Mace Windu vs Plo Koon

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Deronn_solo
*Peak Mace*
*Peak Plo*

-Mace can't use the Force in any offensive manner, and is limited to 'sabers only. Mace is in character
-Plo can use every power at his disposal, and his BLOODLUSTED.
-Combatants start 10 meters away
-Battle takes place in the Jedi Temple
-Who wins and why?

ares834
Mace still stomps. no expression

darthbane77
Still leaning Windu, but it would be much closer than if Windu had the Force to use as well.

Deronn_solo
Does Windu have a answer for Alter Environment, and Emerald Judgment?

darthbane77
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
Does Windu have a answer for Alter Environment, and Emerald Judgment? He can always absorb electric judgement with his lightsaber. Not sure about alter environment though.

chingchangwalla
Windu ****s Reti's boyfriend 10 times over

Selenial
Plo, TBH.

The perceived gap between Mace and other council members is retarded. He's stronger, yes, but not this much stronger...

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Selenial
Plo, TBH.

The perceived gap between Mace and other council members is retarded. He's stronger, yes, but not this much stronger...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ESOrF_u1hg&t=0m42s

vs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ESOrF_u1hg&t=2m01s

mmm

ares834
mhmm

Emperordmb
wtf, Mace rapes the Kel Dor bastard

chingchangwalla
Lol at Mace isn't much stronger than other council masters. Defeating Darth Sidious who speedblitzed 3 of the greatest swordsmen counts for nothing? Defeating Yoda and Dooku in sparring?

Kurk
Originally posted by chingchangwalla
Lol at Mace isn't much stronger than other council masters. Defeating Darth Sidious who speedblitzed 3 of the greatest swordsmen counts for nothing? Defeating Yoda and Dooku in sparring? Where does it state that he ever defeated Yoda in sparring matches? Sidious targeted Windu to be kept alive until Anakin arrived from the beginning of the fight; otherwise he could've killed him early on which we did see he was capable of. Mace got his amp which Sidious wasn't expecting and that's how he won.

UCanShootMyNova
Not sure. Leaning Koon.

Deronn_solo
Can Mace fend off Plo's immense telepathic powers?

Trocity
Mace still wins. Plo's force abilities won't be game changers and Mace is clearly the more skilled duelist, regardless of Plo being bloodlusted.

chingchangwalla
Oh great, Mace vs Sidious arguments I can't be ****ed Kurk.

Kurk
I don't think anyone is stomping here guys

carthage
Plo, TBH.

facepalm

UCanShootMyNova
Honestly I think it's true. Fisto defeated a pre prime Grievous while Mace couldn't even press a hindered one.

Before he got an amp he couldn't even react as his fellow Jedi were cut down right in front of him.

cs_zoltan
lmao

UCanShootMyNova
Something funny?

Selenial
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ESOrF_u1hg&t=0m42s

vs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ESOrF_u1hg&t=2m01s

mmm

Plo > Agen, and the OP quite clearly indicates Vapaad's force advantage is out of the question. Not to mention Mace has morals on so won't even be using Juyo.

That's like me quoting Mace needing "all of his skills" to beat someone Plo slaughtered with a broken arm and acting like its a viable argument, lmao.

UCanShootMyNova
thumb up

Though to be fair Plo only ever fought one handed anyways meaning the pain would have been his only hindrance.

DarthDuelist9
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
thumb up

Though to be fair Plo only ever fought one handed anyways meaning the pain would have been his only hindrance.

He would also be hindered in his mobility, agility,... Because there is basically dead weight hanging on his chest.

SunRazer
Considering his access to Force augmentation, I can't see it being much of a factor.

Mace SLAUGHTERHOUSE, by the way. He curbed Ventress, who was beating Plo.

MythLord
Originally posted by DarthDuelist9
He would also be hindered in his mobility, agility,... Because there is basically dead weight hanging on his chest.

Plo isn't even an agile fighter, nor a particularly mobile one. The best it would do is somewhat limit his defensive range...

Anyways, Mace obviously wins.

chingchangwalla
Yeah all this Plo bullshit. He's trash

DarthDuelist9
Originally posted by SunRazer
Considering his access to Force augmentation, I can't see it being much of a factor.

Ventress was beating Plo? You mean when he threw her to the other side of the room or when he disarmed her?

DarthDuelist9
Originally posted by MythLord
Plo isn't even an agile fighter, nor a particularly mobile one. The best it would do is somewhat limit his defensive range...

Anyways, Mace obviously wins.

So? He's no Ahsoka in terms of agility but that doesn't exclude the fact that he is hindered by it. Not to mention that any movement at all, mainly those which use the upper torso, is hindered by his broken arms since it's deadweight atrached to his torso.

I'm kind of getting tired with all those excuses, Ventress herself notes that it's hindering him, that's the end of it.

chingchangwalla
He's not hindered by it agility wise. Using form 5: no agility and he's never been seen incorporating flips and somersaults in his movesets :/
Hampered strength? Yes.
Hampered agility? Not really

MythLord
So? He's no Ahsoka in terms of agility but that doesn't exclude the fact that he is hindered by it. Not to mention that any movement at all, mainly those which use the upper torso, is hindered by his broken arms since it's deadweight atrached to his torso.

I'm kind of getting tired with all those excuses, Ventress herself notes that it's hindering him, that's the end of it.

He rarely even uses it, and didn't even use it in the fight. So the fact that it hinders his agility is "meh".

How is his upper-torso movement hindered? As someone who has broken an arm and a leg -- plus studies the human anatomy on a daily basis -- I can assure you that simply sporting a broken arm doesn't mean your manuverability would be drastically hindered.

Was Plo hindered in the fight? Sure, nobody's denying it... Would the outcome of the fight had been much different? No, not really. He still would've been driven back by Asajj.

SunRazer
Ventress was beating Plo? You mean when he threw her to the other side of the room or when he disarmed her?

I meant lightsaber combat. Plo landing an inconsequential Push doesn't affect that.

Depriving her of just one blade obviously didn't end the fight, did it? After being disarmed was when Ventress gained the edge by forcing Plo against the railing - he had to resort to throwing the detonator.

DarthDuelist9
I'll respond tonight, I'm currently studying an examen so... wink

Selenial
Originally posted by SunRazer

Thinking a Mace who's holding back and trying not to kill Plo, with no use of the force bar augmentation could "slaughter" Koon is clinically retarded, TBH.

He has literally no answer to Electric Judgement or Telekinesis except to try and avoid it, he can't go on his usual brutal offensive which is what Mace excels at, and will be pretty diminished by his attempts at disarming his opponent instead of killing him.

Yoda couldn't "slaughter" Dooku for the same reason, tbh.

SunRazer
Didn't see the in-character bit.

Mace still wins 10/10, lol. Plo's utterly outclassed as a swordsman and Mace can repel EJ on his lightsaber. Telekinesis won't be a problem either. Mace might not go all-out at first, but he'll still win every time.

BazookaMaster
Mace wins 10/10, but with this many restrictions it's gonna take a while

DarthDuelist9
Allright let's begin, I'll start with responding to Wollf. Plo's left arm is attached to his torso isn't it? So when you move, or use, your torso this arm is directly or indirectly going to move with it, mostly the shoulder/upper arm, so this movement is hindered because Plo's supporting a broken arm (he can't use that arm or shoulder). Try to swing a stick with your right arm and you'll see that your left shoulder/upper arm is at least partly going to move to, it makes your swing more fluent then if the movement of this other arm is limited.

Regarding his fight with Asajj: First we see Ventress engage Plo in a lightsaber duel trading some blows with Plo even in one scane chasing after her. Then Ventress kicks Plo on his broken arm with him respond by throwing her across the 'room' (or cave whatever you want to name it). So far so good right? In the next scan we see Plo disarming Ventress after apparently driving her back on to the bridge. Then we see Ventress push Plo against the railing when engaging in a blade lock with Plo then ending the fight by pushing away the detonator when Ventress attempts to use it.
That's the fight in it's entirety, you put so much stress on Ventress having a (small) advanting near the end when they engage in a blade lock but completely ignore the rest of the fight, where Plo was seen to be the one chasing down Ventress and even disarming her. That it didn't end the fight hardly matters, Ventress has shown to be able to duel with one blade before but that doesn't mean you can utterly neglect Plo disarming her in the first place. Let me put forward a comparable fight in Rebels, Ahsoka vs Darth Vader where almost the entire board agrees that Vader was solidly the better fighter. In that fight we see how Vader pushes back Ashoka and eventually throws her off the temple, hereby ending the fight. When we compare that to Plo's fight against Ventress there are quite a bit of similarities. Both Ventress's and Ahsoka's fighting style are build around mobility and agility contrary to Vader's and Plo's more stationary and stronger Form V, that's why this comparison is usefull in the first place. Next we see that both Vader & Plo push back their opponent (Ahsoka & Ventress) for the majority of the fight while both of them also landed a Force hit on the other fighter (if you would put Plo & Ventress on that temple the latter would also be thrown off by Plo's push). The only difference is that Ahsoka also pushed Vader, something Ventress actually didn't which seems a good point for Plo, and that Vader didn't disarm Ahsoka, again a good point for Plo, while Ventress did land a kick and had an advantage during the blade lock.

In the end almost all of the good points are going to Plo, like Vader in the other fight, yet the general conclusion of most debaters here (or on CV) is the complete opposite from each other. So why is that? There are a few differences between both fights, Ventress having an edge in the blade lock for example, but those are easily compensated by the 'extra' edges Plo had, e.g. Plo disarming Ventress or Plo being injured in the first place. So if you look at the entire fight in the comic alone, Plo's the one that comes out best, if you look at another fight to compare it to (Ahsoka vs Vader) then again Plo's coming out as the best of the two fighters over the entire fight.

In general I find it quite odd that you would completely ignore the entire context of Plo's fight and look only at the end of it.

Beniboybling
Plo, TBH.

The perceived gap between Mace and other council members is retarded. He's stronger, yes, but not this much stronger... Lmao.

MythLord
I'll respond to that wall'o'text when I get the time.

UCanShootMyNova
You don't seem to be doing anything right now considering you have time to write up mid length salt filled posts to me. Although maybe that's higher up on your lists of priorities. Glad to know I rank so highly. smile

Deronn_solo
Please, lets not rev up the cancerous banter, guys.

MythLord
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
You don't seem to be doing anything right now considering you have time to write up mid length salt filled posts to me. Although maybe that's higher up on your lists of priorities. Glad to know I rank so highly. smile

Mid-length is apparently two sentences... Well, considering your mental capacity, two sentences probably is Bible-sized.

Selenial
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Lmao.

Mace is a fighter that relies entirely on a dazzling offence. When holding back, people like Legends!Vos and Sora Bulq have both landed hits on him. An amped Plo Koon with no qualms about actually killing Windu would exploit his mistake more than those two ever could.

People seem to underestimate how much "morals on" matters in a Jedi vs Jedi matchup, especially with two close friends mmm

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by MythLord
Mid-length is apparently two sentences... Well, considering your mental capacity, two sentences probably is Bible-sized.

It shouldn't take you more then 3 full lines to counter duelist's spiel. But yet you choose to devote that to me instead. I'm flattered, really. smile

Beniboybling
Mace is a fighter that relies entirely on a dazzling offence. When holding back, people like Legends!Vos and Sora Bulq have both landed hits on him. An amped Plo Koon with no qualms about actually killing Windu would exploit his mistake more than those two ever could.

People seem to underestimate how much "morals on" matters in a Jedi vs Jedi matchup, especially with two close friends mmm And also seem to forget that a bloodlusted Jedi is only an unbalanced one. Regardless when did Sora or Vos ever land a hit on Mace?

NewGuy01
Sora managed to push him, I guess.

Selenial
Originally posted by Beniboybling
And also seem to forget that a bloodlusted Jedi is only an unbalanced one. Regardless when did Sora or Vos ever land a hit on Mace?

Not necessarily, and not in the context of KMC. I merely take it to mean that he's performing at peak and willing to kill Windu, whatever his reason may be. Koon's the type of Jedi who is willing to dominate with the Force or outright kill someone in the name of what he considers good, it'll hardly unbalance him.

Sora Bulq force pushed him, Vos kicked him in the face.

Beniboybling
That's even worse lol, Koon just perfoming at his best is still miles away from Windu.

And can you provide a source? I'm looking at one fight between Windu and Vos where Windu defeats him handily, despite not having lethal intent. Sora's Force push didn't on the other hand didn't seem to harm Mace, I'm not seeing any reason to believe Koon's will.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.