The Hulk vs Who can beat him physically

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Eternalfury
The Hulk

vs

Who can beat him physically (No battle field removal)

Magnon
Superman.

ghostman
goku.

-K-M-
Puck

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-le2rQ236330/URHCikgMJTI/AAAAAAAAJ6U/HvnXGPcphXg/s1600/2012-12-27_134522_Puck.Hulk.jpg

shifty

krisblaze
Spider-man apparently.

carver9
No one under sky father

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by carver9
No one under sky father

DEMONIC LIES!!!!!

carver9
Lol.

Damborgson
Which Hulk?

rox
Thor or Odin or Gladiator

ozz81
Mangog maybe

StiltmanFTW
Princess Python's snake

Werewolf by Night

Savage Land gorilla

Ngarai demon

Steve Rogers

ShadowFyre
High Herald- any of his actual peers or a combination of on a good day. Glads,Hype,Thor, dumb drax should have the power output to put him down but would definitely be in favor of Hulk in a brawl.

Trans-Sentry, Thanos

Skyfather-i would assume any with stat amping can

carver9
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
High Herald- any of his actual peers or a combination of on a good day. Glads,Hype,Thor, dumb drax should have the power output to put him down but would definitely be in favor of Hulk in a brawl.

Trans-Sentry, Thanos

Skyfather-i would assume any with stat amping can

The way they are writing Hulk these days (I'm assuming you are using the Heralds using their abilities), I doubt a high Herald could take Hulk?

Brawl would be good between Thanos and Hulk. I'm thriving to see it.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Princess Python's snake

Werewolf by Night

Savage Land gorilla

Ngarai demon

Steve Rogers

thumb up

If we want to use the most recent portrayals, Hawkeye.

According to the resident Hulk expert, Hulk is Hulk, and all the personalities of Banner/Hulk are the same.

So if Hawkeye can snipe him...

Khazra Reborn
Wolverine.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Eternalfury
The Hulk

vs

Wonder Woman

zopzop
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
DEMONIC LIES!!!!!
thumb up

PS Welcome back!

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by zopzop
thumb up

PS Welcome back!

YOUR KING HAS RETURNED!!!!

Digi
I actually think He-Man's a bad matchup for him. One of the few that could conceivably match him in strength, and a decapitation via Sword of Power has to count as a win, yeah?

carver9
Don't know if Heman could match him physically

Digi
Don't know if Heman could match him physically

He'd be more susceptible to a KO. So you may be right. But he's actually one of the few characters that, for example, I think could match any version of Hulk in an arm wrestling match. I can't even say that about Superman, though imo Kal's full suite of powers is what separates him, not just his strength.

It's as much about the sword as anything, though. If this is entirely H2H, I'd be singing a different tune.

carver9
Originally posted by Digi
He'd be more susceptible to a KO. So you may be right. But he's actually one of the few characters that, for example, I think could match any version of Hulk in an arm wrestling match. I can't even say that about Superman, though imo Kal's full suite of powers is what separates him, not just his strength.

It's as much about the sword as anything, though. If this is entirely H2H, I'd be singing a different tune.

I know you are highly familiar with the character so I'm unsure on this but can Heman amp himself physically?

LordofBrooklyn
I know you are highly familiar with the character so I'm unsure on this but can Heman amp himself physically?

He receives power from Castle Greyskull that meets his challenge.

In fact, in terms of strength I think the quote is" Strength enough to meet any challenge"

Digi

Yes. It's one of the lazier plot devices in comics/TV. But he amps via a multiversal nexus of power that grants him as much strength as he needs for a task. I'm not joking when I say he's among the tiny number of sub-Skyfather characters that could conceivably match or surpass any version of Hulk in pure strength. However, it's also conceivable to play the "no-limits fallacy" card on that argument, and when we look at the totality of their feats, they both have some lunatic highs, but Hulk probably gets the edge in terms of highest-end feats. So in an actual fight, I'd call strength a push.

He's got other weaknesses Hulk doesn't. Bit of a glass jaw at times and a tendency to "play down" to his competition, so to speak. Also no real healing feats. Probably slight skill and speed edge over Hulk, though. But between his strength and the Sword of Power, which can phuck up anyone at this level, he's a bad matchup for Hulk imo.

It's interesting, I just repped Thor over He-Man in a thread. I think he could KO Adam without entering melee range if he wanted. But I don't think he could do the same to Hulk, who presents more of a problem for Thor due to his durability and healing. Thor would need to enter melee range, where Hulk has an advantage. Yet He-Man presents a challenge to Hulk, maybe more so than Thor. It's an interesting microcosm of why things like tiers often break down under scrutiny.

carver9
Yes. It's one of the lazier plot devices in comics/TV. But he amps via a multiversal nexus of power that grants him as much strength as he needs for a task. I'm not joking when I say he's among the tiny number of sub-Skyfather characters that could conceivably match or surpass any version of Hulk in pure strength. However, it's also conceivable to play the "no-limits fallacy" card on that argument, and when we look at the totality of their feats, they both have some lunatic highs, but Hulk probably gets the edge in terms of highest-end feats. So in an actual fight, I'd call strength a push.

He's got other weaknesses Hulk doesn't. Bit of a glass jaw at times and a tendency to "play down" to his competition, so to speak. Also no real healing feats. Probably slight skill and speed edge over Hulk, though. But between his strength and the Sword of Power, which can phuck up anyone at this level, he's a bad matchup for Hulk imo.

It's interesting, I just repped Thor over He-Man in a thread. I think he could KO Adam without entering melee range if he wanted. But I don't think he could do the same to Hulk, who presents more of a problem for Thor due to his durability and healing. Thor would need to enter melee range, where Hulk has an advantage. Yet He-Man presents a challenge to Hulk, maybe more so than Thor. It's an interesting microcosm of why things like tiers often break down under scrutiny.

thumb up

Make sense. What speed fts does Heman have?

Inedian
No one under sky father

Indeed.

Flyattractor
What I would like to know is how Long would Hulk last against some of these guys if you took away his Insanely Powerful Healing and Regenerative abilities?

Gecko4lif
I was legit confused about heman was until I saw grayskull

It's He-man god damn it

DarkSaint85

I see you edited out the bit praising LoB.....

krisblaze

Not to completely derail, but why would Thor ever need to enter melee?

He fires his big guns at range.

Entering melee is the last thing he ever needs to do.

TheLordofMurder
The Goddamned BATMAN!!!!!!!!!!! can take out Hulk mono y mono:

TheLordofMurder
smile

krisblaze
Spider-man Unlimited #11 anyone?

carver9
Originally posted by Flyattractor
What I would like to know is how Long would Hulk last against some of these guys if you took away his Insanely Powerful Healing and Regenerative abilities?

He will still probably win. They have been praising his durability. Making it appear as if it is harder than Adamantium.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
The Goddamned BATMAN!!!!!!!!!!! can take out Hulk mono y mono:

Slightly edited scan and non-canon to 616, but that cross-over is not likely to ever get forgotten laughing out loud

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
I see you edited out the bit praising LoB.....

Scales Provolone probably removed it!

StiltmanFTW
Lol, no red font. Impotent.

Digi
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
Scales Provolone probably removed it!

Lol. I actually approve of this new nickname for Bada.

thumb up

RealityWarper
Originally posted by Eternalfury
The Hulk

vs

Do you mean physically in a lifting contest or in a hand-to-hand fight ?

LordofBrooklyn
Lol, no red font. Impotent.

THE MIGHTY LOB IS VIRILITY PERSONIFIED!!!!!!!!

StiltmanFTW
Yeah, right roll eyes (sarcastic)

Surtur
I actually think He-Man's a bad matchup for him. One of the few that could conceivably match him in strength, and a decapitation via Sword of Power has to count as a win, yeah?

I don't think he could match the World breaker Hulks or anything. His strength seemed to vary, I remember he moved the moon or something along those lines. Also tossed a castle back in time.

Though He-man did also have some level of super speed.

Digi
thumb up

Make sense. What speed fts does Heman have?

Originally posted by Surtur
I don't think he could match the World breaker Hulks or anything. His strength seemed to vary, I remember he moved the moon or something along those lines. Also tossed a castle back in time.

Though He-man did also have some level of super speed.

He has a couple ridiculous speed feats - like running so fast around a lake (not in it, but around it) that he creates a water tornado. But the video links I had for them are no longer up on Youtube.

Anyway, the image links in my battle with Leo are still working:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=600780

Since the respect thread I made with Goober years ago is like 90% dead links, that's the closest to a respect thread He-Man has on KMC.

I'm actually ok with saying Adam can't match WB Hulk in pure strength. He can in theory. But I know feats have to count for something.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Flyattractor

His durability is so tied into his hf that its impossible to have one without the other. Closest thing iirc is Planet Hulk but he was seriously depowered for most of that arc

Stoic
@Surtur, the Hulk has a level of super speed as well according to several of his showings. He-Man has yet to impress upon me, that he has ever physically moved at light speed. I've noticed that reaction time has a lot to do with the outcome of whom hits whom. If not, when Superman is tagged by characters that move slower than he does, he'd never be hit. Superman doesn't have any form of Precognitive powers. Which brings something interesting up about so many people that immediately announce a PIS or CIS ruling. They should actually also be considering margins of error. Or more to the point, the fact that most characters don't actually possess the means of seeing the future. If Superman, could see the future, it would be over before it began. No duh right? That's why he/she/they/them gets hit.. etc.

Digi
Originally posted by Stoic
@Surtur, the Hulk has a level of super speed as well according to several of his showings. He-Man has yet to impress upon me, that he has ever physically moved at light speed. I've noticed that reaction time has a lot to do with the outcome of whom hits whom. If not, when Superman is tagged by characters that move slower than he does, he'd never be hit. Superman doesn't have any form of Precognitive powers. Which brings something interesting up about so many people that immediately announce a PIS or CIS ruling. They should actually also be considering margins of error. Or more to the point, the fact that most characters don't actually possess the means of seeing the future. If Superman, could see the future, it would be over before it began. No duh right? That's why he/she/they/them gets hit.. etc.

He-Man has one that's straight-up Pre-Crisis Barry Allen sh*t. The Youtube link I had is dead, so of course I can't find it. But it was a decisive point for at least one judge in my Battlezone with him.

Suffice it to say, they're a fair amount more ridiculous in their execution (but what isn't with He-Man), but he's not slower than Hulk.

Stoic
The Hulk doesn't have to be that fast, he's a living bomb that grows beyond anything that I've seen from He-Man. World Breaker would destroy Adam. I've seen He-Man, and Grayskull pushed beyond their measure. If you've ever seen it, He-Man was well below the strength of an the Ancient Dragon. This showed that there were some hard limits placed on him. The Hulk's limits are well above the Ancient Dragon's. Digi, Adam isn't touching the Hulk at his most powerful showing to date. Adam would be annihilated, It may also even be possible that a large portion of his galaxy would be destroyed as well. Sounds funny, but it was right there in our faces in the HOTM arc. If we took Adams best, do we take the Hulk's averages, or his best as well? The Hulk can exceed the power that Grayskull can give He-Man. The sword of power wouldn't keep the Hulk down for long. either. Margins of error happen, especially with the Hulk's ability to heal faster as he grows in strength. Betty as the Red She Hulk cut him with an enchanted blade as well, and he healed immediately as if the cuts never happened. Adam would wind up within the Hulk's range, and he would be hit and be destroyed in that same instant.

ShadowFyre
The way they are writing Hulk these days (I'm assuming you are using the Heralds using their abilities), I doubt a high Herald could take Hulk?

Brawl would be good between Thanos and Hulk. I'm thriving to see it.

Theyre his peers. No, I think tjey would lose in a brawl but I'm saying in Marvel those three have feats that say they could take him out. They have the power to do it, just not likely if its plain fisticuffs because thats Banners thing.

To comfortably fight him physically and win would definitely need to be trans to take a majority..

Digi
The Hulk doesn't have to be that fast, he's a living bomb that grows beyond anything that I've seen from He-Man. World Breaker would destroy Adam. I've seen He-Man, and Grayskull pushed beyond their measure. If you've ever seen it, He-Man was well below the strength of an the Ancient Dragon. This showed that there were some hard limits placed on him. The Hulk's limits are well above the Ancient Dragon's. Digi, Adam isn't touching the Hulk at his most powerful showing to date. Adam would be annihilated, It may also even be possible that a large portion of his galaxy would be destroyed as well. Sounds funny, but it was right there in our faces in the HOTM arc. If we took Adams best, do we take the Hulk's averages, or his best as well? The Hulk can exceed the power that Grayskull can give He-Man. The sword of power wouldn't keep the Hulk down for long. either. Margins of error happen, especially with the Hulk's ability to heal faster as he grows in strength. Betty as the Red She Hulk cut him with an enchanted blade as well, and he healed immediately as if the cuts never happened. Adam would wind up within the Hulk's range, and he would be hit and be destroyed in that same instant.

No arguments, but when did WBH become standard for Hulk matches? The OP specifies nothing of the sort. Seems like we moved the goalposts somewhere here.

So yeah, WBH is quite clearly beyond He-Man. Same with other similarly uber versions. /srug

I do think the Sword of Power could decapitate Hulk if he's not careful. Hulk's healing is amazing, but even it has limits on what attacks it can ignore in battles like these. Against, say, Classic Savage Hulk, or some of the lesser or more common iterations, I think Adam has a decent chance.

Stoic
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
Theyre his peers. No, I think tjey would lose in a brawl but I'm saying in Marvel those three have feats that say they could take him out. They have the power to do it, just not likely if its plain fisticuffs because thats Banners thing.

To comfortably fight him physically and win would definitely need to be trans to take a majority..

Perhaps beyond that in terms of sheer destruction. The Hulk gets a nerf at the beginning of every book that he's in. We can't forget that point. Since the characters inception, it has written that he has no known limit to his strength. Do we take that with a grain of salt, or accept that it is what it says? The Hulk on average isn't enough to stop from being one shot KO'd by a trans level character if we conveniently leave out that he is not only growing in power, but actually growing rapidly in power.

In a forum fight, the Hulk has nothing to stop him from immediately going ape-shit in a neutral environment. No innocents. He'd be just as aware of this fact, as his opponent would be. Right? shifty

ShadowFyre
Well. Thats basically no limits falllacy. Him instantly raging to wbh levels. Thats like Flash speed steal and Thor insta godblasting or supes starting off 100 years sundipped

carver9
No arguments, but when did WBH become standard for Hulk matches? The OP specifies nothing of the sort. Seems like we moved the goalposts somewhere here.

So yeah, WBH is quite clearly beyond He-Man. Same with other similarly uber versions. /srug

I do think the Sword of Power could decapitate Hulk if he's not careful. Hulk's healing is amazing, but even it has limits on what attacks it can ignore in battles like these. Against, say, Classic Savage Hulk, or some of the lesser or more common iterations, I think Adam has a decent chance.

http://static1.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11121/111213429/5297240-1464624955-51693.jpg

DarkSaint85
Perhaps beyond that in terms of sheer destruction. The Hulk gets a nerf at the beginning of every book that he's in. We can't forget that point. Since the characters inception, it has written that he has no known limit to his strength. Do we take that with a grain of salt, or accept that it is what it says? The Hulk on average isn't enough to stop from being one shot KO'd by a trans level character if we conveniently leave out that he is not only growing in power, but actually growing rapidly in power.

In a forum fight, the Hulk has nothing to stop him from immediately going ape-shit in a neutral environment. No innocents. He'd be just as aware of this fact, as his opponent would be. Right? shifty

That still doesn't mean he goes WBH, though. His character is such that he doesn't go WBH if, say Spiderman cracked a yo mamma joke.

Even if there are no innocents around.

Basically, it becomes an argument of powerset, rather than who the character of Hulk is.

ghostman
He-Man has one that's straight-up Pre-Crisis Barry Allen sh*t. The Youtube link I had is dead, so of course I can't find it. But it was a decisive point for at least one judge in my Battlezone with him.

Suffice it to say, they're a fair amount more ridiculous in their execution (but what isn't with He-Man), but he's not slower than Hulk.

can you tll me what the speed feat is? always been curious about he-man

DarkSaint85
http://static1.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11121/111213429/5297240-1464624955-51693.jpg

That's not really comparable to a magical sword.

krisblaze
That picture really is terrifying.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by krisblaze
That picture really is terrifying.

Lol ikr. Like y didnt a hulk head grow in its place. Stupidest shit ever

h1a8
There are many levels of Hulk. I vote that in all Hulk threads he be given a range (or cap). For example, WWH has a higher cap than Savage Hulk.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by h1a8
There are many levels of Hulk. I vote that in all Hulk threads he be given a range (or cap). For example, WWH has a higher cap than Savage Hulk.

No thats retarded

RealityWarper

This is the ancient Hulk whom was subject to random mutations like this.

We can hardly compare him to the current version whom didn't prove the ability to regrow a head for the plot. embarrasment

-K-M-
Yeah he attributed he was able to survive due to his body at the time being in flux

StiltmanFTW
"Hulk is Hulk".

Mindship
Validus.

carver9
"Hulk is Hulk".

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.