Trans athletes: Unfair advantage?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
Specifically, female trans athletes.

I'm watching the Olympics now. A trans woman in a running event pretty much dominated the field..

Supposedly, hormone levels make the difference, and these can be tested. But they're not doing that this year, apparently. (Doesn't this open the door to steroid abuse?)

Sin I AM
Is she trans or just a woman with high levels of testosterone? Big diff

cdtm
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Is she trans or just a woman with high levels of testosterone? Big diff

Trans. The announcers wouldn't shut up about it, and soapboxed about the "unfairness" of it all to her (Like the women athletes "unfairly" complaining about having an unfair advantage..)

Surtur
It is unfair. They don't have men and women competing against each other for a reason: we tend to have a physical advantage over them.

If they will allow this then I don't see why they do not just have co-ed competitions then.

mike brown
I believe we should integrate the sports, personally. It seems to me like the obvious logical conclusion to the feminist campaign for true equality of the sexes which our modern society has developed. Some might argue that men will dominate the field and thus prevent most women from becoming professional athletes. A comparable analogy to this would be the change in racial demographics within sports when they were integrated racially. It just so happens that black athletes out compete their white counter parts statistically in a number of sports. Are we to return to segregation in the name of fairness to white athletes? Obviously not, and above all else it is imperative that sports remain one realm where success is based on athletic merit alone. A true application of this principle would be the integration of sports. You might not be able to conceive of a role for women in sports if we were to do so, but there are certain positions which don't require the build of a man. Wouldn't it be much more interesting to watch the first woman point guard who is good enough compete in the NBA manifest, a modern age "Jackie Robinson" so to speak?

I even have a slogan for the campaign to start this revolution in sports:
Even if you're a woman, be a man.

cdtm
I'll tell you this: Even back in my high school days, they allowed a girl to compete in wrestling.

To look at her competing in that sport, of all sports,, you'd laugh (Mainly because she was a knockout, and her own mother admitted it must be awkward for the guys wrestling her..)

Still, she was pretty competitive.

Withsensibility
Muh lgbt rights
Muh gender equality
Muh social constructs
Muh discrimination
Muh Womens studies

Case in point, a women has to work harder to be stronger than a man than a man does to be a strong athlete. They have ladies tees in golf ffs.

Tzeentch
Caster Semenya is not trans. After she swept the Olympics a few years back and butthurt European girls complained about it, she was banned from competing for awhile and had to take a bunch of gender tests.

No one is %100 sure why she's so much stronger then everyone else, but biologically she's a chick.

Withsensibility
Originally posted by Tzeentch

No one is %100 sure why she's so much stronger then everyone else High testosterone levels.

Surtur
I mean if they did co-ed sports people might actually show an interest in the WNBA again.

Bwahahaha, no they wouldn't, but still. The bottom line is it's totally unfair if you were born with a cock to be competing against people born with vajayjays. We need to stop encouraging these mental illnesses.

Darth Truculent
There is one sport where men and women are level on the playing field and that's the Ninja courses. But otherwise it is unfair. Try having a male pitcher who can a fastball at 95 mph in softball. Even though underhand the velocity would be insane. Very few women might be able to hit a 95 mph fastball

Surtur
What I love is how in the 1970's that had that match with two pro tennis players(a man and a woman) who competed and the woman won and it was like this big victory but..the guy she beat was an old dude past his prime. They didn't put the best female tennis player and the best male tennis player together and have them compete lol.

Withsensibility
Equality is a lie.

mike brown
Originally posted by Surtur
The bottom line is it's totally unfair if you were born with a cock to be competing against people born with vajayjays. We need to stop encouraging these mental illnesses. simply stating such doesn't make it so. It's just as fair as men and women competing for different jobs. We don't rule out female construction workers as a rule - it just happens to be that they are rare in that field. If men succeed more in sport than women then that might be a circumstance of statistical differences between the sexes. If anything, segregating the leagues based on this disparity is just patronizing. Which is also reflected in your sentiment that nobody cares about the WNBA. So nobody cares but we let the broads have their fun anyway so they get to compete too, right? How noble. Basically the special Olympics for people born with the unfortunate condition of having ovaries.

Surtur
Yep it has to do with what jobs they want to do and how long they want to work.

This is why the wage gap is more or less bullshit. People don't seem to get wages and earnings are not the same thing. Men and women in general have different work ethics and that is why men earn more.

Trocity
Originally posted by Withsensibility
Equality is a lie.

Pretty sure the US Men's U-17's beat the USWNT like 8-2 last year also.

Surtur
Originally posted by Trocity
Pretty sure the US Men's U-17's beat the USWNT like 8-2 last year also.

Lol wait I looked this up and the U-17's are men who are under the age of 17 and they STILL easily defeated professional female players? Hilarious.

Withsensibility
Best female players in the world got beat by boys who wont even reach the USA national soccer team, who are shit btw.

Imagine them against France or Portugal......heck I bet a team of Pele and Petr Cech while he was injured would still beat the womens USA professionals.

The Lost
Best female players in the world got beat by boys who wont even reach the USA national soccer team, who are shit btw.

Imagine them against France or Portugal......heck I bet a team of Pele and Petr Cech while he was injured would still beat the womens USA professionals.

Perhaps the female element of sports would garner more talent and attraction if there was as much money, attention, and focus within women's sports.

Withsensibility
Originally posted by The Lost
Perhaps the female element of sports would garner more talent and attraction if there was as much money, attention, and focus within women's sports. money and attention and focus comes as a result of talent and attraction.

in fact, this argument has been made since womens sports first became a thing....how do you think it became a thing in the first place? Yeah, people put money, attention and focus into forming female equivelents and female leagues, there was just one problem. Women arent very good at sports.

Some are, sure, but the majority are physically incapable of being as good as the average man and even the women who dedicate their lives to sport still have things like periods and pregnancy that the men dont have to deal with. These factors put women at a disadvantage whereas a mans body naturally produces higher levels of testosterone and adrenaline which are good for sports. This is why men have done sports and physical activity for millennia. This is before money, so i dont understand why you would even think that.

And this topic is about a trans woman. Someone with higher testosterone levels who doesnt lose part of their body every month. Obviously has a higher advantage which is why women compete in a different lesser league than men in the first place!

bluewaterrider

money and attention and focus comes as a result of talent and attraction.

And this topic is about a trans woman. Someone with higher testosterone levels who doesnt lose part of their body every month. Obviously has a higher advantage which is why women compete in a different lesser league than men in the first place!

confused

Unless you're referring to a period, I don't really understand what the quoted section of your post above means. "Lose part of their body"?

Also there are things of more nuance to consider than what Surtur and company are letting on. He laughs about the "Battle of the Sexes" tennis match held between Billie Jean King and Bobby Riggs, for instance. Of no significance because Bobby Riggs was an older guy? But that was precisely the point. The DEGREE to which there is disparity between men and women, not merely that there is one. Riggs winning would have been the equivalent of your Under 17 Soccer Boys beating the Women's team, and the first thing Surtur would have quoted. It went the "wrong" way, though, so he doesn't.

I suspect your argument about money is very wrong, by the way, but you haven't stated it clearly enough to refute or support yet, being especially unclear on what you mean by "attraction".

Withsensibility
Im referring to periods. Its a loss of iron which is a key ingredient to building muscle. This is why some female athletes take birth control pills to enhance performance. It is also produces oestrogen which the birth control pill diminishes and women in menopause tend to develop more masculine features due to the loss in oestrogen.

I didnt use the word attraction, but i assume media coverage is what he meant. He might have said/meant attention, if so, my bad. The point is male competition and male sport is pretty much a tradition since before dinosaurs and females only very recently have engaged in sport and physical competition. The reason for this is of course feminism after ww1. This movement has piled money into womens sport and encouraged attention and media coverage of womens sport. Its had lots of effort put into it. Just because male sports are more popular does not mean womens sport need more money.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.