How badly will Maul fail in Rebels Season 3?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
In a clip we see that Kanan and a Ezra fight Maul as Kanan was possessed by a spirit. Given Maul likely loses the duo at some point when he has even when they're in his grasp, how do you feel about the 4th time Maul has failed to accomplish anything? Will you take Maul seriously after his failure to kill TPM Kenobi, his failure to kill Obi Wan in TCW, his failure to become a threat to Sidious, his failure to beat Kanan, and his eventual death to either Vader or two half trained Padawans? Why can't Maul succeed at doing anything other than being a thug with a Lightsaber?

Zenwolf
Well Kanan is a Jedi Knight now, but details. I feel though they might end Maul here.

UCanShootMyNova
Well if people are going to insist on Maul being better then his SoD incarnation then I guess I can use that to wank Kanan.

chingchangwalla
To be fair, he could've killed Kenobi almost every time in TCW :/

Darth Abonis
Maul's death is long awaited. He shouldn't be running around so close to ANH. He NEEDS to die, this season. I want to wash my hands of him. He stopped being an interesting character.

Kurk

ares834
Kill him off. He's been neutered completely by the new shows.

chingchangwalla
Yeah Maul needs to be killed before he gets butchered even more. Or just kick Filoni out and bring Luceno in...

Nephthys
Maul will get owned by Sabine and she'll become the new Mandalore.

Chopper pisses on his body afterwards.

chingchangwalla
I ****ing hate Sabine, if she becomes Mandalore I'm done with Star Wars... mad

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by Nephthys
Maul will get owned by Sabine and she'll become the new Mandalore.

Chopper pisses on his body afterwards.

It turns out that Chopper's piss is highly flammable and he'll be lit on fire by Hondo throwing out a used death stick.

Darth Thor
Yeah sure kill him off, but he better have an interesting storyline first which brings a bit of respect back to the character.

If there's one thing wrong with Rebels humiliating him, will be Rebels humiliating him then just killing him with zero chance of redeeming the character.

And they better make it clear he's out of Kanan/Ezra's league. Like literally hitting us on the head with that over and over again.

Big his status up again, and THEN have Vader kill him. Because let's face it, this is Vader's only chance to beat a noteworthy opponent. So it needs to be done properley, first showing us how powerful Maul is, then showing us how much more powerful Vader is.

chingchangwalla
Tbh I hope Ezra cheap shots him. Maul kills Kanan so Ezra can become his official apprentice but Maul doesn't know Ezra sees it. The little whiny ***** gives into his hatred, kills the pathetic Maul and gives in to the darkside

MythLord
He'll fall down some stairs.

chingchangwalla
Originally posted by MythLord
He'll fall down some stairs.
Lmao, jokes like these will haunt Maul

Unbowed
For me the only acceptable way for Maul to die is at the hands of Sidious, after he puts up an impressive fight and Sidious acknowledges it.

If Vader kills him I'm going to have an aneurysm.

chingchangwalla
I bet Sidious is just sitting back in his chair replaying the Kanan vs Maul fight on a hologram laughing his ass off

Trocity
Originally posted by Unbowed
For me the only acceptable way for Maul to die is at the hands of Sidious, after he puts up an impressive fight and Sidious acknowledges it.

https://media.giphy.com/media/1PgPvWLfXGkCY/giphy.gif

ares834

This fanboy shit is why Maul needs to die.

chingchangwalla
Sidious could just toy with Maul again and taunt him the entire time about his new apprentice then he gets beheaded? I could settle for that tbh

Darth Thor
Originally posted by chingchangwalla
I bet Sidious is just sitting back in his chair replaying the Kanan vs Maul fight on a hologram laughing his ass off

Doubt it given Sidious was the one who trained him. He'll probably be embarrassed himself.

Originally posted by ares834

Yeah cause there's no Dooku, Vader or Sidious fanboy shit right?

Anyway At this point him being alive is doing the character much more harm.

chingchangwalla
Sidious would be crying then. He's got a new apprentice who almost gets decapitated by a padawan who left the order, someone who got beat by a blind padawan and cut in half by one. Dooku is the only success... why did you ditch him Sheev just why

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Doubt it given Sidious was the one who trained him. He'll probably be embarrassed himself.

Yeah cause there's no Dooku, Vader or Sidious fanboy shit right?

Anyway At this point him being alive is doing the character much more harm.
None of those people have lost to Kanan already, let alone have admitted that they can't take Vader(especially Vader himself), so you don't really have a point.

Unbowed
Your face needs to die.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
None of those people have lost to Kanan already, let alone have admitted that they can't take Vader(especially Vader himself), so you don't really have a point.

You're making no sense at all.

Just because Maul fanboys want to put Maul above Vader, that means Maul should die?

How's that any different to Dooku fanboys who say Dooku matched Yoda, or Vader fanboys who say Vader would take Sidious in a fight?

So Should Dooku and Vader also be embarrassed now to put their fanboys in place?

ares834
Maul fanboys are worse. smile

After all, Quan isn't a Vader or Dooku fanboy.

ares834
Your face needs to die.

http://i60.tinypic.com/2ql5u0x.jpg

Darth Thor
Maul fanboys are worse. smile

After all, Quan isn't a Vader or Dooku fanboy.

Well you got me there

Dark-Kenshin
Would like to see Maul redeem himself sort-of. Maybe he starts to realize all of his past failures and Ezra helps him see the light. And then he goes out like Ferus Olin vs Vader to buy time for Kanan and the gang'to escape his clutches. Give him a really good showing against Vader and have him go down like a champ.

darthbane77
He'll fail pretty hard I think.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Dark-Kenshin
Give him a really good showing against Vader and have him go down like a champ.

As if Filoni would let that happen.

chingchangwalla
Yeah it's all bull, everyone knows Maul would stand a chance against Vader ordinarily. TPM Maul was defeating ANH Vader so when they're both in prime it's damn close...

Zenwolf
. TPM Maul was defeating ANH Vader so when they're both in prime it's damn close...

1. Wrong Continuity

2. In Legends, ANH Vader wasn't his prime, that was ROTJ, ANH Vader in Legends was a shadow of his former self.

Darth Thor
^ And tbh that Maul doppelgänger vs Vader fight was outdated and inconsistent even for Legends.

MythLord
And Leland Chee has no idea what's going on and Insider notes it's probably non-canon.

McP
I only hope, he wont become second Grievous.

chingchangwalla
Originally posted by Zenwolf
1. Wrong Continuity

2. In Legends, ANH Vader wasn't his prime, that was ROTJ, ANH Vader in Legends was a shadow of his former self.

I know? I said they weren't in their primes

FreshestSlice
You're making no sense at all.

Try harder.

Maul should die so he can stop being a joke and so they can be set free. Being in denial is unhealthy, yes.

Because Dooku has actually done well against Yoda?

Because us Vader fanboys have quotes to support us, and Maul fanboys have literally the opposite. From Maul himself no less. thumb up

I think you should be embarrassed maybe, equating Maul wank that is contradictory with Dooku or Vader wank that is supportive.

Darth Thor

Because US Vader fanboys

Explains your nonsensical argument.

chingchangwalla
What if you're a Maul and Vader fanboy? Double Dickhead?

Darth Thor
What if you're a Maul and Vader fanboy? Double Dickhead?

Oh crap, is that what I am?

FreshestSlice
Explains your nonsensical argument.
"We're supported, and Maul fanboys aren't, so get the **** over it," is not nonsensical to even the most remotely intelligent person.

Darth Thor
"We're supported, and Maul fanboys aren't, so get the **** over it," is not nonsensical to even the most remotely intelligent person.

What exactly are you b****ing about here?

You want Maul to die an embarrassing death as soon as possible. Whereas I want them to keep Maul around for a while and show him being a total bad ass again, so Vader being > Maul actually means something.

FreshestSlice
What exactly are you b****ing about here?

You want Maul to die an embarrassing death as soon as possible.

Citation needed.

That's cool. That wasn't the topic ares started, so it's not relevant. Someone wants to force Maul above Vader and as a near equal to Sidious. This is the topic.

Darth Thor
And like I replied to Ares, fanboys are not a reason for wanting Maul dead.

End of the better Maul looks the more impressive that makes Vader given we already know Vader > Maul by a significant margin according to every Rebels source possible.

FreshestSlice
If it's the reason he gave, it most certainly is. No one asked you to agree.

We hardly need more Vader wank at this point he already has the best feats, accolades, and helmet in Canon. Hyping up Maul won't do anything for him.

Darth Thor
If it's the reason he gave, it most certainly is.

No, not at all. Maul could die to Kanan, that wouldn't stop fanboys preaching fanboy stuff.

No one asked you to agree.

Think you might have missed the point of a debate forum.

We hardly need more Vader wank at this point he already has the best feats, accolades, and helmet in Canon. Hyping up Maul won't do anything for him.

No, he's not really got much in terms of beating/owning notable top tier Force opponents. He definitely needs more of that if he wants to live up to his hype of being near Sidious level. And Maul's the most notable Force user/Lightsaber wielder he has to beat on.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.