Captain America vs Black Panther

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

McNasty996
Captain America vs Black Panther

Two fights:
1.)Street Clothes(no shield or suit)

2.)Suit and Armor

Both fights to KO or Kill
Fight takes place in the Warehouse from BVS.
Who comes out on top?

h1a8
What were Panthers feats? His suit was vibranium right?

tkitna
Cap in 1st scenario

Probably T'Challa. That suit tanked some serious stuff.

Utrigita
Originally posted by tkitna
Cap in 1st scenario

Probably T'Challa. That suit tanked some serious stuff.

McNasty996
Originally posted by h1a8
What were Panthers feats? His suit was vibranium right?

Panther seemed to be able to handle Bucky every time he encoutered him until an outside force came along(Cap, Helictoper, etc ). He also had a brief scuffle with Cap where he appeared to be about equal however it was very brief. He seemed a bit faster than Cap during they're comparative encounters with Bucky

Yeah the suit was Vibranium

Arachnid1
Originally posted by McNasty996
Panther seemed to be able to handle Bucky every time he encoutered him until an outside force came along(Cap, Helictoper, etc ). He also had a brief scuffle with Cap where he appeared to be about equal however it was very brief. He seemed a bit faster than Cap during they're comparative encounters with Bucky

Yeah the suit was Vibranium This. Panther handled WS easier than Cap did. I don't typically like A>B>C arguments, but it seems valid here.

carthage
Maybe an even split around 1

Likely Tchalla because of his hax suit and comparable skill/physicals

TheVaultDweller
To be fair to Winter Soldier, Black Panther was out to kill, and actively trying to rip Bucky's throat out during their encounters. Bucky was generally already on the run from someone else, or trying to explain things, when they fought. Even when Winter Soldier was mind-controlled, his priority wasn't engaging Black Panther, but rather escaping the building.

That being said, out-of-suit Black Panther did hold up better against mind-controlled Bucky than Steve did. Black Panther managed to engage him fairly equally twice (and even kick him into a wall the second time), whereas Steve got overwhelmed and tossed down an elevator shaft.

ShadowFyre
Yeah. But steve was trying to talk to him as well. And bucky schooled the whole team of bw, sharin and tchalla. Maybe not schooled on bp, but i felt like he won

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
Yeah. But steve was trying to talk to him as well. And bucky schooled the whole team of bw, sharin and tchalla. Maybe not schooled on bp, but i felt like he won

What? There was no talking when they fought in that instance. Steve and Sam came down and saw the containment unit busted, and everyone laid out. Steve was talking to Zemo when Bucky jumped them, quickly dropped Sam, and then engaged Steve, pushing him back before BFR'ing him. Now granted, Bucky did have the element of surprise there, and never gave Steve any time to get his bearings, whereas T'Challa got the jump on WS both times while Bucky was mind-controlled.

FrothByte
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
What? There was no talking when they fought in that instance. Steve and Sam came down and saw the containment unit busted, and everyone laid out. Steve was talking to Zemo when Bucky jumped them, quickly dropped Sam, and then engaged Steve, pushing him back before BFR'ing him. Now granted, Bucky did have the element of surprise there, and never gave Steve any time to get his bearings, whereas T'Challa got the jump on WS both times while Bucky was mind-controlled.

To be fair with Steve, WS jumped him. He was unprepared, was reeling from being surprised at Bucky's attitude shift.

T'challa had the benefit of already seeing Bucky take out BW and Sharon and so he knew what he was in for. WS got the better of him at that point and he got the better of Bucky a few seconds later.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by FrothByte
To be fair with Steve, WS jumped him. He was unprepared, was reeling from being surprised at Bucky's attitude shift.

T'challa had the benefit of already seeing Bucky take out BW and Sharon and so he knew what he was in for. WS got the better of him at that point and he got the better of Bucky a few seconds later.

Yeah, well that's why I said he got the jump on him and never really let Cap get his bearings (Steve only managed to land like one proper hit during the exchange). It could be said that Winter Soldier also had a bit of an advantage in that he'd already had a bit of a "warm up" match against the government agents in that room (and Sam) before going after Steve. Bucky was pretty much already in fifth gear, while Steve was still jamming the keys into the ignition.

And as I did later point out, T'Challa had the advantage of getting the drop on Bucky both times. First when he was occupied with Widow, and later when BP came jumping from some random balcony, like a super ninja. And beyond Sharon and Widow, he had already tussled with him a bit on that rooftop, while suited up.

FrothByte
It should also be noted that in The Winter Soldier, Bucky was programmed to kill and eliminate Steve. Which is quite a different mindset when he was just trying to run away from BP.

A more telling fight would be their skirmish in the airport, and it seemed BP had WS dead to rights if it wasn't for Wanda.

TheVaultDweller
A more telling fight would be their skirmish in the airport, and it seemed BP had WS dead to rights if it wasn't for Wanda.

That's kind of a similar situation, as Black Panther was actively trying to kill Winter Soldier, who he thought had killed his father, whereas Bucky was trying to explain that it wasn't him, and was not trying to kill Black Panther in return.

"I didn't kill your father."

"Then why did you run?"

At which point T'Challa literally went for his throat.

These three are very close overall, IMO. Close enough that the gear they happen to be packing, plus their emotional/mental/motivational state at that point, could be the tipping factor in a fight. But it is hard to get a very good gauge sometimes, because the majority of their encounters have some plot elements involved.

TheVaultDweller
It should also be noted that when Black Panther and Winter Soldier fought at the airport, Black Panther was in his full suit, with claws. Bucky had nothing but his arm, and it didn't seem to help much. Either BP's suit further enhances his strength, or has some tech that allows him to screw with WS' arm. On the rooftop, when they fought initially, Black Panther thrust down and Winter Soldier had to strain with even his metal arm against T'Challa's. And during the airport fight, Black Panther was able to pry Bucky's metal arm from his throat with one hand.

In contrast to this, at one point when he fought Bucky out of his suit, T'Challa got his metal arm in a lock using both his own arms, yet Bucky started powering out of the hold with just that arm.

FrothByte
That's kind of a similar situation, as Black Panther was actively trying to kill Winter Soldier, who he thought had killed his father, whereas Bucky was trying to explain that it wasn't him, and was not trying to kill Black Panther in return.

"I didn't kill your father."

"Then why did you run?"

At which point T'Challa literally went for his throat.

These three are very close overall, IMO. Close enough that the gear they happen to be packing, plus their emotional/mental/motivational state at that point, could be the tipping factor in a fight. But it is hard to get a very good gauge sometimes, because the majority of their encounters have some plot elements involved.

That's a good point. WS was still defensive I guess. I'm actually somewhat irritated at how powerful they showed BP in this show. I felt like WS should have put up a better fight even if he wasn't intent on killing BP, kinda like how Cap was able to put up a good fight against WS even if he wasn't willing to kill him. BP being able to overpower WS's robot arm just didn't make sense to me, not when Cap was so clearly overpowered by it.

TheVaultDweller
That's a good point. WS was still defensive I guess. I'm actually somewhat irritated at how powerful they showed BP in this show. I felt like WS should have put up a better fight even if he wasn't intent on killing BP, kinda like how Cap was able to put up a good fight against WS even if he wasn't willing to kill him. BP being able to overpower WS's robot arm just didn't make sense to me, not when Cap was so clearly overpowered by it.

Well, the guy has what Cap has in his shield, but all over. Plus added claws. And he was only able to do it in his suit, which makes me think there is some tech involved. See here:

At 0:25 Bucky has to strain, even with the metal arm, to hold T'Challa back.

At 1:57 again, Black Panther seemingly overpowers Bucky's metal arm.

Now in contrast, look at 1:28. Black Panther is using both his arms, and has leverage, but Winter Soldier starts to push out of the hold.

-U0OMF5y9Jk

wakkawakkawakka
Hmm...so for this match it could be a toss up as I really don't know how Black Panther's suit would handle Caps shield hits as both are Vibranium objects. Though BP did seem to have greater fighting prowess from what little we've seen of him.

TheVaultDweller
I'd say Black Panther would have the edge in a fight with gear. Every shield bash from Steve is going to be a vibranium hit, but it will be impacting vibranium protection. Every hit (or kick) T'Challa lands will have vibranium behind it, seeing as he is totally covered, but, unless Cap successfully blocks with the shield, will be hitting lesser armour/exposed flesh, which is only made worse for Cap by the fact that BP has vibranium claws.

Street clothes and no weapons would be tough to call.

quanchi112
Cap wins.

KingD19
I think the simplest explanation is that the Vibranium in the suit absorbs all energy/force exerted against it(that's why he wasn't phased when the arrows exploded, and heavy machinegun rounds didn't even push him back. It's also why Cap's shield can take hits from Mjolnir and as long as he's ground, Steve doesn't even budge), so his arm just wouldn't do anything as all the momentum and force is sapped against the suit.

Mindset
Originally posted by Arachnid1
This. Panther handled WS easier than Cap did. I don't typically like A>B>C arguments, but it seems valid here. The difference is that Bucky never wanted to fight BP while BP was trying to kill him.

Every time Bucky fought BP he was trying to get away.

I'd put Bucky, Cap, and BP all on the same level, but BP seemed the most agile.

KingD19
Originally posted by Mindset
The difference is that Bucky never wanted to fight BP while BP was trying to kill him.

Every time Bucky fought BP he was trying to get away.

I'd put Bucky, Cap, and BP all on the same level, but BP seemed the most agile.

Cap = Most Raw power overall
Bucky = Metal Arm
Panther = Suit/Agility

KuRuPT Thanosi
This fight isn't the least bit close with BP in his suit. By not close I mean, BP should win every time. Every time. He's simply superior to Cap in virtually every way in his suit. Out of his suit it's obviously a lot closer.

quanchi112
Kt once again shows he is an idiot to be pitied.

Khazra Reborn
BP doesn't have enough screen time to draw a definitive conclusion IMO. Based on what we've seen I'd give it to Cap.

FrothByte
I'dhave to give the no suit fight to Cap. Just better feats overall. Also bigger biceps...

Suit fight goes to BP because black is cooler than red, white and blue.

Dreampanther
These three are very close overall, IMO. Close enough that the gear they happen to be packing, plus their emotional/mental/motivational state at that point, could be the tipping factor in a fight.

This.

BP is still somewhat of an enigma, at this point. We don't know how much he is based on the comic books and how much tech he packs in his suit. In the comics he eats the heart-shaped herb that gives him Super Soldier level speed, strength and agility as well as enhancing his senses, so physically he is on par with Cap and Bucky. Based on his encounter with Bucky after he was mind-controlled it seems plausible that he is at least somewhat enhanced in the movies, even without his suit.

My own personal opinion is that BP has a slight edge over them both with his suit, and Cap has a slight edge over Bucky with his shield - but it is very, very close.

h1a8
Cap will have a hard time even hurting Panther. He can choke him out though. I give Panther the edge here, because of the suit.

Placidity
Can someone explain how one harms Black Panther?

Bullets were *RICOCHETING* off of him - demonstrating hard armor (which you would assume anyway).

How can a human blow hurt him?

Utrigita
Originally posted by Placidity

Bullets were *RICOCHETING* off of him - demonstrating hard armor (which you would assume anyway).

Blows won't have any effect, I agree. However as demonstrated in the bike chase you can choke him, get a hold of him and you might be able to break his arms through locks and what not, since the suit doesn't seem to offer protection to that kind of applied force.

Placidity
^ Makes sense.

juggerman
1. Cap

2. BP

KuRuPT Thanosi
BP all day

quanchi112
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
BP all day Based on ?

Robtard
Originally posted by Placidity

Cap fights intelligently and a shield-edge strike to the neck joint where helm and suit meet could do it.

Go America thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.