Thor/Kurse vs. Nam-Ek/Abomination/Hulkbuster/Warmachine

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
*Thor has his hammer

Round 1: Random Encounter

Round 2: Tony can summon Replacement parts and has 2 hours of prep with Rhodes to coordinate an attack

TheLordofMurder
Thor and Kurse wins in both...

Ultimately, I dont see a way for Team 2 to put Kurse down; Team 2 would need something exotic to defeat Kurse and I just dont see what they could do against him...

ShadowFyre
Thor can one-shot team 2 if given a few seconds. Nam-ek will be toughest. Hulkbuster and Rhodey are non factors as theyre durability is suspect.

ShadowFyre
Thors offensive and durability feats just put him to far above anything the team can replicate. And with Destroyer being completely immune to physical damage, there is really no way for tram 2 to win.

K-Dog
Do you mean Kurse instead of Destroyer?

carver9
Lol...team 2 stomps. Make this Thor and Kurse vs Nam and Abomination and team 2 still wins.

ShadowFyre
No. Destroyer was stabbed through. Hes just metal slats. Nothing team 2 has can hurt him. Rhodes is a non factor. An all out Thor can kill warmachine and HB with one strike.

Hulk would have made mincemeat of Tony if he hadnt spent half the timme hitting himself and everything around him and focused on Veronica. The Hulk only connected with 2-3 actual hits. The rest of the time was him mainly ripping off pieces of the suit. The same way he acted with the jet fighter in Avengers 1. There was no Leviathan dropping hit.

When somebody does something in the 30 megaton range (see civil war) then they can take Thor out.

Were going by on screen feats, Thor has em. Team 2 dont. Plain and simple. Namek and Abom are the only ones surviving the first onslaught from Team 1. And Aboms durability is also suspect due to being choked out by a metal chain. Something anybody on Team 1 could replicate.Or if Thor couldnt, a couple hammershots to the dome will do even worse.

Namek will need to use his speed and jump his ass off the battlefield because I dont see him lasting a whole lot longer than his teammates.

Sin I AM
Tough. That's alot of firepower on team two.

K-Dog
Nam Ek May be the wildcard here. Those kryptonians all show durability and strength feats way above Hulk or Thor. The question is, can he equal Kurse?

Surtur
Originally posted by carver9
Lol...team 2 stomps. Make this Thor and Kurse vs Nam and Abomination and team 2 still wins.

No they really don't. First off Nam-Ek never even gained his full kryptonian powers. No flight or heat vision that I recall. Not a real threat to Thor.

Kurse is far stronger than Abomination and could beat him to death. Or just use a black hole grenade if that counts as standard equipment.

Surtur
Originally posted by K-Dog
Nam Ek May be the wildcard here. Those kryptonians all show durability and strength feats way above Hulk or Thor. The question is, can he equal Kurse?

Wait so what strength feat of Nam-Ek's compares to Hulks space whale punch? Or the way Thor leveled a surrounding forest with the shockwave from one of his hits?

Also Thor can fly, Nam-Ek can't. Thor has devastating area effect attacks with his hammer that can definitely harm Nam-Ek.

Can he equal Kurse? No, of course not. Kurse easily swatted away Thor's hammer mid-flight. Hulk couldn't even lift the hammer and Nam-Ek actually hasn't done anything that Hulk couldn't do. At least not from what I remember.

Jmanghan
Hulkbuster was taking on Hulk, who was fighting evenly with Thor in Avengers.

Arachnid1
Wasn't Namek overpowering Supes at some points? He seemed to be the strongest kryptonian by far from what I remember (the slowest too though). I'm honestly not sure about this match up, but Namek is the deciding factor for team 2 here.

Silent Master
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Hulkbuster was taking on Hulk, who was fighting evenly with Thor in Avengers.

The Iron Man that fought Thor in Avengers was boosted to 475 percent power and once Thor got annoyed with Tony, he started crushing the armor with his bare hands.

playa1258
So we can use Ross's 30 megaton quote for Hulk and Thor?

That would be nice.

h1a8
Originally posted by Surtur
Wait so what strength feat of Nam-Ek's compares to Hulks space whale punch? Or the way Thor leveled a surrounding forest with the shockwave from one of his hits?

Also Thor can fly, Nam-Ek can't. Thor has devastating area effect attacks with his hammer that can definitely harm Nam-Ek.

Can he equal Kurse? No, of course not. Kurse easily swatted away Thor's hammer mid-flight. Hulk couldn't even lift the hammer and Nam-Ek actually hasn't done anything that Hulk couldn't do. At least not from what I remember. Well the problem here is that no one on team can damage Nam. He definitely has the strength and speed to damage them though. I almost want to say he solos here (due to durability and strength). He could eventually learn flight and hv if the fight lasts long enough.

Surtur
Originally posted by h1a8
Well the problem here is that no one on team can damage Nam. He definitely has the strength and speed to damage them though. I almost want to say he solos here (due to durability and strength). He could eventually learn flight and hv if the fight lasts long enough.

What attacks did Nam-Ek survive to make you feel that he wouldn't be harmed by something like Thor's attack that destroyed sokovia(or whatever it was called) at the end of Avengers 2?

What specific speed feats did Nam-Ek do to show he has any kind of speed that will be helpful?

h1a8

Can he equal Kurse? No, of course not. Kurse easily swatted away Thor's hammer mid-flight. Hulk couldn't even lift the hammer and Nam-Ek actually hasn't done anything that Hulk couldn't do. At least not from what I remember. Nam is just as strong as Superman and Zod (within 10% max). Thor leveling a small part of the forest is not a strength feat. Mjolnir adds significantly to the feat. If Thor used his fists then nothing would have happened (absolutely nothing).

h1a8
What attacks did Nam-Ek survive to make you feel that he wouldn't be harmed by something like Thor's attack that destroyed sokovia(or whatever it was called) at the end of Avengers 2?

What specific speed feats did Nam-Ek do to show he has any kind of speed that will be helpful? That was a shared feat. Tony had basically overloaded the generators before hand. Plus Thor spent time amping. In this fight he won't have much time to do that. Otherwise he could have done so against Kurse.

Sin I AM
Does warmachine have any good feats? He seems horribly out of place here

Silent Master
Well the problem here is that no one on team can damage Nam. He definitely has the strength and speed to damage them though. I almost want to say he solos here (due to durability and strength). He could eventually learn flight and hv if the fight lasts long enough.

What durability feats does he have to suggest he wouldn't be hurt by Thor's charged hammer strikes?

h1a8
Originally posted by Silent Master
What durability feats does he have to suggest he wouldn't be hurt by Thor's charged hammer strikes?

He's about physically equal to general Zod and Superman. Thor's charged hammer strikes has no feats on the level of the abuse Superman and Zod took without a scratch. The sheer tonnage of force they were getting hit with was immense.

Silent Master
He's about physically equal to general Zod and Superman. Thor's charged hammer strikes has no feats on the level of the abuse Superman and Zod took without a scratch. The sheer tonnage of force they were getting hit with was immense.

I see, you haven't even seen the first Thor movie. that does explain a few things.

h1a8
I see, you haven't even seen the first Thor movie. that does explain a few things. I did. You mean the lightning Thor called down to destroy the ground in the beginning of the movie. Is it me or did Thor get considerably weaker when he joined the avengers?

Anyway I don't see than as a charged hammer strike but summoning lightning. Unless you are referring to something else?

NotAllThatEvil
I thought breaking the bifrost was Thor's big feat from the first movie? Anyway the only real fight here is nam ek vs kurse. Thor's lighting doesn't really effect the ironman suits and abomination was on par with hulk. I think nam ek is stronger but we don't know kurse's limit.

Silent Master
Whatever you want to call those attacks, Nam-Ek has no feats to suggest he could tank them.

Originally posted by NotAllThatEvil
I thought breaking the bifrost was Thor's big feat from the first movie? Anyway the only real fight here is nam ek vs kurse. Thor's lighting doesn't really effect the ironman suits and abomination was on par with hulk. I think nam ek is stronger but we don't know kurse's limit.

A lightning blast might not work, but there is no reason to assume his charged hammer shots wouldn't kill Warmachine.

ShadowFyre
The attacks Thor was giving out in TDW to malekith were equal to Supes. He was destroying massive steel and concrete pillars>skyscraper windows.

Initial shockwave he produced in Sokovia atomized like 40 buildings, bifrost blast, jotunheim glacier land thing, forest strike with cap, I mean c'mon.

Silent Master
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
The attacks Thor was giving out in TDW to malekith were equal to Supes. He was destroying massive steel and concrete pillars>skyscraper windows.

Initial shockwave he produced in Sokovia atomized like 40 buildings, bifrost blast, jotunheim glacier land thing, forest strike with cap, I mean c'mon.

You have to forgive h1, he automatically reduces Marvel feats by 99.9%, while increasing DC feats by 999.99%.

K-Dog
Superman took a direct nuclear bomb. Just saying. Nam Ek probably could've survived it as well. But maybe Thor is too much. It seems like anything he does with his hammer, or that his hammer even partially contributes to, he seems to have an extremely high durability to the resulting environmental damage.

h1a8
Originally posted by ShadowFyre

Initial shockwave he produced in Sokovia atomized like 40 buildings, bifrost blast, jotunheim glacier land thing, forest strike with cap, I mean c'mon. I disagree. They were not equal to what Superman was doing. They were hitting each other a mile away, even to the top of a skyscraper. The hitting up the skyscraper feat took thousands of tons of force.

The Sokovia feat was a shared feat where Tony overloaded the reactor with energy.

Bifrost is unquantifiable. We don't know its durability. It also took multiple hits to achieve.

So even if Thor hits as hard as Superman then it's not enough since neither Superman or Zod was receiving ANY damage from their fight. Thor would have to hit significantly harder.

h1a8
You have to forgive h1, he automatically reduces Marvel feats by 99.9%, while increasing DC feats by 999.99%. Actually I'm not completely DC bias. I argue top notch for WB Hulk, SS, Spider-Man, etc.
I never seen you vote for a DC character. If you think a DC character wins then you wouldn't even post. You only post in defense to Marvel characters. I have defended Marvel characters over DC many times (Cap over Batman, Spider-Man over WW (although that was stupid), WB over Superman or almost anyone in DC, SS over many characters in DC, etc.

h1a8
Also Kurse was putting a serious hurting on Thor. He wasn't shown to be hitting Thor harder than Superman and Zod was hitting each other.
So Nam would probably do worse to Thor.

Lastly, you guys are giving Thor types of strikes that are not practical in a real fight. Look at his fight with Hulk and Kurse. It was only practical for him to do quick one handed swings. These hits didn't knock Hulk or Kurse far away at all. Kurse knocked Thor far away though.

So with you guys logic then Thor should beat Kurse since has he no feats of tanking Thor's top charged hammer strikes.

KuRuPT Thanosi
What do you mean Zod and Superman were shown hitting harder... based on what exactly?

Further, you do realize that on at least 3 occasions Supes was KO'd in MOS. Thor doesn't have that kind of track record.

wallman77
Thor brought his hammer down and malekith blocked it...the resulting shock wave leveled the concrete for yards around them. The force of thor's dedicated blows can definitely hurt team 2

Silent Master
Actually I'm not completely DC bias. I argue top notch for WB Hulk, SS, Spider-Man, etc.
I never seen you vote for a DC character. If you think a DC character wins then you wouldn't even post. You only post in defense to Marvel characters. I have defended Marvel characters over DC many times (Cap over Batman, Spider-Man over WW (although that was stupid), WB over Superman or almost anyone in DC, SS over many characters in DC, etc.

Notice that none of the Marvel characters you claim to support are in this thread, however you have been known to massively downplay Thor while doing the opposite to Superman.

Now let's take a look at the people in this thread, there is Thor and a Superman related character. interesting isn't it?

NotAllThatEvil
Because superman is just more powerful. Ants can lift like 500X their weight but its not downplaying to say they loose to a Hercules beetle.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by NotAllThatEvil
Because superman is just more powerful. Ants can lift like 500X their weight but its not downplaying to say they loose to a Hercules beetle. Agreed. Supes in a higher tier than people like Thor and Hulk. It's not a knock against them, but he is Superman. People have b*tched about him being overpowered for decades. It's not a big deal that his movie version still dwarfs most marvel characters.

Silent Master
Superman isn't in this thread.

Surtur
Originally posted by K-Dog
Superman took a direct nuclear bomb. Just saying. Nam Ek probably could've survived it as well. But maybe Thor is too much. It seems like anything he does with his hammer, or that his hammer even partially contributes to, he seems to have an extremely high durability to the resulting environmental damage.

Nam Ek never gained his full Kryptonian powers. So he wouldn't really just be granted as able to do whatever Superman could.

The Sokovia feat was a shared feat where Tony overloaded the reactor with energy.

The damage done by his initial attack speaks for itself though.

Also Superman looked more or less dead after the nuke. The way I interpreted the scene was that because it happened in space he was getting greater exposure to the rays of the sun and it more or less brought him back.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.