Best Training Regimen

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
Rank these training regimens from worst to best.

Clone Trooper Training

Imperial Stormtrooper Training

First Order Stormtrooper Training

Imperial Royal Guard Training

Rebel Soldier Training

Rebel SpecForce Training

Shadow Guard Training

Jedi Knight Training

Inquisitor Training

Resistance Soldier Training

Zenwolf
The Jedi have all the same training though?

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Zenwolf
The Jedi have all the same training though? I thought each rank barring master had different training?

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Jmanghan
I thought each rank barring master had different training?

Oh...wait I see what you mean. Alright, got it.

Edit: Wait Legends or Canon?

Jmanghan
Oh...wait I see what you mean. Alright, got it.

Edit: Wait Legends or Canon? DAMNIT MAN, I JUST EDITED IT THINKING YOU HAD A POINT, DAMNIT! xD

Zenwolf
DAMNIT MAN, I JUST EDITED IT THINKING YOU HAD A POINT, DAMNIT! xD

So is this Legends then?

Although I'm not sure you could compare them all, as some are really different compared to others.

Jmanghan
Not sure what you mean.

Zenwolf
As far as structure goes, some do things the others can't or just don't do.

Now is this Legends or Canon?

That also would make things rather weird in ranking them. I see you have both Canon and Legends factions in there, but still.

Jmanghan
As far as structure goes, some do things the others can't or just don't do.

Now is this Legends or Canon?

That also would make things rather weird in ranking them. I see you have both Canon and Legends factions in there, but still. Legends for the ones who are Legends, canon for the ones who are canon.

Zenwolf
........Ok I think I get what you mean.....

Legends Training

1. Jedi Knight

2. Shadow Guard

3. Inquisitor

4. Royal Guard

5. Clone*

6. Storm*

7. Rebel SpecForce*

8. Rebel Trooper

Canon Training

1. Jedi Knight

2. Inquisitor

3. Royal Guard???

4. Clone

5. FO Storm

6. GE Storm

7. Rebel/Resistance Trooper???

The * on Legends, their differences in training is pretty negligible as I've gathered.

The ??? on Canon, not really sure given we have little information.

Jmanghan

Legends Training

1. Jedi Knight

2. Shadow Guard

3. Inquisitor

4. Royal Guard

5. Clone*

6. Storm*

7. Rebel SpecForce*

8. Rebel Trooper

Canon Training

1. Jedi Knight

2. Inquisitor

3. Royal Guard???

4. Clone

5. FO Storm

6. GE Storm

The * on Legends, their differences in training is pretty negligible as I've gathered.

...No

Just rank the ones that started in Legends AS Legends, but include the canon only ones during that list as canon, but keep them in the same list.

For example, if something started in legends or canon, have them in the SAME list.

I'm talking about the harshness and effectiveness of their training and how it develops them as a whole.

relentless1
Sith training >>> Jedi training

Jmanghan

Legends Training

1. Jedi Knight

2. Shadow Guard

3. Inquisitor

4. Royal Guard

5. Clone*

6. Storm*

7. Rebel SpecForce*

8. Rebel Trooper

Canon Training

1. Jedi Knight

2. Inquisitor

3. Royal Guard???

4. Clone

5. FO Storm

6. GE Storm

You have the Clones above the First Order?

They by FAR have a harder training regimen.

Zenwolf
...No

Just rank the ones that started in Legends AS Legends, but include the canon only ones during that list as canon, but keep them in the same list.

For example, if something started in legends or canon, have them in the SAME list.

I'm talking about the harshness and effectiveness of their training and how it develops them as a whole.

Alright..

Zenwolf
Training List

1. Jedi Knight

2. Shadow Guard

3. Inquisitor

4. Royal Guard

5. Clone*

6. Storm*

7. Rebel SpecForce*

8. FO Storm

9. Rebel Trooper

10. Resistance Trooper???

Jmanghan
Training List

1. Jedi Knight

2. Shadow Guard

3. Inquisitor

4. Royal Guard

5. Clone*

6. Storm*

7. Rebel SpecForce*

8. FO Storm

9. Rebel Trooper

10. Resistance Trooper??? The other list is good too.

Why are the Clones above the FO though?

Zenwolf
The other list is good too.

Why are the Clones above the FO though?

Because what little information we have on the FO, I don't feel puts them above Clones, especially Legends.

Jmanghan
Because what little information we have on the FO, I don't feel puts them above Clones, especially Legends. Arent they trained from birth to be Jedi-Fighting Supersoldiers?

Zenwolf
Arent they trained from birth to be Jedi-Fighting Supersoldiers?

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Their training was inspired by Canon Jedi teachings...that's kinda vague, they have Riot Troopers, which are fine and dandy but the Clones have their own variants which are superior to them and a greater variety. That and they still died to blaster fire.

Clones as of Legends are just greater in general, but then most things in Legends are greater than Canon.

Jmanghan
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Their training was inspired by Jedi teachings...that's kinda vague, they have Riot Troopers, which are fine and dandy but the Clones have their own variants which are superior to them and a greater variety. That and they still died to blaster fire, so... When Myth gets on, we're going to tear that argument to pieces.

Zenwolf
When Myth gets on, we're going to tear that argument to pieces.

What argument? I'm just merely stating why I think that Legends Clones > FO Storms.

That's true for a lot of Legends stuff > Canon stuff at the moment.

Jmanghan
What argument? I'm just merely stating why I think that Legends Clones > FO Storms.

That's true for a lot of Legends stuff > Canon stuff at the moment. So what about Canon Clones?... What about Imperial StormTroopers???

Like wtf.

Zenwolf
So what about Canon Clones?... What about Imperial StormTroopers???

Like wtf.

Canon? Sure I could see FO Storms being better.

Jmanghan
Canon? Sure I could see FO Storms being better. Then why did you rank them higher then the First Order?

Zenwolf
Then why did you rank them higher then the First Order?

Could is the keyword here J.

The FO Troops, for me need to show more than just what they showed in TFA to be above the Clones who have 2 movies and an entire animated series.

Jmanghan
Could is the keyword here J.

The FO Troops, for me need to show more than just what they showed in TFA to be above the Clones who have 2 movies and an entire animated series. Thats why you use the canon novels and stuff.

Finn has stomped his peers in Melee Combat in seconds with his riot gear, and their training goes more in-depth in the novel.

Zenwolf
Thats why you use the canon novels and stuff.

Finn has stomped his peers in Melee Combat in seconds with his riot gear, and their training goes more in-depth in the novel.

Ok but melee combat doesn't translate to every other capacity of a trooper. Bringing up melee combat doesn't tell me anything...other than they are good at melee combat.

Jmanghan
Ok but melee combat doesn't translate to every other capacity of a trooper. Bringing up melee combat doesn't tell me anything...other than they are good at melee combat. And they were trained to be Supersoldiers, which only Clone Force 99 achieved.

Zenwolf
And they were trained to be Supersoldiers, which only Clone Force 99 achieved.

Yet have they shown anything super? Doesn't seem like it, their one appearance in TFA hasn't shown them doing anything that a Clone or GE Storm couldn't do other than the one Riot Trooper.

Jmanghan
Yet have they shown anything super? Doesn't seem like it, their one appearance in TFA hasn't shown them doing anything that a Clone or GE Storm couldn't do other than the one Riot Trooper. It doesn't matter, they're described as Supersoldiers.

Zenwolf
It doesn't matter, they're described as Supersoldiers.

Ok but until they actually show that and more info, I'm sticking with the list.

Jmanghan
Ok but until they actually show that and more info, I'm sticking with the list. Injuring Kylo Ren with an unfamiliar weapon puts them as Supersoldiers.

Zenwolf
Injuring Kylo Ren with an unfamiliar weapon puts them as Supersoldiers.

Finn isn't the average FO Stormtrooper. Plus swinging a weapon and injuring someone doesn't label anyone has a super soldier..especially when the opponent was toying around, wounded and mentally unstable at the time.

Anyway I'm done here, if this is all the discussion is gonna be about.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.