Maul vs Malak (Force only)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ziggystardust
?

DarthAnt66
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11114/111140132/4511378-8021198610-38267.gif

Malak, but Maul's damn powerful too.

darthbane77
Malak, though not easily.

Nephthys
Maul.

Malak stunning Leviathan Revan is hardly a compelling point in his favor when the latter has done nothing of note by that point.

DarthAnt66
Mid-game Revan is probably better than Zannah, in all honesty.

Nephthys
A twenty-page thread and your own hysterics say otherwise.

DarthAnt66
Last time I checked, I won that. mmm

I'm open to another Revan vs Darth Zannah debate, if you're down. thumb up

laughing out loud

But let's face it, Neph. Since that debate, the Revanites have only grown, and Bane has only fell.

Nephthys
You yourself admit that your arguments were trash.

I've neither time nor inclination to get into a protracted debate. The last one already proved the uselessness of the discussion.

Ziggystardust
There's no need to steer off topic or swing below the belt.

Now the way I see it, there's a simple comparison to be made. Malak has stunned Revan, who should be more powerful and - rather vastly - more knowledgable than Maul at that point. He did so for a fair period of time and apparently on a whim. On the other hand, Maul can not even maintain a simple Force Grip over the Seventh Sister - without visible strain. You tell me who's better.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Nephthys
You yourself admit that your arguments were trash.

I've neither time nor inclination to get into a protracted debate. The last one already proved the uselessness of the discussion.
Yeah, but your arguments moreso, lmfao.

Nephthys
A brain-damaged Revan with scarcely any training would certainly not be more knowledgeable than Maul.

Ziggystardust
You have a higher opinion of Maul than I do. But dare I say the feat comparison is still there.

You see, when Rebels showed us Maul struggling to keep the Seventh Sister aloft, it essentially creates a glass ceiling that tells us he's really not that impressive and hasn't become more impressive over time. That's his limit and he can not go any higher than that, and thus, is worse than Malak when it comes to Force powers.

chingchangwalla
Malak has more variety

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Ziggystardust
You have a higher opinion of Maul than I do. But dare I say the feat comparison is still there.

You see, when Rebels showed us Maul struggling to keep the Seventh Sister aloft, it essentially creates a glass ceiling that tells us he's really not that impressive and hasn't become more impressive over time. That's his limit and he can not go any higher than that, and thus, is worse than Malak when it comes to Force powers.

Wait? Maul struggled against the Seventh Sister? Must have missed that part. I remember him ragdolling and killing her pretty easily. Despite getting frustrated over Ezra not doing the deed.

chingchangwalla
Yeah Ziggy, I don't think he was ever struggling against the Seventh Sister; Just using an angry voice to tell Ezra to strike her down.

Ziggystardust
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Wait? Maul struggled against the Seventh Sister? Must have missed that part. I remember him ragdolling and killing her pretty easily. Despite getting frustrated over Ezra not doing the deed.

That is one interpretation of said events. But just because you have a favourable view of the scene does not make that view correct, or most correct . There is no secondary material describing, conjecturing upon or translating Maul's efforts against the Seventh Sister from an internal perspective - and as such - it's left open to a nice range of borderline cases. There are some rather indisputable facts regarding the action seen on-screen however.

1) Maul grips her at 0:55 keeps her in hand for around 20 seconds

2) He grimaces at 1:16 and throws his lightsaber.

3) At 1:23 you can certainly hear a short gasp of breath directly afterwards

4) at 1:28 there is another between sentences.

Your view when looking at said material is that Maul was simply frustrated, perhaps even angry at Ezra for not killing her. The somewhat plausible excuse for points one and two above, is not that he's too weak to hold her in a Force grip for any extensive period of time... but just the's just pissed off - despite not having a particularly pissed off tone. But what are the excuses are there for points three and four? Did he contract lung cancer or asthmatic problems from deathstick abuse, or does he simply have a blocked nose? Please remember that Maul is still donning his Machiavellian cloak here. He wants to move Ezra, and doesn't seem to have much intention of removing said cloak before manipulating him. It's unlikely that he'd throw a tantrum with Ezra in ear shot, as evidenced the remarks made directly after killing the inquisitor.

"The next time you hesitate like that, it may cost you your life... or the lives of your friends"

So I ask you to look at the scene again and take in regard the facts before making the most logical conclusion, rather than just giving undeserved pardon to characters you may hold in high esteem, because it is clear we're looking at a struggle for Maul, instead of contempt for Ezra.

Darth Thor
^ Well 20 seconds is quite a long time to be choking and levitating another force user is it not?

And the way he initiated that choke so easily, without even needing to resort to Sabers, shows how laughably out of her league he is tbh.

But I agree so far he doesn't seemed to have improved much since SOD, if at all.

DarthDuelist9
Originally posted by Ziggystardust
That is one interpretation of said events. But just because you have a favourable view of the scene does not make that view correct, or most correct . There is no secondary material describing, conjecturing upon or translating Maul's efforts against the Seventh Sister from an internal perspective - and as such - it's left open to a nice range of borderline cases. There are some rather indisputable facts regarding the action seen on-screen however.

1) Maul grips her at 0:55 keeps her in hand for around 20 seconds

2) He grimaces at 1:16 and throws his lightsaber.

3) At 1:23 you can certainly hear a short gasp of breath directly afterwards

4) at 1:28 there is another between sentences.

Your view when looking at said material is that Maul was simply frustrated, perhaps even angry at Ezra for not killing her. The somewhat plausible excuse for points one and two above, is not that he's too weak to hold her in a Force grip for any extensive period of time... but just the's just pissed off - despite not having a particularly pissed off tone. But what are the excuses are there for points three and four? Did he contract lung cancer or asthmatic problems from deathstick abuse, or does he simply have a blocked nose? Please remember that Maul is still donning his Machiavellian cloak here. He wants to move Ezra, and doesn't seem to have much intention of removing said cloak before manipulating him. It's unlikely that he'd throw a tantrum with Ezra in ear shot, as evidenced the remarks made directly after killing the inquisitor.

"The next time you hesitate like that, it may cost you your life... or the lives of your friends"

So I ask you to look at the scene again and take in regard the facts before making the most logical conclusion, rather than just giving undeserved pardon to characters you may hold in high esteem, because it is clear we're looking at a struggle for Maul, instead of contempt for Ezra.

He wants to lure Ezra to the Dark Side, he's obviously going to be angry/frustrated when Ezra fails his test (kiling the Seventh Sister), there is no indication that he has trouble holding the Seventh Sister in place. Him then reminding Ezra that the next time it may cost him the lives of his friends is just further pushing him to the Dark Side because Maul knows that Ezra actually cares about them.

SunRazer
Besides, these false signs of Maul's fatigue occur when/after he utilizes Saber Throw, which he's doing as he Grips the Sister. So you'd have to factor in the Saber Throw, not just Force Grip.

Maul wasn't strained anyway.

|King Joker|
Also, in preparation for the saber throw, Maul sort of locks her in the air without needing a gesture to keep her there, which seems to be a new ability for him.

ILS
Ziggy is letting his immensely unhealthy fascination with me taint his posts. I'm sure he doesn't actually have so few brain cells as to believe Maul had difficulty there.

Still, it's free entertainment.

Darth Thor
Yeah tbh it does take some effort to attempt to lowball Maul in that scene.

Beniboybling
Given that Malak gets his ass whooped by Revan not long after the Leviathan, despite possessing every advantage, Malak stunning seems more a demonstration of greater Force mastery than power.

On the other hand Maul has all around better feats, but Malak's drain might tip the scales.

Ziggystardust

Ursumeles
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11114/111140132/4511378-8021198610-38267.gif

I agree with that.
@Ziggy your reasoning, for Maul "not even touching Malak in the Force department?

McP

QuakeBlood
up

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by DarthAnt66

Azronger
Malak has Lightning, so he could very well win with that if he is smart and combines it with a more lethal attack.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Azronger
Malak has Lightningkek

Azronger
Originally posted by Beniboybling
kek

It has been Maul's weakness for a long time, yeah.

cs_zoltan
Originally posted by Beniboybling
kek

Azronger
But it's true. sad

SunRazer
How so?

Azronger
When confronted with low-tier Nightsister Lightning, he failed to catch it on to his lightsaber and fell to his knees in pain. It took him a few moments to get to his feet, so if Malak captalizes on his momentary vulnerability with a lethal strike, then Maul's done for.

SunRazer
How is Malak landing a lethal strike in Force-only? He doesn't have access to his lightsaber here.

And the Nightsisters were originally designed to be an extremely powerful race of witches, not like the shit we have now.

Zenwolf
That and since this is Force only, I can't see Maul trying to engage in melee, which was the only reason he was brought down by Mighella's(who wasn't really a low-tier Nightsister) lighting anyway as he was already mid-jump and basically point blank range.

Also another notch for Legends, about the Nightsisters!

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by Zenwolf
That and since this is Force only, I can't see Maul trying to engage in melee, which was the only reason he was brought down by Mighella's(who wasn't really a low-tier Nightsister) lighting anyway as he was already mid-jump and basically point blank range.

Also another notch for Legends, about the Nightsisters!
Melee was also the only reason he was able to bisect her when she blasted him with lightning

Azronger
Originally posted by SunRazer
How is Malak landing a lethal strike in Force-only? He doesn't have access to his lightsaber here.

Brain fart. Derp. Yeah Maul wins. Lol.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.