Characters that can beat Nihilus ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ziggystardust
Rules:

Full power Nihilus after eating Katarr - fighting on the waste barren Katarr

UCanShootMyNova
Vitiate, Sidious, Valkorian.

DarthAnt66
The ancient Sith Lords and above.

darthbane77
Vitiate, Valkorion and Sidious. Not sure about the ancient Sith. Possibly Revan because of his familiarity with Nihilus' version of drain thanks to Malachor V.

Ziggystardust
Originally posted by darthbane77
Vitiate, Valkorion and Sidious. Not sure about the ancient Sith. Possibly Revan because of his familiarity with Nihilus' version of drain thanks to Malachor V.

Explain the logic here?

darthbane77
Let me try to explain as best I can, Ant explained this to me a while back and I still don't 100% understand. Actually, I'll just show his explanation. One sec, while I find the conversation.

darthbane77

UCanShootMyNova
This should be good. smile

darthbane77
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
This should be good. smile At least this time it's not my own words. I just shared what Ant told me in PM on CV.

UCanShootMyNova
I know. I'm starting to realize why you think the way you do. Ant warped your mind as he himself was figuring out his stances on Revan. The backlash broke and twisted you.

I'm so sorry.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by darthbane77
At least this time it's not my own words. I just shared what Ant told me in PM on CV.
In short, between resisting Malachor's corruptive energies and the Star Forge's drain, Revan should be capable of handling Darth Nihilus' drain.

UCanShootMyNova
thumb up

darthbane77
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
I know. I'm starting to realize why you think the way you do. Ant warped your mind as he himself was figuring out his stances on Revan. The backlash broke and twisted you.

I'm so sorry. Lol, it's OK.

Nephthys
Valkorion is the only one imo short of the One's.

DarthAnt66
Not Palpatine, Neph?

Nephthys
Why Palpatine?

UCanShootMyNova
Lol.

chingchangwalla
Most Ancients, Sheev, Valk, Plagueis?

The Ellimist
Entities, Luke, Yoda, Windu, Kyp, Galen, Palpatine, Plagueis, Valkorion/Vitiate, Caedus, Krayt, Vader, Exar Kun...

DarthAnt66
Revan?

Nephthys
Malak?

chingchangwalla
I actually think so... ^
Just wait for the roasting

The Ellimist
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Revan?

Oh yeah, tentatively.

I have no idea why the early answers were so exclusive.

DarthAnt66
Do you think Marek could replicate Revan's feat of disintegrating Nyriss?

chingchangwalla
no

The Ellimist
Honestly, yeah. I mean, Nyriss is impressive only because she could disintegrate some Force users on a nexus with a charged attack. I think it's fair to say that Galen is above that.

Also unless if you think Vitiate >>>>>>> Sidious, powerscaling seems to make that clear.

Note: Revan didn't just flick his finger and kill Nyriss; he redirected a very powered up attack she made herself. It's impressive but calling it a one-shot is kind of unreasonable.

DarthAnt66
Above neutral grounds Nyriss, sure. But that's not who Revan tackled. Revan went up against twenty-second charged, Kaas nexus Nyriss. mmm

Originally posted by The Ellimist
Note: Revan didn't just flick his finger and kill Nyriss; he redirected a very powered up attack she made herself. It's impressive but calling it a one-shot is kind of unreasonable.
Eh, not necessarily. The way I see it, Darth Nyriss was channeling her energies for *twenty seconds*. Said energy was potent enough to disintegrate her or Scourge/Surik combined. Revan was capable of shitting out more energy than that in under a second, suggesting he could easily disintegrate her with his own power as well. I wrote a blog about it here: http://comicvine.gamespot.com/profile/darthant66/blog/revans-raw-power-overview/97193/.

Deronn_solo
Vader level and up.

SunRazer
The Star Forge's "Drain" has nothing to do with Malachor V's "Drain".

The Ellimist
Originally posted by DarthAnt66

Eh, not necessarily. The way I see it, Darth Nyriss was channeling her energies for *twenty seconds*. Said energy was potent enough to disintegrate her or Scourge/Surik combined. Revan was capable of shitting out more energy than that in under a second, suggesting he could easily disintegrate her with his own power as well. I wrote a blog about it here: http://comicvine.gamespot.com/profile/darthant66/blog/revans-raw-power-overview/97193/.

I'm not sure if blocking an attack is analogous to being able to produce it yourself. By that logic, Revan > nexus Vitiate, since he knocked his bolts back at him.

SunRazer
That's with a lightsaber. Not comparable to Tutaminis at all.

The Ellimist
There's still Starkiller advancing on Palpatine in that case. He could block Palpatine's lightning but couldn't injure him.

Also, Revan chose to use tutanimus instead of his lightsaber not only there, but also against Vitiate's charged attack. Was it actually the better option?

SunRazer
That's not a comparable example either. Starkiller barely contained Palpatine's Lightning - Revan bent Nyriss' back at her and destroyed her with it.

For the latter case, Revan's lightsaber got completely ignored at that point and it seems to be bad writing. That being said, he probably knew that it wouldn't work against Vitiate's charged-up Storm, so he decided to go for Force Absorption and suffer fourth-degree burns.

darthbane77
I don't think Revan would have used tutaminis if he thought there was another option. Vitiate's lightning might have been too powerful to block with his lightsaber. Of course that's speculation, but it's the only thing that makes sense.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.