Darth Caedus vs Darth Nihilus *Force Only*

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Deronn_solo
*Peak Caedus*
*Peak Nihilus*
Round 1: Jacen is well aware of Nihilus giga-drain
Round 2: Random encounter; no drain
Round 3: Random encounter - all powers/abilities are fair game.

Nephthys
Nihilus in every round.

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by Nephthys
Nihilus in every round.

SunRazer
Curious as to what Jacen would do here.

darthbane77
Probably Nihilus

chingchangwalla
Lmao Caedus is ****ed

NewGuy01
Wasn't it brought up a while ago that Nihilus had a weakness in that he couldn't perceive someone who could cloak their force signature? If so, then Caedus can definitely win Round 1 with prior knowledge, because that's one of his specialties.

SunRazer
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Wasn't it brought up a while ago that Nihilus had a great weakness in that he couldn't perceive someone who could cloak their force signature? If so, then Caedus can definitely win Round 1 with prior knowledge, because that's one of his specialties.

Perhaps. I can't imagine Caedus winning in any other way. Though this only works in round 1. In the others, it's a random encounter and Caedus doesn't know anything about Nihilus.

That said, even if Caedus did cloak himself, that doesn't constitute a win. He'd still have to hit Nihilus with a Force power, which would make this a more traditional fight and one that I can't exactly see Caedus winning.

NewGuy01
Not necessarily; it could be like Arnold vs Predator where Nihilus is getting hit but can't effectively counter without being able to see his assailant.

Also, why couldn't Caedus win otherwise? Nihilus may be a wraith, but the armor that he's bound to is physical and can be damaged.

SunRazer
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Not necessarily; it could be like Arnold vs Predator where Nihilus is getting hit but can't effectively counter without being able to see his assailant.

We'll have to see what the setting and distance is, because I'm not seeing why a broad Force Wave or Storm wouldn't work. The only thing that wouldn't be effective if Caedus was invisible to him is Drain.

Because Nihilus comes off as more powerful? Particularly in the latter round, where he's allowed Drain.

MythLord
Jacen wins rounds 1 and 2, but probably dies in 3.

SunRazer
Does he win 2?

MythLord
Probably.

SunRazer
How so?

MythLord
Just impresses me more, I suppose.

SunRazer
With what?

MythLord
Just strikes me as more powerful and more versatile a Force user; what with casually manipulating ships pre-prime whereas Nihilus needed a nexus and a gravity well.

Then of course there's his defensive capabilities, where even as a Jedi he easily blocks blasts from capital ships, IIRC.

SunRazer
How on earth does a gravity well improve the situation for Nihilus? He also grows significantly in power afterwards following Katarr, not to mention that even if you disregarded that, the nexus would in no way substitute for the fact that Nihilus manipulated literally thousands of times the mass that Caedus did.

Jacen "easily" blocks blasts from capital ships? Where?

MythLord
Meh, fair enough. I don't have time to debate, atm. I'm still working on my counter on Shan vs Maul.

Nephthys
Originally posted by SunRazer
Jacen "easily" blocks blasts from capital ships? Where?

He doesn't, it was debunked.

GhostRavage
Bump

UCanShootMyNova
I'm pretty sure Nihilus still stomps. Thanks anyways.

The Ellimist
Caedus, reasons later

AncientPower
Nihilus stomps, making himself small is only going to delay the inevitable.

SunRazer
A "stomp" is likely pushing it, but Nihilus wins all the same. The only plausible arguments for Jacen here are ones that relate to the circumvention of Nihilus' powers, not outmatching them.

S_W_LeGenD
Darth Nihilus soundly

SeriousLogic
Caedus win Round 2 but Nihilus takes the rest

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.