Darth Vader vs. Darth Nox and Emperor's Wrath II

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Ellimist
Going off of SW_Legend's claim that Nox could take Yoda for a majority, I wonder if anyone has the less radical opinion that these two could defeat Vader.

1. Force
2. Sabers
3. All-out

darthbane77
How the hell can Nox take Yoda? And people say some of my opinions are cancer, lol.

Anyway, Vader should wins this; with difficulty though.

Nephthys
The team should win in all.

Vixas
Though I do give the protags SOME credit, Legend is fallacious in thinking Nox can defeat Yoda 10/10.

In any case, I do agree the duo take this for a moderate majority.

Nephthys
Legend has some truly delusional idea's sometimes.

Petrus
The duo in all, probably.

I agree Yoda defeats Nox 10/10 in any form of combat, but how exactly is Nox supposed to die?

cs_zoltan
Originally posted by Petrus
how exactly is Nox supposed to die?

lmao

Vixas
Don't mind Zoltan, Petrus.

Generally it's thought one would have to exorcise the spirits from them first. Though it's a point of contention and debate in and of itself.

Petrus
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
lmao

What? The bound spirits keep him alive. confused

cs_zoltan
What? The bound spirits keep him alive.

If she's really immortal why didn't she just solo everything? Why was she dying from hybernation sickness, why was she dying from a stab from Vaylin? Etc etc.

Nephthys
You could toss him into the sun.

Vixas is right though.

If she's really immortal why didn't she just solo everything? Why was she dying from hybernation sickness, why was she dying from a stab from Vaylin? Etc etc.

She can die, she just resurrects.

Also Bioware obviously just failed to account for that factor in KotFE.

Petrus
Yeah, Nox can't be killed by conventional means. He can be defeated. They're two different things.

Vixas
To be honest Zoltan, you have fallen FAR if you're banking on Bioware's shit storytelling as an argument.

cs_zoltan
Or I'm just not cherry picking information. Nox being legit immortal is cancer.

Petrus
He's not exactly immortal. Unbind his spirits and he's gone. Weaken his spirits and he can die. Etc. He can't die by conventional means, that's it.

It's pretty obvious KotFE screwed up, and this isn't cherry-picking. It's just logical and it's what makes sense.

Nephthys
Nox can extend her lifespan too, lol. She's ironically more unkillable than Vitiate was. Theoretically.

Vixas
Or I'm just not cherry picking information. Nox being legit immortal is cancer.

Considering I, just a little bit up the thread mentioned the main way to KILL Nox permanently. You're right. But the fact you have to restate that to save yourself is still pretty bad.

cs_zoltan
Originally posted by Vixas
Considering I, just a little bit up the thread mentioned the main way to KILL Nox permanently. You're right. But the fact you have to restate that to save yourself is still pretty bad.

Resort to what? Everyone around here is lmao-ing on cancer. If you don't like it you can leave.

Zenwolf
Or....KoTE is really about the Jedi Knight...ya know. I thought this was a general consensus?

cs_zoltan
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Or....KoTE is really about the Jedi Knight...ya know. I thought this was a general consensus?

Give me a statement from one of the devs and I might consider it. Afaik they said there will be no canon class.

Zenwolf
Give me a statement from one of the devs and I might consider it. Afaik they said there will be no canon class.

/Shrug

Given the storyline of the JK, the trailers only showing the Jedi Knight, among other things. I thought people had come to the consensus, the storyline only made sense from the JK perspective. Or at least that's what I recall everyone going for a couple of months back.

Tondemonai
Originally posted by Nephthys
The team should win in all.

Petrus
In KMC it's generally accepted that the Knight is the canon storyline. It's also the one that makes most sense. You know, it's kinda far-fetched to think the Void, the Trooper, the Agent or the Champ can take on Arcann, etc. and beat them. And out of the Force-users it's clear the Knight is the logical choice. For BioWare, too, as depicted in the trailers.

cs_zoltan
KMC isn't a canon authority tho.

Petrus
F'course we are. Haven't you heard?

Either way,

cs_zoltan
JK doesn't make any more sense than the Wrath or Nox only because he fought Vitiate.

cs_zoltan
Kotfe has exclusive dialog for every class so your personal opinion on what is canon and what isn't is irrelevant.

Nephthys
The JK is supposed to be the one fighting the Emperor, they're prophesied to end him and makes the most sense as the one going after him at the start of KotFE.

Petrus
Plus, the Knight is the one depicted on the trailers.

It's not just opinion, it's logical.

cs_zoltan
What's logical is that they not gona make 8 trailers erm

JK still not canon.

ares834
The fact that both the JK/SW are the only classes to actually interact with Vitiate in any meaningful way prior to KotFE makes them by far the most compelling choice. The JC and SI also fit, but not nearly to the same extent.

UCanShootMyNova
Team.
Vader.
Not sure.

Petrus
What's logical is that they not gona make 8 trailers erm

JK still not canon.

...And so they choose the one that makes more sense, storywise. smile

cs_zoltan
That doesn't make it canon when they explicitly said they won't do that. God...

UCanShootMyNova
Having a weird moment of agreement with Zoltan...

Petrus
We can't assume every class is the canon choice in KotFE, regardless of what they explicitly said they won't do, so we have to take the most logical one. Jesus.

The point is, KotFE doesn't make sense in regards to what we know of Nox's spirits, because he's never shown using their power, something he would obviously do when he's in danger of losing a battle or his life energies, or simply to overpower a tough opponent.

cs_zoltan
We can't assume every class is the canon choice in KotFE, regardless of what they explicitly said they won't do, so we have to take the most logical one. Jesus.

So you say you have more authorty on the issue than the devs themselves? Wow someone is full of himself.

UCanShootMyNova
thumb up

Petrus
So you say you have more authorty on the issue than the devs themselves? Wow someone is full of himself.

So you're saying all 8 classes are to be considered canon or equally valid? Agent? Trooper...?

Also, good job ignoring the last part of my post.

UCanShootMyNova
If we accept that the Agent took out Jadus why would we have such a problem excepting he could do the same to Arcann with a buff from Valkorian?

Petrus
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
If we accept that the Agent took out Jadus why would we have such a problem excepting he could do the same to Arcann with a buff from Valkorian?

Because he didn't really take out Jadus? It was circumstantial; on a clean 1v1 we all know Jadus would wipe the floor with Cipher. And it would be ludicrous to assume a non-sensitive would be able to do everything the protag does in KotFE and consider their version canon.

UCanShootMyNova
What were the circumstances?

Petrus
The plan was always to trap him in order to control him, because they knew he couldn't be defeated in a straight up fight. You think the Agent would be able to take 1v1 a Sith who's power is 'second only to the Emperor'?

Without the cool tricks at his disposal , Cipher wouldn't have survived the encounter.

But that's not what's being discussed here. Answer honestly: you truly think the Void/Trooper/Cipher/Champ are suitable protags for KotFE? Or that they make a little bit of sense?

The fact that the devs stated they wouldn't canonize a character for KotFE doesn't mean all the 8 classes make sense or fit accurately in the story. There are obvious loopholes, like the one I previously mentioned for Nox. Besides, why would they choose to make the JK the protag of the trailer, out of all 8?

UCanShootMyNova
What were his cool tricks? I need to know the specific circumstances

It's not my job to assess what makes sense. It's my job to warp my perception based on what is presented/stated by the game makers.

Nephthys
They trapped him in a forcefield.

JKBart
Lmfao wtf?

Wrath is a better duelist than Vader, there's no question about it. It's so damned obvious I won't be going as low as to try to argue something such obvious.

The same goes for Nox's superiority as Force wielder.

Vader can beat Wrath in Force only, or Nox in sabers only, but there's no way he can win 1/10 against two at once.

I know Ellimist must have done that as a troll thread, but... so many people really falling for that bait?

Petrus
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
What were his cool tricks? I need to know the specific circumstances

It's not my job to assess what makes sense. It's my job to warp my perception based on what is presented/stated by the game makers.

He hacked the computers in the bridge to trap Jadus under a powerful force-field. That's how he's defeated.

Okay, what's presented by the game makers is the JK as the protag in the KotFE trailer. And it doesn't make sense to assume all 8 classes are canon. So what's the conclusion?

UCanShootMyNova
Why didn't he just teleport out?

Zoltan says that the game makers have not officially canonized a certain path so until they make a statement on the matter they're all equally valid.

Petrus
The makers have outright stated they're all equally valid? Or is that Zoltan's assumption?

Beniboybling
So if the Outlander is the Jedi Knight then Nox must be... dead? So much for immortality. smile

UCanShootMyNova
I'm trusting that Zoltan isn't making up sources like AP.

Beniboybling
It has been stated by the devs that no one class is "canon", however that was before KotFE.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Beniboybling
So if the Outlander is the Jedi Knight then Nox must be... dead? So much for immortality. smile

I don't believe it's confirmed the other classes are dead in KotFE.

If it were that would be an appalling slap in the face imo.

Beniboybling
If the Outlander is the galaxy's last hope/only one who can defeat the Emperor, they must be, too bad.

Nephthys
That isn't remotely true.

Beniboybling
Dry those tears, they were never getting endings anyway.

On topic I reckon Vader can takes sabers and all-out with great difficulty.

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by Beniboybling
It has been stated by the devs that no one class is "canon", however that was before KotFE.

If they've made no other contradicting statements then I see no reason to disregard their prior statements.

Beniboybling
Quite, and let's be honest if the devs were asked of course they wouldn't say the JK story is canon, invalidating the other paths.

Fact is KotFE is an all encompassing story that just so happens to fit the JK best, nothing more.

UCanShootMyNova
Well they wouldn't say it's canon more likely so that fans of particular paths wouldn't be alienated and they could still bring in dat paper.

Regardless of their reasons though we have to accept their stances.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.