Jace Malcom vs. Kanan Jarrus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Jace has all of his gear

*Season 2 (Pre blindness Kanan)

Starting distance 40 feet

|King Joker|
Kanan.

Deronn_solo
Feats for Jace?

DarthAnt66
Jace annihilates lmfao.

UCanShootMyNova
Kanan.

darthbane77
Jace

UCanShootMyNova
Why? Do you have any reasons?

darthbane77
He's one of the greatest soldiers in the Republic army for one. Almost powered through Malgus' lightning and tanked a direct hit from the same grenade he blew Malgus' face up with. Basically he's a human tank.

|King Joker|
jace has explosions tht go boom and a cool gun that fires very many bullets

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by darthbane77
He's one of the greatest soldiers in the Republic army for one. Almost powered through Malgus' lightning and tanked a direct hit from the same grenade he blew Malgus' face up with. Basically he's a human tank.

Quote?

That's a feat for Jace's armor and we've seen in Deceived Malgus's lightning lacks the kinetic force behind it that more powerful force users possess so I don't find Jace leaning forward against it before being blown back to be all that impressive especially because Malgus has no measurable demonstrations of the ability before that point.

He's durable but that only means he'll be able to take more abuse from Kanan. What's his answer to telekinesis or Kanan's superhuman reflexes?

darthbane77
He's also killed Sith before. In the Hope trailer he kills a few Sith, and I'd assume the Sith he kills were all superior to Kanan; or at least equal.

Selenial
Jace was one of the best SpecForce troopers in the galaxy, and these guys supposedly were worth more, and could do more damage than an entire platoon of regular troops. His assault canon apparently packs more punch than an entire squad of blaster wielding foes, and his armour can't just tank "repeated Lightsaber strikes," but tank shots too.

He's Havoc's equal, at least, and Havoc has taken numerous Sith down. Kanan really doesn't stand a chance, lmao.

|King Joker|
Unless he throws him against a tree, right? smile

UCanShootMyNova
And remind he how he does this?

Oh yeah, he launched several rockets into a line of them when they were bunched up.

I think Kanan's reaction would look a little something like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jy8PmYZZ-N0

2:37

ares834
Kanan stomps.

Any competent force user can stomp a muggle if there is no PIS/CIS.

Selenial
> thread says season 2 pre blindness
> uses feat from season 3
> syn logic

Selenial
Originally posted by |King Joker|
Unless he throws him against a tree, right? smile

Where's Kanan shown that level of telekinetic ability while fighting an opponent of Jace's calibre? There's a reason that SpecForce could fight and kill Jedi/Sith you know erm

Originally posted by ares834
Kanan stomps.

Any competent force user can stomp a muggle if there is no PIS/CIS.

Tell that to Revan's assassination squads who took down Jedi Masters, lol.

ares834
Obviously there are plenty of examples to the contrary. But that's because of shit like CIS or because of the muggle using surprise or prep.

SunRazer
Well, Harron Tavus beat Darth Angral legit, IIRC. Jace is probably Tavus' equal.

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by Selenial
> thread says season 2 pre blindness
> uses feat from season 3
> syn logic

Given Kanan has accomplished far better feats before this point I don't see why he shouldn't be capable of such.

Do you have a reason why you don't believe Kanan would be capable of such?

ares834
Originally posted by SunRazer
Well, Harron Tavus beat Darth Angral legit, IIRC. Jace is probably Tavus' equal.

Which would be CIS. Angral should have been able to kill him with a gesture. Of course, that doesn't make good stories.

Selenial
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
Given Kanan has accomplished far better feats before this point I don't see why he shouldn't be capable of such.

Do you have a reason why you don't believe Kanan would be capable of such?

Define "better feats".

And because Jace is a far greater tactician than Stormtrooper #18819284. Only a moron employs a rocket from far range at a Jedi who's thoroughly prepared for and anticipating the attack. If however Jace can get Kanan covering from a Grenade blast or another attack, and catches him off guard, Kanan is neither a strong enough or skilled enough of a Jedi to protect himself.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by ares834
Which would be CIS. Angral should have been able to kill him with a gesture. Of course, that doesn't make good stories.

I just read over it and yeah...it's pretty stupid that Angral just doesn't kill the guy. Angral easily withstand his blaster fire, Angral throws his lightsaber and then 2 pages later, Harron somehow gets a grenade shot on Angral and says that he's not so tough without his lightsaber.

Which is completely retarded.

UCanShootMyNova
Moving entire asteroid, pushing back Vader, holding up the debris of a collapsed mining zone, etc.

How do you propose Jace is going to get the jump on Kanan when the latter has precognition? You don't even know what the terrain is, it could be a flat field for all we know.

|King Joker|
Where's Kanan shown that level of telekinetic ability while fighting an opponent of Jace's calibre? There's a reason that SpecForce could fight and kill Jedi/Sith you know erm I don't really understand why I need to provide examples on why Kanan can TK a non Force sensitive? Even if Jace is a skilled fighter, it doesn't mean he can somehow ward off Kanan attempting to ragdoll him right off the bat, if he so chooses. I guess Jace can win if Kanan attempts to bull rush him like those two retarded Sith warriors in the trailer? But even then, probably not, lol.

Zenwolf
There would be only 2 real reasons as to why Kanan wouldn't be able to TK Jace.

1. Morals, even then he's shown to pretty much use TK a lot during combat, so that's kind of unlikely being much a factor.

2. Jace keeps pressuring/firing upon, keep Kanan moving. However this again is rather...questionable due to Jace having to lug around a giant cannon, which would make for difficult moving and aiming.

|King Joker|
no ur wrong jace has killed sith b4 therefore kanan aint tking

UCanShootMyNova
Joker gets it. thumb up

Beniboybling
jace has explosions tht go boom and a cool gun that fires very many bullets

Zenwolf
He actually hasn't, the best Jace ever did? Was throw aside the two Sith that charged at him in the Hope tralier. That's literally all he's done as far as fighting Sith Warriors in terms of showings. You could perhaps speculate he did during in other conflicts, but solo? Unlikely.

In fact reading further about Jace...he's not all that impressive other than saving Satele from Malgus and becoming Supreme Commander later on.

|King Joker|
Damn, this shit just gets better and better, lmfao. smile

Guys, are you sure Kanan can stack up to Jace's insane tackling powers???

Zenwolf
Yes, cause Kanan isn't stupid. smile

Trocity
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Angral easily withstand his blaster fire, Angral throws his lightsaber and then 2 pages later, Harron somehow gets a grenade shot on Angral and says that he's not so tough without his lightsaber.

Lol, wow. Yeah, that is bad stuff.

SunRazer
Originally posted by Zenwolf
I just read over it and yeah...it's pretty stupid that Angral just doesn't kill the guy. Angral easily withstand his blaster fire, Angral throws his lightsaber and then 2 pages later, Harron somehow gets a grenade shot on Angral and says that he's not so tough without his lightsaber.

Which is completely retarded.

Hmm. That's stupid, yeah.

Oh, well.

DarthAnt66
Zen cursed for the first time.

Zenwolf
Where?

Selenial
I don't really understand why I need to provide examples on why Kanan can TK a non Force sensitive? Even if Jace is a skilled fighter, it doesn't mean he can somehow ward off Kanan attempting to ragdoll him right off the bat, if he so chooses. I guess Jace can win if Kanan attempts to bull rush him like those two retarded Sith warriors in the trailer? But even then, probably not, lol.

Because he's never utilised telekinesis to kill an opponent off the bat? He's knocked out Stormtroopers, sure, but he'd need force he's never shown to utilise to do the same to Jace who's far more durable, and wearing armour that tanks literal tanks shots.

And as soon as Jace actually starts firing with a greater fire rate/speed than a squad of Stormtroopers, Kanan should be hard pressed enough to defend against it that he can't utilise TK to fight back, and once he's on the defensive he should lose.

Beniboybling
Kanan legit walked through a storm of suppressive Stormtrooper fire unscathed, he'll manage.

|King Joker|
Because he's never utilised telekinesis to kill an opponent off the bat? No shit, but he's used the Force to throw around Stormtroopers like ragdolls off the bat, and frequently uses it in a supplementary way against them. What I'm saying is that he can use TK in that similar manner against Jace, and Jace has literally no defense against it.

He's knocked out Stormtroopers, sure, but he'd need force he's never shown to utilise to do the same to Jace who's far more durable, and wearing armour that tanks literal tanks shots. Kanan's suspended "giant" catwalks, stopped cave-ins when he hadn't used the Force in eight years (and ~eight years before SWR S2) and caught Ezra plummeting to Lothal's surface when he fell off the Ghost, so he's a pretty solid telekinetic in his own right. Jace's armor itself might be able to take a lot of damage, but when hitting his head against hard surfaces (Malgus in Hope) his armor won't matter as much, and will result in a KO. At the very least it will result in a disorienting experience and it will take more time for him to recover than for Kanan to cover the distance, even if he doesn't smash his head. And this is just talking about a single telekinetic push, lmao, not even accounting for the fact Kanan can TK the utter shit out of Jace as many times as he wants with a flick of his finger.

And as soon as Jace actually starts firing with a greater fire rate/speed than a squad of Stormtroopers, Kanan should be hard pressed enough to defend against it that he can't utilise TK to fight back, and once he's on the defensive he should lose. Yeah, no. If the environement is open enough Kanan can easily bolt around enough so that his defenses aren't getting hammered down by the barrages of blaster bolts, and he hardly needs to be close to Jace to throw him around, and in that case it's game over.

Zenwolf
Is there any proof that Jace's armor can withstand tank cannon shots? If it's the Return trailer, he didn't really withstand the shot that didn't even hit him directly, in fact the shot hit near him and he was already in motion to get away from it, the blast just threw him forward onto the ground.

Sure he survived it, but saying he can tank, cannon shots without issue is kind of stretching that, seeing as he was on the floor for a couple of seconds from an indirect blast.

I mean Stormtrooper armor can withstand near point blank explosions that blow up houses and TIE fighters, but they certainly can't tank them.

Plus TK + Wearing armor= Not a good thing, as essentially one is just wearing something that your body would be smashing into along with whatever externally you're being smashed into.

DarthAnt66
Kanan couldn't even beat one of the Sith Warriors that Jace manhandled, lol.

Zenwolf
I'm sure he could considering they were morons, he just sort of shoved through them. Any competent trooper could do that, the SW in the trailer were stupid. Hell one of them charged directly into a blaster stock and was dropped.

SunRazer
No wonder non-Force sensitives beat TOR Jedi/Sith so regularly, lmfao.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by SunRazer
No wonder non-Force sensitives beat TOR Jedi/Sith so regularly, lmfao.

I mean...

https://j.gifs.com/v24AMV.gif

There was an overhaul and a blaster stock strike.

https://j.gifs.com/qx4vqR.gif

REALLY? That first Sith Warrior did the most useless jump ever, his blade wasn't even near Jace at all.

|King Joker|
They seem to be elite, fearsome warriors.

Zenwolf
Seem being the keyword there Joker.

But really though, those SW at least were nothing special in that trailer. I mean they dragged Jace along the battlefield to give him a slow death, rather then...ya know...just kill him. Hell it took 2 of them just to drag the guy to the 1 other Sith...what?..

What exactly makes him special enough for that kind of death? Why would the Sith Warriors care enough to do something like that while in the middle of an engagement? Makes 0 sense.

The Deceived ones at least have the notion they are the best in the Empire.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.