I believe I have the answer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Marc
Have you noticed that NEO has the same physical identity throughout all levels (matrix, out of matrix, meeting with architect)? This implies that he is the ONE. The computer versions all have different physical identities (Agents, agent smith, oracle, architect, bad guy in "out of matrix"wink.... just a thought...

Another note... At the end of the movie, NEO mentions that: THE ONE WAS NEVER MEANT TO END THE WAR... meaning they will somehow join together (By the way, I believe this is how he gets his "new" powers in the "real world"... it's an expansion in awareness/consciousness) The oracle even says something between those lines: THE ONLY WAY I SEE OUT OF THIS IS BY JOINING TOGETHER... NEO even says something about this to the chacellor: SO HUMANS NEED ROBOTS AND ROBOTS NEED HUMANS; GOOD POINT...

To emphasize what I'm trying to say... if the bioelectrical machines need electricity.... and if they get if from humans... then by killing humans, they would not have enough energy, therefore they would also die.

I believe that LOVE is the answer to all questions. NEO has that piece of code; the machines do not. That's why the machines don't see any reasons why they would live with humans (also why the MerilVengian doesn't see any reason why he would give up the Key Maker... also why he and Percephone don't "connect" with each other... she has the "love" code but he doesn't. All of this results in causing "failures" in the matrix, and in the real world. NEO bases all of his decisions on LOVE, that's why he's the ONE. That's why he can feel everything in every level of existence.

I truly hope you understand this...

GoldenGod24
Interesting point, and it makes sense. If you've seen the preview for Revolutions at the end of Reloaded, then you know that there's gonna be some final showdown between Neo and Smith, meaning that Smith is somehow Neo's nemesis. I think it's because he has the capacity to hate- remember in the first Matrix how he was telling Morpheus that he "hates this place." So I'm thinking that he was originally a program (of course) designed to hate humans, especially ones that were unplugged, but after he was unplugged himself, he gained certain privileges, such as the ability to duplicate himself. That's my theory, but of course, I could just be talking out of my ass.

Marc
That's right, and with Smith's capability of copying himself, I believe he will copy himself into NEO, to which NEO will then have the ability to copy himself to others (Remeber Neo said that when smith put his hand into neo, neo said it felt like dying, just like when he flew into the agent in the first movie. therefore, neo will have to "die" in order to solve the problem). Since Love is the predominant force/code, love will override Hate and both neo and Smith will become one and they will copy their code onto others, and so forth. Love will remain the dominant "GOD CODE".

Ushgarak
Why do people keep completely forgetting that the Architect told Neo that they COULD live without the humans if they HAD to? That was one of Neo's prime shocks- he had always assumed the machines 100% needed the humans to live but this has turned out to be not so.

Swedenborg
... if the architect is telling the truth wink

jimbo3
Just had a thought... If machines needed humans because they didn't have the Sun. Why couldn't they just move to Mars?
...and it wasn't a very good thought.

Swedenborg
*LOL*

Well, there are lots of "what if..."

Most answers to those questions are: "because the film wouldn't be that exciting" =P

Tevesh
it would take a whole lot of energy to "move" to mars just for one machine, let alone millions. it would be much more economical to just put themselves into orbit or somesuch and maybe EVENTUALLY settle on mars

The Unknown
Neo meant that The One was never supposed to defeat the machines. He was only meant to help reboot the matrix.

burlyman
when he said it 'felt like i was back in that hallway, it felt like dying'
hes talking about when smith killed him

JediHDM
Neo meant that the prophecy was untrue, that he was not meant to end anything...However, (and i just thought of this, so its still got kinks in it) maybe, the machines DO need the humans, and they use reverse psychology to manipulate the one into doing what they want, whether he chooses the left or right door, so perhaps, even though Neo can stop Smith, he must still reboot the matrix, and it is all control, no matter the choice...

tshirt
Why do people think that Archie is lying?
I haven't seen anyone in either movie lie. (Except maybe the Oracle)Some misinterpretations.

"Neo is the One" True or Lie?

That depends on how you define "The One." He was "The One" that would save humanity, if he had chosen to go to the source, picke 23 other people and repopulate Zion. (thus, he is also "The One" that saves Zion).

Maybe he will be "The One" that destroys the Matrix or the machine world, we don't know that yet.

Who else in the movies have lied? I don't know of anyone.

JediHDM
i believe that the archie is lying, or, in the least, twisting the truth to serve his purposes, whatever those may be.

Sifer
The machines are willing to accept living without emotion and humans, but they would rather not. Just my 2 pence...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.