Galen Marek vs Starkiller

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthAnt66
Generic thread. More interested in the poll than comments though.

SunRazer
It's fact that Starkiller gained Marek's combat abilities, and would've only improved over the course of the second game.

UCanShootMyNova
Galen easily outstrips his counterpart in their respective showings and given there is no quote that specifies Starkiller is equally powerful to his template and their relative performances against Vader I'm inclined to believe Galen takes it without too much trouble.

SunRazer
Without much trouble? lol wut?

Also, how does Galen easily outstrip the frigate feat by virtue of his own showings?

Deronn_solo
Starkiller, obviously.

MythLord
Starkiller is meant to be Galen, just ahead by a notable margin.

S_W_LeGenD
I believe that Galen Marek was stronger

NewGuy01
Same shit, different game.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by SunRazer
It's fact that Starkiller gained Marek's combat abilities, and would've only improved over the course of the second game. thumb up

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by SunRazer
Without much trouble? lol wut?

Also, how does Galen easily outstrip the frigate feat by virtue of his own showings?

His ability to challenge Sidious and beat Vader decisively.

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by MythLord
Starkiller is meant to be Galen, just ahead by a notable margin.

Quote?

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by Beniboybling
thumb up

The clone inherited Galen's potential as well. Given their respective showings it's highly doubtful he ever achieved the same or a greater amount then his template.

Zenwolf
Eh according to the Distant Thunder cutscenes, it's noted that the Clone is far more powerful.

UCanShootMyNova
What are you referring to?

Zenwolf
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
What are you referring to?

https://youtu.be/9tRC-4qoJIQ?t=137

That.

UCanShootMyNova
According to Witwer Vader was gaming Starkiller around this whole time. Given there's no evidence for Starkiller being Galen's equal much less superior I can only imagine this was yet another example of Vader attempting to manipulate him.

Zenwolf
Well that video was more about the Dark Apprentice than Starkiller. But I mean...just pointing it out.

cs_zoltan
Given there's no evidence for Starkiller being Galen's equal much less superior.

Lmao.

Galen Marek's clones possess their genetic host's fighting skills, including incredible abilities with the Force.
-- The Ultimate Visual Guide: Updated And Expanded

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
Lmao.

Galen Marek's clones possess their genetic host's fighting skills, including incredible abilities with the Force.
-- The Ultimate Visual Guide: Updated And Expanded

Galen Marek's cloneS

You seriously trying to claim that all those clones Starkiller defeated were equals of Galen? :P

Also the quote itself says nothing about his clones possessing his power. Only his fighting skills and their own incredibly abilities in the Force.

This is supported in the text where it states that the clones Starkiller fought specialized in different areas.

cs_zoltan
Your denial is adorable.

UCanShootMyNova
Your willful ignorance of the text is not.

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Well that video was more about the Dark Apprentice than Starkiller. But I mean...just pointing it out.

Why would you bring up a scene in regards to the Dark Apprentice when we're discussing how Starkiller and Galen compare?

Trocity
Starkiller.

Zenwolf
Why would you bring up a scene in regards to the Dark Apprentice when we're discussing how Starkiller and Galen compare?

Because the Dark Apprentice is pretty much Starkiller, the only difference is that the former got rid of all his emotional attachments. So their power shouldn't be all that different. Thus > Galen.

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Because the Dark Apprentice is pretty much Starkiller, the only difference is that the former got rid of all his emotional attachments. So their power shouldn't be all that different. Thus > Galen.

As we know Vader has often handed out misleading statements or outright lies to Galen and his various clones. Confirmation of their ability is required. Also who's to say that the DA having gotten rid of attachment and devoted himself fully to Vader's teachings wouldn't be more powerful then a counterpart plagued by memories of the past.

Zenwolf
As we know Vader has often handed out misleading statements or outright lies to Galen and his various clones. Confirmation of their ability is required. Also who's to say that the DA having gotten rid of attachment and devoted himself fully to Vader's teachings wouldn't be more powerful then a counterpart plagued by memories of the past.

I was thinking that, but then Vader showed Galen's body, so I wasn't thinking that the DA would be > To Killer, only to > Original and = to Killer.

But then I could also get behind the former.

UCanShootMyNova
I can respect your position though.

DarthAnt66
Damn, this poll is brutal.

cs_zoltan
The 2 votes for Galen are probably Syn and his old account.

UCanShootMyNova
What's brutal is the way Zoltan embarrassed himself on the last page.

DarthAnt66
mmm Not seeing the embarrassment.

Beniboybling
As we know Vader has often handed out misleading statements or outright lies to Galen and his various clones. Confirmation of their ability is required. Also who's to say that the DA having gotten rid of attachment and devoted himself fully to Vader's teachings wouldn't be more powerful then a counterpart plagued by memories of the past. He never handed out false praise though.

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
mmm Not seeing the embarrassment.

The fact that he outright ignored the text substantiating it for his own opinion?

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by Beniboybling
He never handed out false praise though.

Not to Galen but he certainly did with Starkiller as he notes in their fight at the end of the novel ( TFU II ) and he would not hesitate to do so if he thought it would solidify the loyalty of the DA.

cs_zoltan
The fact that he outright ignored the text substantiating it for his own opinion?

Lmao, I could build a Death Star from this much iron E.

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
Lmao, I could build a Death Star from this much iron E.

I'm sure you could bb. wink Get back to me when you do so.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Syndicate
We know that Starkiller himself possesses all the skill and power of the original Galen Marek which would place the capabilities of some of these clones above the feats of both Starkiller and Galen.

"Galen Marek's clones possess their genetic host's fighting skills, including incredible abilities with the Force." - The Ultimate Visual Guide: Updated And Expanded.

mmm

UCanShootMyNova
So do you want me to start quoting statements you've made that you no longer back? smile

I talked to Emperor and he pointed out something I hadn't noticed before thus changing my stance. It happens all the time.

DarthAnt66
Sure, we can all have a laugh. thumb up

It's funny because the blog was written a month ago, but now you're being hostile to anyone who still has that stance.

cs_zoltan
mmm

https://media0.giphy.com/media/zkOhD0P6TBbzi/200.gif

UCanShootMyNova
Sure, we can all have a laugh. thumb up

It's funny because the blog was written a month ago, but now you're being hostile to anyone who still has that stance.

Being hostile?

cs_zoltan
Quote or kys.

Nm, you gona get banned anyway before you could post it.

DarthAnt66
I don't recall that source ever existing. mmm

At least not with Legends characters involved.

ares834
Post a pic of the page. smile

DarthAnt66
mmm

Well I checked Vader and Palpatine's entries and found nothing.

UCanShootMyNova
I emailed the author Ant. smile They confirmed it.

DarthAnt66
Nice. Quote?

UCanShootMyNova
Dude. You don't take my word that the author TOLD me after I contacted them?

http://24.media.tumblr.com/c5f55568eb37e5aabedd0384536845ef/tumblr_mia6v7LNAp1s54z0co1_400.gif

smile

DarthAnt66
laughing out loud

I'm always willing to provide scans for my conversations.

Show what you got. Or if you're lying, then explain to me why anyone should take you seriously anymore after blatantly attempting to share false information.

Well, of course you're lying, but this is fun.

UCanShootMyNova
Damn Ant.

https://media.giphy.com/media/rngE31q0PTHbO/giphy.gif

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/facebook/000/126/055/lied.gif

It's pretty clear that I was being completely serious and not attempting... what's the word? A joke? Nah. That couldn't be it.

https://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/55411668.jpg

smile

Beniboybling
I imagine Jack was also lying, but now we'll never know. Shame.

UCanShootMyNova
Was he an kilt?

Beniboybling
yes

UCanShootMyNova
:'(

Beniboybling
yIlyqh5-gvU

UCanShootMyNova
http://i.makeagif.com/media/4-19-2014/MKxaQT.gif

Emperordmb
Good riddance. Hopefully someone throws him in jail before he ****s a child or a dog or something.

Beniboybling
laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.