Barel Ovair vs Jaden Korr

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SunRazer
The slayer of a Sadow-possessed Eison Gynt confronts the slayer of a Ragnos-possessed Tavion Axmis. Sith infiltrator vs rising Jedi prodigy.

Standard equipment, fight takes place on Coruscant where Ovair fought his apprentice. Who wins?

darthbane77
I'm inclined to say Jaden would take this. Ovair is skilled, beating a vessel of Naga Sadow says that enough; but Jaden has more to his name that just defeating the spirit of Marka Ragnos (who was more powerful than Sadow anyway.) So I'll say Jaden.

BazookaMaster
Jadenn

SunRazer
Ovair's also got Concealing his DS alignment from the Jedi Order and standing in the Council Chamber undetected.

The dude's pretty powerful.

MythLord
Meh, that's a Sidious level feat.

He's a basic Dark Jedi. Also, why are suddenly powers like Tutaminis, Mind Trick, Dark Healing or Concealment ways to scale telekinesis?

SunRazer
"Basic Dark Jedi" lmfao. And no, it doesn't directly scale into telekinesis, but it scales into his power.

MythLord
Yeah, Sidious is a basic Dark Jedi. Wouldn't even pass for that in Revan's time. Holistic intent and all that.

Yes, raw power or perhaps skill with a power, doesn't mean he's approaching Korr in terms of TK.

SunRazer
Actually, holistic intent gives Sidious the ability to tear apart space itself. smile

For someone who defeated Sadow! Gynt, you don't think he can compare in terms of combatively relevant power?

MythLord
Meh, Sadow!Gynt is unquantifiable, honestly. Does he have a respectable portion of his powers? Or a very miniscule one... If anything, the latter would make more sense given Sadow's hype and feats would logically put him considerably ahead of beings like Barel Ovair.

SunRazer
Well, that's kind of unfounded. Ovair has no established upper limit, really, you can't just claim that he's of this class and that X is definitively above him. After all, Vitiate entrusted him with eliminating Sith spirits that he considered to be threats to his power.

I agree Sadow was weakened, though, and by a considerable amount, but still enough to make him very powerful. I mean, "Gynt's borrowed powers were formidable", per the Timeline videos. Which isn't much in of itself, but I'm inclined to believe that Sadow!Gynt is still at least Qui-Gon+ tier.

MythLord
Oh come on... Qui-Gon+ tier? Seriously, that's rather unfounded.

We know Ovair was not yet a Master, i.e. the top of the craft of the Jedi Order, so I doubt he's anything more than an above average Knight.

Also, where does it say Vitiate entrusted him with eliminating Sith Spirits?

SunRazer
Huh? Ovair's directly stated to be a Jedi Master, lol, not to mention coming from the same heritage as Eison Gynt, namely being widely considered to be the greatest of his generation, which opens the possibility of them both exhibiting that Kun/Revan/Anakin-like potential and allowing them to surpass Master-tier even as mere Knights.

And it's clear that Vitiate entrusted the Ovair family to both infiltrate the Jedi Order and land "preemptive strikes" by eliminating Sith spirits that Vitiate felt might threaten his return to power. Seriously, did you even watch the video? Gnost-Dural directly states as much in it. Timeline 7: Peace of the Republic. Watch it.

MythLord
Honestly, once a year ago, but I found both Ovair and Eison to be overly forgettable, as are most of Dural's timeline recordings.

SunRazer
Here are the quotes in question.

And:

MythLord
Danke.

SunRazer
Although it's funny that TOR retconned itself yet again by having Sadow's spirit come back in TOR as an easter egg, so I guess Ovair didn't neutralize his spirit after all, lmfao.

MythLord
Ovair's a failure. He dies to TPM Kenobi!

SunRazer
Sadow! Gynt almost certainly >> TPM Kenobi, tbh.

MythLord
Do you consider Sadow!Gynt an amplified Gynt or just, yeno, Sadow in a weaklings body.

AncientPower
Originally posted by SunRazer
Although it's funny that TOR retconned itself yet again by having Sadow's spirit come back in TOR as an easter egg, so I guess Ovair didn't neutralize his spirit after all, lmfao.

The Sith spirits in SoR make no sense whatsoever tbh.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.