrassing yourself.

Which characters? You need to prove that. Without all that hype and quotes and rumors, we fall back on feat wars. Do you want to take that route?

You're just going to acknowledge what you like and disregard what you view as being stupid, which doesn't matter to me, and I couldn't care less TBH.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Season 3 actually.
Really? Even better. thumb up

SIDIOUS 66
Ants passion is proving that he believes a case could be made, and he fears there isn't a big gap. lol

DarthAnt66
That bait though.

Face it, S66. Only Gideon likes you anymore. You're a disgrace to these boards.

I ruined your ass before on Dooku vs Revan. Don't make me do it again. thumb up

darthbane77
That bait though.

I ruined your ass before on Dooku vs Revan. Don't make me do it again. thumb up Ant paraphrasing Darth Vader over here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWrbLLWO5JY

Nephthys
Which characters? You need to prove that. Without all that hype and quotes and rumors, we fall back on feat wars. Do you want to take that route?

You're just going to acknowledge what you like and disregard what you view as being stupid, which doesn't matter to me, and I couldn't care less TBH.

I couldn't care less either, it's not like I'm going to dignify this stance with an actual debate.

SIDIOUS 66
That bait though.

I ruined your ass before on Dooku vs Revan. Don't make me do it again. thumb up

No, it wasn't a bait. You brought it up, and now you're mad that I can make a case if I wanted to.

You care way too much of the opinion of others. If it weren't for SKILLZ making the case for Revan, people would still be thinking he was Ventress level.

Nephthys
Only a lunatic could think that after SoR.

DarthAnt66
No, it wasn't a bait. You brought it up, and now you're mad that I can make a case if I wanted to.
No, you can't, lmfao.

You can't form any credible argument concerning Revan vs Ventress that would persuade anyone.

Those are the facts.

Based on ComicVine and SWTOR Forums, you're factually wrong. laughing out loud

SIDIOUS 66

No, you can't, lmfao.

You can't form any credible argument concerning Revan vs Ventress that would persuade anyone.

Those are the facts.

Based on ComicVine and SWTOR Forums, you're factually wrong. laughing out loud

Which is why you never made the vs thread after about 2 years, right?

I can, and your passion here shows that you know and fear that I can.

What? Ant, you even gave in to the "notion" that Maul was better than Revan. It was after SKILLZ made the argument that people put him above Dooku. Just because you might run with his argument isn't the point. The point is, were they right about Revan before SKILLZ made the case?

UCanShootMyNova

I'm asking for proof that the bubble she had around herself was labelled as force barrier not a list of her abilities.

Also I wasn't even talking about Ventress. I was asking how providing a challenge to Dooku to becoming his superior is a power growth equivalent to the gap between Satele and Sidious.

DarthAnt66
I'm not going to replay the entire SoR expansion, record the fight, and post it on YouTube, lmfao.

You'll have to take my word on it, especially considering I provided a link to all the abilities she showed and the only Force Barrier one is blatantly listed.

Stomping Dooku into the ground with greater ease than Yoda did in AotC puts him to Palpatine level.

UCanShootMyNova
Can anyone tell me if Ant's claim is true?

No, no it doesn't. I've already gone over this with you though and you chose to ignore the fact that Dooku having to keep a part of his focus on watching out for Kenobi would hinder him along with Makashi being weak against Djem So specifically as we can see from both Anakin's performance before he began employing it and the text itself.

DarthAnt66
erm

Yeah, and then we all laughed at you over it. Sorry man. thumb down

Interesting thread though. thumb up

UCanShootMyNova
I recall you typing "lol" failing to come up with a response and then getting so butt hurt about it you attempted to get me banned on multiple sites.

Think you might take this shit a tad too seriously buddy. smile

DarthAnt66
Pretty sure I kept on responding, even despite the thread getting more and more strange as it went on.

If not, link me though and I'll check it out. laughing out loud

UCanShootMyNova
Your response was to bring up technicalities which failed to address the point until you said the way Anakin lost focus was different and thus not applicable as a comparrison.

DarthAnt66
Ah, yeah. Then, thumb up @ me. Again:

Sorry man. thumb down

UCanShootMyNova
I responded by explaining why I did believe it to be applicable and then you attempted to get me banned on multiple platforms in retaliation.

UCanShootMyNova
I can only assume you were unable to respond intellectually which lead to your failed attempts at banning me.

DarthAnt66
I responded by explaining why I did believe it to be applicable and then you attempted to get me banned on multiple platforms in retaliation.

mmm

Sorry man. thumb down

UCanShootMyNova
Ah I understand. It can be hard to come up with sentences Ant but that doesn't mean you should repeat them like a toddler.

*Pats Ant's head affectionately*

It's ok. You'll be able to come with actual responses some day I'm sure.

DarthAnt66
Syn unleashing an roflstompslaughterfest at the moment.

I need backup. laughing out loud

UCanShootMyNova
Oh look, babies first words. I'm so proud of you Ant. smile

DarthAnt66
erm I'm really not sure where the salt is coming from.

Explain. thumb up

UCanShootMyNova
Your stances. They're ridiculous and you know it.

Why can't you ever take anything seriously?

DarthAnt66
If you have issues with Skywalker's placement, contact Stover and Gillard.

No reason to unleash your anger at me, though. erm

UCanShootMyNova
They don't place Anakin on Sidious's level. That's made clear in both the movie and novel.

cdtm
Revan, Vader, Bane and Malgus vs Anakin, Arcann, Dooku and Maul.

Team 1 wins, with ease.

DarthAnt66
They don't place Anakin on Sidious's level.
"Sidious is a level nine On this film, Obi is eight-he's moved up-Anakin is a nine; Mace is a nine, Yoda is a nine. They're up with Sidious."

mmm

"Gillard also reports that the duel will explain how Obi-Wan is able to defeat his protege, even though Anakin has been established as the most powerful Jedi who ever lived."

mmm

"The most powerful Jedi of his generation. Perhaps of any generation. The fastest. The strongest. An unbeatable pilot. An unstoppable warrior.On the ground, in the air or sea or space, there is no one even close. He has not just power, not just skill, but dash: that rare, invaluable combination of boldness and grace. He is the best there is at what he does. The best there has ever been. And he knows it."

mmm

"The level is not necessarily an indication of the performer's talent, but it takes a truly gifted and physically skilled actor to play a powerful Jedi combatant. 'Hayden Christensen is one of the best there is,' says Gillard. 'I've seen hundreds of sword fighters, people who do it for a living, and he leaves them all in his wake. His style has changed a bit since Episode II, when he was only a level seven. On this he's a level nine.' For the curious, Gillard does not reveal any Jedi who has achieved level ten. The highest is nine, occupied by a small number of capable sword masters, including Yoda and Darth Sidious. At so high a ranking, it comes down to individual fighting styles as well as the circumstances of the surroundings that make a difference."

erm

"Anakin's style has changed completely between Episode II and Episode III. He now no longer cares. He knows he's unbeatable. He's far more dangerous than anybody in the universe."

no expression

Again:
If you have issues with Skywalker's placement, contact Stover and Gillard.

No reason to unleash your anger at me, though. erm

Deronn_solo
Ant, ur sig is so sexy rn.

ares834
Shame Gillard's quotes aren't canon.

UCanShootMyNova
"Sidious is a level nine On this film, Obi is eight-he's moved up-Anakin is a nine; Mace is a nine, Yoda is a nine. They're up with Sidious."

mmm

"Gillard also reports that the duel will explain how Obi-Wan is able to defeat his protege, even though Anakin has been established as the most powerful Jedi who ever lived."

mmm

"The most powerful Jedi of his generation. Perhaps of any generation. The fastest. The strongest. An unbeatable pilot. An unstoppable warrior.On the ground, in the air or sea or space, there is no one even close. He has not just power, not just skill, but dash: that rare, invaluable combination of boldness and grace. He is the best there is at what he does. The best there has ever been. And he knows it."

mmm

"The level is not necessarily an indication of the performer's talent, but it takes a truly gifted and physically skilled actor to play a powerful Jedi combatant. 'Hayden Christensen is one of the best there is,' says Gillard. 'I've seen hundreds of sword fighters, people who do it for a living, and he leaves them all in his wake. His style has changed a bit since Episode II, when he was only a level seven. On this he's a level nine.' For the curious, Gillard does not reveal any Jedi who has achieved level ten. The highest is nine, occupied by a small number of capable sword masters, including Yoda and Darth Sidious. At so high a ranking, it comes down to individual fighting styles as well as the circumstances of the surroundings that make a difference."

erm

"Anakin's style has changed completely between Episode II and Episode III. He now no longer cares. He knows he's unbeatable. He's far more dangerous than anybody in the universe."

no expression

Again:

Ant. I don't give a shit about quotes. I give a shit about logic and logically given how far above masters on Obi Wan's level like Agen, Fisto and Saesee Sidious no emotional hindrances would stop Anakin from destroying Kenobi if he was close to Palpatine's level. Stop being an idiot.

DarthAnt66
They (Gillard, Stover) don't place Anakin on Sidious's level.
mmm

SunRazer
Probably team 1.

UCanShootMyNova
mmm

The books they wrote and movies they directed directly contradict those statements. Whatever bullshit they had to spew from Lucas doesn't change that.

DarthAnt66
Denial.

UCanShootMyNova
Truth.

DarthAnt66
Sorry man. thumb down

UCanShootMyNova
Back to repeating yourself. Ah well, you made improvements today so I'm proud of you anyways. smile

DarthAnt66
The salt is real.

NewGuy01
Ant's completely in the right, here. The entirety of Syn's argument can essentially be broken down into-

"I don't like the implications of the information Ant's provided, so I'm going to dismiss it groundlessly in favor of my preconceived notions."

-which is a case that does not warrant a counter. Flimsy rebuttals may be indicative of a stubborn or unskilled debater. Denial of evidence is indicative of a dishonest debater who can't be reasoned with.

Where Ant fails here is that he's allowed Syn to distract from that with ridicule. This is one of those times where the phrase, "Concession Accepted" is the proper response.

UCanShootMyNova
What evidence did I deny?

SunRazer
The evidence posted on this very page, lmfao.

NewGuy01
Nothing's posted on this page, though. confused

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by SunRazer
The evidence posted on this very page, lmfao.

Can you please provide an example? I'm not really understanding what you're referring to. At most I asked for someone to confirm Ant's claim.

MythLord
Why? Ant already confirmed it.

UCanShootMyNova
No, he confirmed Satele had a force ability called "Force barrier" he didn't confirm that that's what the bubble around her was while she was employing battle meditation.

MythLord
For some reason a massive telekinetic bubble suddenly isn't a Force defense...
You do realize Force Barrier has been called a "bubble" in the past, yes?

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by MythLord
For some reason a massive telekinetic bubble suddenly isn't a Force defense...
You do realize Force Barrier has been called a "bubble" in the past, yes?

Where is it mentioned/shown the bubble is telekinetic?

I am aware, yes.

I just want confirmation that it was some form of defense rather then simply visual evidence of Satele employing BM.

Edit: Are you able to confirm this for me are you just wasting my time as you are in ILS's thread as well?

MythLord
Because what else could it be? Whenever Battle Meditation was used in any of the other games, or in SWTOR, it doesn't have a massive bubble around the beings imploying it.

It's only logical Shan was trying to defend herself since, y'know, Revan's attacking her and all.

Logic, Syn, logic. Try and apply it.

And nah, I'd rather not waste my time running around in tangents with you.

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by MythLord
Because what else could it be? Whenever Battle Meditation was used in any of the other games, or in SWTOR, it doesn't have a massive bubble around the beings imploying it.

It's only logical Shan was trying to defend herself since, y'know, Revan's attacking her and all.

Logic, Syn, logic. Try and apply it.

And nah, I'd rather not waste my time running around in tangents with you.

A visual representation of Satele employing BM?

When was battle meditation used in SWTOR aside from Satele?

I agree, that is logical, but it's stated in RoT that employing battle mediation leaves you defenseless. I just want confirmation that's what Satele did because it would be a good example of her own power and capabilities that she was able to do that whilst employing battle meditation.

I do try.

Well, then I'd suggest you not continue to take part in the conversation? I mean, it's pretty simple really.

Nephthys
It's obviously a force bubble.

UCanShootMyNova
Ok. And I respect opinion. I'm just asking for some visual evidence.

DarthAnt66
Syn, the Bane novel doesn't even state what you're suggesting. Rather, it stated that all of Worror's focus was directed in Battle Meditation, so he didn't have any attention left to divert his power. That's different from saying Battle Meditation in of itself has no defense, which we know to not be true. Besides Satele Shan explicitly putting up Force bubbles to defend against Revan's attacks in the gameplay, Nomi Sunrider also uses Battle Meditation to fend off against dark side attacks. Note that Worror is merely an adept as using Battle Meditation, and can't alter large-scale engagements. The same doesn't apply to Satele Shan, who is not only far more powerful than Worror and thus has more power to spare, but is also a direct descendant of the greatest Battle Meditation practitioner in history, with Dar'nala and Zym musing she has the same "gift" as Bastila did.

DarthAnt66
Ok. And I respect opinion. I'm just asking for some visual evidence.
http://i35.servimg.com/u/f35/17/73/92/12/bubble10.jpg

NewGuy01
Nah that just the BM animation br0.

DarthAnt66
daum tru

UCanShootMyNova
Syn, the Bane novel doesn't even state what you're suggesting. Rather, it stated that all of Worror's focus was directed in Battle Meditation, so he didn't have any attention left to divert his power. That's different from saying Battle Meditation in of itself has no defense, which we know to not be true. Besides Satele Shan explicitly putting up Force bubbles to defend against Revan's attacks in the gameplay, Nomi Sunrider also uses Battle Meditation to fend off against dark side attacks. Note that Worror is merely an adept as using Battle Meditation, and can't alter large-scale engagements. The same doesn't apply to Satele Shan, who is not only far more powerful than Worror and thus has more power to spare, but is also a direct descendant of the greatest Battle Meditation practitioner in history, with Dar'nala and Zym musing she has the same "gift" as Bastila did.

I know. And he's noted to be a particularly skilled practitioner. I'm saying that I'd like evidence for Satele shielding herself whilst doing it because it would be an impressive feat for her.

Do these bubbles appear to be the same as the ones she has around herself whilst doing battle meditation?

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Nah that just the BM animation br0.

It could be which is why I asked for evidence that the bubble has been shown to be used as a force barrier in other parts of the fight or that it is specifically labelled as one.

Edit: Like, I actually like Satele and I want her to have a better rep then she gets. I just want the evidence to back it up.

NewGuy01
To begin with, it being a barrier doesn't really rep her as much as it does Revan.

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by NewGuy01
To begin with, it being a barrier doesn't really rep her as much as it does Revan.

Well it shows that she's able to keep it up whilst employing battle meditation which is certainly impressive if she actually accomplished such.

DarthAnt66
Only you find that impressive, or even relevant.

UCanShootMyNova
Oh.

Nephthys
I think its pretty impressive.

UCanShootMyNova
Yay.

Nephthys
just kidding you suck haha

UCanShootMyNova
sad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.