Jedi Exar Kun vs TCW Anakin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

chingchangwalla
Force
Sabers
All out

- Late TCW Annie

carthage
Who has Anakin fought that matches elite duelists like Sylvar or Vodo?

chingchangwalla
Don't be dissing Sylvar now

darthbane77
Originally posted by carthage
Who has Anakin fought that matches elite duelists like Sylvar or Vodo? Dooku possibly.

darthbane77
I'm gonna say Kun, even as a Jedi he was on par with if not flat out superior to Vodo.

Deronn_solo
Anakin, LMAO.

MythLord
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
Anakin, LMAO.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by darthbane77
I'm gonna say Kun, even as a Jedi he was on par with if not flat out superior to Vodo.

Why because his Dual Lightsabers eventually overpowered Vodo's force stick?

Vodo actually had him beat first anyway before Kun called for his 2nd Saber.

chingchangwalla
That force stick was stronger than a lightsaber... Ever seen Anakin break through a lightsaber?

MythLord
A lightsaber doesn't even have strength...

Maybe the stick can break through stuff better than a lightsaber can?

AncientPower
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Why because his Dual Lightsabers eventually overpowered Vodo's force stick?

Vodo actually had him beat first anyway before Kun called for his 2nd Saber.

Which might be relevant if not for the fact that Kun defeated Vodo multiple timed beforehand.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by AncientPower
Which might be relevant if not for the fact that Kun defeated Vodo multiple timed beforehand.

When? That was the first time they fought properly IIRC

AncientPower

Darth Thor
^ Sparring.

chingchangwalla
Baas wouldn't just let him win :/ don't lowball it

AncientPower
As was their first on-panel duel.

SunRazer
They were sparring that time too, Darth Thor.

Their only non-spar duel was when Kun killed him.

Darth Thor
I thought they were fighting cause Kun was pissed off. Will have to read it again.

In any case winning some sparring matches doesn't mean he was sjuperior, just like Dooku winning some sparring matches against Windu doesn't necessarily make him superior.

SunRazer
Kun's suggested to win more than he loses, lol.

AncientPower
It states his skill is such that he even bests Vodo numerous times in sparring matches, inherently implying that's very impressive. Vodo even admits Kun id that good at the conclusion of their last spar. Once Kun reached his prime, Vodo's stated to have never stood a chance in a combat with him.

There is no debate here.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by SunRazer
Kun's suggested to win more than he loses, lol.

Not in that line he wasn't.

Just that he beat him multiple times. In sparring no less.

Their first fight we see though, Vodo wins first, and Kun only turns the table when he switches to Jar Kai.

AncientPower
Because Kun waan't paying attention whilst being a cocky ****, did you even read the dialogue?

Darth Thor
Because Kun waan't paying attention whilst being a cocky ****, did you even read the dialogue?

You mean the same dialogue that suggests he was only able to win thanks to wielding 2 Sabers against Vodo's 1 stick?

Yeah I did actually.

AncientPower
Vodo mocks him, whilst conceding to Kun's abilities. Immaculate source of information.

UCanShootMyNova
Who do you think wins AP? smile

Balta Skywalker
I'm going to bring my weapon.
*Calls TheNuisanceBird*

TheNuisanceBird
Ok, what's going on here? I was notified that this thread needed my help.

Balta Skywalker
Originally posted by TheNuisanceBird
Ok, what's going on here? I was notified that this thread needed my help.

It's mostly me wanting to see you facing the other guy who's a big Anakin fan. Actually, let's make a thread about that

carthage
Anakin wins pretty handily

Darth Thor
Vodo mocks him, whilst conceding to Kun's abilities. Immaculate source of information.

Kun "won" because his 2 Sabers were able to cut through Vodo's stick. Which is what Vodo concedes to.

However Vodo and his stick handled single Saber Kun pretty easily tbh.

AncientPower
Baas used his overconfidence to distract him from the vulnerability of his defenses, yet it's outright stated that Kun is better.

UCanShootMyNova
Who do you think wins AP?

TheMuser
Originally posted by chingchangwalla
That force stick was stronger than a lightsaber... Ever seen Anakin break through a lightsaber?

I KEK So hard at this, The quote says "More Powerful" not "Stronger" A more powerful weapon=/= more durable. If I take a gun and start bashing it against a tree I won't get very far now will I? But if I take a axe, I will get through. Although in combat one is clearly more powerful then the other.

DarthDuelist9
Anakin's strength and aggresive fighting style can definitely match Kun's while at the same time he's just more skilled and probably more powerful so he takes it. I think Padawan Anakin would be a better match up for Jedi Kun.

AncientPower
>Early TCW Anakin and Obi-Wan struggle to kill one Tuk'ata.
>Jedi Kun easily slaughters almost thirty.
>Anakin is more skilled and powerful.

carthage
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
Who do you think wins AP?

Lol

DarthDuelist9
>Early TCW Anakin and Obi-Wan struggle to kill one Tuk'ata.
>Jedi Kun easily slaughters almost thirty.
>Anakin is more skilled and powerful.

First of all that was a year before AtoC and we have no idea that the Tuk'ata Kun encountered are of the same caliber as the ones the Jedi team encountered.

AncientPower
Kun was being hindered by Nadd's spirit, so he's hardly at full strength in that instance either.

The nexus was less powerful by Bane's time and would be even lesser a thousand years after, as Plagueis stated. So yeh, you're probably right, the one Anakin and Obi-Wan faced was likely less impressive than the full blown tomb guardians Kun faced.

DarthDuelist9
Kun was being hindered by Nadd's spirit, so he's hardly at full strength in that instance either.

The nexus was less powerful by Bane's time and would be even lesser a thousand years after, as Plagueis stated. So yeh, you're probably right, the one Anakin and Obi-Wan faced was likely less impressive than the full blown tomb guardians Kun faced.

You're comparing Kun's hindering with Anakin growing massively between AotC and end CW?

So you habe evidence that there is a correlation between the power of a nexus and the strength of the Tuk'ata?

AncientPower
I'm comparing 'demolishing' thirty times as many, whilst having Freedon Nadd's spirit, who later stomps Vodo via TP across the galaxy, hindering him. Whereas Anakin had Obi-Wan's aid.

Not exact, but I can't be bothered grabbing the Dark Side Sourcebook, the Tuk'ata as well as the Hssiss, directly correlate with the power of their sites.

This isn't even Jedi Kun's best indication.

Beniboybling
Could we have on Kun "demolishing" thirty Tukata?

AncientPower
Count the Tuk'ata on the statues to the left, fourteen, the row to the right would have the same number, they're supposed to appear as if part of the statues themselves. That indicates at least 28, but there may well have been more.

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/6/67/GreatTemple_(Korriban).jpg

So Freedon Nadd is blocking his connection to the light side of the Force, he's reduced to straight up anger. Damn impressive feat.

Beniboybling
Fair, although it seems he was drawing on the dark side to accomplish that feat, the prievous instances in which he does it's indicated Nadd was actually fuelling his power, and he's on a nexus to boot. So I'd hardly say he was hindered...

More importantly though Tukata seem a pretty shitty measuring stick when they are readily presented as fodder in other sources i.e PoD, SWTOR, KOTOR, and Anakin's fight with one predates the Clone Wars by a year so meh.

DarthDuelist9
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Fair, although it seems he was drawing on the dark side to accomplish that feat so I'd hardly say he was hindered considering his surroundings.

More importantly though Tukata seem a pretty shitty measuring stick when they are readily presented as fodder in other sources i.e PoD, SWTOR, KOTOR, and Anakin's fight with one predates the Clone Wars by a year so meh.

Also take into consideration that the Jedi Quest series (where Anakin fights the Tukata) tends to present characters less then they are. In Jedi Quest 2, which takes place 5 years after TPM, Obi-Wan with the aid of 3 other renowned Jedi have apparently some trouble with a dozen battle droids so that kind of falls in line with the Tukata being a major threat to the same (but more experienced) Jedi group.

Beniboybling
Yeah writers tend to be rather loose when it comes to portrayal of fodder, if this had been OCW for example you could expect a rather different interpretation.

Deronn_solo
Yeah, fodder are relative to the writer, and situation - they aren't written equal, especially across era. In some sources we have Yuuzhan Vong Warriors being stomped by slight above average NJO Jedi, and others, we have Luke Skywalker, having trouble plowing through a Vong Warrior of the same caste and rank as the above average Jedi.

Now are we going to try to use that showing to hype up that slightly above average Jedi? KEK.

AncientPower
I agree, it's hardly the best measuring stick, just want to test the waters here.

It isn't really the crux of why I think Kun may well win this, anyway.

DarthAnt66
What season for Skywalker in particular?

DarthDuelist9
I agree, it's hardly the best measuring stick, just want to test the waters here.

It isn't really the crux of why I think Kun may well win this, anyway.

Why do you think he would win?

AncientPower
Being better than the hindered Jedi Ulic who speedblitzed five Krath and Warb Null, for starts.

Beniboybling
I'd say contending equally with Dooku edges out against that...

AncientPower
Well Null can react almost as fast as thought, he was wrecking Tott, Cay and an earlier Ulic, better yet he has the combative memory imprint and knowledge of Sith like Freedon Nadd and King Adas. Ulic legit blitzed him, despite Null being prepared and having five Krath to slow Ulic down, as well as a suppressive wall of darkness hindering Ulic on top of the dark side nexus itself.

Kun is stated to have 'greater' potential than Ulic as of this feat, according to Nadd.

That is basically blitzing the love-child of Durge and Savage on Vjun, which may well be better than driving back Dooku due to strength.

I can see it going either way though.

Beniboybling
Mmm, so slower than Ezra then, and simply because it took place on one page doesn't mean it was a blitz. Instead we see multiple images of Ulic fighting indicating it was a more protracted engagement.

Regardless I'm not seeing where he "wrecked" anyone, he doesn't seem that impressive.

AncientPower
Kek.

He blitzed through the Krath faster than a sword could hit the ground then generated a blur by diving through Null's defense and decapitating him.

Cay says they can't beat him.

Beniboybling
I was talking about Null, Ezra has moved faster than thought. Nor does generating blurs = a blitz, everyone can generate blurs, it's called movement.

And Cay seemed pretty optimistic, maybe we're reading a different comic. Regardless that still doesn't prove he wrecked anyone, despite them being on a DS nexus.

DarthAnt66
Kulvax stomping. Lmfao @ Beni saying Ezra is faster than Null.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Beniboybling
You're trying too hard lol.

DarthDuelist9
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Kulvax stomping. Lmfao @ Beni saying Ezra is faster than Null.

That was because AP said Null could move almost as fast as thought while Ezra has moved faster then thought even before getting any training.

Beniboybling
Which demonstrates how meaningless and trivial those kinds of remarks are in general. thumb up

UCanShootMyNova
thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.