Candidates for Tier 8 combatants?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SunRazer
With Anakin, Mace, Sidious and Yoda being confirmed for tier 9 status, and the likes of Luke Skywalker certainly being there as well, I'm curious to see who you'd rank as a tier 8 combatant. Again, we're counting all relevant facets of dueling (skill, experience, Force augmentation, Force reserves, etc.)

By Nick Gillard's measurements, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Darth Tyranus & Darth Maul all fit into this tier. This is likely to be a rather expansive list (since the tier is quite big and not everybody in it is equal).

Since TPM Kenobi is confirmed to be tier 7, and Qui-Gon is just a tad above him, I'd rank Qui-Gon near the top of tier 7 but not quite in tier 8, yet.

So my candidates for tier 8 would be: Darth Vader, Rebels Ahsoka, RotJ Luke, Ven Zallow, Aryn Leneer, Darth Malgus, Sora Bulq, Darth Tenebrous, Jaina Solo, Kyle Katarn, Mara Jade Skywalker, Ulic Qel-Droma, the Hero of Tython, the Emperor's Wrath, Meetra Surik, Darth Malak, Darth Bane, Darth Zannah, Savage Opress and Asajj Ventress.

All of the notable Ancient Sith fit in here as well.

Not too sure about Jaden Korr, Darth Nox or the Barsen'thor, but they're all possibilities.

|King Joker|
Ahsoka.

Also, I'd personally have Vader in tier 9.

Edit: And TPM Kenobi is tier 7? Interesting.

carthage
Darth Malgus, Aryn Leneer, Rebels Ahsoka, and Sora Bulq

Wyyrlok and Zallow should be up there if Meetra is

SunRazer
Originally posted by |King Joker|
Ahsoka.

Forgot about her. Rebels Ahsoka, yeah. Not TCW.

Why? Lucas thinks he's more comparable to Dooku and Maul than Sidious, and wrote him that way. I know other authors are generally more favorable to him, but I don't think he's done anything that merits being tier 9.

Unless you think RotJ Luke also qualifies as tier 9?

Yeah, Gillard states that Obi-Wan's gone up one level from TPM to RotS, whilst Anakin's gone up four levels from AotC to RotS, which is just insane, tbh.

SunRazer
Originally posted by carthage
Darth Malgus, Aryn Leneer, Rebels Ahsoka, and Sora Bulq

Wyyrlok and Zallow should be up there if Meetra is

Bulq, Ahsoka, Leneer, Zallow and Malgus are, yeah. Wyyrlok's pretty much an unknown, but that reminds me - Cade Skywalker's tier 8 too.

carthage
Tier 8 should be broken down to Mid-High-Low tier

SunRazer
Tier 8 should be broken down to Mid-High-Low tier

A good idea. Could you compile such a list now?

chingchangwalla
Yeah Rebels Ashoka is just under Kenobi and Maul for me. Maul and Malgus are top of Tier 8 (excluding Dooku)
Cade Skywalker, Sora Bulq, Maybe Asajj Ventress on her best day

|King Joker|
Originally posted by SunRazer
Why? Lucas thinks he's more comparable to Dooku and Maul than Sidious, and wrote him that way. I know other authors are generally more favorable to him, but I don't think he's done anything that merits being tier 9. Really? Because recently I think it's been made extremely clear Vader is the top dog, compared to Maul and Dooku. Rebels has certainly implied as such. Vader's Force feats and new combat feats in Rebels make me think he's a definite tier 9.

Unless you think RotJ Luke also qualifies as tier 9? Not really sure how seriously I take Luke beating Vader, honestly.

Yeah, Gillard states that Obi-Wan's gone up one level from TPM to RotS, whilst Anakin's gone up four levels from AotC to RotS, which is just insane, tbh. ...TPM Kenobi > AotC Anakin confirmed? messed

chingchangwalla
If a Vader vs Maul fight happens in rebels it'll have Vader winning clearly and Maul on the defense and you know why... Because it's too hard to animate. Vader's style makes no sense with animation involved. Just look at his fight against Ashoka, he looks slow and sloppy; missing Ashoka all the time with heavy cleaves and cuts. If you take Maul as of his fight against Sheev, the animators had Maul going damn quick. Just imagine Vader moving that fast to block all those strikes! It wouldn't be keeping with his style and makes no sense.
This is the dilemma

SunRazer
Really? Because recently I think it's been made extremely clear Vader is the top dog, compared to Maul and Dooku. Rebels has certainly implied as such. Vader's Force feats and new combat feats in Rebels make me think he's a definite tier 9.

What combat feats put Vader in tier 9? Beating Karbin? Force feats don't count, as I said.

That reminds me - a well-written Grievous is tier 8, too.

Regardless, it's a possibility that Vader's tier 9, but I mean, Dooku's clearly above Maul/Obi-Wan, yet he's not tier 9. Vader can be above them without being tier 9, IMO. I don't think we can say with certainty that he's there yet. That only applies to Canon, though - Legends Vader is unquestionably tier 8.

Luke beating Vader is through rage, but he stalemates him before that.

Yeah, I always found that strange, considering that Anakin's challenged Dooku in older sources and in one of the JQ novels, Kenobi muses that Anakin's displayed combative Force mastery rivaling the likes of Qui-Gon Jinn. There's no way that TPM Kenobi is a full two tiers ahead of Anakin.

chingchangwalla
So rebels has ****ed Quanchi and Kurk already

|King Joker|
High tier 8s: Dooku, Malgus, Maul, Kenobi, Ahsoka, Cade, Ulic Qel-Droma, Jaina Solo, HoT, Emperor's Wrath, Arcann, Darth Zannah

Mid tier 8s: Ven Zallow, Aryn Leneer, Mara Jade Skywalker, Kyle Katarn, Sora Bulq, Ventress, Shaak Ti, Plo Koon, Kit Fisto, Darth Nihl, Kas'im, Satele Shan, Savage Opress, Darth Marr

Low tier 8s: Darth Talon, Kao Cen Darach, etc

SunRazer
High tier 8s: Dooku, Malgus, Maul, Kenobi, Ahsoka, Cade, Ulic Qel-Droma, Jaina Solo, HoT, Emperor's Wrath, Arcann, Darth Zannah

Mid tier 8s: Ven Zallow, Aryn Leneer, Mara Jade Skywalker, Kyle Katarn, Sora Bulq, Ventress, Shaak Ti, Plo Koon, Kit Fisto, Darth Nihl, Kas'im, Satele Shan, Savage Opress, Darth Marr

Low tier 8s: Darth Talon, Kao Cen Darach, etc

Surik's there if Zallow is, lol. Forgot Arcann, though. You rank Satele quite high. I think that's passable in terms of holistic intent, though.

Where's Bane, by the way? You have Zannah up high but Bane's nowhere to be seen. Also, Kolar deserves to be mid or even high-tier 8. Saesee's probably low-mid 8.

carthage
Kas'im,

lmao

SunRazer
Kas'im's tier 7, yeah. His superiority over someone who can blitz Sirak doesn't justify being on the same level as Ven Zallow, who blitzes some of the best warriors in the Empire. He doesn't have anything to his credit above Qui-Gon, who's tier 7.

Also, if Satele's mid-8 and Wrath high-8, then Baras is at least low/mid-8.

carthage
Honestly anyone in tier 8 should butcher Kas'im handily

He hasn't done anything placing him above Jinn or Mundi in lightsaber skill. Baras and Satele would have no issues fighting off POD Bane/stomping Sirak

SunRazer
I know I'll catch some flak for this, but Traya and Rand are tier 8. Sion's tier 7. Atris is either tier 7 or low tier 8.

Honestly anyone in tier 8 should butcher Kas'im handily

He hasn't done anything placing him above Jinn or Mundi in lightsaber skill.

Actually, you're right. I'm putting Kas'im in tier 7, lol.

|King Joker|
What combat feats put Vader in tier 9? Beating Karbin? Force feats don't count, as I said. Controlling the fight against Ahsoka, who's stalemated Maul. And yeah, I missed that.

Luke beating Vader is through rage, but he stalemates him before that. https://media.giphy.com/media/XlfWbwvsqFhFS/giphy.gif

Yeah, I always found that strange, considering that Anakin's challenged Dooku in older sources and in one of the JQ novels, Kenobi muses that Anakin's displayed combative Force mastery rivaling the likes of Qui-Gon Jinn. There's no way that TPM Kenobi is a full two tiers ahead of Anakin. Maybe Gillard's tiers are horseshit. mmm

SunRazer
Controlling the fight against Ahsoka, who's stalemated Maul. And yeah, I missed that.

DS nexus?

I'm not saying they're canonical. I'm just seeing how the KMC community would build on his established rankings.

Although they wouldn't factor in Legends/future material, Gillard's rankings align with Legends/future material quite well with a couple of discrepancies.

|King Joker|
Surik's there if Zallow is, lol. Forgot Arcann, though. You rank Satele quite high. I think that's passable in terms of holistic intent, though.

Where's Bane, by the way? You have Zannah up high but Bane's nowhere to be seen. Also, Kolar deserves to be mid or even high-tier 8. Saesee's probably low-mid 8. Forgot about Meetra. And yeah, I'm giving Shan the benefit of the doubt.

Not sure where I have Bane so I just left him out. And I doubt Kolar is up there with the likes of Malgus / Maul / Kenobi, etc

carthage
Forgot about Tresina Lobi/Lumiya

|King Joker|
DS nexus? Has that actually been confirmed? Because if it has, Ahsoka being as low as some people have her would be downright comical (it is already, but holy shit, my penis would fall off from all the Ahsoka wank that would come from that confirmation).

chingchangwalla
Yeah Ashoka not dying straight away against Vader on a darkside nexus is at least enough to put her high on tier 8

UCanShootMyNova
Kit Fisto level lightsaber combatants to Mace level lightsaber combatants.

SunRazer
Forgot about Meetra. And yeah, I'm giving Shan the benefit of the doubt.

Not sure where I have Bane so I just left him out. And I doubt Kolar is up there with the likes of Malgus / Maul / Kenobi, etc

He curbed Quinlan Vos pretty effortlessly. He's at least mid, IMO. I rank Quinlan above the Deceived! Sith Warriors, so I have Kolar over Zallow too.

SunRazer
Forgot about Tresina Lobi/Lumiya

Lumiya's kind of odd, but Tresina, definitely.

Has that actually been confirmed? Because if it has, Ahsoka being as low as some people have her would be downright comical (it is already, but holy shit, my penis would fall off from all the Ahsoka wank that would come from that confirmation).

I'd assume so. I don't know if any sources say it is, but it'd honestly be even more comical that it isn't a DS nexus, tbh.

chingchangwalla
That Vos pwning was circumstantial tho, Kolar caught Quin off gaurd

SunRazer
lol Kolar gave Quinlan a chance to come back up and curbed him again.

|King Joker|
He curbed Quinlan Vos pretty effortlessly. He's at least mid, IMO. I rank Quinlan above the Deceived! Sith Warriors, so I have Kolar over Zallow too. Fair enough.

Lumiya's kind of odd, but Tresina, definitely.

I'd assume so. I don't know if any sources say it is, but it'd honestly be even more comical that it isn't a DS nexus, tbh. Probs. Ahsoka would be above SoD Maul if that's the case, IMHO.

chingchangwalla
Joker, she really isn't.

SunRazer
Probs. Ahsoka would be above SoD Maul if that's the case, IMHO.

If Rebels Maul is >= SoD Maul, yeah.

Wasn't Rebels Maul confirmed to be superior to Ahsoka, though? He was stated to be the strongest of the four, IIRC.

chingchangwalla
It should go without saying, at the moment Maul is superior to everyone in Rebels bar Vader. It's just that Filoni is doing everything he can to **** it all up

|King Joker|
If Rebels Maul is >= SoD Maul, yeah.

Wasn't Rebels Maul confirmed to be superior to Ahsoka, though? He was stated to be the strongest of the four, IIRC. Yeah. But, honestly, they should be extremely close, as Ahsoka was stonewalling him completely for, what, about a minute and 30 seconds? Plus, if we run with the DS nexus thing, Maul was the best fighter on Malachor.

SunRazer
Yeah. But, honestly, they should be extremely close, as Ahsoka was stonewalling him completely for, what, about a minute and 30 seconds? Plus, if we run with the DS nexus thing, Maul was the best fighter on Malachor.

I'm accounting for the nexus, obviously.

If we're talking about the on-panel portion of the fight, it was less than 30 seconds. We have lots of short fights with inferiors matching superiors - Ki-Adi vs Ventress, Bulq vs Mace, Grievous vs Mace, Obi-Wan vs Dooku, etc. - granted, they're not quite as long, but you get my point.

|King Joker|

If we're talking about the on-panel portion of the fight, it was less than 30 seconds. We have lots of short fights with inferiors matching superiors - Ki-Adi vs Ventress, Bulq vs Mace, Grievous vs Mace, Obi-Wan vs Dooku, etc. - granted, they're not quite as long, but you get my point. Well, Ahsoka vs. Maul was much longer than those fights, and the fact that Ahsoka didn't budge from her spot after a minute and 20 seconds of dueling speaks volumes of their overall parity. And hell, if anything, Ahsoka's offensive pushed Maul back after Maul's little monologue; albeit briefly, but still. Ahsoka did far too well for them not to be extremely close.

DarthDuelist9
Well, Ahsoka vs. Maul was much longer than those fights, and the fact that Ahsoka didn't budge from her spot after a minute and 20 seconds of dueling speaks volumes of their overall parity. And hell, if anything, Ahsoka's offensive pushed Maul back after Maul's little monologue; albeit briefly, but still. Ahsoka did far too well for them not to be extremely close.

Do we know that Ezra reaching the top of the temple was after they begin to fight or at the same time? It seems pretty lucky that Maul and Ahsoka were standing at the exact same spot after apprently a minute of dueling especially since both are extremely mobile fighters anyway.

DarthDuelist9

If we're talking about the on-panel portion of the fight, it was less than 30 seconds. We have lots of short fights with inferiors matching superiors - Ki-Adi vs Ventress, Bulq vs Mace, Grievous vs Mace, Obi-Wan vs Dooku, etc. - granted, they're not quite as long, but you get my point.

Any evidence if the nexus was noticeably affecting Maul or Ahsoka?

Beniboybling
There are many people on this list who do not belong here lmao.

SunRazer
Well, Ahsoka vs. Maul was much longer than those fights, and the fact that Ahsoka didn't budge from her spot after a minute and 20 seconds of dueling speaks volumes of their overall parity. And hell, if anything, Ahsoka's offensive pushed Maul back after Maul's little monologue; albeit briefly, but still. Ahsoka did far too well for them not to be extremely close.

Guess that's fair.

Nephthys
Ahsoka couldn't beat the 5th Brother in the same episode for 2 minutes tho.

Beniboybling
Still beating that dead horse? Lawl.

Selenial
Rand tier 8

Can't tell if no one saw this or if that's the consensus now.

SunRazer
I wasn't even serious, too. lmfao

Traya's probably tier 8, though. smile

Nephthys
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Still beating that dead horse? Lawl.

You seem to have no trouble doing so with Ahsoka. smile

because shes ugly and dead

Beniboybling
kys uhuh

DarthAnt66
Tier eight duelists would be Krayt, Revan, Caedus, Kun, Vader, Dooku, Kenobi, Maul, etc.

Ziggystardust
Krayt can not possibly be on the same level as Kenobi in his prime.

Nephthys
Krayt, Caedus and Kun aren't on the same tier as Maul and Kenobi.

DarthAnt66
Well, I guess it depends where you do the cut off.

Total Warrior
DD Quinlan Vos is high tier 8,too

Trocity
Nah.

Nephthys
Vos beat Dooku tho.

UCanShootMyNova
Vos should be Tier 9.

Nephthys
Vos beat Dooku when Yoda couldn't. He should be a Tier 10.

Along with Hord.

carthage
No mention of Arcann either?

chingchangwalla
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Tier eight duelists would be Krayt, Revan, Caedus, Kun, Vader, Dooku, Kenobi, Maul, etc.
Revan, Kun, Krayt would absolutely RAPE Kenobi lmfao

carthage
In pure sabers? No lol

carthage
Is anyone legitimately interested in making this a tier thing like in the Comic subforum?

SunRazer
Well, the point of this thread was for discussion, since it's obvious that nobody will ever manage to create a universally agreed-upon list.

The Ellimist
If tier 8 is like Kenobi's tier, I could see Arcann, Maul and Katarn there.

carthage
It isn't as difficult as people are making it out to be.

The Ellimist
Carthage do you have Kun and/or Malgus above Obi Wan in sabers?

carthage
No

SeriousLogic
Malgus, Maul, Kenobi, Arcann, Ashoka, Vos, Fisto, Bulq, Ventress.

In no particular order, these are some possible Tier 8's.

carthage
I think any combination would have to be a mixture of force power/skill. This tier would certainly be the most debatable, and I'd think that placement is probably based by small amounts. IDK but it'd be something like this (Also not listing Tenebrous due to lack of showings, but he'd probably be the apex of the tier)

HIGH

Dooku, Arcann, Darth Maul, Jaina Solo, Darth Malgus, Darth Nox, Emperor's Wrath, Ulic Qel Droma, Barsenthor??, Ahsoka Tano (Rebels). ROTJ Luke. Cade Skywalker

Notes: Ahsoka might be mid due to lack of force feats. Barsen might be mid due to lack of skill feats

Mid:

Bulq, Mara Jade Skywalker, Savage Opress, Darth Malak, Aryn Leneer, Saba Sebatyne, Obi Wan Kenobi, Asajj Ventress, Darth Nihl, Agen Kolar,

Low: Meetra, Zallow, Katarn, Jinn, Talon, Fisto, Koon

SunRazer
Jinn so close to Obi-Wan?

carthage
Probably not. The whole reason I put him there was how he apparently humbled Bondara and was able to hold his own against Maul.

Peak ROTS Obi Wan still lacks force showings that would have me put him higher up hence why I have him mid.

Ursumeles
Bump

Mace smile smile smile

DarthDuelist9
Maul, Obi-Wan, Dooku and perhaps Vader

Darth Thor
Canon Vos will definitely be tier 8.

No way Opress or Ventress are 8's though. Gillard confirms 8 and 9's are the elite only.

cs_zoltan
You made ILS and Syn cry.

NewGuy01
Looks like Mace is a high-end 8 or a low end 9, which probably makes Maul a low end 8, Kenobi a mid 8, and Dooku a mid-to-high end 8. Enigma most likely qualifies as an 8 as well.

As for EU characters, I'd nominate Caedus, Jaina, Droma, and other duelists of similar calibre.

UCanShootMyNova
You'd put Caedus as an 8?

cs_zoltan
Nah, Caedus is 7 tops.

UCanShootMyNova
thumb up Zoltan's got it.

DarthDuelist9
Ahsoka could be in 8.

Ursumeles
Imo: Vader, Tyranus, Windu, Maul, Kenobi, Jaina, Cade, RotJ Luke, Ulic, Exar, Outlander, Wrath, Arcann, Tenebrous, Mara, Exile, Bane, Zannah, Saba, Ahsoka, Revan, Malak, Muur, Galen, 'killer, GG , Malgus

May Tier 9: Caedus, Krayt
May Tier 7: Savage, Ventress, Nihl, Talon, Traya, Kyle, Corran, Nox, Barsen'thor, Agen, Aryn, Bulq, Wyyrlok

Inb4Zoltans"stopsuckingCaedus'dick

DarthDuelist9
Originally posted by Ursumeles
Imo: Vader, Tyranus, Windu, Maul, Kenobi, Jaina, Cade, RotJ Luke, Ulic, Exar, Outlander, Wrath, Arcann, Tenebrous, Mara, Exile, Bane, Zannah, Saba, Ahsoka, Revan, Malak, Muur, Galen, 'killer, GG , Malgus

May Tier 9: Caedus, Krayt
May Tier 7: Savage, Ventress, Nihl, Talon, Traya, Kyle, Corran, Nox, Barsen'thor, Agen, Aryn, Bulq, Wyyrlok

Inb4Zoltans"stopsuckingCaedus'dick

Take away Wrath, Mara, Zannah, Saba and Galen and then I could agree with it.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Looks like Mace is a high-end 8 or a low end 9, which probably makes Maul a low end 8,

And Maul's probably a mid-8 by SOD.

Explains why Mace wasn't just blitzing him the way Palpatine blitzed the B-Team.

Also as Ant pointed out, Mace's borderline 8/9 could be a reference to Vapaad boosting him against Palpatine.

Ursumeles
Originally posted by DarthDuelist9
Take away Wrath, Mara, Zannah, Saba and Galen and then I could agree with it.
Nah. Maybe Saba and Zannah. How it would be if I remove Maul, btw? smile

DarthDuelist9
Nah. Maybe Saba and Zannah. How it would be if I remove Maul, btw? smile

Gallen/starkiller was still outmatched in lightsaber combat against Vader in TFUII and that was "shadow ofhis former self" Vader while Wrath is one of the best of his time but that's about it.

You can remove Maul if you wan't, I couldn't care less about it.

Ursumeles
Gallen/starkiller was still outmatched in lightsaber combat against Vader in TFUII and that was "shadow ofhis former self" Vader while Wrath is one of the best of his time but that's about it.

You can remove Maul if you wan't, I couldn't care less about it.
Yeah...you know that Galen =/= Starkiller, or? erm
Galen still has beaten/competed with/whatever Shaak Ti, pre-prime which is imo good enough to be in Tier 8.
Wrath bested Baras, who was seemingly the strongest of the Council at the time. So, yeah, he is Tier 8 as well.

cs_zoltan
Lel, Wrath and HoT are 7.

DarthDuelist9
Yeah...you know that Galen =/= Starkiller, or? erm
Galen still has beaten/competed with/whatever Shaak Ti, pre-prime which is imo good enough to be in Tier 8.
Wrath bested Baras, who was seemingly the strongest of the Council at the time. So, yeah, he is Tier 8 as well.

Yeah I know, Galen at best can only equal Starkiller. Contending with Shaak isn't barely enough to put him on tier 8 especially after Gillard confirming it's only for the elite fighters of Star Wars.
Baras being the strongest of the council is nice but what is it going to do for him? At best being one of the best in a specific era, hardly enough to be put amongst the best of the best EVER.

UCanShootMyNova
Yeah I know, Galen at best can only equal Starkiller. Contending with Shaak isn't barely enough to put him on tier 8 especially after Gillard confirming it's only for the elite fighters of Star Wars.
Baras being the strongest of the council is nice but what is it going to do for him? At best being one of the best in a specific era, hardly enough to be put amongst the best of the best EVER.

There's so much wrong with this post but I have to get to class. Good luck Urs, if you need help I'll address this when I get back.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by Darth Thor
And Maul's probably a mid-8 by SOD.

I said low-8.

The actual explanation is that Mace isn't Palpatine, and Maul isn't the B-Team. Mace and Maul still inhabit the same tier--Mace is maybe one level above.. Palpatine is a solid two levels above the B-Team, and got the jump on them besides.

Sure, assuming that Nick knows or cares about Vaapad, which I'm inclined to believe he doesn't.

Petrus
High Tier 8: Dooku, Malgus, Vader, Krayt, Caedus, Kun, Plagueis, Revan.

Mid Tier 8: Kenobi, Rebels Ahsoka, Maul, Ulic, HoT, Galen, probably Tenebrous, maybe Hord, Arcann, Kyle Katarn.

Low Tier 8: Ventress, Wrath, Bane, Satele, Savage, Grievous.

High Tier 7: Probably Nox, Surik, Zallow, Jinn.

Darth Thor
I said low-8.

Well given Gillard already confirmed to Ant that TPM Maul is an 8, I doubt SOD Maul would still be a Low-8.

But you're entitled to your take on it.

The actual explanation is that Mace isn't Palpatine, and Maul isn't the B-Team. Mace and Maul still inhabit the same tier--Mace is maybe one level above.. Palpatine is a solid two levels above the

Which is basically what I said. The levels Gillard gave make sense out of those fights.

Sure, assuming that Nick knows or cares about Vaapad, which I'm inclined to believe he doesn't.

His levels applied to the films only. But he was implementing (in his own way) the sword fighting abilities of the characters to be displayed in the movie choreography, as ordered to him by Lucas.

When he said Mace is on the border of an 8 and 9, that probably came about from his discussions with Lucas, without him knowing or understanding what Vapaad is all about. Lucas could have just said something Akin to "Mace starts off this fight as a high 8, but ends it as a solid 9"

Again makes sense given how Mace was backing away defensively for the first act of the fight, then into the 2nd act fights back more as an equal.

Deronn_solo
Pointless arbitrary rankings is pointless.

Beniboybling
thumb up

Geistalt
So my candidates for tier 8 would be: Darth Vader, Rebels Ahsoka, RotJ Luke, Ven Zallow, Aryn Leneer, Darth Malgus, Sora Bulq, Darth Tenebrous, Jaina Solo, Kyle Katarn, Mara Jade Skywalker, Ulic Qel-Droma, the Hero of Tython, the Emperor's Wrath, Meetra Surik, Darth Malak, Darth Bane, Darth Zannah, Savage Opress and Asajj Ventress.

All of the notable Ancient Sith fit in here as well. laughing-GTFO. nao.

Geistalt

All of the notable Ancient Sith fit in here as well. laughing-GTFO. nao.

Ursumeles
LMAO @Exile/Savage/Asajj/Mara being lolworthy, but not Aryn.

ares834

Petrus
She probably is, but we all know that wasn't prime Malgus.

Zenwolf
Minor characters giving a scuffle to bigger ones isn't anything new, that's kind of across the board in the SWU. My guess as to why, is because...well SW isn't like Marvel or DC, they don't have thousands of big characters to just crash into eachother, so they use other things.

ILS
The Mace 8/9 thing probably refers to his skirting the edges of the Dark Side with his morals, and that he wouldn't have fought with such intensity against anyone other than Palpatine. So it's a matter of discussion whether or not he'd tap into that kind of intensity against, say, Dooku, or if he'd stay an 8.

Him saying Anakin is a clear 9 indicates to me that "Zonakin" is a state he'd be driven to in any given fight, which is cool.

Fisto being a 7 also makes sense and is cool.

In general though assigning numbers to people whose powers depend on their emotional state is a bit arbitrary.

Petrus
In general assigning numbers to people is arbitrary period, lol.

Even if that's the case with Windu, he's still a High 8, which is very impressive anyway.

Also, if we assume normal Anakin is Zonakin in any given fight, and thus that Zonakin is a 9, Zonakin is inferior than some previously thought, because it would mean he's at best a good match for Yoda and not actually above him.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by Petrus

Also, if we assume normal Anakin is Zonakin in any given fight, and thus that Zonakin is a 9, Zonakin is inferior than some previously thought, because it would mean he's at best a good match for Yoda and not actually above him.

Lol, and how do you figure that? All that's been said is that they're both 9s. People have yet to claim that Anakin's on a tier ahead of Yoda's.

Geistalt
LMAO @Exile/Savage/Asajj/Mara being lolworthy, but not Aryn. Didn't even notice her.

Petrus
Lol, and how do you figure that? All that's been said is that they're both 9s. People have yet to claim that Anakin's on a tier ahead of Yoda's.

Because some people believe Zonakin > Yoda/Sidious. If Zonakin is simply peak RotS Anakin, he'd be better than Yoda, according to people who say Zonakin > Yoda.

NewGuy01
You have yet to establish a point.

Tzeentch
Obi-Wan disarmed and floored a Mace Windu tiered opponent as a padawan. haermm

Chosen_Sith
Originally posted by Tzeentch
Obi-Wan disarmed and floored a Mace Windu tiered opponent as a padawan. haermm

Gillard also stated there's other factors. Maul completely underestimated Obi Wan and was playing with him. Not that it matters, during the clone Wars, obi wan was usually at a disadvantage against maul. So either Obi Wan got worse, Maul got better, or Maul was severely playing with him. A trait flaw as seen in Rebels. It doesn't seem Maul can take opponents far beneath him seriously.

Zenwolf
Which is kinda still stupid of him to still have that mindset, given what keeps happening to him.

Chosen_Sith
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Which is kinda still stupid of him to still have that mindset, given what keeps happening to him.

Agreed. Not defending it but at this point it's the only logical explanation.

DarthDuelist9
Originally posted by Chosen_Sith
Gillard also stated there's other factors. Maul completely underestimated Obi Wan and was playing with him. Not that it matters, during the clone Wars, obi wan was usually at a disadvantage against maul. So either Obi Wan got worse, Maul got better, or Maul was severely playing with him. A trait flaw as seen in Rebels. It doesn't seem Maul can take opponents far beneath him seriously.

You got it sir!

Geistalt
I second all of the above 4 posts.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.