Darth Wyyrlok vs Joruus C'baoth (Telepathy only)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Deronn_solo
Peak version of both characters; telepathy only - who wins and why?

chingchangwalla
C'Baoth because he's cooler

darthbane77
C'Baoth I think

UCanShootMyNova
C'baoth probably.

NewGuy01
C'Baoth, because Wyyrlok doesn't even have TP feats.

UCanShootMyNova
I believe defeating the spirit of Andedu counts as one? Not sure.

carthage
Joruus rapes his mind

MythLord
C'baoth. Wyyrlok has one telepathy feat and one willpower feat... Neither of which were anything uber.

BazookaMaster
C'Baoth, 10/10, totally higher level

ILS
Wyyrlok clearly doesn't use telepathy.

Apart from that time he's explicitly praised for his telepathic abilities.

Apart from the time he uses said telepathic abilities to convince 12 Force users to start killing each other.

Apart from the time he defeated an ancient Sith revered for his ability to make people die by attacking their mind, by attacking his mind in the same way.

Apart from the time he demonstrated the ability to dredge up all of someone's most profoundly negative life experiences all at once.

Hell, I bet he doesn't even do Force either, only saber.

Trocity
laughing out loud

BazookaMaster
XD

UCanShootMyNova
Damn. First time I've seen someone snub NewGuy. :P

Selenial
Originally posted by ILS

Apart from the time he uses said telepathic abilities to convince 12 Force users to start killing each other.

Apart from the time he defeated an ancient Sith revered for his ability to make people die by attacking their mind, by attacking his mind in the same way.

Apart from the time he demonstrated the ability to dredge up all of someone's most profoundly negative life experiences all at once.

thumb up

Deronn_solo
I'd actually lean Wyyrlok here. C'baoth has better showings at affecting others of a large scale (such as mind dominating 40,000 simultaneously), but when it comes to affecting the minds of other powerful Force sensitives, Wyyrlok strikes me as more inpressive.

Of course this point is debatable, as I think Joruus may have more raw Force power at his disposal than 'lok, and C'baoth elicitating a haze on fatigue/drowsiness passively on Jomark, that worked even on Luke and Mara Jade, is pretty impressive as well.

MythLord
Originally posted by ILS

Two corrections:

Those cultists, as noted in DoE, aren't Force sensitive. They're literal fodder.

And Wyyrlok dispelled and countered Andeddu ala Bane; more a willpower feat than a telepathy feat, IMO.

Trocity
The cultists were force sensitive, actually.

"This keep belongs to the Malevolence, intruder! It is death for strangers to walk here! For over a century, generation after generation, we have kept ourselves isolated here, imbuing ourselves with the energy of the Dark Side! We are its children!"

- Star Wars: Legacy #27

NewGuy01
Sorcery and telepathy are related, but not the same.

MythLord
Originally posted by Trocity
The cultists were force sensitive, actually.

"This keep belongs to the Malevolence, intruder! It is death for strangers to walk here! For over a century, generation after generation, we have kept ourselves isolated here, imbuing ourselves with the energy of the Dark Side! We are its children!"

- Star Wars: Legacy #27

Yeah, imbuing themselves, which the Dynasty of Evil novel describes as such:

Despite their numbers, Bane instantly realized they posed no real threat. Though they worshiped one of the ancient Sith, these were ordinary men and women. The Force did not flow through their veins; they were nothing but fodder. Their fury might be fueled by the dark side energies emanating from the temple, but Bane could just as easily draw upon the same power, letting it build until he unleashed it against his foes.

They're literal fodder.

Trocity
Wyyrlok does call them untrained adepts.

Plus, Legacy came before DoE, and Drew is notoriously shit at understanding lore. wink

MythLord
That he is, but he kinda retconned that so... yeno...

ILS
Pretty sure they all had red lightsabers too?

And what non-Force user in any way draws on a Dark Side nexus, which is extremely corrupting and malevolent by nature?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.