Keeping yout head.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JBL
If superman had the ebony blade and had to try and cut off the opponents head, who could withstand the strike and keep their head on their body? No force fields or nothing, neck must be hit with the blade and superman is pissed.

golem370
Nobody outside Cosmic Beings aka Galactus.

ShadowFyre
What about abstracts? Shuma, Cytorrak? Does it really matter if its Superman? How much is strength and how much is the blade?

I think Cyyorrak, Shuma etc. In their own realm and anybody above that I suppose.

Digi
EB is no joke against magic. It is every bit as important to this equation as Superman; maybe more so. Even some uber magical MFers might be in trouble. I'm on board with saying abstracts survive, but someone like Cytorrak? A one-shot might be overstatement, but man I'm thinking about it.

golem370
Well speed+strength+sword. In their own realms Higher demons / elder gods are suppose to be near omnipotent so not sure there.

Digi
Forget the speed and strength, tbh. The EB can legit just f*ck with dudes at least up to Skyfather level. You or I wielding the thing with a clear shot at a high herald could do legit damage. This thread is more about the EB's limit than Superman's. Because once you get into semi-abstract, beings can reform and are somewhat metaphysical, so it's more about what the sword can do to disrupt that than what Superman can do. Anyone at or below Skyfather is f*cked, though.

Galan007
Wasn't the EB used to deliver the proverbial 'killing stroke' to Nemesis(aka. The Infinity Being)..? If so, it is indeed a bonafide abstract-buster.

Digi
I only vaguely recall that. I did some research on the EB for a tourney once, but was never a true expert. It scared the hell out of Zeus, though, and stalemated him while wielded by a chump (compared to Superman, at least).

Sin I AM
Is strength even needed when wielding the blade? Dane isn't exactly an elite strong man and I'm sure he could wreck some high end dudes

Digi
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Is strength even needed when wielding the blade? Dane isn't exactly an elite strong man and I'm sure he could wreck some high end dudes

thumb up See also: the Zeus feat. So yeah, that's kinda my point.

Galan007
Originally posted by Digi
I only vaguely recall that. I did some research on the EB for a tourney once, but was never a true expert. It scared the hell out of Zeus, though, and stalemated him while wielded by a chump (compared to Superman, at least). thumb up

Here's the showing I was referring to:
http://i.imgur.com/KqGxteC.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/5KJ27dU.jpg

The EB is haxx. Very, very haxx. If Dane could do that... Just imagine what f*cking Superman could do. g_twitch

Digi
Yeah, Christ, I don't think I've ever seen that feat. Doesn't surprise me, though. The EB is a bad MFer. People used to scoff at me when I said I'd take it over Mjolnir. But there's your proof, among its many, many other feats.

abhilegend
It also killed Seth who had absorbed the power of entire Egyptian pantheon in one shot.

zopzop
Originally posted by abhilegend
It also killed Seth who had absorbed the power of entire Egyptian pantheon in one shot.
thumb up

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Galan007
thumb up

Here's the showing I was referring to:
http://i.imgur.com/KqGxteC.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/5KJ27dU.jpg

The EB is haxx. Very, very haxx. If Dane could do that... Just imagine what f*cking Superman could do. g_twitch

The EB is hax but i wouldn't take it over MJ. Too many negligible features to offset. Plus MJ provides that stat amp that you need to relevant

zopzop
Originally posted by Sin I AM
The EB is hax but i wouldn't take it over MJ. Too many negligible features to offset. Plus MJ provides that stat amp that you need to relevant
Ebony Blade can stat amp with the best of them (depending on how evil you want to get).

Sin I AM
Originally posted by zopzop
Ebony Blade can stat amp with the best of them (depending on how evil you want to get).

What's the biggest amp bloodwraith? If so id pass.

golem370
Proctor was pretty powerful

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.