(Dane Whitman) Black Knight vs Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
Who takes this?

riv6672
Unless BK got a major power boost, then Thor.

StiltmanFTW
At least you were honest that you never read a comic, Jma.

In a pure melee combat, no flight, no hammer throws, no lightning, etc. BK would have a chance... that's it.

riv6672
I'd like to see that fight.

krisblaze
Could BK cut Thor? Most def.

Could he win this? Not a chance in hell.

beatboks
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
At least you were honest that you never read a comic, Jma.

In a pure melee combat, no flight, no hammer throws, no lightning, etc. BK would have a chance... that's it.
Actually lightning woild give Dane one shot.
He used the ebony blade to absorb and fir3 Zues' lightning mack at him after all.

ShadowFyre
Originally posted by beatboks
He used the ebony blade to absorb and fir3 Zues' lightning mack at him after all.

And Mnolnir can absorb any form of energy including anti-matter and redirect it 100 fold. So I guess the play tennis with energy and first to miss explodes?

Jmanghan
Uh... Isn't the Ebony Blade > Mjolnir?

Dane was able to use it to fight off people who are incredibly powerful.

Jmanghan
What if I replace Dane with Bloodwraith?

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Uh... Isn't the Ebony Blade > Mjolnir?

Dane was able to use it to fight off people who are incredibly powerful.

Not really some think so here but it's more a matter of opinion than fact.

It's a "good match" only if you nerf thor.

Jmanghan

zopzop
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Not really some think so here but it's more a matter of opinion than fact.

The Ebony Blade has killed a Death God with the entire power of his Pantheon in him. The Ebony Blade put to Zeus' throat caused him to calm down real fast (this is the same guy that took a blow to the head from Mjolnir and didn't even flinch). The Ebony Blade was used to weaken Mechanosaurus Rex so that Thor could put it down (without the Blade, Mjolnir wasn't doing enough damage to keep up with it's self repair system). The Ebony Blade shattered Nemesis (I'll let you look that one up).

krisblaze
Thor just needs a mild gust of wind and he can send Dane to another continent.

StiltmanFTW
I've never read a comic from beginning to end in my life, I read respect threads and shit.

I found out about the Black Knight in a versus thread.

100% KMC canon.

--

Giant form?

Not if it were an AoE blast.

riv6672
I just dont see BK winning here. Not lowballing him, but Thor's just too much.

ShadowFyre
I guess its an oppinion on which is more powerful. Mjolnir has dropped plenty of powerful beings. On top of having a plethora of other powers, control over energy and time etc.

But as a direct attack weapon I would say the blade is more powerful.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by riv6672
I just dont see BK winning here. Not lowballing him, but Thor's just too much.

Yeah, without special stipulations, it's a spite thread.

Originally posted by ShadowFyre
I guess its an oppinion on which is more powerful. Mjolnir has dropped plenty of powerful beings. On top of having a plethora of other powers, control over energy and time etc.

But as a direct attack weapon I would say the blade is more powerful.

Pretty much...

ShadowFyre
F$#!@% Mechasaurus Rex. Characters like that is why LSD is iillegal.

riv6672
Yeah, without special stipulations, it's a spite thread.

Pretty much...
Yeah.

And i'd have a hard time choosing between the two.

beatboks
And Mnolnir can absorb any form of energy including anti-matter and redirect it 100 fold. So I guess the play tennis with energy and first to miss explodes?

FTR not saying Dane wins (hes toast in a majority). Just pointing out that its ability to absorb redirect energy gives him a play with lightning.

I'm a fan of both (probably one of the few for Dane).

Jmanghan
If Dane gets close and actually lands a strike, I wouldn't be surprised of the Ebony Blade knocks Mjolnir out of Thor's hands.

The Ebony Blade is one of the most powerful weapons in Marvel, maybe not in the Top 5, but its WAYYYY up there.

Mjolnir cannot compete.

krisblaze
You really need to read comics before posting here thumb up

Jmanghan
Originally posted by krisblaze
You really need to read comics before posting here thumb up zopzop literally just posted scenarios in which the Ebony Blade was superior in every way, despite Mjolnir (and Thor) being involved.

krisblaze
zopzop literally just posted scenarios in which the Ebony Blade was superior in every way, despite Mjolnir (and Thor) being involved.

No. Zopzop posted a few examples where the Ebony blade have been more lethal than Mjolnir.

How these examples count as "every way" I have to wonder.

I suggest reading comics to remedy your ignorance.

ShadowFyre
Like I said. Just because it does more damage doesent make it more powerful.

Jmanghan
Like I said. Just because it does more damage doesent make it more powerful. Then what would you call it?

It can block more powerful attacks then Mjolnir can, as well as dish out more damage.

StiltmanFTW
They do different types of damage. Piercing vs. blunt force. Both are indestructible.

Zop has a hard-on whenever he discusses EB capabilities and its potential, but the fact is... Dane - a f*cking normal human who is not even a top tier fighter - doesn't do much with it.

Mjolnir is like a Swiss army knife of superhero weapons... and it's wielded by a Class 100 thunder "god".

Also, remember about the starting distance - 0.5km. One hammer throw and Dane is finished, simple as that.

Jmanghan
They do different types of damage. Piercing vs. blunt force. Both are indestructible.

Zop has a hard-on whenever he discusses EB capabilities and its potential, but the fact is... Dane - a f*cking normal human who is not even a top tier fighter - doesn't do much with it.

Mjolnir is like a Swiss army knife of superhero weapons... and it's wielded by a Class 100 thunder "god".

Also, remember about the starting distance - 0.5km. One hammer throw and Dane is finished, simple as that. ...And yet Dane was able to beat Zeus.

leonidas
geez man, do a little research on your own how about?? he never beat zeus. all he did was absorb and redirect a blast:

http://static3.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/8/80262/2917282-black_knight_absorbs_zeus.png

thor stalemated zeus for HOURS 1 on 1. this thread should have been closed a long time ago as spite. dane has zero chance. the sword is cool, can cut most things, is VERY strong against magic. with the blood curse in effect it can be even more powerful. the hammer though is on a different level ENTIRELY in terms of offensive abilities and scope of power. not to mention its being used by a friggin god. could the sword cut and hurt thor? of course. would it ever have the chance? not unless thor is a moron.

this thread needs to go....

krisblaze
...And yet Dane was able to beat Zeus.

You didn't read the comic you ****ing idiot.

Dane was not even close to beating Zeus.

And redirecting a blast is just a lesser capability. Thor's hammer hammer could redirect and amplify it.

Christ you're ignorant.

StiltmanFTW
...And yet Dane was able to beat Zeus.

No, he wasn't.

Originally posted by leonidas
geez man, do a little research on your own how about?? he never beat zeus. all he did was absorb and redirect a blast:

http://static3.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/8/80262/2917282-black_knight_absorbs_zeus.png

thor stalemated zeus for HOURS 1 on 1. this thread should have been closed a long time ago as spite. dane has zero chance. the sword is cool, can cut most things, is VERY strong against magic. with the blood curse in effect it can be even more powerful. the hammer though is on a different level ENTIRELY in terms of offensive abilities and scope of power. not to mention its being used by a friggin god. cut the sword cut and hurt thor? of course. would it ever have the chance? not unless thor is a moron.

this thread needs to go....

YOU KNOW NOTHING

SEE BLACK KNIGHT RESPECT THREAD

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=15378123

Over 9000 scans posted by Jma himself.

haw-som

Sorry, Jma - low blow... but I couldn't stop myself stick out tongue

leonidas
YOU KNOW NOTHING

SEE BLACK KNIGHT RESPECT THREAD

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=15378123

Over 9000 scans posted by Jma himself.

haw-som

Sorry, Jma - low blow... but I couldn't stop myself stick out tongue

ewww, ouch.... embarrasment

riv6672
Nice. I like respect threads.

Jmanghan
FTR not saying Dane wins (hes toast in a majority). Just pointing out that its ability to absorb redirect energy gives him a play with lightning.

I'm a fan of both (probably one of the few for Dane). This was good point.

One Big Mob
This was good point. Was being the key word, outdated information now. Namor was the most powerful character in Marvel at one point too.

Board Walker
The Ebony blade is sentient, and it passively protects its wielder from danger if it is in line with its purposes.

If the Ebony blades purpose and or desire was to erase Thor, then Thor would be erased effortlessly. This is the same Ebony Blade that effortlessly erased a Skyfather and its entire pantheon, it is also the same entity/blade that forced Zeus to back down or be erased. Furthermore, it is the same blade that Odin couldn't influence or destroy. Finally, it is the same entity/blade that was bringing about omniversal erasure until it decided not to.

DarkSaint85
Board Walker with the knowledge, as always.

Good match Jman.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.