Maelstrom (classic version) vs Aquarian

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

basilisk
They meet and their opposing ideologies cause them to fight immediately. This is Maelstrom with classic level powers, i.e. before he got things like QBs and cosmic awareness.

Who wins?

DarkSaint85
Aquarian.

He takes his powers, and leaves him weak as a kitten.

riv6672
Aquarian.

basilisk
Hmm... Aquarian's field absorbs kinetic energy as well as other energy, which effectively slows himself down as well as others. What if Maelstrom stays outside A's field but tries to absorb even more KE from Aquarian?

riv6672
Slows who down? Aquarian? As in, he slows himself down? No, thats not how his powers work.

DarkSaint85
Aquarian can expand his field.

With a bit of effort, when he was new to his powers,he shut an area the size of a skyscraper down.

Not to mention, within Aquarians field, no other powers would work.

basilisk
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Aquarian can expand his field.

With a bit of effort, when he was new to his powers,he shut an area the size of a skyscraper down.

Not to mention, within Aquarians field, no other powers would work. Yes, he can expand his field if necessary. I was thinking along the lines that since KE absorption as a power is active inside the field (since Aquarian is actively doing it to himself and others within the field), then maybe, just maybe Maelstrom's KE absorption powers might also still be active.

The field stops EM energy and drains some KE, but anything else? It doesn't appear to affect gravity, as people don't float within it and gravity appears normal. Does it affect magic? Psionics? If Maelstrom's power works based on something the field doesn't affect (again, psionics?), or works on the same basis as Aquarian's KE absorption which is clearly still active... is there an outside chance Maelstrom could boost the KE drain of the field and immobilize Aquarian inside of it?

riv6672
^^^I doubt it.

DS can go into detail, but Aquarian can do some off the wall stuff with his null field.
He's beaten Nth Man...
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/6/69469/1269946-aquarian_5.jpg
Purged himself of the (Marvel) zombie virus...
http://i39.tinypic.com/2eq7t3q.jpg

He's pretty potent.

basilisk
You're probably right...

The zombie virus thing was pretty crazy. Has the null field ever been shown in action against things like magic or psionics? Can't remember anything offhand.

riv6672
Thats why i said DS could go into detail.
He's more of a subject matter expert.

DarkSaint85
He's blocked psionics before.

Never seen it in use against magic; it has never failed against anything else, though.

zopzop
Aquarian.

He takes his powers, and leaves him weak as a kitten.
thumb up

Aquarian's null field is no joke. It contained a being that was capable of devouring universes.

riv6672
He's blocked psionics before.

Never seen it in use against magic; it has never failed against anything else, though.
Subject matter expert, baby!

DarkSaint85

riv6672
Thats getting saved, thanks. thumb up

basilisk
Cool. Been a looong time since I read that stuff.

riv6672
Yeah, thats back when comics were still fun!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.