Depa Billaba vs. Satele Shan (Lightsabers only)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Round 1: Canon Depa vs. SOR Satele

Round 2: Composite Depa vs. SOR Satele

Duel takes place on neutral ground

|King Joker|
Round 1: Not sure, leaning Depa.

Round 2: Depa, no question.

Deronn_solo
Refresh my memory here guys: what are Satele's best saber feats? Losing emphatically to Malgus, not one, but twice? Blitzing nameless random Sith? I'm not seeing anything here that would mark her as especially exceptional, despite her position indicating she should be more skilled than what she has shown.

I want to raise her in skill as I feel I'm, undercutting her a bit but....

Trocity
thumb up

Ven Zallow was blitzing Sith casually and gave Malgus a better fight than Satele ever did.

Wolf Sazen blitzes nameless Sith ffs. Satele really has no impressive lightsaber feats.

She exchanged a few blows with Revan without getting the Knightfall Drallig treatment? That's something?? Happy Dance

|King Joker|
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
Refresh my memory here guys: what are Satele's best saber feats? Losing emphatically to Malgus, not one, but twice? Blitzing nameless random Sith? I'm not seeing anything here that would mark her as especially exceptional, despite her position indicating she should be more skilled than what she has shown.

I want to raise her in skill as I feel I'm, undercutting her a bit but.... I'm pretty much in the same boat. Usually I give her the benefit of the doubt, but yeah, she really doesn't seem to have much.

chingchangwalla
Depa curbs

Deronn_solo
I recall on CV when people had Satele > Vader and Anakin --- boy those were the days. She was generally seen as the number 3 Jedi, behind Yoda and Luke, tbh.

Nova even said she could beat Revan and Bastila simultaneously, kek. laughing out loud

Trocity
F**k me. Dark times.

NewGuy01
Yeah, saber-wise Satele's noticeably inferior to chaps like Ven Zallow and Aryn Leneer, at least from what we've seen of her. Composite Depa wins every time.

UCanShootMyNova
Depa in both.

BazookaMaster
Round 1: Canon Depa dies
Round 2: Legends Depa stomps

DarthAnt66
Shan.

darthbane77
Matching Darth Malgus for a lengthy period of time is rather impressive, but what we see in the trailers is basically all we have; Which isn't much to go on. There is an accolade that says Satele felt most at home while in combat, suggesting comfort while in combat which in turn suggests great skill; but that's speculation on my part. So I'll have to give this to Depa unfortunately, if it was all out I would say Satele though.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.