Most bad-ass Fights in comics/novels.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
As the title says.

Krayt owning Wyyrlok was pretty awesome, imo.

darthbane77
I thought the fight between Revan and Vitiate was pretty awesome. I also liked the fight between Malgus and Aryn Leneer.

Beniboybling
Stover's rendering of Anakin & Kenobi vs Dooku is probably the best I've read.

DarthAnt66
Anything with Stover.

SunRazer
Stover's depictions of Yoda vs Sidious & Obi-Wan vs Anakin are probably the most epic duels.

Sidious vs B-Team, Obi-Wan vs Grievous and Anakin/Obi-Wan vs Dooku were all very good too.

chingchangwalla
Malgus vs Aryn

carthage
Malgus and Zallow was depicted as incredibly even and visually one of favorite duels. Kun and Ulic in the audio drama was cool as well, the Lightsaber clashes were added to good effect and the actors were grunting and stuff. I also liked. Vader vs. Karbin, though it was obvious he was toying with him.

chingchangwalla
Shit, yeah I forgot about Kun and Ulic

Trocity
Originally posted by SunRazer
Stover's depictions of Yoda vs Sidious

Stover's style of writing was no doubt epic during the duel, but the duel itself had no substance, really. Sidious blasts lightning at Yoda, Yoda redirects it to the guards. They each draw their lightsabers. "Light vs dark, winner take all."

Then it goes to Ani vs Obi and when it returns, it goes right to "There came a turning point in the clash of the light against the dark."

While I love Stover's writing, the duel had like no description whatsoever, really. Dooku vs Obi and Ani was easily the best duel in the novel.

NewGuy01
Same, wasn't big on Yoda vs Sidious. Obi-Wan and Anakin vs Dooku was the best. thumb up

SunRazer
Actually, I like it because it doesn't go into descriptions of forms and individual maneuvers etc. which I find trivial when comparing Force users of that caliber. I liked the metaphorical light v dark thing he had going on. Technicality wasn't going to win that battle, only sheer power in the Force would.

ares834
Agreed.

Take the Dooku duel. It's good and all, but it's at its best when dealing with the internal aspects of the duel rather than the actual duel. The actual duel itself tends to be far less interesting and more mundane.

SunRazer
The most bad-ass part of the duel was when Dooku realized that he stood no chance, lol.

Trocity
You could say the same about the Yoda-Sidious duel, when Yoda realizes he "just didn't have it." wink

But I get what you're saying.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by ares834
Agreed.

Take the Dooku duel. It's good and all, but it's at its best when dealing with the internal aspects of the duel rather than the actual duel. The actual duel itself tends to be far less interesting and more mundane. I don't know, in general I find that kind of thing a bit boring and difficult to track but Stover does a great job of creating powerful images (like holding Kenobi in an "elegant bind", Anakin "contemptuously" smacking away the projectiles) and also suspense (like that brilliant part where Dooku topples off the balcony), he captures the tension and velocity of saber combat very well, which is why it's my favourite.

SunRazer
Originally posted by Trocity
You could say the same about the Yoda-Sidious duel, when Yoda realizes he "just didn't have it." wink

But I get what you're saying.

Nah. That fight wasn't quite as climatic and in the novel, "the end came with astonishing suddenness". I just always liked the symbolism of Yoda vs Sidious - such as the way Sidious hurled down the pods which represented the destruction of democracy and people's ability to voice themselves.

As for Anakin vs Dooku, it's a bit more climatic. In the films, it's the other way around.

MythLord
Kas'im VS Bane; Drew is an angel smile smile smile smile smile smile smile smile big grin

SunRazer
Just reminded me how bad Drew's fights (and writing in general) are.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.