Who out of the TOR Sith Empire can defeat Karness Muur?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SunRazer
Vitiate's excluded because he's obvious.

Fight takes place say, on Dromund Kaas. Which Sith can take him down?

MythLord
Besides maybe the protags... none.

DarthAnt66
Dread Masters. Maybe Darth Malgus.

darthbane77
Maybe FE Malgus, The Dread Masters, possibly the Wrath and Nox.

Nephthys
Jadus?

Jmanghan
No one.

DarthDuelist9
Malgus and the dreadmaesters.

BazookaMaster
Vitiate wins 10/10
Dread Masters win 7-8/10
Maximaum enraged Malgus wins 5-6/10
Nox and Wrath win 3-4/10
Marr, Jadus, Thanaton and Baras win 1/10
Others win 0/10

ares834
Maybe Malgus.

MythLord
Oh yeah, the Dreadmasters. Forgot about them.

darthbane77
Originally posted by Nephthys
Jadus? Didn't even think of Jadus, he's a good one to.

UCanShootMyNova
Possibly Jadus, Malgus, or the DM's.

Sinious
Originally posted by Nephthys
Jadus? thumb up

Tondemonai
Originally posted by BazookaMaster
Vitiate wins 10/10
Dread Masters win 7-8/10
Maximaum enraged Malgus wins 5-6/10
Nox and Wrath win 3-4/10
Marr, Jadus, Thanaton and Baras win 1/10
Others win 0/10

I would switch Wrath and Jadus, but otherwise pretty solid thumb up

SunRazer
Would Jadus/Malgus really beat him?

DM's sound like a fair call, but they seem incredibly difficult to rank.

darthbane77
Originally posted by SunRazer

DM's sound like a fair call, but they seem incredibly difficult to rank. Malgus is pretty iffy, but his durability and combat skill might be enough to pull a win. Jadus was considered second only to Vitiate in the Empire, and his feats (although few) suggest incredible power. So I'd say Jadus is a fair bet.

Trocity
Seriously doubt Malgus would beat Muur.

Ziggystardust
Do those batting in Malgus' corner also think he can beat Krayt?

UCanShootMyNova

It's unlikely and I favor Muur in all of those fights but they should be CAPABLE of beating him under certain circumstances.

ares834

I'd think Jadus and Malgus would have a better shot than a single Dread Master.

UCanShootMyNova
I think he means all the DM's.

SunRazer
Yes, obviously.

Jmanghan
Yes, obviously.

Don't all the Dread Masters at once = Revan?

I'd say thats enough to put them above Muur.

chingchangwalla
^ thumb up

Jmanghan
However, I'd say that Jadus or Malgus beating him is a bit of a stretch.

ares834
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
I think he means all the DM's.

Makes sense. I figured that the OP wanted singular Sith though rather than groups.

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Don't all the Dread Masters at once = Revan?

I'd say thats enough to put them above Muur.

Lol. Pushing Vitiate does not equal being superior to VP Vader or Vong Krayt and being comparable to Sidious.

If we look at this logically if Vader had a much greater chance of defeating Muur then he did Sidious he would have allied himself with him if only to replace Sidious with a weaker master that he'd have a better chance of overthrowing.

chingchangwalla
Ehh dunno about Jadus but I reckon Malgus could

ares834
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
Lol. Pushing Vitiate does not equal being superior to VP Vader or Vong Krayt and being comparable to Sidious.

If we look at this logically if Vader had a much greater chance of defeating Muur then he did Sidious he would have allied himself with him if only to replace Sidious with a weaker master that he'd have a better chance of overthrowing.

Or, you know, better the devil you know.

Anyway, the text makes it unclear whether Vader would be victorious or if he were "merely replacing one master for another." Comparatively, as of RotJ, Vader believes he has no chance against Palpatine.

UCanShootMyNova
But the fact is that if Muur had been substantially weaker Vader would have simply used him to replace Sidious so that he would have at least been able to weaken whatever Master he did have. He must have thought that whatever gap in power existed between Sidious and Muur wasn't worth the knowledge he already had on Palpatine.

ares834
Considering Vader's unsure whether he or Muur is going to be the master, that's clearly not the case.

But it's a pretty moot when debating "power levels" as resisting Muur isn't about force power but rather will power and motivations. It's like the One Ring in that regard.

UCanShootMyNova
Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't believe Vader ever thought that it was possibility he'd become the master in his relationship with Muur. His plan was to either use Muur as a tool to get rid of Palpatine but the inherent risk was that Muur would also be too powerful for Vader.

You ability to resist a Force user's influence is directly tied to your power in the Force.

ares834
The possibilities were he either resists Muur or he doesn't. If Vader could tap into the Muur talisman and use the power as he will would that not make him the master of it?

Certainly does not seem to be the case with the Muur talisman. But if that's the case, then Vader clearly can resist it as Celeste (an inferior force user) was able to do so.

UCanShootMyNova
It would make him the master of the Talisman which would allow him to draw on Muur's power as a spirit though it doesn't necessarily mean he would have been more powerful then Muur was in life.

But the question is would Vader be able to fully draw on its power without being possessed?

ares834
You're correct. And I've never said nor even implied as much.

UCanShootMyNova
I didn't mean to imply you did.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.