Best combatant .... can defeat

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

chingchangwalla
- All at their prime

Best combatant Count Dooku can defeat?

Best combatant Anakin can defeat?

Best combatant Asajj Ventress can defeat?

Best combatant Revan can defeat?

Best combatant Exar Kun can defeat?

Best combatant Shaak Ti can defeat?

Best combatant Darth Plagueis can defeat?

UCanShootMyNova
Traya, Maul, C'baoth, Wyyrlok, Mace.

Sub Obi Wan opponents.

Anakin. wink

Vong Krayt.

Plagueis, TPM Sidious.

Anakin. wink

Talzin maybe.

darthbane77
Windu
Anybody below ROTS Kenobi
Anakin, maybe Obi-Wan
Darth Caedus possibly, TPM Sidious, Darth Plaguies
Possibly Darth Vader
Not 100% sure.
Talzin, maybe TPM Sidious.

NewGuy01
Can defeat, or would for a majority?

chingchangwalla
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Can defeat, or would for a majority?

For a majority.

Ziggystardust
For Dooku - Darth Caedus
For Anakin - Dooku
For Ventress - Fisto
For Revan - Any version of Sidious
For Kun - Any version of Sidious
For Ti - Kolar
For Plagueis - TPM Sidious - possibly Rots Sidious - as it is not certain wether he's been surpassed yet

chingchangwalla
^ thumb up

MythLord
Originally posted by chingchangwalla

Mace.

Vader, Krayt or Kun come into mind.

Fisto.

Vader, Krayt or Kun.

Vader, Krayt or Revan(I have them all pretty damn close)

Rebels Ahsoka thumb up

TPM Sidious.

SunRazer
lmfao Shaak isn't beating Rebels Ahsoka.

MythLord
Stomping is a more appropriate phrase thumb up

SunRazer
Shaak didn't compare to a hindered Anakin, lol. Ahsoka standing up to Vader on what is presumably a DS nexus blows her out of the water. TFU Shaak's stronger but not enough to make up for that discrepancy, let alone stomp.

MythLord
Originally posted by SunRazer
Shaak didn't compare to a hindered Anakin, lol. Ahsoka standing up to Vader on what is presumably a DS nexus blows her out of the water. TFU Shaak's stronger but not enough to make up for that discrepancy, let alone stomp.

That hindered Anakin Fisto'ed Cin Drallig and was driving back Obi-Wan Kenobi. thumb up
Not to mention we don't know how the fight went down, just that they possibly fought and Ti survived.

She didn't stand up to Vader any more than Ferus Olin, Celeste Morne or Jax Pavan did... She survived several exchanges, but got consistently driven back. And there's a pretty big disparity between EU Knightfall Anakin, and Canon Vader.

BTW, I didn't mean she'd stomp seriously, LMAO. But TFU Shaak wins.

SunRazer
1. Well, I can't remember the context of Shaak's fight with him (I think it was an unreliable flashback or something), so I'll let that go. But her fleeing was in recognition of her inability to stop him.

2. lol Ferus couldn't even see Vader, who had to toy with him for it to be a legitimate fight. Celeste Morne got absolutely curbed and Vader let her come up time and again, only to be knocked down every time. Ahsoka was actually trading blows and holding her own without Vader stopping to give her a chance to surrender or toying with her.

3. What gives TFU Shaak the ability to win?

MythLord
1. We really don't see how the fight went down. We only know it happened because in the TFU comic we can see an angry Skywalker looking like he'll charge at her in a flashback that runs down all her achievements.

She could've fled because Anakin stormed the entire Temple and she was about to be overrun by Clones. I believe the TFU databank notes she bought time for padawans and Knights to escape and only fled when it became apparent the Temple was lost and there was no reason to fight on. It implies that she fought valiantly.

2. Fair enough on Ferus, but Celeste wasn't almost curbed. She's actually hurled back Vader a considerably distance -- more than Tano actually -- and had to deal with Karness Muur teasing her the entire fight.

3. So far, I don't see Tano as being a considerably better martial artist, if at all, nor quite as physically capable as Ti, nor quite as powerful.

Selenial
Since when is Knightfall Vader hindered? mmm

SunRazer
1. Drallig fought valiantly too. I'll let it go. She's still his clear inferior, though.

2. She performed worse, lol. Vader gave her breaks repeatedly and she was probably enraged as well.

3. Yes, and based on what is she not better a fighter, and what makes you think Shaak has some sort of power edge that'll let her dominate this fight? Otherwise, skill will be the more important factor.

MythLord
@Sel

The Jedi Temple was apparently a Light Side Nexus, but even on that, he still manages to blitz high-tier Jedi Masters like Cin Drallig and stomp hordes of Jedi, so... y'know, it shouldn't matter.

SunRazer
Originally posted by Selenial
Since when is Knightfall Vader hindered? mmm

It's from the junior novel:

The hindrances and emotional divide were there even before the fight with Obi-Wan, tbh.

Selenial
It's from the junior novel:

The hindrances and emotional divide were there even before the fight with Obi-Wan, tbh.

That doesn't mention him being hindered at all, compared to his Jedi self. It merely talks of potential.

SunRazer
Originally posted by MythLord
@Sel

The Jedi Temple was apparently a Light Side Nexus, but even on that, he still manages to blitz high-tier Jedi Masters like Cin Drallig and stomp hordes of Jedi, so... y'know, it shouldn't matter.

Not what I meant at all (I don't believe light side nexuses have ever been written into the lore, and the Jedi Temple is just a Force nexus), and him stomping Drallig in spite of his emotional/mental conflict is a good feat for him, nothing else. It doesn't discredit the hindrance, lol.

SunRazer
That doesn't mention him being hindered at all, compared to his Jedi self. It merely talks of potential.

He's obviously not fully committed to the dark side - ie. he still has some of his Jedi self in him, which was part of the hindrance when he fought Obi-Wan. It's obvious that he's not at his peak here. He's literally crying as he butchers the Jedi.

Selenial
He's obviously not fully committed to the dark side - ie. he still has some of his Jedi self in him, which was part of the hindrance when he fought Obi-Wan. It's obvious that he's not at his peak here. He's literally crying as he butchers the Jedi.

Fully committing to the Dark Side isn't really relevant when discussing if he's hindered, there's no relationship between Knightfall Vader and Anakin to prove if he was truly less skilled or powerful.

Seeing as his "peak" in Palpatine's eyes was above Yoda, no, he's evidently not at his peak...

MythLord
@Nova

1. Drallig got near blitzed, tbh. And yeah, she's a clear inferior, but Ahsoka would be too.

2. She's landed more concrete blows on Vader. And when did Vader give her pauses? The only pauses that were present was when she Force Pushed Vader, and then Clone Troopers had to interfere before she could strike him down; and when Vader pushes her, which she got back up from nigh-instantly.

And she might've been enraged but that usually off-balances Jedi, not to mention Morne just came out of stasis after millennia of not using a lightsaber and kept getting distracted by Muur taunting her the entire time.

3. Shaak's considerable advantage over Galen, and being far more formidable/powerful than beings like Kazdan Parastus or Rahm Kota comes to mind.

him stomping Drallig in spite of his emotional/mental conflict is a good feat for him, nothing else. It doesn't discredit the hindrance, lol.

I'm saying even his hinderance shouldn't matter that much because he's murked beings like Drallig.

SunRazer
Fully committing to the Dark Side isn't really relevant when discussing if he's hindered, there's no relationship between Knightfall Vader and Anakin to prove if he was truly less skilled or powerful.

Seeing as his "peak" in Palpatine's eyes was above Yoda, no, he's evidently not at his peak...

Yes, it is. Not being fully committed to the dark side was an integral part of Anakin's hindrance on Mustafar. Palpatine was wrong when he thought that Knightfall would tie Anakin to the dark side completely.

The peak that he hadn't reached? Yeah, not referring to that. He's obviously not as good as say, when he fought Dooku.

SunRazer
@Nova

1. Drallig got near blitzed, tbh. And yeah, she's a clear inferior, but Ahsoka would be too. I'm saying even his hinderance shouldn't matter that much because he's murked beings like Drallig.

2. She's landed more concrete blows on Vader. And when did Vader give her pauses? The only pauses that were present was when she Force Pushed Vader, and then Clone Troopers had to interfere before she could strike him down; and when Vader pushes her, which she got back up from nigh-instantly.

And she might've been enraged but that usually off-balances Jedi, not to mention Morne just came out of stasis after millennia of not using a lightsaber and kept getting distracted by Muur taunting her the entire time.

3. Shaak's considerable advantage over Galen, and being far more formidable/powerful than beings like Kazdan Parastus or Rahm Kota comes to mind.

1. Hence why I dropped the point, because the disparity between Shaak and Anakin isn't explored. Although wasn't Cin the greatest swordsmaster in the Temple during the operation?

2. Celeste is on the floor more than once, IIRC, and Vader just stands there waiting for her to attack him again. He knocks her down again, etc - it reeks of toying.

3. Considerable? She ended up throwing herself on his blade out of desperation, lol. She was definitely better, but not by the margin you're suggesting, especially considering that the environment favored her.

This version of Galen was equal with Rahm Kota and being outpaced by Kazdan, anyways. I can't see him contending with Vader in the slightest. Ahsoka's still better.

Zenwolf
Why you guys mixing Canon and Legends? <.<

SunRazer
Canon Anakin still has stuff from the novel and junior novel. In fact, most of the best things he had in Legends (skill-wise, at least) are still present in Canon.

Zenwolf
Well I was meaning more Vader.

I just find it wonky to try and squeeze in Legends in Canon, given different events going on and what not.

SunRazer
Canon Vader is portrayed as an improvement over Anakin. Legends Vader, not so much (by this point).

I mean, you can't really directly scale them off each other, but there's a fair bit of common ground.

MythLord
1. Hence why I dropped the point, because the disparity between Shaak and Anakin isn't explored. Although wasn't Cin the greatest swordsmaster in the Temple during the operation?

2. Celeste is on the floor more than once, IIRC, and Vader just stands there waiting for her to attack him again. He knocks her down again, etc - it reeks of toying.

3. Considerable? She ended up throwing herself on his blade out of desperation, lol. She was definitely better, but not by the margin you're suggesting, especially considering that the environment favored her.

This version of Galen was equal with Rahm Kota and being outpaced by Kazdan, anyways. I can't see him contending with Vader in the slightest. Ahsoka's still better.

1. Perhaps the greatest technical swordsmaster, but Shaak's performance is suppose to be superior -- what with her lasting long enough to save several padawans and Knights and only fleeing once she realized the Temple was completely lost.

2. She was actually only on the floor once, and got back up pretty quickly. It doesn't reek of toying; especially not when Celeste had him on the floor and vulnerable at one point, had the Troopers not interfered.

3. Actually, Ti's plan was to skewer the flacker before his blade impales her. But Galen was lucky/desperate, and pushed her blade aside, and Shaak's leap continued and she got pierced... Also, let's just take in for a minute how impressive it is on Ti's part to get pierced by a lightsaber blade and still stand and talk, ultimately only dying because of suicide.

And the environment didn't favour her. Was the world a Light Side Nexus? Perhaps, but it was her presence that made it that way, hence she'd be amplifying herself off of her own power... which doesn't make sense.

And Galen improved from stalemating Rahm Kota, and was only outpaced by Kazdan because Kazdan kept using droid replicas of the Jedi Council attack Galen from the back, and otherwise Marek was on the winning side.

Not to mention Shaak's own canonical superiority to both Rahm and Kazdan, to the point where she's far more formidable, would suggest she's pretty considerably ahead of first mission Marek. You know, the guy who makes TIE-fighters and armies of hundreds of droid gollums look like toys? He's below Shaak Ti. thumb up Hence why I consider Shaak the more powerful Force user, and at least a comparable swordsman.

Also, regarding Galen versus Vader... how much do you think Galen improved between his fights with Vader and Shaak? He didn't go on too many missions, or fight too many opponents to gain a vast improvement, nor is the Chosen One to go from getting stomped to stomping in like a week, or a Sith'Ari to go all Gary-Stue and suddenly stomp someone he was losing to after two training sessions. There's certainly a noticeable difference, but then again there's a noticeable difference in Canon and Legends Vader in terms of power, speed and skill.

Zenwolf
Ti rallied Jedi to fight with her against the Clone attack before doing evacs and then fleeing as the Databank notes, I don't see how this would make her superior.

MythLord
I'm referring to her actually surviving a supposed confrontation with Vader long enough for several Jedi and padawans to flee. And the databanks notes she only fled once it became apparent the Temple was completely lost, by which point she'd be overrun by Clones.

Comparing that to Drallig, who got two-shotted... yeah... not quite as impressive.

Zenwolf
I'm referring to her actually surviving a supposed confrontation with Vader long enough for several Jedi and padawans to flee. And the databanks notes she only fled once it became apparent the Temple was completely lost, by which point she'd be overrun by Clones.

Comparing that to Drallig, who got two-shotted... yeah... not quite as impressive.

A supposed confrontation....from an obscure comic panel, I'm not really taking that as evidence they ever even encountered one another.

The panel could mean anything, it was noted she was in deep meditation at the time, maybe that was just sensing him or something as the attack was going on. Maybe it was just a way to show Anakin just having fallen to the dark side and become Darth Vader. Who the hell knows.

Her rallying Jedi to her would mean she has backup, so I don't see how she would fight Anakin alone there.

It makes more sense and evidence supports, that she just fought against the Clones with her fellow Jedi before doing evacs and fleeing.

On that note, I did try and message Haden Blackman about it to see what that panel was suppose to be about...I doubt I'll get an answer but we'll see, I can never get an answer to any SW question like others do on here from authors.

SunRazer
I'll respond later.

MythLord
Originally posted by Zenwolf
A supposed confrontation....from an obscure comic panel, I'm not really taking that as evidence they ever even encountered one another.

The panel could mean anything, it was noted she was in deep meditation at the time, maybe that was just sensing him or something as the attack was going on. Maybe it was just a way to show Anakin just having fallen to the dark side and become Darth Vader. Who the hell knows.

Her rallying Jedi to her would mean she has backup, so I don't see how she would fight Anakin alone there.

It makes more sense and evidence supports, that she just fought against the Clones with her fellow Jedi before doing evacs and fleeing.

On that note, I did try and message Haden Blackman about it to see what that panel was suppose to be about...I doubt I'll get an answer but we'll see, I can never get an answer to any SW question like others do on here from authors.

See, the problem with that is: it's your conjecture that she was just sensing Anakin. That scan in the comic has a rundown of all of Ti's accomplishments over the Clone Wars: a fight with Grievous, the training of Clone Troopers, her defense of Kamino, etc. It has Shaak Ti, surrounded by flames, an activated lightsaber and Anakin angrily looking at her right there in the center. Seems like they've fought.

She rallied to the Jedi to fight against the onslaught of Vader and his Clones; she obviously wouldn't survive against both Vader and an armada of Clone Troopers at the same time. And like I said, she only fled once she realized the Temple was completely lost, to the point that fighting would've ultimately been a fruitless endeavour.

BTW, how do you get a writer's email?

BazookaMaster
LEGENDS

Best combatant Count Dooku can defeat? Obi-Wan Kenobi, Naga Sadow, Darth Malak on Star Forge

Best combatant Anakin can defeat? Exar Kun, Starkiller

Best combatant Asajj Ventress can defeat? Kit Fisto

Best combatant Revan can defeat? Count Dooku, Arcann, maybe Exar Kun?

Best combatant Exar Kun can defeat? Probably same as Revan

Best combatant Shaak Ti can defeat? ROTS: Qui-Gon Jinn, Jaden Korr, Kenth Hamner, TFU: Plo Koon, Asajj Ventress, Savage Opress

Best combatant Darth Plagueis can defeat? Pre-TPM Sidious, Darth Krayt?

CANON

Best combatant Count Dooku can defeat? Obi-Wan Kenobi, Rebels Ahsoka

Best combatant Anakin can defeat? same

Best combatant Asajj Ventress can defeat? Grievous

Best combatant Shaak Ti can defeat? Magna Guard

cs_zoltan

Arcann

Sidious, without the prophecy bs Mace

Fisto

Kun, Caedus

With hax and trinkets JA Luke, without that Dooku

Meetra

Vader, Krayt

carthage
1. Kenobi tier duelists (Malgus, Jaina, Ulic, Mara Jade, Cade Skywalker etc)

2. Mace Windu/Count Dooku probably anyone below that doesn't eclipse him with force feats

3. Probably Sora Bulq/Darth Nihl

4. No Idea and don't really care

5. Probably Kao Cen Darach, Kas'im tier characters and below

6. Vader, Mace, Dooku

Trocity

|King Joker|
The Inquisitors could probably replicate Galen's first mission TIE fighter feat, honestly, lol.

Rebels Ahsoka thumb up http://img.pandawhale.com/72883-oprah-oh-hell-no-gif-Imgur-GQSg.gif

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by BazookaMaster

Best combatant Revan can defeat? Count Dooku, Arcann, maybe Exar Kun?
Lmfao.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Lmfao. I'm with some hood girls lookin' back at it
And a good girl in my tax bracket
Got a black card that let Saks have it
These Chanel bags is a bad habit
I-I do balls, Dal Mavericks, my Maybach, black magnet
Bittch, never left but I'm back at it
And I'm feelin' myself, jack rabbit
Feelin' myself, back off, cause I'm feelin' myself, jack off
Heard he thinks about me when he whacks off
Whacks on? Wax off
National anthem hats off, then I curve that nigga, like a bad toss
Lemme get a number 2, with some Mac sauce
On The Run Tour, with my mask off

DarthAnt66
Rough draft. Giving three guys from different eras.

Best combatant Dooku can defeat? Ulic-Qel Droma, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Cade Skywalker, etc.

Best combatant Anakin can defeat? The Father, Jesus, the Holy Spirit.

Best combatant Asajj Ventress can defeat? Bastila Shan, Luminara Unduli, Lumiya, etc.

Best combatant Revan can defeat? Arcann, Darth Vader, Darth Caedus, etc.

Best combatant Exar Kun can defeat? Arcann, Darth Vader, Darth Caedus, etc.

Best combatant Shaak Ti can defeat? Kas'im, Kit Fisto, Darth Talon, etc.

Best combatant Darth Plagueis can defeat? Revan, Talzin, Darth Krayt, etc.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Rough draft. Giving three guys from different eras.

Best combatant Dooku can defeat? Ulic-Qel Droma, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Cade Skywalker, etc.

Best combatant Anakin can defeat? The Father, Jesus, the Holy Spirit.

Best combatant Asajj Ventress can defeat? Bastila Shan, Luminara Unduli, Lumiya, etc.

Best combatant Revan can defeat? Arcann, Darth Vader, Darth Caedus, etc.

Best combatant Exar Kun can defeat? Arcann, Darth Vader, Darth Caedus, etc.

Best combatant Shaak Ti can defeat? Kas'im, Kit Fisto, Darth Talon, etc.

Best combatant Darth Plagueis can defeat? Revan, Talzin, Darth Krayt, etc. Boy toy named Troy used to live in Detroit
Big dope dealer money, he was gettin' some coins
Was in shootouts with the law, but he live in a palace
Bought me Alexander McQueen, he was keeping me stylish
Now that's real, real, real
Gun in my purse, *****, I came dressed to kill
Who wanna go first? I had them pushing daffodils
I'm high as hell, I only took a half a pill
I'm on some dumb shit, by the way, what he say?
He can tell I ain't missing no meals
Come through and **** him in my automobile
Let him eat it with his grills and he tellin' me to chill
And he telling me it's real, that he love my sex appeal
Say he don't like 'em boney, he want something he can grab
So I pulled up in the Jag, and I hit him with the jab like
Dun-d-d-dun-dun-d-d-dun-dun

MythLord
Geezus...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.