Qui Gon Jinn/TPM Obi Wan vs. Plo Koon/Ahsoka Tano

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Force sabers all out

*TCW Ahsoka vs. TPM Obi Wan

*Legends/Canon feats for all

Who wins?

Beniboybling
Ahsoka is better than Kenobi and Koon is at least a match for if not greater than Jinn. Team 2 win.

Darth Thor
Good match up.

chingchangwalla
Qui Gon

UCanShootMyNova
Qui Gon and Kenobi. Better synergy and Obi Wan should be a better duelist.

|King Joker|
Plo is convincingly > Jinn, IMO, and Ahsoka and Kenobi are pretty close. I also doubt synergy would matter as much, seeing as how it'd probably split into two 1v1s. I'd give it to Plo & Ahsoka in a good fight.

chingchangwalla
PLO IS NOT > JINN
****ing done

ares834
Jinn lost to Maul...

Pretty weak TBH.

DarthAnt66
Tano isn't better than Kenobi, lmfao.

I'd put Jinn on Koon's level or above, too.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by ares834
Jinn lost to Maul...

Pretty weak TBH.

Screw you mad

MythLord
And Plo lost to Savage... even weaker, tbh.

Jinn should be at least as good as Plo, and Kenobi is > Tano.

chingchangwalla
Jinn would **** Plo a hundred times over

Darth Thor
Originally posted by MythLord

Jinn should be at least as good as Plo, and Kenobi is > Tano.

thumb up

Although Tano is probably close to TPM Kenobi.

Beniboybling
Kenobi's abilities were eclipsed by a weaker version of Maul that Ahsoka was dispatched to take in alone and Force pushed on his ass. And where beyond that Kenobi has no notable combat performances to his name, Ahsoka held off Grievous and Asajj Ventress before her prime. She's better tbh.

Koon was stated to be among the most powerful Jedi ever both as a combatant and a Force user, beating Asajj Ventress and contending with Savage Opress being no better than barely escaping with his life from a wounded Maul. On the other hand Koon isn't past his prime and Jinn's telekinetic feats don't compare. So he's probably better too.

DarthDuelist9
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Kenobi's abilities were eclipsed by a weaker version of Maul that Ahsoka was dispatched to take in alone and Force pushed on his ass. And where beyond that Kenobi has no notable combat performances to his name, Ahsoka held off Grievous and Asajj Ventress before her prime. She's better tbh.

Koon was stated to be among the most powerful Jedi ever both as a combatant and a Force user, beating Asajj Ventress and contending with Savage Opress being no better than barely escaping with his life from a wounded Maul. On the other hand Koon isn't past his prime and Jinn's telekinetic feats don't compare. So he's probably better too.

Season 4 Maul was stated to be restored to his former power (TPM) and he outmatched Kenobi, someone who has fought more or less equally with Grievous, so Obi-Wan's performance against Maul in TPM definitely eclipses ahsoka's against GG or Ventress.

chingchangwalla
So losing to Savage and contending with Ventress makes you one of the most powerful Jedi ever? Wonder what that makes Luke...

Beniboybling
Better than Jinn. thumb upOriginally posted by DarthDuelist9
Season 4 Maul was stated to be restored to his former power (TPM) and he outmatched Kenobi, someone who has fought more or less equally with Grievous, so Obi-Wan's performance against Maul in TPM definitely eclipses ahsoka's against GG or Ventress. S4 Maul was stated to be more powerful than ever, and Kenobi only did well against Maul when amped by fury, but OK, that wasn't really my point anyway.

chingchangwalla
Respect gone Beni.

Beniboybling
https://media0.giphy.com/media/3o85xu10Wg5Nl7xwVG/200.gif

You wound me. smile

Darth Thor
Kenobi's abilities were eclipsed by a weaker version of Maul that Ahsoka was dispatched to take in alone and Force pushed on his ass.

She wasn't sent alone, she was sent with troops. Let's not pretend she was already TCW Kenobi/Maul level.

S4 Maul was stated to be more powerful than ever,

His Rage was more powerful than ever. But no way S4 Maul > TPM Maul. He was completely out of practice and just given new legs to adapt to. 2 Legs was something he hadn't even used in over 10 years.

That said, I don't think S4 Maul was truly a match for TCW Kenobi yet.

DarthDuelist9
Originally posted by Darth Thor
She wasn't sent alone, she was sent with troops. Let's not pretend she was already TCW Kenobi/Maul level

His Rage was more powerful than ever. But no way S4 Maul > TPM Maul. He was completely out of practice and just given new legs to adapt to. 2 Legs was something he hadn't even used in over 10 years.

That said, I don't think S4 Maul was truly a match for TCW Kenobi yet.

Is that why Obi-Wan ended up running away? Interesting...

Beniboybling
She wasn't sent alone, she was sent with troops. Let's not pretend she was already TCW Kenobi/Maul level.I meant in respect to lightsaber combat, she did not have Kenobi and Anakin as backup. Instead they believed she could handle herself. But I never meant to suggest that, merely that she could hold her own, otherwise clones or not it would've been a death sentence.His rage made him more powerful in the Force. But as a combatant I agree, however as you say he never legitimately beat Kenobi.Originally posted by DarthDuelist9
Is that why Obi-Wan ended up running away? Interesting... A battered and bruised Obi-Wan whom Maul unbalanced with Dun Moch and landed two kicks on with legs that one-shotted Bruck Chun. On the other hand it was Maul who was sent packing in Revival.

Darth Thor
His rage made him more powerful in the Force.

At this early stage I doubt that. The Narrator states his rage is more powerful than ever at the beginning of the S4 finale. Then during that episode once Maul has been revived, he actually had to concentrate just to pick up his own Saber with the Force.

It's somewhere between the S4 finale and the S5 opener that Maul's power in the Force seems to have grown. Through a combination of his Rage and his new found purpose, and of course practising using his abilities again.

Originally posted by DarthDuelist9
Is that why Obi-Wan ended up running away? Interesting...

Well Kenobi was winning before he was distracted aiding Ventress. Plus you know, he had that beating just prior to the fight.

Beniboybling
At this early stage I doubt that. The Narrator states his rage is more powerful than ever at the beginning of the S4 finale. Then during that episode once Maul has been revived, he actually had to concentrate just to pick up his own Saber with the Force.

It's somewhere between the S4 finale and the S5 opener that Maul's power in the Force seems to have grown. Through a combination of his Rage and his new found purpose, and of course practising using his abilities again.Several observations are made that state his survival of being bisected and restoration at the hands of Mother Talzin made him more powerful, including Maul's own. Could be that in regards to TK he was just out of practice, but that doesn't mean he wasn't stronger.

DarthAnt66
Beni's arguments are pitiful as always. laughing out loud

Beniboybling
Huh, for a second there I thought you might have something of value to contribute. mmm

DarthAnt66
Your exile is of great value to us all. thumb up

DarthDuelist9
A battered and bruised Obi-Wan whom Maul unbalanced with Dun Moch and landed two kicks on with legs that one-shotted Bruck Chun. On the other hand it was Maul who was sent packing in Revival.

Yeah, who shows no signs of any lasting injury, nor is it noted in any source that his 'beating' did any real damage. Obi-Wan's unbalancement was because he released his fury (StarWars.com confirms this) and the last time he did that (TPM against Maul) it amplified his abilities so... What does it matter Maul kicked Obi-Wan? That only shows that he's a better combatant if it caused lasting injury and they decided to run because Savage just lost an arm, Maul was pretty comfortably dominating Obi prior to that.

DarthDuelist9
Well Kenobi was winning before he was distracted aiding Ventress. Plus you know, he had that beating just prior to the fight.

You mean when Maul started using his lightsaber again after 12 years? Not to mention that he just threw Ventress her lightsaber back and then Maul began getting the better of him, no idea why this would hinder Obi-Wan...

Beniboybling
Yeah, who shows no signs of any lasting injury, nor is it noted in any source that his 'beating' did any real damage. Obi-Wan's unbalancement was because he released his fury (StarWars.com confirms this) and the last time he did that (TPM against Maul) it amplified his abilities so... What does it matter Maul kicked Obi-Wan? That only shows that he's a better combatant if it caused lasting injury and they decided to run because Savage just lost an arm, Maul was pretty comfortably dominating Obi prior to that. OK lol, but I honestly can't be bothered to explain the innumerable flaws in your argument. If you want to believe TCW Maul shits on Kenobi that's your business, but that only makes his TPM performance more of an outlier and Ahsoka more likely to win.

|King Joker|
Yeah, Ahsoka is probably better than Kenobi. thumb up smile

TheNuisanceBird
Plo > Jinn

Kenobi > Tano

It should come down to how long it takes for Kenpbi to take Tano out.

ares834
Originally posted by MythLord
And Plo lost to Savage... even weaker, tbh.

mhmm

Darth Thor
Several observations are made that state his survival of being bisected and restoration at the hands of Mother Talzin made him more powerful, including Maul's own. Could be that in regards to TK he was just out of practice, but that doesn't mean he wasn't stronger.

Those things all ultimately made him stronger, but it took a bit of time. As of the S4 finale he'd just been revived and yes he was out of practice, in both Sabers and TK, which has a pretty big impact on overall combat prowess.

Power doesn't mean much if you're not able to properly tap into it yet.

You mean when Maul started using his lightsaber again after 12 years?

Which is why I'm saying he wasn't back in peak form yet, hence not truly an equal of TCW Kenobi yet.

Not to mention that he just threw Ventress her lightsaber back and then Maul began getting the better of him, no idea why this would hinder Obi-Wan...

Because his mind wasn't fully on Maul until after he aided Ventress. But by that time he'd already missed a couple of points in the fight in which he had the advantage but didn't pursue them due to Ventress.

Overall the fight showed a level of parity, first going in Kenobi's favor, then later going in Maul's favor. Whereas Maul wasn't in peak form, Kenobi didn't give his best performance in that episode either.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.