Darth Malgus vs Darth Vader

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darthbane77
Force
Sabers
All Out

Versions: FE Malgus and TFU Vader

UCanShootMyNova
Vader in all. Close in all.

carthage
TFU 2 Vader?

Vader wins all

UCanShootMyNova
TFU Vader Carthage.

chingchangwalla
Vader for a slim majority

AncientPower
FE Malgus might very well defeat TFU Vader, tbh.

darthbane77
Originally posted by carthage
TFU 2 Vader?

Vader wins all Just the first TFU.

cs_zoltan
Originally posted by AncientPower
FE Malgus might very well defeat TFU Vader, tbh.

lel

Make it 18BBY Vader for a fair fight.

Deronn_solo
Vader grounds him and pounds him.

chingchangwalla
I don't get this whole Vader stomps Malgus. On paper it's a great fight.
Strength: More or less equal
Saber skill: Vader edges out
Force skill: Vader edges out
Agility: Clearly Malgus
Pain Tolerance: Pretty equal but Vader's cybernetics provide relative weakness for force attacks

AncientPower
If Malgus is indeed locked away somewhere on Zakuul, then he's recovered from the near complete destruction of a space station and the vacuum of space, after being killed by the strike team. That defecates on Vader's durability.

Besides that, I don't see how TFU Vader is even remotely close to stomping whatsoever by any means against an Emperor Malgus who was flattening the team that killed Revan in a less powerful incarnation, an Emperor Malgus who is far superior to the incarnation that stomped Aryn Leneer.

Deronn_solo
Who said Vader stomps, though?

AncientPower
You said he grounds and pounds him, Zoltan claimed it wasn't even a fair fight. What the hell has TFU Vader done that renders this so one-sided?

cs_zoltan
Emperor Malgus who was flattening the team that killed Revan in a less powerful incarnation.

lmao, Malgus lost.

Deronn_solo
Grounds and pounds don't mean stomp, tho.

AncientPower
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
lmao, Malgus lost.

As did Revan, to a less powerful team. erm

None of that changes the fact Malgus was putting them on their knees with a single burst of Force lightning, blasting them with Force waves and choking three of them out whilst fighting the fourth.

Have anything else to 'contribute'?

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
>Legitmately capable of all those things
>Lost the fight
>laughing out loud

Nephthys
So did Revan.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Yep.

SunRazer
Which is why this fluffy ragdolling stuff shouldn't be taken at face value, lmfao.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Nephthys
So did Revan. Neph gets it.

MythLord
Vader, 10/10. He's better where it really counts.

SunRazer
He's just better.

cs_zoltan
Have anything else to 'contribute'?

Yes. Taking MMO boss mechanics at face value is cancer.

But sure let's go with it.

It took a strike team of 8 to kill a single rancor and 2 hutt bodyguards. So Malgus = 1/2 rancor or 1 hutt bodyguard.

Vader can oneshot rancors. Vader godstomps Malgus.

Beniboybling
thumb up

carthage
Guess we better no take cut content, and all of AP's and Nova's bullshit "holistic" interpretations of crap that never made it to the game.

AncientPower
Zoltan, what a strawman you have there, negating all of his feats as MMO mechanics is pathetic and completely misinformed.

The Malgus storyline plays out where he uses the Imperial protags as a means to gain assets that he uses when he declares himself Emperor. Malgus faces the same strike team he has been using that whole time, he even openly mocks and thanks them for how they had helped him. This includes the Foundry which he takes technology from for his Fortress, something openly stated in the flashpoint.

Trying to handwave that as 'herp derp MMO mechanics' is laughable, this isn't like the Dread War where it's just a massive strike team of heroes.

Beniboybling
He wasn't disputing the number of people involved lmao.

BazookaMaster
Force: Vader, 10/10
Sabers: Vader, 8/10
All out: Vader, 9-10/10

chingchangwalla
^ Wow, do you know Darth Malgus is son?

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by Beniboybling
He wasn't disputing the number of people involved lmao.

thumb up laughing out loud

AncientPower
He's seriously disputing the feats then? That is even more cancerous.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
>Legitmately capable of all those things
>Lost the fight
>laughing out loud

cs_zoltan
He's seriously disputing the feats then? That is even more cancerous.

Commander Jensyn >>> Malgus.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Darth Soverus >>> Malgus as well.

DarthAnt66
For one, there's a distinction with what Revan did (dominating NPCs), and with what Malgus and friends did (dominating PCs). I see no reason to believe why the former shouldn't be taken seriously, since it's all scripted and not player-based like the PC interactions. In regards to Malgus, we see him doing the lightning and telekinesis feat in the cutscene anyway. He's immensely powerful, but Vader's better. The notion Vader rapes someone he has pictures of in his bedroom is hilarious though. Vader's never raped anyone of note, nor really anyone not of note either.

FreshestSlice
Malgus can choke out 3 people and TP one, but only as long as there are four people there. When there's three, he can only choke 2 people. Malgus confirmed hole in the Force and is draining strike team during the fight. It all makes sense now.

DarthAnt66
For the record though, I'm down with Malgus' gameplay feats being legit too. Doesn't bother me, lmfao.

Tondemonai
Malgus in all

Edit: Vader has a chance in Force, but not much.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
For the record though, I'm down with Malgus' gameplay feats being legit too. Doesn't bother me, lmfao.
Anything that isn't consistent is bullshit.

chingchangwalla
For one, there's a distinction with what Revan did (dominating NPCs), and with what Malgus and friends did (dominating PCs). I see no reason to believe why the former shouldn't be taken seriously, since it's all scripted and not player-based like the PC interactions. In regards to Malgus, we see him doing the lightning and telekinesis feat in the cutscene anyway. He's immensely powerful, but Vader's better. The notion Vader rapes someone he has pictures of in his bedroom is hilarious though. Vader's never raped anyone of note, nor really anyone not of note either.

thumb up

Tondemonai
If Malgus is indeed locked away somewhere on Zakuul, then he's recovered from the near complete destruction of a space station and the vacuum of space, after being killed by the strike team. That defecates on Vader's durability.

I'm sorry, what? When did this come out?

AncientPower

Well put.

@Tond, there was a bunch of teasing stuff at one of the events they had that showed Malgus in carbonite IIRC.

Tondemonai
Huh. Not sure whether to be disappointed in their lack of creativity or setting off fireworks because one of my favorite SW characters is making a comeback.

SunRazer
Malgus being in carbonite could mean he was saved by something else, not necessarily that he survived through sheer power.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.