Hal Jordan/Superman vs. Magneto/Phoenix

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
*Morals off/bloodlust on for both

*Full Potential Magneto as of the final Battle in Cairo
*Composite Phoenix with Apocalypse/Last stand feats

http://cinemasiren.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/green-lantern-movie.jpg

and

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/f8/0b/38/f80b3841cb3ed71182ef04f769b9d892.jpg

vs

http://66.media.tumblr.com/31c3ccf2ff790d362a357dabc39a1924/tumblr_o7cb72TiKS1sc0ffqo3_540.gif

and

http://n.sinaimg.cn/translate/20160612/JWPd-fxszkzy5171240.gif

tkitna
Phoenix solo's

Kotor3
Wolverine killed the Phoenix. Team wins because of Hal. Actually, Hal solos.

tkitna
Originally posted by Kotor3
Wolverine killed the Phoenix. Team wins because of Hal. Actually, Hal solos.

Context. Phoenix committed suicide. She allowed Wolverine to kill her.

Silent Master
Originally posted by tkitna

You might have to use smaller words, he's not the brightest bulb in the house.

Kotor3
Context. Phoenix committed suicide. She allowed Wolverine to kill her. I wouldn't called that suicide. While she wanted to die his healing powers is what enable him to even reach her. That is the only reason he survived otherwise he would have die.

Either way as I said Hal solos. He flings them both into outer-space in record time.

NotAllThatEvil
Or just creates a green sun around them.

juggerman
Hal/Kal win

Josh_Alexander
Phoenix can defeat them easily without a doubt.

carver9

This and Phoenix solos.

carver9
Originally posted by NotAllThatEvil
Or just creates a green sun around them.

And kill his partner? Thats not hero like.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by carver9

She isn't good. She's evil.

ShadowFyre
Wow. Phoenix solos and how anyone can think differently is retarded. How does Hal solo? She can easily stop anything he does.

Kotor3
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
Wow. Phoenix solos and how anyone can think differently is retarded. How does Hal solo? She can easily stop anything he does. Right, the guy who willpower was strong enough to stop Parallax will not be able to do anything to Phoenix? LOL. What the hell is she going to do to Hal or Superman?

Silent Master
Right, the guy who willpower was strong enough to stop Parallax will not be able to do anything to Phoenix? LOL. What the hell is she going to do to Hal or Superman?

Must you always lie about what happened in movies?

Kotor3
Originally posted by Silent Master
Must you always lie about what happened in movies? If I am lying then please tell what happen.

Silent Master
If I am lying then please tell what happen.

Easy, he didn't beat Parallax through willpower like you claimed. he beat Parallax by tricking him into getting caught in the sun's gravity and then punching him.

Kotor3
Easy, he didn't beat Parallax through willpower like you claimed. he beat Parallax by tricking him into getting caught in the sun's gravity and then punching him. NP. Your comprehension is next to none. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0nfZ3AtxoQ

Video supports my statement. But for fun let me explain to you in simple terms. Stop means to prevent or halt. Using his willpower (which fuels his power) Hal prevented or stop Parallax from destroying him and the world. Without willpower Hal powers do not work and he is unable to do anything to Parallax including luring him to a specific location.

Silent Master
Let's look at your new argument.

Tell me, how does Hal having enough willpower to fly help him beat Phoenix?

Kotor3
Let's look at your new argument.

Tell me, how does Hal having enough willpower to fly help him beat Phoenix? What's new about the argument? As for the flying comment, you tell me what transportation is suppose to be used to reach the sun?

Silent Master
What's new about the argument? As for the flying comment, you tell me what transportation is suppose to be used to reach the sun?

How does Hal having enough willpower to fly mean that he'll be able to beat Phoenix?

Kotor3
How does Hal having enough willpower to fly mean that he'll be able to beat Phoenix? You just repeated yourself. Also, you forgot your first statement about the new argument part.

Silent Master
Because you didn't answer the question.

So, How does Hal having enough willpower to fly mean that he'll be able to beat Phoenix?

BruceSkywalker
LMMFAO @Hal doing anything to Magneto or Jean....

Erik/Jean take care of business

Silent Master
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
LMMFAO @Hal doing anything to Magneto or Jean....

Erik/Jean take care of business

According to kotor; seeing Hal fly will cause Phoenix to die from a massive heart attack, or something along those lines.

BruceSkywalker
According to kotor; seeing Hal fly will cause Phoenix to die from a massive heart attack, or something along those lines.

When I was reading his posts, I am just laughing

NotAllThatEvil
Originally posted by carver9
Suns don't kill superman. They do the opposite of that.
I believe someone said morals off and bloodlusted.

Silent Master

Movie Hal never made an artificial sun.

Kotor3
Because you didn't answer the question.

So, How does Hal having enough willpower to fly mean that he'll be able to beat Phoenix? Yes, I did. Let me repeat my answer, so, what is new about my argument? What transportation are you suppose to use to reach the sun?

Silent Master
The question was, How does Hal having enough willpower to fly mean that he'll be able to beat Phoenix?

You have in no way answered that question.

Kotor3
The question was, How does Hal having enough willpower to fly mean that he'll be able to beat Phoenix?

You have in no way answered that question. Yes I have, but you haven't answered my questions. So, I accept your clear concession once again.

NotAllThatEvil
Movie Hal never made an artificial sun.

Sinestro did. And he trained hal.

Kotor3
Silent Master never saw the movie. He believes Hal's only ability and power is to fly.

carver9

Prove that the sun Hal will create have the same power as a yellow sun. Also, prove that Superman can even survive in a sun. I want to see clips not your opinion.

carver9

We don't share fts.

Silent Master
Yes I have, but you haven't answered my questions. So, I accept your clear concession once again.

You're confusing responding and answering. at no point have you actually answer my question.

How does Hal having enough willpower to fly mean that he'll be able to beat Phoenix?

Sinestro isn't a part of this thread.

Kotor3
You're confusing responding and answering. at no point have you actually answer my question.

Sinestro isn't a part of this thread. No, I'm not confused at all. You want to know how a statement that I never made would occur. Since you made the statement you answer the question.

Silent Master

ShadowFyre
im confused. Superman has yet to sundip on top of Hal never creating a star with those properties. Hal can fly? Everything will be flying when Mags and Phoenix cut loose. Team 1 gets destroyed.

SquallX
Superman survived the pull of a miniature black hole, that speed puts him above anything those 2 have ever reacted too.

He speed blitz, or laser there faces off, or throws a mountain on them. Nothing Mags or Phoenix have ever done can match Kal.

Also before people say Jean can just atomized him, remember Logan survived it due to his healing and he was just walking toward Jean. Here, Jean won't have the luxury of having Kal walking toward her, but he'll be coming at Mach speed at her.

Silent Master
So did Lois.

tkitna
I wouldn't called that suicide. While she wanted to die his healing powers is what enable him to even reach her. That is the only reason he survived otherwise he would have die.

Either way as I said Hal solos. He flings them both into outer-space in record time.

Lol. Do you think Jean was using her powers to their fullest extent when Wolverine was walking towards her? Here's a tiny sample of what Jean can do. If she wanted Wolverine dead, he would be dead (as would Hal and Clark).

K5cRSs4SZrU

Kotor3
Lol. Do you think Jean was using her powers to their fullest extent when Wolverine was walking towards her? Here's a tiny sample of what Jean can do. If she wanted Wolverine dead, he would be dead (as would Hal and Clark).

K5cRSs4SZrU LOL. Wovlerine has tank worst than that in The Wolverine where he survived the atomic bombing of Nagasaki, while shielding Ichirō Yashidahim from the blast.

Dude, have you seen the Green Lantern and new Superman movies? What exactly within those scenes makes you think the Phoenix can do anything to Superman or Hal?

SquallX
So did Lois.

Don't be dense man. Lois didn't survive the pull of a mini black hole, Kal did.

Silent Master
Originally posted by SquallX
Don't be dense man. Lois didn't survive the pull of a mini black hole, Kal did.

So Lois died?

SquallX
So Lois died?

erm

Silent Master
???

Surtur
It's a quickdraw I'd imagine. Phoenix is tough, but her body can be harmed. Wolverine, who has no ranged attacks nor does he have any real enhanced speed, had to endure some shit in order to get close.

Superman or Hal don't necessarily need to get close.

Kotor3
So did Lois. Prove it, troll.

Silent Master
Prove it, troll.

So what you're saying is that you've never seen the movie. I mean don't you have anything better to do than make retarded claims and arguments?

LI3eBENgyVQ

h1a8
How could phoenix even hurt Superman? Did you see the zod fight? Nothing Phoenix did was on that magnitude of damage. And Superman wasn't damaged in the slightest after all of that.
Phoenix is not bullet proof. That means that she can be penetrated very easily. Plus Superman has speed on his side.

Kotor3
So what you're saying is that you've never seen the movie. I mean don't you have anything better to do than make retarded claims and arguments?

LI3eBENgyVQ LOL. Thanks for proving SquallX point.

Kotor3
One for the records. Silent Master believes Lois Lane can survive miniature black-holes on her own.

Silent Master

LI3eBENgyVQ

Kotor3
One for the records. Silent Master believes Lois Lane can survive miniature black-holes on her own.

Silent Master

LI3eBENgyVQ

Points to the fact that Lois wasn't injured.

Kotor3
Points to the fact that Lois wasn't injured. Are you really this retarded? I must know. So, you are clearly implying that Lois is stronger than Superman who is visibly effected by the singularity? Lois is stronger than everyone and thing that was suck into the singularity? The singularity was weak even though Superman is visibly struggling to get clear of it?

Your comment is beyond stupid as is your reasoning. Here is a youtube video for you - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYNSvoEWU5Y

Its a theory. I'm sure the movie producers didn't want to kill Lois so early in the series.

Silent Master
I'm not claiming anything other than Lois wasn't injured, which the clip clearly shows.

Kotor3
How it that applicable to this thread?

Silent Master
Someone tried to use that scene as a durability feat, I merely pointed out that a normal human survived it. thus as durability feats go, it wasn't very impressive.

This is information you'd know if you actually watched the movie and read the thread before responding.

Surtur
Originally posted by h1a8
How could phoenix even hurt Superman? Did you see the zod fight? Nothing Phoenix did was on that magnitude of damage. And Superman wasn't damaged in the slightest after all of that.
Phoenix is not bullet proof. That means that she can be penetrated very easily. Plus Superman has speed on his side.

I assumed people meant she'd take him out via mental attack, since yeah she won't be doing much damage to the guys actual body.

Kotor3
Someone tried to use that scene as a durability feat, I merely pointed out that a normal human survived it. thus as durability feats go, it wasn't very impressive.

This is information you'd know if you actually watched the movie and read the thread before responding. So, the normal human survived on their own accord? That is what you saw occur?

SquallX

This is information you'd know if you actually watched the movie and read the thread before responding.

I never used that feat as a durability feat, I used it as speed feat for Kal.

Surtur

LI3eBENgyVQ

About like 35 seconds in what starts to happen to his face? What is..it seems like it's almost warping? Or is that me?

I mean you ever see the special effect in Harry Potter when a Dementor kind of gets close to someone and feeds on them? It kind of looks like that.

Kotor3
I never used that feat as a durability feat, I used it as speed feat for Kal. Dude anyone with reading comprehension could tell that by reading your post. Now you spoiled my fun with Silent Master.

Kotor3
Superman survived the pull of a miniature black hole, that speed puts him above anything those 2 have ever reacted too.

He speed blitz, or laser there faces off, or throws a mountain on them. Nothing Mags or Phoenix have ever done can match Kal.

Not one mention of durability but that is how Silent Master translated the statement.

Silent Master
I never used that feat as a durability feat, I used it as speed feat for Kal.

It's not much of a speed feat either, as the stuff it was pulling it wasn't moving very fast.

Kotor3
If I recall correctly, the singularity which is pretty much the phantom zone opening again only drew things that had come from the Phantom zone. Which explains why Lois kept falling and wasn't sucked it. However Superman spent time in the Phantom Zone having used a Phantom Drive to come to Earth. I believe it was implied that the World Engine is empowered by Phantom Drive energies which Superman was also affected with. Thus, showing why Superman was effected and not Lois.

So, that pretty much shuts down any disparity Silent Master tried to imply.

Silent Master
Not at all, based on the speed of the objects it was pulling in Superman's feat isn't that impressive speed-wise. You'd have been better off using his other flying feats.

Not that you're aware of his flying feats, as you never watched the movie.

Surtur
Not at all, based on the speed of the objects it was pulling in Superman's feat isn't that impressive speed-wise. You'd have been better off using his other flying feats.

Not that you're aware of his flying feats, as you never watched the movie.

So do you feel Superman did nothing speed wise to at least suggest he has a 50/50 shot at using his heat vision before Phoenix uses mental powers?

Silent Master
I'm more responding to the idea that the scene in question was some kind of massively impressive speed showing.

I think it's entirely possible for either team to win.

Kotor3

Not that you're aware of his flying feats, as you never watched the movie. laughing

Silent Master
Get back to me after you watch the movie

Ascendancy
Magneto is done outright. Phoenix's only chance against Supes is the mental side. Her powers at max took time to cut Wolverine down, but his skin isn't super tough, he simply heals. One full on shot to the dome from Supes would literally cave her head in.

Silent Master
You think the Wolverine scene was an example of Phoenix going all out?

Ascendancy
Considering what she'd already done at that point, i.e., back in the subdivision and to the soldiers/weaponry as Magneto directed her once they left the bridge and her concentration as Logan worked his way towards her I'd say yes. If you want to pull in evidence that she was still toying around and wasn't at peak you're free to, but I don't recall anything suggesting that. She didn't demonstrate anything capable of destroying Superman before he could take her head from her shoulders. Now, if you want to argue that her mental powers could come into play, that might be an interesting discussion.

Unless we're arguing here only the AoA version?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.