IT (2017)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

dynamix
http://www.ew.com/sites/default/files/i/2016/08/16/pennywise-ew-00054120.jpg

the first full glimpse of Pennywise. What do u guys think?

ares834
It's atrocious.

Paradoxically, by trying to make the clown look creepy and terrifying they made him considerably less so.

Inhuman
Looks like "it" has downs syndrome

dynamix
that buck teeth is weird looking!

riv6672
All i know about this movie is that its being made, and now the OP pic.

TBF, the original movie was cheesy as hell with awful FX. Tim Curry was the big selling point.
So, i'm interested to see where they go with this. No Tim Curry but less cheesy film to compensate, hopefully. thumb up

Kazenji
Totally missed the point of the clown for this remake, He's not suppose to be that scary.

BruceSkywalker
i just want blood and guts in this

Mindship
Originally posted by Inhuman
Looks like "it" has downs syndrome Clown syndrome.
Originally posted by riv6672
Tim Curry was the big selling point. Indeed.

Flyattractor
Pennywise looks like he got trans gendered

Robtard
Yeah, agreed, It looks like a clown to lure children, looking like an evil clown shits on that angle. Wondering if that's just a promo pic or if PW has more than one clown form in this.

Still, will wait for a preview.

Zack M
Loved the original.

Robtard
Originally posted by Zack M
Loved the original.

Saw it back in the early 90's and I recall enjoying it, do wonder if it holds up now.

Surtur
They all float down here.

Will they include the prepubescent gang bang in this version?

dynamix
besides pennywise i wasn't that much of a fan of the original. I thought it was really cheese...even for a television miniseries lol.

Inhuman
The spider final boss was stupid

Surtur
As a kid the mini series used to scare the shit out of me.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Surtur
As a kid the mini series used to scare the shit out of me.

Me too

dynamix
The spider final boss was stupid

FACT!! I was like..."are u serious??"

riv6672
Originally posted by Robtard
Yeah, agreed, It looks like a clown to lure children, looking like an evil clown shits on that angle. Wondering if that's just a promo pic or if PW has more than one clown form in this.

Still, will wait for a preview.
See, thats what i was thinking, the multiple clown forms, like when he'd sprout fangs in the mini.

Zack M
Clowns and spiders. What are more scarier?

riv6672
Waking up paralyzed, with a clown leaning over you in the dark, spiders crawling out of his mouth as he quietly laughs at your inability to move.

Darth Thor
Waking up paralyzed, with a clown leaning over you in the dark, spiders crawling out of his mouth as he quietly laughs at your inability to move.

You have strange nightmares.

riv6672
^^^Why do you think i'm always up all night posting?

riv6672
http://i.imgur.com/85d8QXX.jpg]

Loser's Club.

Surtur
Originally posted by Zack M
Clowns and spiders. What are more scarier?

A sewer gangbang,

Do..do you guys think IT watched the kids gangbanging each other?

Esau Cairn
A sewer gangbang,

Do..do you guys think Quan watched the kids gangbanging each other?

Fixed. cool

riv6672
A sewer gangbang,

Do..do you guys think IT watched the kids gangbanging each other?
Sounds like you do. thumb up

Inhuman
http://i.imgur.com/AnybP6l.jpg

Surtur
Sounds like you do. thumb up

I'd like to think he gave them their privacy for their sewer gangbang, but man Pennywise was kind of a douche so..he probably didn't.

F*cking cosmic spider clowns have no manners.

riv6672
Or penises, which is why it likely watched.

Surtur
Don't spiders have dicks? Even cosmic spiders? Did the cosmic turtle bite it off?

Kazenji
Spider Lady's just as bad.

ares834
http://i.imgur.com/AnybP6l.jpg

Ben is the best character in the book. thumb up

riv6672
He wasnt bad.

riv6672
http://consequenceofsound.net/2016/02/two-part-remake-of-stephen-kings-it-to-finally-film-this-year-get-r-rating/

...According to the blurb on top of page, IT is going to be a 2 part movie and rated R.

Impediment
7no56Zw1e20

Surtur
Hmm, looks okay I guess.

NemeBro
They all float down here.

Will they include the prepubescent gang bang in this version? These are the questions we should be asking.

NemeBro
Originally posted by ares834
Ben is the best character in the book. thumb up He was kind of a massive ****ing badass. thumb up

Surtur
I couldn't help laughing at the point in the trailer where the little kid bumps his head on that thing blocking the road.

Stupid little kid, can't avoid things in the road, can't avoid ancient cosmic spiders older than time and space either. Can he do anything?

NemeBro
I couldn't help laughing at the point in the trailer where the little kid bumps his head on that thing blocking the road.

Stupid little kid, can't avoid things in the road, can't avoid ancient cosmic spiders older than time and space either. Can he do anything? Not anymore he can't.

Bashar Teg
looks like another top notch hollywood abortion.

marwash22
nope. nope. nope. nope. nope. nope. nope. nope. nope. nope. nope. nope. nope. nope. nope. nope. nope. nope. nope. nope. nope. nope. nope. nope. nope. nope. nope. nope. nope. nope. nope. nope. nope. nope. nope. nope. nope. nope. nope. nope. nope. nope. nope. nope. nope. nope. nope. nope. nope. nope. nope. nope. nope. nope. nope. nope. nope. nope. nope. nope. nope. nope. nope. nope. nope. nope. nope. nope. nope. nope. nope. nope.

nah man.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
looks like another top notch hollywood abortion.

laughing out loud laughing

I don't know if I'd go that far, but that was funny.. haha. I'm gonna have to use that. Do you mind? laughing out loud

Bashar Teg
i'm just a thief who stole it from another thief, so go ahead.

Patient_Leech
Fair enough.

Trocity
Cautiously optimistic. Don't think they will get Pennywise right, but it doesn't really look like they are going for the same particular kind of sadistic personality, anyway. Pennywise was great because he seemed friendly and happy when first appearing to the kids, and then he flips like a switch and becomes freaky when they look closer and see what he really is.

This Pennywise seems like he is going to be eerie from the get-go.

Surtur
I would have liked to hear how Pennywise sounds..for some reason that is important, his voice.

Otherwise I just imagine Tim Curry's voice.

Impediment
This film needs to be in two parts, else a shit ton of rewritting will have to be done.

Surtur
For me, the most interesting part is when they are kids. So if I had to do it in one movie, I'd make it 90% taking place as kids, with at the end it shows the final confrontation as adults.

jaden101

Stupid little kid, can't avoid things in the road, can't avoid ancient cosmic spiders older than time and space either. Can he do anything?

He can float down there.

Surtur
Originally posted by jaden101
He can float down there.

Friggin millenials, so lazy, content to just float around all day.

Kazenji
Haven't read the book this is based on it, Only going by the previous Adaption but the Clown for me isn't supposed to be super ****en creepy

suppose have a happy look for pennywise to lure the kids in and then Bam!!, He has them.

Surtur
Originally posted by Kazenji
Haven't read the book this is based on it, Only going by the previous Adaption but the Clown for me isn't supposed to be super ****en creepy

suppose have a happy look for pennywise to lure the kids in and then Bam!!, He has them.

Sure he is, what else is this supposed to be?

A3ZbnfXEuyc

Kazenji
Sure he is, what else is this supposed to be?

Except the one in the remake is heaps more creepy.

Surtur
We haven't seen much of him besides some jump scares.

Kazenji
And picture's tell alot of things.

Surtur
Yeah, but his personality and manner of speech really deliver. I'm not sure if they are gonna go just for the creepy...or if it's gonna be creepy, but the creepiness comes in part from the monster trying to be witty and funny.

Zack M
I dig it.

Surtur
Something I noticed that it talks about both missing adults and children. I thought IT liked to eat kids though? Though I guess technically if he was desperate he could eat an adult.

playa1258
I think It prefers kids for some reason.

Bashar Teg
he's able to mess with kids' minds easily, while adults seem numbed to his telepathy...iirc

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by playa1258
I think Quan prefers kids for some reason.

Fixed.

Surtur

You might be right, perhaps because they are easier to scare.

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
he's able to mess with kids' minds easily, while adults seem numbed to his telepathy...iirc

Yeah, I remember it just made the adults more or less indifferent to the stuff that was going on.

Impediment
IT prefers children because scaring them is like "salting the meat" before he eats them.

jinXed by JaNx

It prefers Children because "IT" has no power over those that don't believe in it.

steverules_2
So they're doing 2 parts again?

|King Joker|
It's probably just gonna be a cliche jump-scare type movie.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by steverules_2

Yeah, assuming the first one doesn't flop.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by steverules_2

As far as i know they intended to see how well the first did, but that changed and they're already starting pre-production on the sequel.

Surtur
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
It prefers Children because "IT" has no power over those that don't believe in it.

So then there were adults that believed in IT during the time the losers club were children?

steverules_2
It could feed on adults just as easily as children, but it preferred children because their fears were easier to embody into a single shape, making hunting easier.

Surtur
I just wonder if this movie can surpass this top notch acting:

psSGL5d9mls

Is it ironic that at the end the balloon..doesn't seem to float?

Kazenji
I want to see IT's spider form for this, See if its done better then the first attempt.

NemeBro
Something I noticed that it talks about both missing adults and children. I thought IT liked to eat kids though? Though I guess technically if he was desperate he could eat an adult. It in the novel also killed quite a few adults. One that I know occurred in the first miniseries is when It killed the security guard holding Henry Bowers in the asylum.

jaden101
q-0PnsATSbc

ares834
Nice clip. Certainly seems to be a more faithful adaptation even if it only focuses on the kids.

jaden101
xKJmEC5ieOk

Adam Grimes
The book is so phucking extense that I don't really think a movie can do it justice. This looks very good and all but a lot of content is gonna get lost in the way most likely.

riv6672
That doesn't really bother me. The movie will be able to do things the book couldnt, too.
Different mediums, different advantages.

Talon Fang
I just wonder if this movie can surpass this top notch acting:

psSGL5d9mls

Is it ironic that at the end the balloon..doesn't seem to float?

Tim Curry is the only thing that made watching that TV Special Worth While back in the 90's.

Surtur
It's just hard to believe the same guy who did that also did...Congo.

Flyattractor
There is a good 15 or so minutes of Congo that didn't suck...kinda...

Kazenji
I read somewhere that they're splitting the movie up into 2 parts, Similar to the TV special.

Darth Thor
^ Yeah, first part mainly showcasing them as kids.

Only risk is if the first one flops at the box office.

Surtur
The first film no doubt ends with a tastefully done preteen orgy in a sewer.

Kazenji
Just looked that up regarding the novel....wow

Quincy
This second trailer had a lot of jump scares. It's almost verbatim the classic eerie atmosphere Stephen King had created. Like this, my favorite passage:

"And he is walking through the room and then PENNYWISE JUMPS OUT AHH!"

It's like seeing the magic come to life.

Adam Grimes
The first film no doubt ends with a tastefully done preteen orgy in a sewer. Yeah pretty weird tbh. Thankfully I don't think they're going there.

Patient_Leech
It's just hard to believe the same guy who did that also did...Congo.

Hey, Congo is a great book. I think it worked much better on paper than on film.

Surtur
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Hey, Congo is a great book. I think it worked much better on paper than on film.

Congo the movie isn't exactly horrible, I mean they shoot a laser beam powered by a diamond at evil apes. Though the main ape in the movie looks horrifying to behold, and then they make it talk.

But Tim Curry's accent...

-S8pryWP7mA

erm

Kazenji

The movie version should've worked with all the known people involved with it, But for some reason it just didn't.

Surtur
The movie version should've worked with all the known people involved with it, But for some reason it just didn't.

It does have this one funny scene that just comes right the f*ck out of nowhere.

8fbGbPwKbQA

Kazenji
The director of this movie wants to remake Pet Sematary next

http://screenrant.com/it-director-pet-sematary-remake-plans/

Flyattractor
But the first one is perfectly Hilarious!

BruceSkywalker
will see this if its highly recommended

Patient_Leech

Maybe it will get a proper adaptation some day.

Esau Cairn
Maybe it will get a proper adaptation some day.

Too many Goddamn ape movies already for a Congo remake to stand out.

And I say that with utter fondness for every ape movie ever made.

carthage
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xu3UHqbabWk

An extended featurette of the boat scene, and the kids discussing their fears/the town

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMMYhIc9cp8

A little behind the scenes of the camerawork

Flyattractor
So what are the chances that this REMAKE will actually be "Good"...unlike every other current remake.

jaden101
Originally posted by Flyattractor
So what are the chances that this REMAKE will actually be "Good"...unlike every other current remake.

There's plenty "good" relatively recent remakes

The Girl with the dragon tattoo
Let me in
The Departed
I am Legend

Impediment

The Girl with the dragon tattoo
Let me in
The Departed
I am Legend

I am Legend was........meh.

Adam Grimes
Well tbf the original wasn't that good either, but yeah it was weak.

Flyattractor

You had to put GOOD in quotes. That means none of those are GOOD!

jaden101
Originally posted by Flyattractor
You had to put GOOD in quotes. That means none of those are GOOD!

Nah.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Well tbf the original wasn't that good either, but yeah it was weak.

Which one for I AM LEgend?

there's a couple of them.

Impediment
Richard Matheson's I am Legend is amazing. My favorite author.

carthage
King really loved the film and went and saw it twice

http://screenrant.com/stephen-king-it-movie-response-praise/

Flyattractor
Nah.

Yah.

NemeBro
Originally posted by carthage
King really loved the film and went and saw it twice

http://screenrant.com/stephen-king-it-movie-response-praise/ This may or may not be a good thing.

Kazenji
HjMTqZA6un8

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Impediment
Richard Matheson's I am Legend is amazing. My favorite author.

That's a great book. thumb up

So this is getting great reviews, wow...

jaden101
HjMTqZA6un8

That guy is ****ing dreadful at movie reviews.

Kazenji
That guy is ****ing dreadful at movie reviews.

Cool story bro.

Dramatic Gecko
Damn that was a good movie!

Quincy
Originally posted by Dramatic Gecko
Damn that was a good movie!

Flyattractor
So I take it this is just "IT" pt 1? The Kid half ? So the Next part isn't really a Sequel but just the actual continuation of the "Same Story"?!

Ugh.

Mindset
Yes

StiltmanFTW
Good, enjoyable movie.

Especially the first half.

Ascendancy
Interesting seeing positive reviews without much detail, but that also likely indicates it had a lot going for it as a complete movie rather than just really good elements here and there that made you forget about the bad.

StiltmanFTW
It definitely wasn't a waste of time.

But, the chapter I thing? I'm not sure if that's gonna work.

tkitna
Havent seen it, but a few buddies said it was good and was giving it about a 7 out of 10.

StiltmanFTW
Yeah, I'd give it 7/10, too.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
It definitely wasn't a waste of time.

But, the chapter I thing? I'm not sure if that's gonna work. It'll work perfectly, that's exactly what the original miniseries did and having them all come back grown up is a unique and effective method of story telling.

This movie was phenomenal. Probably the best theatrically released horror movie I've seen in a few years. It was cool how it didn't hold back on the gore. It was open season on those kids.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Arachnid1
It'll work perfectly, that's exactly what the original miniseries did and having them all come back grown up is a unique and effective method of story telling.

This movie was phenomenal. Probably the best theatrically released horror movie I've seen in a few years. It was cool how it didn't hold back on the gore. It was open season on those kids.

Hey, I hope you're right.

In fact, your post got me excited for more.

playa1258
Really good movie. 8.5 from me.

Arachnid1
Hey, I hope you're right.

In fact, your post got me excited for more. https://m.popkey.co/96f7cb/EG0ZD.gif

quanchi112
Saw it. Theatre was extremely crowded.

StiltmanFTW
Crowded? Well, I can imagine it diminished your experience, then.

Or not?

BruceSkywalker
may see this after all

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
may see this after all

See it. It's not a disappointment.

Just be ready, second half of the movie is pretty mediocre, imo.

quanchi112
Crowded? Well, I can imagine it diminished your experience, then.

Or not? No, it was a well behaved crowd. Felt like Star Wars night. People everywhere at this place.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by quanchi112
No, it was a well behaved crowd. Felt like Star Wars night. People everywhere at this place.

So they behaved, then?

Can't say the same about my crowd - and trust me, I'm not that demanding.

quanchi112
So they behaved, then?

Can't say the same about my crowd - and trust me, I'm not that demanding. Yes, but I hardly ever see movies on Friday night and I'm comparing it to the force awakens release that first night I believe a Thursday.

Kazenji

But, the chapter I thing? I'm not sure if that's gonna work.

Better then attempting to cram a 1,138 page novel int a 1 or 2 hour movie

Splitting it up is the better way to go.

Flyattractor
Better then attempting to cram a 1,138 page novel int a 1 or 2 hour movie

Splitting it up is the better way to go.

That has always been my prob with Kings' Books. He is just to wordy of a bastard!!!!!!!!!!

Kazenji
Anyway its good to see that there's someone other then Frank Darabont that can adapt King's novels in a good way.

Estacado
Really want to see this but most of the theaters dubbed it and Pennywise's hungarian sound is meh.....sad

StiltmanFTW
Dubbing sucks in all countries, to be fair.

Had no idea you're Hungarian, btw. I'm Polish. We're almost neighbours, lol.

Flyattractor
I will see this but I may wait till both parts are out.

wakkawakkawakka
I went to see this and there was quite a large crowd especially for the early afternoon.

Though "IT" was a good time and not holding back on the kids when it came to the gore was a plus. I will say that the CG for Pennywise looked awkward in later parts of the film.

The Nuul
so i was in line last night to buy tickets for wind river.... this asian lady was ahead of my buying a single ticket for her 8 year old son, she didn't want to see this scary movie but the guy behind the counter said she has to buy a ticket and go in with her son so she did and went in to the movie

good parenting me thinks thumb up

carthage
Exceptional film

The kids were all great, they captured the sinister aspect of Pennywise, and the updated setting blew away the 60s miniseries. The kids banter was the best part and for 35 million dollars the film was shot beautifully and had great effects. Definitely in my top 10

Zack M
Really good movie. Its also killing it at the BO. Another R rated winner.,

playa1258
Film is headed to an opening of over $120 million.

One of the most shocking openings ever.

Flyattractor
...Really? That seems kimda sad....

riv6672
Film is headed to an opening of over $120 million.

One of the most shocking openings ever.
Is that a good number?
I watched it in a packed theater, which i usually avoid, but someone invited/paid my way so why not.
One of the most respectful crowds i've ever been in; everyone was completely engrossed in the movie.
Was a fun experience!

playa1258
Massive for a R rated film without 3-d and some parts of the US being unable to go to a movie.

playa1258
Opens to a massive OW of $117 million. Actual are expected to go up as WB is playing it cautious and overestimating the Sunday drop.

WB is having a great year.

quanchi112
Great news. Box office needed a hit lately and I grew up on horror films.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>