Novel Vitiate vs Dathomir Talzin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Trocity
Fight takes place on Dathomir.

Who wins?

Ziggystardust
Shitiate wins

The Ellimist
Dathomir Talzin = RotS Sidious > Vitiate. I don't see any reason to ignore the various statements putting Sidious on top, and Talzin was able to match him. And those were testaments to Palpatine's power, which is where Vitiate would be closest to matching him; Sidious has many iterative advantages with regards to fighting skill, reflexes, etc.

UCanShootMyNova
Talzin in a close fight.

carthage
Talzin makes him her *****

SunRazer
Talzin beats Vitiate at this point. Grueling match, though.

S_W_LeGenD
People tend to forget that Vitiate was powerful enough to defeat a Strike Team comprising of Revan, Meetra Surik and Lord Scourge, at this point.

My vote is with Vitiate.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by The Ellimist
Dathomir Talzin = RotS Sidious > Vitiate. I don't see any reason to ignore the various statements putting Sidious on top, and Talzin was able to match him. And those were testaments to Palpatine's power, which is where Vitiate would be closest to matching him; Sidious has many iterative advantages with regards to fighting skill, reflexes, etc.
Various statements putting Palpatine above Vitiate? Kindly show me this evidence. And no! I don't want to see quotes from ROTS novelization and older sources.

MS Warehouse
Vitiate in a close fight.

SunRazer
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
People tend to forget that Vitiate was powerful enough to defeat a Strike Team comprising of Revan, Meetra Surik and Lord Scourge, at this point.

My vote is with Vitiate.

Actually, everybody seems to think that. What they forget was that Revan, Surik and Scourge had just as much of a chance of winning, and this was on an incredibly potent DS nexus as well.

Nephthys
Originally posted by The Ellimist

Sidious > Talzin. I've no doubt that at the least Vitiate could have done just as well as she did against Sids.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by SunRazer
Actually, everybody seems to think that. What they forget was that Revan, Surik and Scourge had just as much of a chance of winning, and this was on an incredibly potent DS nexus as well.
I don't recall entire planet to be considered as a nexus of Dark Side energy! It wasn't.

Revan could draw from the Dark Side! He was not hindered by it. Lord Scourge wasn't hindered by it either by virtue of being a Sith. Only Meetra Surik would be somewhat hindered.

Fated Xtasy
Kinda wanna say Talzin.

AncientPower
Good God, you're still pedalling Dromund Kaas isn't an extremely powerful dark side site? I'm amazed by how much you lowball Vitiate's experiments.

Anyway, the Dark Citadel was such a powerful dark side site that Lord Scourge, in the Sith academy on the borders of Kaas City, could sustain himself for hours in combat on the energies emanating from it.

Tondemonai
Originally posted by SunRazer
Talzin beats Vitiate at this point. Grueling match, though.

Tondemonai
Tbh I could see Vitiate pulling a win on neutral ground, and winning on Kaas, but Talzin has the home field advantage here.

Deronn_solo
How the the entire planet not a nexus, when it sported non-stop thunderstorms because of Vitiate's darkside experimenets? Sounds like the dark side has some sort of grip on it, and Revan commenting about his senses being vitiated gives more credence to that theory.

LMAO.

The Ellimist
Originally posted by AncientPower
Good God, you're still pedalling Dromund Kaas isn't an extremely powerful dark side site? I'm amazed by how much you lowball Vitiate's experiments.

Anyway, the Dark Citadel was such a powerful dark side site that Lord Scourge, in the Sith academy on the borders of Kaas City, could sustain himself for hours in combat on the energies emanating from it.

Yeah, we really have no substantive feats for non-nexus Vitiate. All we know is that people in-universe think he's above all previous sith, .i.e. Exar Kun, but I don't think any official source has confirmed that he had surpassed them as of the novel. I think it's a legitimate question whether he's above RotJ Vader.

Sinious
The guy can one-shot Revan. :/

DarthAnt66
Not really.

Sinious
Even with the circumstances of that feat, it should still be considered a showing of power significantly above Vader. thumb up

DarthAnt66
I can agree with that. thumb up

The_Tempest
Only people with major hate for Revan or chronic battles with reading comprehension think Vitiate stomped Revan in the book.

Sinious
It's a semi-stomp, remember? smile

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
How the the entire planet not a nexus, when it sported non-stop thunderstorms because of Vitiate's darkside experimenets? Sounds like the dark side has some sort of grip on it, and Revan commenting about his senses being vitiated gives more credence to that theory.

LMAO. It's hardly a theory when SWTOR.com states that "the planet is bristling with the energy of the dark side"

The Ellimist
Originally posted by Sinious
The guy can one-shot Revan. :/

Only when he raises his hands* to gather his energies*, and Revan decides to stop his advance and catch his blast* with tutanimus. His uncharged bolts* were being batted back at him*. In comparison, Sidious's lightning pushed the tutanimus of his relative equal, Yoda, to near its limits.

* on one of the most powerful dark side nexuses in the galaxy

Nephthys
Revan gathered his energies as well.

The Ellimist
But it didn't help him as much, since when they were both doing it from the hip Revan was winning.

Deronn_solo
Originally posted by Beniboybling
It's hardly a theory when SWTOR.com states that "the planet is bristling with the energy of the dark side"
Guess LeG is factually wrong then. Nothing new there then, I suppose.
laughing out loud

darthbane77
Vitiate wins this, even as of the novel he was the most powerful Sith Lord in the galaxy's long history. This is the guy who nearly barbecued Revan Reborn, albeit with some difficulty, but I doubt somebody as powerful as that; who can dominate minds, turn an entire planet into a nexus by sitting down for a little while, floor Revan, and is so powerful that Marka Ragnos made a 13 year old A Sith Lord, is going to get beat by Talzin. Will it be a decent fight, most definitely, Talzin won't go down easily; but she will go down.

The Ellimist
Originally posted by darthbane77
Vitiate wins this, even as of the novel he was the most powerful Sith Lord in the galaxy's long history.

Sidious, amped Talzin's equal, has this accolade stretched out even further.

Talzin stalemated Sidious, so she wouldn't be too impressed.

Novel Vitiate struggled against Revan despite being on a powerful dark side nexus. Dathomir! Talzin is an equal to RotS Sidious, the most powerful sith lord in galactic history. She clearly wins via transitive property.

darthbane77
ROTS Sidious being the most powerful Sith in history is highly contestable. Vitiate has Force feats putting him equal to ROTS Sidious, if not slightly above. Sidious advantage is his OP skill with a lightsaber. Talzin is incredibly powerful but Sidious is superior in the Force, and Vitiate is arguably Sidious' superior.

The Ellimist
ROTS Sidious being the most powerful Sith in history is highly contestable.

It's been repeated in enough sources that denying it becomes pretty sophistic.

When has novel Vitiate done anything on RotS Sidious's level without a nexus?

His nexus-amped lightning couldn't overpower Revan without him gathering his energies; Sidious was able to push Yoda to his limits. And Yoda is explicitly the most powerful Jedi to his time in history.

Vitiate never surpasses RotS Sidious; he certainly hasn't by the Revan novel.

darthbane77
Sidious is the most powerful Sith Lord overall, his power in the Force and skill with a blade; as well as knowledge, make him incredibly powerful. Vitiate has Force feats that put him equal to or slightly greater in the Force alone, so Sidious is still more "powerful" overall. The Lightning point you made isn't really a point, Revan's raw power is equal to that of Yoda's; though obviously Yoda is superior in other regards.

The Ellimist
Based on what is Revan Yoda's equal in raw power?

The fact of the matter is that novel Vitiate has done literally nothing off of a powerful nexus, and even on it he really isn't that impressive. He got disarmed by an off-the-cusp saber throw by Meetra Surik.

Nephthys
It's off the cuff and plenty of people have been hit by things by surprise. Vader got pushed by Ezra and Kanan.

darthbane77
Look at all Revan's feats from his first ones up to his book, Revan is obviously a Yoda tier combatant. Raw power, he absorbed lightning capable of incinerating Meetra and Scourge and redirected it with ease; that's as impressive as almost any tutaminis feat Yoda has displayed, save for stalemating Sidious lightning with tutaminis. In terms of raw power, easily grabbing and throwing asteroids at his opponents on the Foundry; he did this while he massively weakened. Revan himself in the novel would also have been weakened, yet was still able to contend with Vitiate. So yes, Revan is equal to Yoda in raw power. Vitiate's lightning in the novel was stated to be "infinitely more powerful" than Nyriss', now I know this is an exaggeration, but it gets across the message that Vitiate's lightning was far more powerful than lightning that was already capable of incinerating people. So there's a feat for Vitiate AND Revan, because Revan was able to absorb most of the lightning and tanked the rest.

Deronn_solo
DB should leave Revan to Ant, lawl. My God your arguments are absolute cancer, KEK.

darthbane77
Nah, I know what I'm talking about regarding Revan. Maybe not as well as Ant, but I know enough.

Deronn_solo
Then why are you spouting pure cancer here? Deflecting Nyriss lightning isn't on the same plane as doing so with Sidious' FL, neither is dropping a some bus size meteorites, kek. That's not even impressive to a half-dead Vader decades before his prime, lmao. Yoda has that outmatched 100 fold, by destroying two 100 meter droid landing vessels --- even accounting for Revan being weakened, lmao.

darthbane77
I disagree entirely. That meteor feat for Revan is on par with anything Vader has done in regard to TK, and being weakened makes all the more impressive. Easily deflecting lightning powerful enough to disintegrate people, also while weakened, is more impressive than Yoda's handling of Dooku's lightning BY MILES; and the ability to absorb most of Vitiate's lightning while being weakened on a dark side nexus is immensely impressive. Ant might not say exactly the same as what I believe personally, but I'd assume he'd think at least somewhat similarly.

Trocity
Ant has Plagueis above Revan in the Force, and Yoda above him. You do not think overly similarly, I'm afraid.

Deronn_solo
Of course you would.

No, it really isn't, lmao. Collapsing a cathedral massive enough to sport an underground labyrinth, while willing himself to stay alive, decades before his prime, is more impressive, kek.

Who cares? Yoda's best feat is holding off lightning from a Sith Lord far more powerful than Dooku, in Darth Sidious. While you're latching on to that one shitty Dooku feat is beyond me, and cherry picking at it's absolute finest. Glad you ignored Yoda's TK showings shitting all over Revan's though.

darthbane77
Yoda obviously has some great TK feats that are above Revan's. The Cathedral feats is one of Vader's absolute best feats, and that's the only one that's far more impressive than Revan's.

darthbane77
Originally posted by Trocity
Ant has Plagueis above Revan in the Force, and Yoda above him. You do not think overly similarly, I'm afraid. That's really the only thing I disagree with him on. Plagueis being more powerful than Revan isn't understandable to me.

UCanShootMyNova
Given that Luceno himself said a fight between the two might have been in favor of Plagueis as of TPM I believe that's why Ant holds the stance he does.

darthbane77
Plagueis is the superior duelist, in that I agree; but I think Revan has the Force advantage and is skilled enough with a blade to pose a threat.

Ziggystardust
I think Ant begrudgingly puts Plagueis over Revan to keep the peace. I've seen too many past hissy fits to believe those are his genuine convictions.

UCanShootMyNova
You know a duel refers to a conflict between two force users in SW correct?

You think Revan is above TPM Sidious as a Force user?...

MythLord
and being weakened makes all the more impressive. Easily deflecting lightning powerful enough to disintegrate people, also while weakened, is more impressive than Yoda's handling of Dooku's lightning BY MILES;

No, it isn't, LMAO. A weakened Dooku's lightning was enough to kill Force sensitives as potent as Asajj, or Vos; and give Sidious extreme assistance against an equal of his -- i.e. Talzin -- on top of surpassing the raw power Maul was handing over to his mother.

His lightning feats should, at the very least, rival Nyriss'.

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by MythLord
No, it isn't, LMAO. A weakened Dooku's lightning was enough to kill Force sensitives as potent as Asajj, or Vos; and give Sidious extreme assistance against an equal of his -- i.e. Talzin -- on top of surpassing the raw power Maul was handing over to his mother.

His lightning feats should, at the very least, rival Nyriss'.

thumb up

darthbane77
I think SoR Revan is powerful enough in the Force to contend with, but not defeat, people like Yoda and ROTS Sidious. In the Force I hold Revan and Caedus as about equal to TPM Sidious, possibly between TPM and ROTS Sidious.

UCanShootMyNova
How the hell is Caedus an equal to TPM Sidious in the Force?

MythLord
How is Revan equal to TPM Sidious in the Force?

I mean, granted he doesn't have as many feats, but we can form a pretry solid standing for him.

Not that your post has anything to do with mine. You're sorta moving the goalpost and saying "It's my MO" to pass without resistance or debate?

UCanShootMyNova
Nah he thinks Revan is TPM Sidious's superior. LOL.

MythLord
Even worse.

darthbane77
^^^Potentially. And there's nothing ti suggest otherwise. TPM Sidious is about equal to Plagueis, maybe slightly above him; and I hold Revan as above Plagueis by a decent margin. I'm not saying he could defeat ROTS Sidious or Yoda, just that he's powerful enough to give them a fight.

UCanShootMyNova
DB. You understand that TPM Sidious was capable of moving so fast Maul wasn't capable of percieving him, was at the time already concealing his presence from the Jedi Order ( among its members, beings such as Yoda ) and was carrying out rituals that unbalanced the Force itself? Not only with Plagueis btw but by himself throughout the Clone Wars.

MythLord
The idea that Revan is ahead of Plagueis itself is rather questionable and even Revan's reigning champion and debater, Ant, believes Plagueis to be superior.

I trust his judgement and objectivity far more than I trust yours.

It's cute and all what you think, but until you can substantiate said thoughts with anything other than literal headcanon, they shouldn't be relevant to any debater.

darthbane77
During the Clone Wars by himself is fine, TCW Sidious is above Revan (because TCW Sidious is practically ROTS Sidious) but as of TPM I think Revan is somewhat more powerful.

DarthAnt66
That moment when my placement of Revan might be lower than the majority of CV / KMC. mmm

darthbane77
The idea that Revan is ahead of Plagueis itself is rather questionable and even Revan's reigning champion and debater, Ant, believes Plagueis to be superior.

I trust his judgement and objectivity far more than I trust yours.

It's cute and all what you think, but until you can substantiate said thoughts with anything other than literal headcanon, they shouldn't be relevant to any debater. I've been giving example of Revan's abilities almost this entire time, whether it's acknowledged or not isn't my fault.

UCanShootMyNova
It's illogical to believe Sidious grew so much in power from TPM to RotS when he had little to no time to train/hone his abilities as Chancellor of the Republic.

MythLord
During the Clone Wars by himself is fine, TCW Sidious is above Revan (because TCW Sidious is practically ROTS Sidious) but as of TPM I think Revan is somewhat more powerful.

You didn't read my post, did you? Do it again:

It's cute and all what you think, but until you can substantiate said thoughts with anything other than literal headcanon, they shouldn't be relevant to any debater.

I've been giving example of Revan's abilities almost this entire time, whether it's acknowledged or not isn't my fault.

You spammed some feats and said you think they're good enough, but like I said:

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
That moment when my placement of Revan might be lower than the majority of CV / KMC. mmm

Meh, shows more objectivity, logical thinking and debating skill.

UCanShootMyNova

This is what happens when you float out arguments that any fanboi can latch onto and twist for their own purposes. This is why I warned you to be careful. It would've been fine if they'd just infested CV but now they're migrating...

darthbane77
You didn't read my post, did you? Do it again:

Meh, shows more objectivity, logical thinking and debating skill. I DID read it, and my response holds. I have given examples of Revan's Force abilities being able to rival those of Yoda, and by extension, Sidious.

UCanShootMyNova
I don't see the feat you provided that rivals Yoda's telekinetic manipulation of 2 CIS transports tbh.

MythLord
Read my post above, again:

darthbane77
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
I don't see the feat you provided that rivals Yoda's telekinetic manipulation of 2 CIS transports tbh. I was referring to the showings for tutaminis, I admitted already that Yoda has superior TK feats.

MythLord
I've countered your claim for Tutaminis... Your response was "I just think Revan is gewd enough to hold his own".

darthbane77
This is what happens when you float out arguments that any fanboi can latch onto and twist for their own purposes. This is why I warned you to be careful. It would've been fine if they'd just infested CV but now they're migrating... Not a fanboy, a fanboy would be saying that Revan could stomp Plagueis or Sidious or that he was more powerful than Vitiate. I'm simply saying he's comparable, not superior but not vastly inferior either.

UCanShootMyNova
Which places him above Revan as a Force user. :/

UCanShootMyNova
Not a fanboy, a fanboy would be saying that Revan could stomp Plagueis or Sidious or that he was more powerful than Vitiate. I'm simply saying he's comparable, not superior but not vastly inferior either.

Nah. A fanboi would say that he's a peer of these characters despite having no showings to substantiate such a claim. :/

darthbane77
I've countered your claim for Tutaminis... Your response was "I just think Revan is gewd enough to hold his own". You brought up Sidious lightning, which yes is superior to Nyriss'. But Revan's ability to almost completely absorb an immense blast of lightning from Vitiate on a powerful Dark Side nexus is a comparable feat.

Beniboybling
Revan got shat on by Vitiate, so Yoda would shit on him harder. It's that simple. smile

MythLord
You brought up Sidious lightning, which yes is superior to Nyriss'. But Revan's ability to almost completely absorb an immense blast of lightning from Vitiate on a powerful Dark Side nexus is a comparable feat.

I didn't even bring up Sidious, but yes, I actually could.

Sidious is canonically ahead of a later, more powerful, incarnation of Vitiate. Therefore, the difference between him as of the novel and Palpatine should be considerable.

Add to that Yoda's considerably greater performance and you have him surpassing Revan, by a league, logically. So nah, Revan as of the novel is not within Yoda's tier.

UCanShootMyNova
He himself uses the Darkside. Any hindrances or boosts he may have recieved from the nexus are cancelled out.

Vitiate's power is only measurable when taking into account the Darkside nexus because that's where all his best feats occur.

Vitiate has no feat that places him on Sidious's level.

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!

darthbane77
He himself uses the Darkside. Any hindrances or boosts he may have recieved from the nexus are cancelled out.

Vitiate's power is only measurable when taking into account the Darkside nexus because that's where all his best feats occur.

Vitiate has no feat that places him on Sidious's level.

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!! Maybe not novel Vitiate, aside from his lightning. Any other version of Vitiate is easily comparable to Sidious.

UCanShootMyNova
Provide examples please.

darthbane77
Provide examples please. His dominating the strike team in SWTOR, single-handedly draining Ziost, being powerful enough to perform a ritual that would have wiped out all life in the galaxy (sure he had some help, but it still speaks to his power that he could even conceivably achieve this). As Valkorion: easily blocking Arcann's lightsaber strikes, easily flooring Arcann with a massive blast of lightning, vaporizing a large group of soldiers with a wave of Force energy.

UCanShootMyNova
Which characters made up the strike team and in what way did he dominate them? As of now it sounds a lot like Revan's feat which isn't comparable to Yoda or Sidious's best feats.

He drained Ziost after feeding off the madness and hate of the population he'd driven to insanity meaning that would not be within his standard capabilities.

First off it's a ritual meaning he is incapable of accomplishing this without prep. Second, what the f*ck are you talking about.

I don't give a sh!t about his Valkorian feats. He's far more powerful in that form. We're talking about his incarnation as Vitiate.

Nephthys
Which characters made up the strike team and in what way did he dominate them? As of now it sounds a lot like Revan's feat which isn't comparable to Yoda or Sidious's best feats.

He drained Ziost after feeding off the madness and hate of the population he'd driven to insanity meaning that would not be within his standard capabilities.

First off it's a ritual meaning he is incapable of accomplishing this without prep. Second, what the f*ck are you talking about.

I don't give a sh!t about his Valkorian feats. He's far more powerful in that form. We're talking about his incarnation as Vitiate.

The Hero of Tython, Tol Braga, Kira Carsen, Leeha Narezz and Warren Sedoru. The Strike team is stated to be comprised of the "strongest" "most powerful and most resolute" Jedi in the Order. Vitiate easily curbstomped them with lightning, holding them in place with a lightning storm and then blasting them with a focused burst.

You're right, it isn't in his standard capabilities. Because he was weakened when the performed that feat and the whole point was merely regaining his true power.

You're assuming that it was a ritual. It wasn't actually said to be one in any way.

darthbane77

I don't give a sh!t about his Valkorian feats. He's far more powerful in that form. We're talking about his incarnation as Vitiate. Another feat, his destroyed all of the members of the Dark Council, save for 1; whom he chose to spare. If the Dark Council of that time was even close to as powerful as Nyriss then he easily destroyed 9 possibly Nyriss equivalent opponents. The strike team consisted of Tol Braga, the HoT, Warden Sedoru and Leeha Narezz; all some of the most powerful Jedi in the order; Vitiate curbed them. The ritual isn't combat applicable, but it's testament to his power that he could have succeeded in draining the entire galaxy; even with some help. His feat on Ziost is still incredibly impressive, he fed on the darkness there just enough so he could drain the planet; and when he finally did drain the planet he did it alone, no ritual, just drained it.

UCanShootMyNova
So essentially he froze HoT and 4 no name Jedi in place. Yeah, not on Sidious or Yoda's level tbh.

Feeding on the population was within his capabilities. Draining the planet was not. We have no idea how much power he gained from what he did on Ziost either in the initial feeding or the complete drain.

Except it was by DB. You can hardly accuse me of assuming/misinterpreting when that's exactly what he said. -__-

being powerful enough to perform a ritual that would have wiped out all life in the galaxy

Now explain this galaxy busting feat to me please.

UCanShootMyNova
Another feat, his destroyed all of the members of the Dark Council, save for 1; whom he chose to spare. If the Dark Council of that time was even close to as powerful as Nyriss then he easily destroyed 9 possibly Nyriss equivalent opponents. The strike team consisted of Tol Braga, the HoT, Warden Sedoru and Leeha Narezz; all some of the most powerful Jedi in the order; Vitiate curbed them. The ritual isn't combat applicable, but it's testament to his power that he could have succeeded in draining the entire galaxy; even with some help. His feat on Ziost is still incredibly impressive, he fed on the darkness there just enough so he could drain the planet; and when he finally did drain the planet he did it alone, no ritual, just drained it.

On Dromund Kaas nexus. You were telling me about his off nexus feats. smile

Nyriss was one of the most powerful on the Council in her time. And no, if the Councils of the past had been close to Nyriss that would not make them her equals or the feat equivalent to what you're suggesting.

Already heard the spiel from Neph and addressed it.

Some help from who? I feel like both you and Neph are leaving out some important details. :P

How do you know he fed on it JUST ENOUGH to accomplish his drain of the planet? How do you know how much draining the planet empowered him?

darthbane77
So essentially he froze HoT and 4 no name Jedi in place. Yeah, not on Sidious or Yoda's level tbh.

Feeding on the population was within his capabilities. Draining the planet was not. We have no idea how much power he gained from what he did on Ziost either in the initial feeding or the complete drain.

Except it was by DB. You can hardly accuse me of assuming/misinterpreting when that's exactly what he said. -__-

Now explain this galaxy busting feat to me please. Vitiate's entire goal in the Jedi Knight story was to wipe out all life in the galaxy via the same ritual he used on Nathema, but on a much larger scale. The reason the HoT was able to defeat Vitiate was because Vitiate had expended most of his power by pouring it into the completion of the ritual.

Nephthys

Now explain this galaxy busting feat to me please.

Lol, so you have no clue what we're talking about, huh? As I said, he followed it up with knocking them all out with a blast of lightning. And I dislike repeating myself, but these were not no-name Jedi. Tol Braga was Dark Council level and the others are stated to be the strongest Jedi alive. That said, I actually doubt Yoda and Sidious could curbstomp 4-5 of the most powerful Jedi in the galaxy at once. Obviously Marek could tho!!!

Yes....... because he was immensely weakened by the HoT killing him. Ziost's aim was to restore him to his full power.

Ah, I misunderstood. I thought you were still talking about Ziost.

He was going to drain all life in the galaxy just like he did Nathema. By feeding on the mass deaths caused in the Galactic War, he'd fuel a ritual with the power to extinquish all life in the galaxy.

UCanShootMyNova
Zzzz...

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by Nephthys
Lol, so you have no clue what we're talking about, huh? As I said, he followed it up with knocking them all out with a blast of lightning. And I dislike repeating myself, but these were not no-name Jedi. Tol Braga was Dark Council level and the others are stated to be the strongest Jedi alive. That said, I actually doubt Yoda and Sidious could curbstomp 4-5 of the most powerful Jedi in the galaxy at once. Obviously Marek could tho!!!

Yes....... because he was immensely weakened by the HoT killing him. Ziost's aim was to restore him to his full power.

Ah, I misunderstood. I thought you were still talking about Ziost.

He was going to drain all life in the galaxy just like he did Nathema. By feeding on the mass deaths caused in the Galactic War, he'd fuel a ritual with the power to extinquish all life in the galaxy.

They're no name/featless Jedi. They have an accolade a lot worse then one Plo Koon possesses about being one of the greatest OF ALL TIME. So no I'm sorry, I don't place characters all that highly according to accolades. I don't care about what you doubt. I care about the characters we're discussing and their comparative feats.

Which it likely did. But do we know how much power he gained from doing so? Is there a statement by the game developers? If not then the amount of power he gained is your assumption.

No problem.

Ah, not his own power then.

darthbane77
Zzzz... The same as was required for his ritual on Nathema, he bound the wills of his subjects to him and forced them to pool their collective power to feed him. The result was going to be a build-up of enough power that Vitiate would have been able to drain all life from the galaxy. He received help from his subjects, but it was minimal in comparison to the first time he performed it.

UCanShootMyNova
The same as was required for his ritual on Nathema, he bound the wills of his subjects to him and forced them to pool their collective power to feed him. The result was going to be a build-up of enough power that Vitiate would have been able to drain all life from the galaxy. He received help from his subjects, but it was minimal in comparison to the first time he performed it.

According to Neph you're wrong. Take it up with him. As much disdain as I have for him I take his statements on SWTOR stuff over yours.

darthbane77
According to Neph you're wrong. Take it up with him. As much disdain as I have for him I take his statements on SWTOR stuff over yours. I got the "how" of his power build up wrong, but the end goal of the ritual was going to be the same; galactic annihilation.

UCanShootMyNova
Not based off his own power meaning

http://memesvault.com/wp-content/uploads/i-dont-give-a-shit-1.jpg

darthbane77
How is it not based on his own power, using his own power he fed on the deaths of those who fought in the war and was going to perform his ritual. Doing these things would have been by his own power.

Nephthys
They're no name/featless Jedi. They have an accolade a lot worse then one Plo Koon possesses about being one of the greatest OF ALL TIME. So no I'm sorry, I don't place characters all that highly according to accolades. I don't care about what you doubt. I care about the characters we're discussing and their comparative feats.

Which it likely did. But do we know how much power he gained from doing so? Is there a statement by the game developers? If not then the amount of power he gained is your assumption.

No problem.

Ah, not his own power then.

Maybe you should actually stick to shit where you know the slightest bit of what you're talking about. They were not no-names or featless. And Koon's accolade is strictly worse than the TOR Strike teams. And neither do I give the slightest shit about your opinions, since they are universally terrible. I'm simply informing you of the facts due to your complete ignorance. Be grateful.

I've no clue what you're raving about. If Vitiate had gained enough power to be at full strength and regain his form just via possessing Ziost and feeding on them then he wouldn't need to have wiped out the planet to do so.

If you like. I rather think be capable of wiping out the galaxy is impressive regardless of needing a few billion deaths as collateral. And for the record he is shown achieving this feat in a vision at a later point without any genocidal requirements.

Beniboybling
Lol @ Neph suggesting Yoda and Sidious wouldn't trash that strike team. smile

UCanShootMyNova
How is it not based on his own power, using his own power he fed on the deaths of those who fought in the war and was going to perform his ritual. Doing these things would have been by his own power.

The power to wipe out the galaxy is based on using the energy of the combined life force of all the deaths caused in the Galactic Civil War. He cannot bring about such an event purely under his own power.

Nephthys
No shit. If he could wipe out the galaxy on his own Vitiate vs Sidious wouldn't remotely be a discussion. That he is capable is, however, an indication of his ability. Not that I'd use it in a forum debate, myself.

DarthAnt66
the Galactic Civil War.
mmm

darthbane77
The feat is impressive nonetheless, as he needed to concentrate all that power for use in the first place.

darthbane77
mmm Do you have any input Ant?

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by Nephthys
Maybe you should actually stick to shit where you know the slightest bit of what you're talking about. They were not no-names or featless. And Koon's accolade is strictly worse than the TOR Strike teams. And neither do I give the slightest shit about your opinions, since they are universally terrible. I'm simply informing you of the facts due to your complete ignorance. Be grateful.

I've no clue what you're raving about. If Vitiate had gained enough power to be at full strength and regain his form just via possessing Ziost and feeding on them then he wouldn't need to have wiped out the planet to do so.

If you like. I rather think be capable of wiping out the galaxy is impressive regardless of needing a few billion deaths as collateral. And for the record he is shown achieving this feat in a vision at a later point without any genocidal requirements.

Then tell me some of these 3 Jedi's ( aside from HoT and Tol Braga ) feats. smile Tell me what makes them so powerful outside of your accolade.

Maybe he simply wanted to be even more powerful then before? Nah, that couldn't possibly have been a motive for a power hungry being to drain the planet.

Given we have no idea how much power is generated from a single death and have no viable way of measuring the energy drawing on billions of deaths is capable of generating you can be impressed with his attempted ritual as much as you like. It doesn't make it in any way quantifiable. What vision are you referring to?

UCanShootMyNova
Btw are you trying to argue that Vitiate can be scaled off of a vision? :/

DarthAnt66
Do you have any input Ant?
Vitiate defeats Talzin.

UCanShootMyNova
The feat is impressive nonetheless, as he needed to concentrate all that power for use in the first place.

Given we're trying to quantify his power off the feats in question we can't very well assess his power off of that.

I.E. You can't assess someone's power off of a feat they attempted to accomplish using all of their power when you don't know what their power is beforehand.

UCanShootMyNova
Do you have any input Ant?

He's already stated he disagrees with you. Move on.

DarthAnt66
He's already stated he disagrees with you. Move on.
On what?

UCanShootMyNova
That Revan is more powerful then Sidious.

DarthAnt66
What incarnation of Palpatine?

darthbane77
What incarnation of Palpatine? I stated my opinion that Revan is potentially more powerful than TPM Sidious.

darthbane77
He's already stated he disagrees with you. Move on. I was referring to the context of the current debate about how powerful Vitiate is.

UCanShootMyNova
I stated my opinion that Revan is potentially more powerful than TPM Sidious.

Your unsubstantiated opinion.

Also you said he IS more powerful and that he was approaching RotS Sidious and Yoda in power.

darthbane77
I said he's between TPM and ROTS Sidious

UCanShootMyNova
You said he's comparable to RotS Sidious.

darthbane77
Comparable isn't equal. His feats as of SoR are extremely impressive, fighting two separate strike teams and fighting them incredibly well; both strike teams being more impressive that the B-team that Sidious blitzed.

UCanShootMyNova
You're right, comparable isn't equal. Now point out to me where I said that. Because if I recall correctly, this is what I said.

and that he was approaching RotS Sidious and Yoda

I would argue that Mace and the B team are better then Revan's strike team tbh.

darthbane77
You didn't say comparable was equal, I was just making sure you knew that I didn't think they were. The B-tam vs Revan's strike teams would be an interesting topic now that I think about it.

UCanShootMyNova
You didn't say comparable was equal, I was just making sure you knew that I didn't think they were.

The B-team vs Revan's strike teams would be an interesting topic now that I think about it.

But I in the post 2 above us I say that you say they're comparable not equal. I just don't understand why you thought I would think that.

Yeah.

SunRazer
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
I don't recall entire planet to be considered as a nexus of Dark Side energy! It wasn't.

Revan could draw from the Dark Side! He was not hindered by it. Lord Scourge wasn't hindered by it either by virtue of being a Sith. Only Meetra Surik would be somewhat hindered.

Really?

Not to mention the trio fought Vitiate inside his Citadel, the dark side energies of which Scourge explicitly noted he drew upon even at a considerable distance:

Trocity
Well now, how could Legend miss a small detail like that? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Beniboybling
laughing out loud

The Ellimist
Give Vitiate the DK nexus amp and there might be a fight. He'd still lose though.

MS Warehouse
Rofl. So now Vitiate needs a nexus to beat Talzin and even THEN he may lose? This type of pseudo logic was sorely missed the past 30-60 days.

Petrus
Does your desperate need to come back to this forum influence your life that much?

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Petrus
Does your desperate need to come back to this forum influence your life that much? roasted

carthage
Did u have more friends than DMB?

cs_zoltan
Pre or post Bane?

Petrus
Most impressive of those is dad of fodder midgets tbh.

MS Warehouse
Originally posted by Petrus
Does your desperate need to come back to this forum influence your life that much?

thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.