Darth Nihl vs. Plo Koon

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

|King Joker|
Battle takes place on Ossus.

DarthDuelist9
Plo in a great fight, being one of the top warriors during the prime of the Jedi and one of it's most powerful members seems enough to put him over Nihl but again it's a very good fight.

UCanShootMyNova
Plo.

darthbane77
Plo wins after a good fight.

Deronn_solo
LMAO, Nihl.

chingchangwalla
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
LMAO, Nihl.

MythLord
LMAO, Nihl.

Trocity
Yeah, Nihl.

RHaggis
Going to back Nihl.

cs_zoltan
Are we reading the same Legacy series Joker?

ares834
LMAO, Nihl.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
Are we reading the same Legacy series Joker? All Nihl's done so far is stomp Sazen and then later fight evenly with him (I think he fought evenly with him, I've forgotten already), and cheap shot Kol.

cs_zoltan
Originally posted by |King Joker|
one shot Kol.

fixed.

|King Joker|
one shotted by cheap shotting smile

|King Joker|
Just read the part where Nihl chokes Cade. Seems like an overrated feat, given Cade wasn't even aware of his presence and was focused on Talon.

cs_zoltan
Kol was in a fight = he was battle ready = he had his defenses up. Using lightning from behind doesn't magically make it more powerful. The only cheap about it was that Kol couldn't block it with his lightsaber. Still Nihl is powerful enough to shit all over Kol any time he wants.

Also idk where you are at, so if you are not yet at issue #15 don't read.

Nihl also effortlessly chokes Cade unconscious.

cs_zoltan
Ninja'd. So what if he wasn't? He still couldn't break out of it.

Shit excuses you have Joker smile

ares834
Still Nihl is powerful enough to shit all over Kol any time he wants.

Not sure how you came to that conclusion. We simply don't know enough about how powerful Kol is.

cs_zoltan
By dying instantly to his lightning? erm

ares834
And? Kol has a wonderful thing called a lightsaber that can block such a power.

cs_zoltan
If Nihl can oneshot him he can ragdoll his ass. What's his saber gona do about that?

ares834
He didn't ragdoll shit. He shot lightning at Kol when Kol was fighting other Sith and Stormtroopers. erm

So it seem not only are you reading a different Legacy series than Joker, you're reading a different one then me.

|King Joker|
Kol was in a fight = he was battle ready = he had his defenses up. Using lightning from behind doesn't magically make it more powerful. The only cheap about it was that Kol couldn't block it with his lightsaber. Still Nihl is powerful enough to shit all over Kol any time he wants. Fair enough, but I don't think Nihl could shit all over Kol if it was a fair 1v1. Nihl could probably still kill him with his lightning, if he actually landed it.

Ninja'd. So what if he wasn't? He still couldn't break out of it.

Shit excuses you have Joker smile The choke seemed extremely brief, and it's actually very similar to what Kanan did to the Grand Inquisitor in Season 1, and the G.I. is actually confirmed as being far more powerful than Kanan at that point in time. Nihl choking an unsuspecting / unprepared Cade isn't worth much, really.

Legacy is combatively underwhelming. Cade's cool, though. smile

ares834
It's because Ostrander is competent enough to write interesting stories while still keeping characters' power levels to a similar level with the films.

Cade gets some awesome force feats near the end of the series though.

|King Joker|
Yeah, Force wise Cade seems to be a beast.

cs_zoltan
Originally posted by ares834
He didn't ragdoll shit. He shot lightning at Kol when Kol was fighting other Sith and Stormtroopers. erm

So it seem not only are you reading a different Legacy series than Joker, you're reading a different one then me.

Mace was missing a hand and still took longer to die to Sidious than Kol. Shit argument is shit.

ares834
Mace was missing a hand and still took longer to die to Sidious than Kol. Shit argument is shit.

Ok.

And how does this address what I said?

cs_zoltan
You think Kol fighting others somehow makes Nihl oneshotting him less impressive. All it took away from him is that he couldn't block it with his lightsaber.

ares834
I never said it was unimpressive... I said:

Not sure how you came to that conclusion. We simply don't know enough about how powerful Kol is.

In reply to you post:

Still Nihl is powerful enough to shit all over Kol any time he wants.

Just because his lighting can instakill Kol does not indiacte he can "shit all over Kol any time he wants" or "ragdoll" Kol. For example, Nyriss's lightning was capable of instakilling herself but clearly Nyriss would be incapable of ragdolling someone of her same power.

cs_zoltan
Considering oneshotting someone > ragdolling, yeah it does indicate that.

Nyriss went balls out with her lightning so she had no strength left to defend herself. In similar situation Dooku had no problem deflecting his own lightning.

ares834
Considering oneshotting someone > ragdolling, yeah it does indicate that.

Nope. Different powers.

Nyriss went balls out with her lightning so she had no strength left to defend herself. In similar situation Dooku had no problem deflecting his own lightning.

And lo and behold, nothing indicates Kol even attempted to deflect his lightning.

cs_zoltan
Nope. Different powers.

So? Force Speed and TK are different powers too, yet there's no question what is more impressive, blitzing the B-Team or pushing droids.

And lo and behold, nothing indicates Kol even attempted to deflect his lightning.

Not with tutaminis, no. But he was combat ready so he had his shields up.

ares834
So? Force Speed and TK are different powers too, yet there's no question what is more impressive, blitzing the B-Team or pushing droids.

erm

Because one is droids and the the other is the B-team... Honestly, are you just trolling? Regardless, when it becomes blitzing the B-team or ragdolling them the question becomes more difficult to answer.

And it still fails to address my initial point which was that they were two different power. To break it down further, just because Nihl has intense lightning does not indicate that his TK is at the same level.

Not with tutaminis, no. But he was combat ready so he had his shields up.

Because Ostrander, unlike Karpasyhn, actually knows how the force works. Regardless, how often have we actually seen a "shield" actually block lightning? Even Yoda is shown actively defending against lighting when battling Dooku or Sidious. The one time he doesn't he ends up on his ass.

cs_zoltan
erm

Because one is droids and the the other is the B-team... Honestly, are you just trolling?

And one is just telekinetically thorwing someone around and the other is killing someone instantaneously...honestly are you just trolling?

And it still fails to address my initial point which was that they were two different power. To break it down further, just because Nihl has intense lightning does not indicate that his TK is at the same level.

There's nothing to address. Obviously powers are not at the same level across the board within a force users, but such disparity never happens unless someone is especially talented (like Bastila's BM or Corran's tutaminis) in one area or especially weak (like Corran's TK). Nihl was never stated to be especially talented with lightning or weak with TK.

Besdies he choked out Cade casually so it's not like he doesn't have any TK feat.

Because Ostrander, unlike Karpasyhn, actually knows how the force works. Regardless, how often have we actually seen a "shield" actually block lightning? Even Yoda is shown actively defending against lighting when battling Dooku or Sidious. The one time he doesn't he ends up on his ass.

https://youtu.be/MYw5KWTe15I?t=15s
https://youtu.be/eQATBFIZ13o?t=2m43s
https://youtu.be/9DI8kkR9G0Q?t=35s
https://youtu.be/T5SlaoV_o1M?t=5m55s
https://youtu.be/2g7BwwggxFI?t=20m52s

Notced how none of them died? I wonder why?

Maybe because the power disparity was nowhere near that large as between Nihl and Kol. Except with Arcann, where Valkorion didn't aim to kill. Which still prowes my point. Even if you don't block lightning with tutaminis or barrier there is still lightning not powerful enough to kill you.

Q99
All Nihl's done so far is stomp Sazen and then later fight evenly with him (I think he fought evenly with him, I've forgotten already), and cheap shot Kol.

Ok, Nihl disarmed Sazen. Then second time, Sazen held him off while specifically fighting defensively and knowing Nihl'd win. He also beats Talon in sparing, and while wounded with shrapnel gave Cade a saber fight.

You think Kol fighting others somehow makes Nihl oneshotting him less impressive. All it took away from him is that he couldn't block it with his lightsaber.

Not being able to block it- with saber *or* with active force power (which normally still involves a hand)- is a pretty major thing. Everyone's going to be messed up by lightning they don't block.

That said, the fact it only took one shot to drop him shows it's rather powerful force lightning.

Now I will also note that part of the reason he got that backshot is he previously tried to take Kol head on and got knocked down for his trouble- Nihl was just tough enough to not be KO'ed. So I am fairly confident that Kol > Nihl, just that Nihl has enough firepower to count when there's an opening.

BazookaMaster
Nihl had the time to focus, gather his power and wait for an opening to hit with the Lightning. Kol was focused on a huge shitload of other Sith he was fighting, kinda hard to deflect Lightning when you defend against horde of lightsabers :/

We know Nihl had enough power to kill Kol with his lightning. Did he have enough skill, power and mastery to hit him with that in a regular fight? We dont know.

The feat with choking Cade is weak as ****... Usually when someone is in a Choke he can't escape until the user is distracted. He choked him when he was unaware, focused on a fight with another opponent. That's worse than Kenobi's "feat" of bisecting TPM Maul XD

ILS
I might buy that Cade couldn't break out even if he was powerful enough if there weren't other examples of Force users doing just that, or the text stating they could if they had the power; e.g Starkiller repulsed out of Vader's choke in a second despite being caught off-guard, and Caedus could have broken out of Luke's grip if he was powerful enough, but he was forced to acknowledge that he wasn't.

Why is Cade any different? He may have been caught off-guard, like Starkiller and Caedus, but they had the opportunity to break out; why didn't Cade?

|King Joker|
There's also other examples where Force users who are far more powerful couldn't break out of a Force grip from someone who was inferior, i.e. Kanan and the Inquisitor, so obviously it isn't the same for everyone. Basically, my thing is that Nihl's choke was at an opportune moment, where vastly inferior foes have taken advantage of their superiors, and even still it seemed incredibly brief. Really the only way you can try to put stock into the feat is when you try the "well, he couldn't break out of it" argument, which I don't really buy as a reason I should be impressed given how short the choke was and the other example of Kanan and the Inquisitor, where the Inquisitor couldn't break out either after a prolonged Force grip, despite being "far more powerful".

ILS
There's also other examples where Force users who are far more powerful couldn't break out of a Force grip from someone who was inferior, i.e. Kanan and the Inquisitor, so obviously it isn't the same for everyone. Basically, my thing is that Nihl's choke was at an opportune moment, where vastly inferior foes have taken advantage of their superiors, and even still it seemed incredibly brief. Really the only way you can try to put stock into the feat is when you try the "well, he couldn't break out of it" argument, which I don't really buy as a reason I should be impressed given how short the choke was and the other example of Kanan and the Inquisitor, where the Inquisitor couldn't break out either after a prolonged Force grip, despite being "far more powerful". If we're trying to mingle canon examples in with Legends, which I find to be a practice in futility a lot of the time, I would consider the option that at that moment, Kanan was just the stronger of the two. He clearly has greater inherent ability than the Inquisitor, by a long-shot, but on average he's outclassed due to far inferior training. He was desperate in the moment he pinned him because he cares about Ezra, so perhaps his true power shown through however briefly?

Otherwise, it's contradictory to Legends, which canon doesn't acknowledge, so it doesn't have to play by the same rules. If you can show me a Legends example of a weaker Force user pinning a stronger one because they caught them off-guard, I'm all ears.

Selenial
Kenth Hamner and Kyp Durron?

Noy that it's necessarily an example, I have a reason for it in mind, just curious what you think.

ILS
I'd need the context, haven't read that instance in a long time if at all.

cs_zoltan
Nihl choking Cade might've been brief, but Cade lost consciousness which is still more impressive than holding him longer with no effect at all.

Selenial
Originally posted by ILS
I'd need the context, haven't read that instance in a long time if at all.

"He flicked his wrist, and Corran went sailing across the hangar back toward Kenth and the other Jedi. It was a particularly insulting dismissal, since Corran could not respond in kind, having never been able to master the skill of Force telekinesis.
The same was not true of Kenth Hamner. He extended his arm, and Kyp flew back against the hull of his StealthX and remained there, pinned."

|King Joker|
Originally posted by ILS
If we're trying to mingle canon examples in with Legends, which I find to be a practice in futility a lot of the time, I don't see what's so different from using Rebels and using TCW if you're talking about Legends, as they are both made by the same people and follow the same principles in regards to the Force / combat.

Originally posted by ILS
I would consider the option that at that moment, Kanan was just the stronger of the two. He clearly has greater inherent ability than the Inquisitor, by a long-shot, but on average he's outclassed due to far inferior training. He was desperate in the moment he pinned him because he cares about Ezra, so perhaps his true power shown through however briefly? I suppose it's possible? But to me, I really don't think Kanan could've done that straight-up, like if the G.I. wasn't caught off-guard. You can theorize all you want about whether or not Kanan surpassed the Inquisitor in that moment, but I feel like the more consequential factor was that the G.I. thought Kanan was unconscious and thus wouldn't really have been able to defend himself against Kanan's TK.

Originally posted by ILS
Otherwise, it's contradictory to Legends, which canon doesn't acknowledge, so it doesn't have to play by the same rules. If you can show me a Legends example of a weaker Force user pinning a stronger one because they caught them off-guard, I'm all ears. I don't see any reason why the Rebels example should be disregarded, if everyone still uses TCW in Legends discussions. I know that argument probably won't fly with you, but there's no real reason why the two shows would be operating differently in terms of combat and telekinesis and stuff, even if one is Legends and the other isn't. Regardless, I don't have any Legends examples on me ATM (unless Sel's example is legitimate, then I guess that is sufficient?) but if I get an example I'll bring it forth (I'm sure there must be a few similar examples).

|King Joker|
Originally posted by Q99
and while wounded with shrapnel gave Cade a saber fight. He was wounded with shrapnel?

Q99
He was wounded with shrapnel?

Remember when Cade blew up the transparisteel cube that had his father's lightsaber? Both Talon and Nihl were covered in cuts from that. Which probably goes a long way to why Talon went down easier than normal too.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.