Maris Brood vs. Bastila Shan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Force sabers all out

SunRazer
Wasn't Maris doing favorably against Galen until he switched to a form she wasn't familiar with? It was on a nexus, though. Hmm...

Bastila wins Force, though.

UCanShootMyNova
The nexus was empowering her but I don't believe it was negatively affecting Galen. He just comments on how he can't use brutal methods to take Maris out due to Bail Organa's presence.

SunRazer
There's a number of instances where direct statements about the Jedi being hindered aren't given, but we know from external sources that DS nexuses generally weaken them.

BazookaMaster
Force: Bastila, 6-8/10
Sabers: Maris, 8/10
All out: Maris, 6-7/10

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by SunRazer
There's a number of instances where direct statements about the Jedi being hindered aren't given, but we know from external sources that DS nexuses generally weaken them.

I don't think Galen considered himself a Jedi at that point.

MythLord
Well he's clearly not a Dark Sider.

UCanShootMyNova
He considered himself an apprentice of Vader though I can't remember if he faced Maris before or after thinking about whether to betray Vader and use the Rebel Alliance as his own tool.

UCanShootMyNova
Also I thought you weren't talking to me? :P

darthbane77
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
He considered himself an apprentice of Vader though I can't remember if he faced Maris before or after thinking about whether to betray Vader and use the Rebel Alliance as his own tool. He was still Vader's apprentice when he fought Brood. I don't think Galen considered himself otherwise until after Vader betrayed him on Corellia; though I could be mistaken.

darthbane77
Sabers probably goes to Maris
Bastila gets the edge in The Force
I think Bastila has it all out, but it's close and I could be swayed.

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by darthbane77
He was still Vader's apprentice when he fought Brood. I don't think Galen considered himself otherwise until after Vader betrayed him on Corellia; though I could be mistaken.

He muses on using the RA for his own purposes before Corellia.

QuakeBlood
Sabers: Maris
Force: Bastila
All out: Maris

darthbane77
He muses on using the RA for his own purposes before Corellia. Didn't remember that, it's been some time since I read the book.

UCanShootMyNova
At least you've read the book.

darthbane77
I remember very little about it though, I was in like 6th Grade; don't remember much from then. Probably should read it again though.

UCanShootMyNova
thumb up

SunRazer
I don't think Galen considered himself a Jedi at that point.

What he considers himself is irrelevant. I'm referring to Force alignment. And yes, all light siders are weakened on a DS nexus, not just Jedi. My wording before was simply poor.

UCanShootMyNova
Your Force alignment is inherently connected to your philosophy and outlook. Was Galen still drawing on the Darkside when using lightning on Vader in their final fight.

Oh don't worry, I understood that part. I was using Jedi as a blanket term for lightsider a as well.

chingchangwalla
Both shit. Bastila's more powerful, she wins

UCanShootMyNova
She should be a superior combatant, yeah.

SunRazer
You don't think Galen was a light sider?

Either way, Maris was amped.

MythLord
Depends if you attribute the DS nexus to Maris' own shifting of it -- which would then technically make it her own power, with which she can't externally amp herself -- or to Ti's death.

I'm more impartial to the latter since the novel hints at it more, while the Campaign Guide notes Maris caused other Felucians to fall to the Dark Side.

So yeah, Maris was amped.

Darth Truculent
Is this Bastilla amped up by the Star Forge?

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by SunRazer
You don't think Galen was a light sider?

Either way, Maris was amped.

At that point? I don't know. The novel leaves his affiliation ambiguous.

Yes.

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by MythLord
Depends if you attribute the DS nexus to Maris' own shifting of it -- which would then technically make it her own power, with which she can't externally amp herself -- or to Ti's death.

I'm more impartial to the latter since the novel hints at it more, while the Campaign Guide notes Maris caused other Felucians to fall to the Dark Side.

So yeah, Maris was amped.

I favor the former as we've talked about in the past.

I still don't understand why you hold the position that a character can't amp themselves if they were the ones to shift the balance through their actions.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.