Vitiate's feats off a nexus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Ellimist
What has Vitiate/Valk done without a nexus, prep, ritual or some other additional factor?

Zenwolf
Eh....didn't he kill his parents and some Sith?

cs_zoltan
His Kotfe lighting feat against Arcann is the only non-nexus feat I recall.

DK is a nexus, Zakuul is a nexus, Odessen is a nexus.

Zenwolf
Huh...didn't realize how many nexus places are in SWTOR...I feel like that kinda diminishes what they are tbh. There's also that planet the DMs took over.

cs_zoltan
There are a lot of nexuses all over in Legends.

Zenwolf
Yeah all over, but I don't recall a game where there was like 4 different nexus' like TOR has.

cs_zoltan
TOR has 6, but then JK:JA has at least 4 from the top of my head.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
TOR has 6, but then JK:JA has at least 4 from the top of my head.

JK: JA had 4?...I only recall Korriban, Vjun and Yavin. What was the 4th?

But 6? That's worse..

cs_zoltan
Byss.

However TOR is a bigger game than JK. But I agree, too many nexuses, but that's not only TOR's fault.

MS Warehouse
Didn't he make DK a nexus with his rituals? I'm pretty sure if Zakuul was a nexus, he made it that way. I don't recall Odessen being a nexus. Was Ziost?

SunRazer
His feats as a child, although a world heavily populated by Sith could reasonably be a nexus too.

Other than that, his feat against Arcann, as mentioned above.

Sinious
His space station feat

The Ellimist
Bump

S_W_LeGenD
Following:

1. His exploits on Medriaas during his childhood
2. Transforming Dromund Kaas into a nexus at some point after migration
3. Defeating a Jedi Strike Team in a Space Station
4. One-shotting Darth Marr
5. Wiping out a large Strike Team of Knights of Zakuul and droids in a region known as Endless Swamp
6. Defeating Arcann in Asylum, downing many Starships in the process

DarthAnt66
He one-shot Arcann off a nexus, too.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by MS Warehouse
Didn't he make DK a nexus with his rituals? I'm pretty sure if Zakuul was a nexus, he made it that way. I don't recall Odessen being a nexus. Was Ziost?
He went there because it was a nexus, Odessen is a nexus which is how they found it in the first place, and Ziost is a nexus. Odessen and Zakuul however, are supposed to be in perfect balance, so it's not like he has an advantage over other Force Users.

carthage
Blasting Marr like a *****

cs_zoltan
Poor Legend doesn't know Zakuul is a nexus. Anyone wants to tell him the bad news?

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
Poor Legend doesn't know Zakuul is a nexus. Anyone wants to tell him the bad news?
Here is bad news for you:

http://swtorista.com/articles/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/zakuul-valkorion-throne.jpg

Valkorion's throne is in space, outside Zakuul's environment. thumb up

MS Warehouse
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Here is bad news for you:

http://swtorista.com/articles/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/zakuul-valkorion-throne.jpg

Valkorion's throne is in space, outside Zakuul's environment. thumb up

Wow, one of the few times I've seen Legend actually...Win.. Bravo Legend, you get a cookie.

SunRazer
Meetra was shivering from the dark side energies of Dromund Kaas whilst in its skies, and Scourge was sickened by the lack of Force-sensitivity on Nathema even when he was in proximate space. The area above a planet would also be affected by the nexus.

I recall people in TOR talking about the dark side nexus of either Oricon or Yavin IV in space as well.

cs_zoltan
Originally posted by SunRazer
Meetra was shivering from the dark side energies of Dromund Kaas whilst in its skies, and Scourge was sickened by the lack of Force-sensitivity on Nathema even when he was in proximate space. The area above a planet would also be affected by the nexus.

I recall people in TOR talking about the dark side nexus of either Oricon or Yavin IV in space as well.

There's also the fact that Revan could use Malachor V from orbit.

Poor Legend sad

MS Warehouse

Nathema wasn't a Nexus. It was devoid of the force. Furthermore, anyone that was in space before Ziost's ritual wasn't mind dominated and wasn't affected during Ziost's ritual. So no, I don't think the nexus extends into space. At that point you may as well use the "well the nexus is here too" at your leisure.

Wtf does this even mean? And how does that imply Malachor V's nexus includes into space.. It must be really early for you. Legend was right here and that's the first time I've stated that.

Nephthys
Revan had to drag the energies up into the battle, so obviously they actually didn't extend that far or that wouldn't be necessary.

People feeling shit from far away proves nothing, senses extend further than the energies themselves.

SunRazer
Nathema wasn't a Nexus. It was devoid of the force. Furthermore, anyone that was in space before Ziost's ritual wasn't mind dominated and wasn't affected during Ziost's ritual. So no, I don't think the nexus extends into space. At that point you may as well use the "well the nexus is here too" at your leisure.

Scourge couldn't draw on the Force despite only being in Nathema's orbit. It's clear that drawing on the Force is based on your surroundings, and drawing on the Force from a planet is entirely workable if you're in orbit around a planet. That's why Revan invoked Malachor V's DS nexus during the Mandalorian Wars, and why Surik was literally shivering from the DS energy of Dromund Kaas in its skies.

cs_zoltan
Originally posted by Nephthys
Revan had to drag the energies up into the battle, so obviously they actually didn't extend that far or that wouldn't be necessary.

More bullshit that never happened at 5pm.

MS Warehouse
Scourge couldn't draw on the Force despite only being in Nathema's orbit. It's clear that drawing on the Force is based on your surroundings, and drawing on the Force from a planet is entirely workable if you're in orbit around a planet. That's why Revan invoked Malachor V's DS nexus during the Mandalorian Wars, and why Surik was literally shivering from the DS energy of Dromund Kaas in its skies.

You're not understanding. Nathema wasn't a nexus. It wasn't even a wound. It was described as being "completely devoid of the force".

SunRazer
Which is why Scourge couldn't draw upon the Force in space. You draw upon the Force through your surroundings, lol. That's why DS nexuses empower dark siders and weaken light siders. If your surroundings are devoid of the Force, then you can't summon the Force. And those surroundings extended to space thumb up

MS Warehouse
Which is why Scourge couldn't draw upon the Force in space. You draw upon the Force through your surroundings, lol. That's why DS nexuses empower dark siders and weaken light siders. If your surroundings are devoid of the Force, then you can't summon the Force. And those surroundings extended to space thumb up

Yea no.. Because Scourge couldn't draw on it and neither could Revan. It didn't "empower" scourge. It's a completely different phenomenon than a nexus. You know what most of space does have though? The force thumb up

Nephthys
The Nathema thing isn't a nexus. If the Void extends into space them that is just because the ritual extended that far. It proves nothing. Meetra was shivering as she landed on Kaas, inside of orbit. So again, nothing. Revan had to pull the nexus up into orbit. Once again, nothing.

There's no argument here.

MS Warehouse
The Nathema thing isn't a nexus. If the Void extends into space them that is just because the ritual extended that far. It proves nothing. Meetra was shivering as she landed on Kaas, inside of orbit. So again, nothing. Revan had to pull the nexus up into orbit. Once again, nothing.

There's no argument here.

He's going to argue this to death and I haven't had my coffee.

The_Tempest

Nice finds. thumb up

SunRazer
By the way, Palpatine's death caused a nexus over Endor, so yeah, nexuses can exist in space.

That aside, Revan drew on the nexus of Malachor V whilst in proximate space. That's as final as it gets, lol.

The_Tempest
That aside, Revan drew on the nexus of Malachor V whilst in proximate space. That's as final as it gets, lol.

A better find still.

A shoutout to Ant for that one.

Contextually, it makes sense, given Valkoriate's predilection for nexuses. It seems that the pattern endures.

MS Warehouse
By the way, Palpatine's death caused a nexus over Endor, so yeah, nexuses can exist in space.

Remind me where it states Revan drew on the nexus of Malachor V? I'll wait.

Nephthys

Revan had to draw on the nexus to have it affect the battle. If the nexus already extended into space, he wouldn't need to do that since the corrupting power of the planet would already be working on the combatants.

MS Warehouse
Revan had to draw on the nexus to have it affect the battle. If the nexus already extended into space, he wouldn't need to do that since the corrupting power of the planet would already be working on the combatants.

An even better find thumb up

SunRazer
And:

Again, checkmate. thumb up

SunRazer

The fact that Revan could draw upon the nexus from Malachor's orbit only proves that it can be drawn upon in space. Valkorion, who's far more powerful, knowledgeable and masterful in the Force than Mandalorian Wars Revan, can't do that, now?

The_Tempest
/discussion

thumb up

MS Warehouse
Yet the sith/republic in space over Ziost were not affected by the nexus, nor Vitiate's rituals after

/discussion
thumb up

SunRazer
Yet the sith/republic in space over Ziost were not affected by the nexus, nor Vitiate's rituals after

/discussion
thumb up

What nexus? Weren't you just spending several posts trying to debunk Nathema, and now you're drawing upon an identical example? You can't have two bites of the cherry, lol.

Revan could draw upon the nexus, and that's it. Valkorion, who's infinitely more powerful and masterful in the ways of the Force than Revan, would obviously be able to do the same. Suggesting otherwise is cancer beyond cancer.

MS Warehouse
You really can't keep up with the discussion can you? There's nothing to debunk on Nathema, that's how bad your argument was. It wasn't a nexus. The argument here is that if a nexus extends into space, then those on the space station over ziost would have been affected before, during and after the ritual. They weren't. The end. Please try and keep up, otherwise you're just here for amusement at this point.

Nephthys
The fact that Revan could draw upon the nexus from Malachor's orbit only proves that it can be drawn upon in space. Valkorion, who's far more powerful, knowledgeable and masterful in the Force than Mandalorian Wars Revan, can't do that, now?

Revan had to go out of his way to do that, Valkorion attacked Marr at a moments notice. There'd be no time for him to draw the power up into space. Nor would it do anything since his target was Marr. It would be a useless thing to do.

The_Tempest

/discussion
thumb up

Affected... how?

thumb up

The_Tempest
Revan had to go out of his way to do that, Valkorion attacked Marr at a moments notice. There'd be no time for him to draw the power up into space. Nor would it do anything since his target was Marr. It would be a useless thing to do.

"Had to go out of his way" means what, in terms of time? And where is the evidence for this?

And given that Marr was beating the shit out of the Zakuul Knights for several critical seconds before Valkorion intervened, I'd say he had plenty of time.

MS Warehouse
There were no effects from Vitiate's takeover of all the bodies, there were no effects from the ritual.

SunRazer
You really can't keep up with the discussion can you?

I'm failing to keep up with the shit that's coming out of your mouth. It's coming out a lot faster than I can replace the buckets underneath thumb up

And post-ritual Ziost is different how?

Well, for one, they felt what happened on Ziost. Secondly, your lack of response to the Revan point constitutes a concession, no?

MS Warehouse
Ok so you can't keep up with the discussion, we understand laughing out loud

I notice you ignore the before and during part. Very convenient.

Nope, because you were given an example of a nexus that didn't extend into space, so I accept yours.

The_Tempest
There were no effects from Vitiate's takeover of all the bodies, there were no effects from the ritual.

Because Vitiate was preoccupied with the planet and not the forces in orbit?

Planet and nexus aren't synonymous or intended to be used interchangeably. It doesn't follow that what affects a planetary body must therefore affect everything around it.

The point is that the idea that someone can't draw on a nexus from space has been debunked. Which it has.

MS Warehouse
Originally posted by The_Tempest
Because Vitiate was preoccupied with the planet and not the forces in orbit?

Planet and nexus aren't synonymous or intended to be used interchangeably. It doesn't follow that what affects a planetary body must therefore affect everything around it.

The point is that the idea that someone can't draw on a nexus from space has been debunked. Which it has.

The actual point is whether or not a nexus extends into space. You've supposedly given an example of where it does, and I've given you an example of where it doesn't, so nothing has been debunked.

The_Tempest
I've given you an example of where it doesn't

You haven't, since nexus and planet don't mean the same thing. Vitiate ate the planet. That in no way means it has to necessarily affect things off the planet.

SunRazer
Ok so you can't keep up with the discussion, we understand laughing out loud

You can't even read basic sentences, so I'd watch the insults. You're about as bright as Ziost was after the ritual.

This isn't a hair treatment commercial. Just because they can draw on the Force below doesn't mean they die if the planet below does, lol.

So you have no response to the Revan point, which is the most pertinent one here, and you instead try to deflect to this to save face?

What's hilarious is that even if I concede to this, I still win because the relevant example here - the identical scenario - is the Revan one, which you have no counter for.

MS Warehouse
That's cute. Getting your ass kicks translates into you bitching and moaning insults that don't make any sense thumb up

As usual, that made no sense.

Sort of like you're continuing posting after getting your ass kicked? There's nothing to respond to in Revan's case because I gave you another case.

You win the "can a nexus extend into space" argument. You don't win the "all nexus' extends into space" argument. Move along.

And before the ritual? Everyone on the planet was affected, everyone in space was not. Again, if anything was proven, is that a nexus could extend into space, not that it necessarily does.

SunRazer
That's cute. Getting your ass kicks translates into you bitching and moaning insults that don't make any sense thumb up

You ran away after being destroyed in the Drain debate in the other thread.

The insults came from you first, by the way.

To you, perhaps.

Ass kicked defines what happened to you in that other thread, definitely. As for continuing to post afterwards - yeah, after you showed that you couldn't comprehend Zoltan's sentences, that's exactly what you did.

So you have no response, but it's all good because you can bring up another example?

Let's try the inverse of that. There's nothing to respond to in this case, because I gave you another one - Revan's case.

One of the longest versions of "I concede" that I've ever seen. But I'll accept it.

MS Warehouse
I didn't run away, I reduced your arguments to dust and you've been bitching ever since.

Sure.. I could comprehend fine. The fact that your go to insult after getting butthurt is "well you don't understand sentences", I'm starting to think you don't know what that means. But please by all means, bring up other threads I dominated just to rationalize your own demise.

Uh, you tried to use the Revan example to prove all nexus' extend into space. I debunked that with an example where it doesn't. What are you not getting? Concession accepted.

Seeing as how this debate is pretty much over and you got killed on the other one, you will continue to ***** and moan indefinitely so I'll move on to responding to rational human beings until you have something intelligent to add, mk?

SunRazer
I didn't run away, I reduced your arguments to dust and you've been bitching ever since.

Huh. Guess who failed to respond when the debate reached its climax? And I was entertaining you that entire debate. If I wanted to, I could've destroyed your entire argument by saying this - you were denying me my quote on the basis that it was from the DS version, yet you base your entire argument around a quote... from the DS version.

I'm sure you'll be able to gather many people who can genuinely verify that you dominated anything but the illusion that you were worth responding to.

And why doesn't the inverse work? You're trying to prove otherwise with this example, and I debunked that with an example where it does. What are you not getting? It's a stupid argument and doesn't work. Concession accepted.

As I said, even if I conceded this point, the comparison's not all that relatable to Valkorion over Zakuul. On the other hand, Revan's certainly is, so you'd still be burdened with disproving that even if I conceded this. But there's nothing to concede to at the moment, since you don't even have an argument.

The last intelligent thing in this discussion was the Revan example, which you ran away from. But please, keep deluding yourself with illusions of how you walk over everyone else here. I'm sure such a big ego takes up all the space in your brain and leaves nothing for an genuinely intelligent discussion.

MS Warehouse
Cute. As a last resort you want to appeal to a majority.

Right, so you have no idea what an intelligent discussion or a simple argument entails and you're going to continue typing a bunch of emotional nonsense until I stop responding. That about right?

SunRazer
*Yawn*. When you decide to actually respond to the point, call me. Until then, I think there's nothing here worthy of sustained effort and attention.

MS Warehouse
*Yawn*. When you decide to actually respond to the point, call me. Until then, I think there's nothing here worthy of sustained effort and attention.

I believe i've already done that. You basically said "nope I can't hear you". That was too easy frankly so I'll allow you to keep bitching.

S_W_LeGenD
Meetra was shivering from the dark side energies of Dromund Kaas whilst in its skies,
She was not in the space during this moment. She was inside the planet's atmosphere.

and Scourge was sickened by the lack of Force-sensitivity on Nathema even when he was in proximate space. The area above a planet would also be affected by the nexus.
Nathema is not a nexus of Force energy; it is a void in the Force.

The void permeates the planet itself and proximate space around it.

That does not suggests that they were experiencing the effects of such environments in space.

Space is terribly cold. A living being will experience intense cold in space and freeze to death, if exposed. Nothing else.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.