Darth Malak vs. Darth Nyriss

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Force sabers all out

Duel takes place on Neutral ground

NewGuy01
Malak.

chingchangwalla
Yeah Malak

Nephthys
Nyriss

Deronn_solo
Originally posted by Nephthys
Nyriss

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Malak.

ares834
Malak.

UCanShootMyNova
Nyriss.

Tondemonai
Nyriss

Dark-Kenshin
Malak. I see no indication of Revan being able to dispatch Malak as easily as he did Nyriss.

SunRazer
Honestly, unless you seriously take novel Meetra as anything near her KotOR II incarnation, Malak probably wins on holistic portrayal.

AncientPower
Nyriss, she would've casually blitzed Scourge, if not for Meetra, and she was throwing out Bane tier lightning with ease.

Nyriss was powerless against Revan Reborn but that is a very different prospect compared to amnesiac Revan, who Malak couldn't beat with a massive Star Forge advantage.

darthbane77
Originally posted by AncientPower
Nyriss, she would've casually blitzed Scourge, if not for Meetra, and she was throwing out Bane tier lightning with ease.

Nyriss was powerless against Revan Reborn but that is a very different prospect compared to amnesiac Revan, who Malak couldn't beat with a massive Star Forge advantage. SF Malak and KOTOR Revan are pretty close to each other actually, according to Drew Karpyshyn.

"...that battle would have been a brutal, hard fought affair spread over multiple pages."

―Drew Karpyshyn (Star Wars: The Old Republic: Revan Author)

AncientPower
Yes, that doesn't preclude the fact that Malak admits inferiority whilst amped massively.

darthbane77
Admitting inferiority and being vastly inferior are two different things. Malak admitting inferiority is true, as he was indeed inferior; but KOTOR Revan wasn't vastly superior, enough to win is about it.

AncientPower
Well he goes through an entire monologue where he admits that he was never as powerful as Revan and that Revan had always been his better. Malak losing makes him inferior. Malak vs Revan on neutral ground where Revan doesn't fight through an army of Sith and Bastila Shan, then an army of droids to get to Malak in the first place, who doesn't havd Jedi captives to sap energy and vitality from? That fight is going to be a lot less difficult for Revan.

darthbane77
Without the SF amp it would obviously be easier. But the fight still was close.

AncientPower
Congratulations, you proved nothing.

darthbane77
Congratulations, you proved nothing. I proved that their duel on the Star Forge was closer than you implied.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Malak.

AncientPower
Originally posted by darthbane77
I proved that their duel on the Star Forge was closer than you implied.

You proved nothing, I stated that Malak without a SF amp is significantly inferior to Revan, if not solidly his inferior, which you just conceded to.

Nyriss wins.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Holy shit...Deja Vu.

darthbane77
You proved nothing, I stated that Malak without a SF amp is significantly inferior to Revan, if not solidly his inferior, which you just conceded to.

Nyriss wins. My whole endeavor was to prove that SF Malak and KOTOR Revan were pretty close to each other in their duel; which I succeeded in pointing out. I never set out to state that Malak w/o amp was close to KOTOR Revan.

AncientPower
Yet you did so in an attempt to counter me. erm

darthbane77
Yet you did so in an attempt to counter me. erm Not to counter your verdict, as I can see Nyriss winning as easily as I can Malak winning this. I was just making a point on something I thought you had mistaken.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.