Saba Sebatyne vs Kyle Katarn

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
1. Sabers

2. Force

3. All-Out

Who wins?

darthbane77
Saba, barely.
Kyle
Kyle
Very close fight.

UCanShootMyNova
Saba.
Kyle.
Kyle.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by darthbane77
Saba, barely.
Kyle
Kyle
Very close fight. Kyle's known more for his saber skills then his force powers.

NewGuy01
Once again irrelevant.

darthbane77
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Kyle's known more for his saber skills then his force powers. I know, but Saba's species advantage and ferocity comes into play in this duel. Saba could just bite his head off if it came down to it.

Deronn_solo
Kyle pretty much sweeps.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
Kyle pretty much sweeps.

chingchangwalla
Close in each category but Kyle should win

Fated Xtasy
Kyle's known more for his saber skills then his force powers.

erm

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
erm ...He is. It doesn't take a genius to know that.

Fated Xtasy
...He is. It doesn't take a genius to know that.

*Inhales*

He is able to use DarkShear an extremely potent Dark Side ability.

He is capable of Ragdolling Mara Jade with ease

Is more powerful than any other foe DS Jaden ever faced[this includes Ragnos, Vjun Rosh which is likely ten times more powerful than his normal self. Alora, the already powerful reborn and cultists)

He is capable of altering the enviroment by bending the winds to his will.

The third strongest of the Seven Dark Jedi feared him and his power.

He's confirmed to have mastered Force Lightning, Choke, Heal, and TK.

His passive barrier is capable of withstanding Tavions amped Force Lightning and TK enough so that he isn't completely in shock like Jaden.

*exhales.

So your statement is flat out wrong.

carthage
Lol what when did he ragdoll Mara?

Emperordmb
*Inhales*

He is able to use DarkShear an extremely potent Dark Side ability.

He is capable of Ragdolling Mara Jade with ease

Is more powerful than any other foe DS Jaden ever faced
I'm not one to just randomly hop to the defense of Jmangagienrhoqnerhgpmweioehnwrthan, but in this instance, I think you misunderstood what he was saying.

I'm pretty sure he was saying that Kyle is primarily and more specialized as a duelist than a Force wielder, not that Kyle's weak in that area, and as such he was surprised at Kyle being given the Force round but not the saber round.

NewGuy01
It's still bad reasoning.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by NewGuy01
It's still bad reasoning. All I said was, Kyle was known more for his Saber Skills then his Force Powers. :/

NewGuy01
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Once again irrelevant.

MythLord
Not quite seeing how Kyle sweeps. Anyways, Saba should at least take Force, Kyle has no way of hurting her.

Deronn_solo
Originally posted by MythLord
Kyle has no way of hurting her.
Ha! Next joke, pls.

MythLord
Well a lightsaber should do it, but not in Force only, tbh. Unless saber throw is allowed mmm

Fated Xtasy
Yeah. No.

MythLord
Focus on replying on Depa vs Plo, hon. thumb up

Emperordmb
Yeah seriously, I'm really pumped for an slaughter timing.

Fated Xtasy
Focus on replying on Depa vs Plo, hon. thumb up

Yeah yeah. Keep your socks on.

Deronn_solo
Well a lightsaber should do it, but not in Force only, tbh.

As I said before, nice joke. Saba isn't immune to getting her shit rocked by a superior telekenetic, or getting penetrated by a Dark Shear.

MythLord
Shame she's not facing a superior telekinetic, and certainly not one that would "rock her shit", and it's not really in-character for Katarn to just straight out abuse Darkshear.

Fated Xtasy
As I said before, nice joke. Saba isn't immune to getting her shit rocked by a superior telekenetic, or getting penetrated by a Dark Shear.

Dc. We should start the beardbros movement tbh yes

Deronn_solo
Dc. We should start the beardbros movement tbh yes

I'm too spent to lead such a cause at this point in my career, but I'm always here to offer support when needed, my dear.
Shame she's not facing a superior telekinetic

Yeah, she is.

and certainly not one that would "rock her shit"

I know you're one of the most wit challenged users here, but "rock her shit in", was obviously dysphemism for it can do damage to her person enough for him to win. Not imply a outright stomp of any kind.

and it's not really in-character for Katarn to just straight out abuse Darkshear.

Nice goal post move, fella. You said Katarn has no way of hurting Saba, which would include Darkshear, now you're saying he won't use it, rather than it won't hurt her, 'cause reasons? thumb up

FYI, Katarn is one of those Jedi that has a "ends justify the means" outlook on the Force, where, he doesn't see any Force power as "dark" or "light", and that only the end result in how you use said power that matter. He held that belief throughout his entire Jedi career as stated by Jaden Korr in Crosscurrent. So, in a situation where is only allowed to use the Force, you don't think he would pull out all the stops to win, including a power, for which, his opponent has no answer for?

Child please.

MythLord
Yeah, she is.

Proof, please.

I know you're one of the most wit challenged users here, but "rock her shit in", was obviously dysphemism for it can do damage to her person enough for him to win. Not imply a outright stomp of any kind.

"Rock her shit" kinda sounds lime you're implying a easy victory, tbh. I mean if it's a close match, he shouldn't be rocking anything. Don't blame because your wit can be interpreted in different ways, love.

Nice goal post move, fella. You said Katarn has no way of hurting Saba, which would include Darkshear, now you're saying he won't use it, rather than it won't hurt her, 'cause reasons? thumb up

FYI, Katarn is one of those Jedi that has a "ends justify the means" outlook on the Force, where, he doesn't see any Force power as "dark" or "light", and that only the end result in how you use said power that matter. He held that belief throughout his entire Jedi career as stated by Jaden Korr in Crosscurrent. So, in a situation where is only allowed to use the Force, you don't think he would pull out all the stops to win, including a power, for which, his opponent has no answer for?

Child please.

Honestly, I initially even forgot about Darkshear until you mentioned it.

Anyways, simply taking part in a battle doesn't mean a combatant will just suddenly pull out all the stops. When Sidious fought Yoda, did either of them use every ability at their disposal? When Vitiate fought Revan or HoT, was that the case? When Dooku fought Anakin aboard the Invisible Hand? Or maybe Palpatine against Luke in Dark Empire? Or in any of the dozens of other examples where Force users have multiple tricks of their sleeves, but just resort to TK and lightning... Are we to assume they aren't pulling out all the stops?

The fact is, Kyle had several oppertunities in his career to abuse Darkshear, yet didn't. The two times he did it was either: A) against Sarriss who forced him to do it by engaging him in a mental bout or B) against a distracted Boc Aseca, who was about to kill Kyle's ally, Jan Ors. So, even if Kyle uses Darkshear, I doubt it'd be for a majority.

Deronn_solo

Proof, please.

Superior telekinetic showings in ragdolling Tavion, holding up collapsed ceiling on DS nexus, and being significantly above the likes of Maw?

Originally posted by MythLord "Rock her shit" kinda sounds lime you're implying a easy victory, tbh. I mean if it's a close match, he shouldn't be rocking anything...

Whatever you say. I'm not going to argue the intent behind words, and semantics with you.

Honestly, I initially even forgot about Darkshear until you mentioned it.

Then simply concede you were wrong and move on. Moving the goal post in order to keep a debate going is pathetic, even for someone of your skill set.

Anyways, simply taking part in a battle doesn't mean a combatant will just suddenly pull out all the stops. When Sidious fought Yoda, did either of them use every ability at their disposal? When Vitiate fought Revan or HoT, was that the case? When Dooku fought Anakin aboard the Invisible Hand? Or maybe Palpatine against Luke in Dark Empire? Or in any of the dozens of other examples where Force users have multiple tricks of their sleeves, but just resort to TK and lightning... Are we to assume they aren't pulling out all the stops?

The main problem with this line of reasoning, is, literally none of the combatant were limited, or barred from using any sort of martial combat whatsoever like Kyle and Saba is now. So your argument doesn't exactly hold up against scrutiny here. Plus, if Kyle's TK or Lightning "can't hurt" (lmao) Saba like you say, why wouldn't he go for a power that he knows most Force sensitives has zero answer for?

The fact is, Kyle had several oppertunities in his career to abuse Darkshear, yet didn't. The two times he did it was either: A) against Sarriss who forced him to do it by engaging him in a mental bout or B) against a distracted Boc Aseca, who was about to kill Kyle's ally, Jan Ors. So, even if Kyle uses Darkshear, I doubt it'd be for a majority.

Again, with the goal post moving. Not once did I say Kyle would "abuse" DarkShear or use it for a majority. I simply listed as a ability he has at his disposal that he can use to gain a win, or hurt someone he couldn't (lmao).

Ursumeles
Up

SunRazer
Saba wins.

Ursumeles
Reasons? smile

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Ursumeles
Reasons? smile Yeah.

Ursumeles
What are your reasons? smile

MythLord
Originally posted by SunRazer
Saba wins.

yes

Ursumeles
smile smile smile
If Jacen gains Respect again, then I am happy.

Deronn_solo
Kyle sweeps.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.